tweak's Content

There have been 10 items by tweak (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#355356 What water gun to mod

Posted by tweak on 04 August 2016 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

The new Buzz Bee Water Warriors Gargantua uses an elastic bladder like the old SS Hydro Cannon, which is a beast.

I thought about modding mine but just waited for the BB Destiny to come out, uses the same type of elastic bladder.

#350775 New to Modding, need help

Posted by tweak on 14 January 2016 - 08:50 PM in Modifications

Any tips and/or any other form of help would be very much appreciated

Rewiring the Stryfe is pretty simple if you have the proper material. I prefer Foam Data Services Stryfe guide.

My best advice is to get a nice soldering iron/station and learn to use it effectively. Take an hour and practice tinning some wires. If you don't have any spare wire, use the crap wire that you cut out of your stryfe.

Have you decided on a battery type? Are you planning on upgrading motors?

Good luck on your first adventure.

#350774 Cool Nerf Gun Tricks!

Posted by tweak on 14 January 2016 - 08:39 PM in General Nerf

If you do the smoke trick, won't it gum up the gun after a couple shots.

I shot only a half dozen flour darts from my Jolt and yeah it was gummed up on the inside of the barrel. I've lubed my Jolt with lithium grease when I bought it, so it may have more lube than most factory blasters, so YMMV.

#348840 Nerf Rivals Canada

Posted by tweak on 25 September 2015 - 09:29 AM in General Nerf

would you recommend either?

Depends on your use. They are more accurate than darts but the HIR rounds lose a ton of speed due to air resistance.

I'd recommend the Apollo, it shoots harder, is cheaper, and doesn't require any batteries. You can always buy a 12 round mag and put it in the Apollo.

But it sure is fun firing off 12 rounds with the Zues, so effortless to just pull a trigger.

#348777 Nerf Shotgun?

Posted by tweak on 17 September 2015 - 08:08 PM in Modifications

I do want to make a gun that will shoot a fare amount of darts.

I know you say you want a nerf, but have you seen the new BoomCo Burstwave? Sound about what your looking for, maybe mod it to shoot nerf darts. I'd like to see that. :)

#348630 Nerf Rival Apollo Overview/Internals

Posted by tweak on 02 September 2015 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

Does the apollo have anything similar?

Yup, a plastic one molded into the barrel. The Zues has a rubber one.

#348131 Air Restrictor Removal Cons

Posted by tweak on 30 July 2015 - 08:47 AM in Modifications

I found Coop's video on dry firing helps wrap your head around what the AR's purpose.

I leave my main AR in on most my blasters. The sound of dry firing on accident w/o an AR makes me cringe.

#347468 Nerf N-Strike Elite Firestrike Mod Guide

Posted by tweak on 27 June 2015 - 10:01 AM in Modifications

Just did this exact spring upgrade (hardware store spring) on my Rebelle Star Shot, same exact internals. Lost that bottom nut that holds the battery door about 4 times. Thinking of upgrading to a laser pointer instead of LED.

I didn't cut the plunger head off though, opened the spring up and worked it around till it came off.

I haven't measured distance but this thing is shooting as far as my Cycloneshot with elite darts, :o . I tried using the same spring in my Strongarm and just didn't trust it could handle the stress, there is no rubber on the end of the plunger like in the Star Shot. It wasn't shooting much farther than with the Star Shots stock spring anyway to make it worth the stress.

Couldn't believe how week the Strongarm spring was, must be a very efficient plunger.

#347462 Cycloneshock Barrel extension and reinforcement guide

Posted by tweak on 26 June 2015 - 09:08 PM in Modifications

There you go, I was actually surprised how well they fit in there.

So jelly. I love this mod, by far my favorite Cycloneshock mod I've seen.

I didn't understand why you extended the barrel until I noticed the rear loading.

#347461 Hammershot Barrel in Cycloneshock

Posted by tweak on 26 June 2015 - 09:00 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have seen mods to the Cycloneshock's barrel to fit smaller darts, but since the barrel of the Cycloneshock seems like a larger scale set up of the barrel in the Hammershot, would it be possible and effective to switch the Hammershot's barrel into the Cycloneshock?

I highly recommend a re-barrel. The Cycloneshock has quickly became my favorite handgun using smaller darts. Makes me want to try the Modulus.

I would love to see someone make a permanent barrel that would fit 7-8 elite darts.