Rich's Content

There have been 15 items by Rich (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#349271 Stefan/Slug making in Australia or lack of supplies thereof

Posted by Rich on 23 October 2015 - 03:58 PM in Darts and Barrels

You could always just make domes. I'm sure there is an industrial supplier in Australia that can provide ball bearings.

They were banned after so many people made crap ones with fishing weights, needless to say people got severely hurt from the glue separating from the dart then the weight seperating from the glue

#349270 Stefan/Slug making in Australia or lack of supplies thereof

Posted by Rich on 23 October 2015 - 03:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

Have you tried asking on Oznerf? http://oznerf.forumotion.com/
They are always where I go for answers to questions about the land of the "Drop Bears"

Hmmm I will go ask there now (I had never actually heard of them)

#349269 Stefan/Slug making in Australia or lack of supplies thereof

Posted by Rich on 23 October 2015 - 03:50 PM in Darts and Barrels

Those are pretty easy to make. Find a friend/school shop/other shop with a drill press or router and chuck an appropriate bit, then go to town on a sheet of plastic (Usually a cutting board, which you should be able to find in AUS).

You've probably got different prices than I do, but ebay here shows loads of Chinese clone elite-darts for $0.04-0.08 each shipped. Just the materials for slugs cost more than those do.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to tell you. Australian Nerf seems to be its own animal due to your rules on projectile weapons of all kinds, so members from there might have ideas on what works best for you.

I would have made a silicone tip mould, but in the land of down under schools don't really have a "school workshop". It's annoying I know.

#349255 Stefan/Slug making in Australia or lack of supplies thereof

Posted by Rich on 23 October 2015 - 02:19 AM in Darts and Barrels

Those are terrible. They aren't aerodynamic and solder is incredibly expensive compared to the traditional stefan weights. And you might as well make those o-ring darts that are similar because even though they also fly like shit (read: WAY shorter distances and accuracies compared to domes or slugs, or even VANS, silicone domes and sili-tips) at least they're metal free/safe.

Agreed. Also, do you know how I can obtain a silicone tip mould. I am also happy with suggestions for darts other than silicone tips and slugs, as long as they don't give paintball welts, draw blood or are stupidly expensive. Happy nerfing

#349253 Stefan/Slug making in Australia or lack of supplies thereof

Posted by Rich on 23 October 2015 - 02:15 AM in Darts and Barrels

Are solder and electrical tape available in the Land of Oz?

You could make JSPB magnums.

I hope I am not violating the forum rules by saying this, but their performance is crap period.

#349252 Stefan/Slug making in Australia or lack of supplies thereof

Posted by Rich on 23 October 2015 - 02:12 AM in Darts and Barrels

Personally I think the easiest way would be to get a bulk McMaster order together and have a member from the US ship it to you.

I do not really have the money to arrange a order of bulk size plus shipping is stupidly expensive

#349231 Stefan/Slug making in Australia or lack of supplies thereof

Posted by Rich on 22 October 2015 - 07:47 AM in Darts and Barrels

As the title suggests, it is very hard to find felt for slugs in Australia. The main supplier of felt tips I could find is this website www.walkershardware.com.au/showProduct/Hardware/CASTORS+and+LEGS/22210349/BUFFER+S+SAVER+ANTI+SKID+FROAM+13MM+PK24
As you can see, the felt is very expensive as we do not have a Mcmastercarr equivalent here. I was thinking we could make a combined list for cheap supplies for slug making and the like in Australia to help nerfers who are just getting into the hobby in Australia and need a little direction in the way of supplies. I will start off the list with some FBR although i haven't tested it. http://www.ebay.com....KwAAOSw91NTvMRM
Is the link. Happy nerfing

#345720 Safety Tape Decals!

Posted by Rich on 21 March 2015 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

Looks good and pretty easy I might have try this on my strongarm :D

Same here

#345642 eBay Nerf darts

Posted by Rich on 18 March 2015 - 02:52 PM in Darts and Barrels

They should. They work with my OMW Massacre Alpha Trooper. I have some stock stuff, I can double check tonight, but they are designed for regular use, not just in modded blasters. they just happen to perform better in modded blasters then stock streamlines.. and overall.

Thanks, and keep me posted when you double check

#345628 eBay Nerf darts

Posted by Rich on 18 March 2015 - 12:11 AM in Darts and Barrels

beautifulwoman2012 on ebay sells koosh darts at a good price. they work work with clip. good construction and are better than streamline darts.

Do they work with a totally non
modded retaliatory

#345600 eBay Nerf darts

Posted by Rich on 17 March 2015 - 04:07 AM in Darts and Barrels

A seller named buyinbox has my new favorite knock-off darts here: http://www.ebay.com....=item2349f090f5 (on ebay.com.au too!)
I put up a review thread here if you want more info: http://nerfhaven.com...opic=25828&st=0

As of now, they're about 40% cheaper than koosh darts. Good luck with your search!

~Rave

Will they work in a retaliator and reach at least 16m. Thx rich

Update: do his knockoff elite darts work better than his suction cup ones

#345586 eBay Nerf darts

Posted by Rich on 16 March 2015 - 04:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hi, I was wondoring if one of the many nerf dart sellers on eBay had Good darts. I don't mind if they are knockoffs. I want a bulk pack of 200 darts. Can you recommend a seller. Can be from anywhere but must have a listing on eBay.com.au and ship to Australia.

Thanks in advance, rich

#345512 Nerf mega spring mod

Posted by Rich on 12 March 2015 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

The regular elite OMW spring (for the retaliator, etc) works in the cycloneshock.

However, there is an australian purveyor of springs...Oznerfnerd. Might be cheaper to buy from him.

I think there is another site that has a Magnus spring, but I can't recall which one. Try a google search.

Or go to your Australian-equivalent-to-a-Lowes store and look for a spring there.

Edit: Slower posting than Arekin, but I included a link!

Thanks for the link, I will contact him about strongarm and mega line spring support

#345511 Nerf mega spring mod

Posted by Rich on 12 March 2015 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

Honestly I wouldn't recommend omw at all. They are very inconsistent as of late.

Oznerfnerd does sell some great upgrade kits, but I'm not seeing any for the blasters you mentioned. If I can't personally find a designed spring for a blaster I want to mod my first step is to pull the spring and head to my local hardware store. Once there I'll look through their compression springs for a comparable size and test by hand its strength. You can use a hacksaw to cut them down to size if they are too long, but remember that the springs compressed length can affect whether the blaster will be able to catch. Lastly, if you have a much beefier spring, make sure that you are also buying an improved catch spring, otherwise the blaster will never catch.

Hi, I will look at oz nerfed. If not I will head down to Bunnings and hopefully get one

#345498 Nerf mega spring mod

Posted by Rich on 12 March 2015 - 01:37 AM in Modifications

Hi, I am new to modding and would like to be able to spring mod blisters. The blasters I want to start with are the nerf strongarm, nerf mega Magnus and nerf mega cyclone shock. Both mega blasters do not have springs listed on the Orange mod works website. I am in australia so don't suggest going to lowes to get a spring or any American store for that fact. Which springs from omw would work with those 2 blasters.
I also hope this topic helps others who want to mod mega guns.