n3rfop007's Content

There have been 4 items by n3rfop007 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#347653 Swift Aiming with Cycloneshock

Posted by n3rfop007 on 04 July 2015 - 01:11 AM in General Nerf

The Cycloneshock is simply not designed for accuracy, as you indicate above. Its power, combined with the tiny "barrel" means that inaccuracy will always be a problem. The whistle is innately inaccurate, even with the improvement of two holes. Any tendencies you have observed will be due to systematic error (That is, some flaw in the design causes darts fired from that particular model to leave the barrel in a particular way more often than usual). One of the greatest mistakes made in nerf "science" is using tiny sample sizes. Try firing 10 different Cycloneshocks from 10 different stores 1000 times each (Impractical I know, but think of it as a thought experiment), then see if the same tendency is still present.

Sleightof hand is an answer, but will not work the same way for everyone, simply because the gun itself is different in every model. What you have done is get used to the quirks of your particular model, and reacted accordingly. I will be testing this method Today (possibly) to find out is the same flaw is present in my model. Bravo on finding a solution, but the suggestion that it will work for others is flawed.

I had thought of the factor of different models, but I kind of put it to the side. But nonetheless you are right. It did work for me, but it's more accurate of me to say it "may" work for others, but is not guaranteed. Thank you for that, and thank you for offering to run tests. I had some activities to do today so I couldn't get around to it myself, but if you'd like to that's very helpful and highly welcomed.

#347609 Swift Aiming with Cycloneshock

Posted by n3rfop007 on 01 July 2015 - 11:55 PM in General Nerf

I, like many, am a big fan of the features and performance of the Cycloneshock. It's look triggers a menacing grin on my face, it's power and distance keeps my eyes widened, and the whistling of the darts in the air sends chills. But one flaw that is common in this blaster is its sometimes unpredictable inaccuracy. I've been shooting at a large wall in my yard , and noticed how the darts react from different distances. About 10 feet at least from the wall, the darts landed very close to my target. As I stepped back and shot farther away, the darts curved more to the mid/lower left.

I watched an episode of MythBusters testing the possibility of curving a bullet by shooting a gun with a swift passing motion of the arm. In their case, they couldn't curve a real bullet. I couldn't curve the dart, but I did end up increasing the accuracy of the dart's direction. 25 feet from the wall, I stood with the gun held behind the top of my head, made a swift gesture downward, and with proper timing the dart spiraled as it shot straight at my target.

So for those quick hand renegades out there, if you need to pull out your Cycloneshock behind a barricade for a distant shot, this may be the technique for you.

I will post specific logs of my data if requested.

#347441 Hammershot Barrel in Cycloneshock

Posted by n3rfop007 on 25 June 2015 - 06:40 PM in Darts and Barrels

Yes, you certainly could swap them out, but you would run in to problems with:

• Alignment of the barrels with the plunger outlet
  • Sacrificing one blaster entirely, just for the cylinder.
  • Very short barrels for the Cycloneshock plunger.

This should probably be in the modifications forum. D's&B's is more for discussion about replacement barrel materials, building your own darts, etc.

Oh alright then. Thanks for the feedback! :)

#347436 Hammershot Barrel in Cycloneshock

Posted by n3rfop007 on 25 June 2015 - 05:42 PM in Darts and Barrels

I recently obtained a Nerf Mega Cycloneshock, and while I appreciate its performance and power as is, I find the idea of all that power in a smaller dart intriguing.

I have seen mods to the Cycloneshock's barrel to fit smaller darts, but since the barrel of the Cycloneshock seems like a larger scale set up of the barrel in the Hammershot, would it be possible and effective to switch the Hammershot's barrel into the Cycloneshock?

I'm relatively new to modifying and infusing Nerf guns, and I'd like the opinion of some who are more experienced before I go taking apart two guns.

note: I was not sure if this question should go under Darts and Barrels or Modifications, so if it's in the wrong place please let me know.