mudkipforever's Content

There have been 27 items by mudkipforever (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#346129 How to fix a stryfe

Posted by mudkipforever on 12 April 2015 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

So a friend of mine bought a stryfe two years ago and with fresh batteries out of the box it hardly shot, he was upset but just kept it In a closet and I now own it.. I was wondering is there anything I could do to fix it? I am will ing to do most mods as long it's not too expensive and does not require shell cutting. Thanks!

#346010 Why is xplorer so expensive!?!

Posted by mudkipforever on 04 April 2015 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

I went on to the explorer site to look for a few things and everything seems so overpriced! What is the deal?

#346009 OMW Longstrike Immortal kit ... its here.

Posted by mudkipforever on 04 April 2015 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

...so I just bought a Longshot said to be in perfect working order (with only the clip catch missing)...and the thing shoots a whopping 4 feet. Also, the front gun handle is loose and inoperable. I has some work to do. What's this kit cost?

For starters it WAS $70 but you cannot get them anymore, also this is for the longstrike not the longshot.

#345800 Flywheel longshot

Posted by mudkipforever on 25 March 2015 - 02:07 PM in Modifications

Spring's energy isn't going to be added to the flywheels in any practical way. The dart would have to enter the flywheels perfectly centered, and the wheels would have to be moving faster than the dart is already to contribute. Think of throwing a pitch, into a pitching machine to get it to go farther.

A rebarreling could make it work

#345799 Flywheel longshot

Posted by mudkipforever on 25 March 2015 - 02:04 PM in Modifications

Why would you want to remake the Vulcan?

It's not, and even if it was its a completly different shell

#345790 Flywheel longshot

Posted by mudkipforever on 25 March 2015 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

So I was thinking of cool longshot mods and the best idea came to me! What if someone put flywheels in a longshot right after the dart tooth? It sounds crazy but you could shoot shoot without the flywheels which is great for stealth, OR you could turn on flywheels and go that that way plus the spring power!

EDIT: I just realized that it wouldn't solve the semi auto issue, but still sounds dope

Moderator Edit: USER HAS BEEN WARNED AND SUSPENDED FOR THIS POST, AWFUL USERNAME, AND THE FACT THAT NOTHING ABOUT HIS PROJECT SOUNDS DOPE.

#345746 OMW Rampage kit??

Posted by mudkipforever on 22 March 2015 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

I've thought about angel breeching one as well, but I don't think I'm quite ready XD, would love to see a write up of one though. As far as the retaliatory, I have had one for a while and don't care for it mainly because the priming method stinks and no slam fire. I had a raider a while back and loved it hence the reason I want the rampage and kit.

#345694 OMW Rampage kit??

Posted by mudkipforever on 20 March 2015 - 03:51 PM in Modifications

Some Rampages (later production models, maybe?) require the use of a small white cap that is included in the kit. I couldn't get it to fit, so I couldn't use the new plunger rod or catch. I just stuck with the new mainspring and catch spring. I haven't had any problems yet, so I would recommend just buying one of their springs and catch springs by themselves.

Hmm, I haven't bought the rampage for it yet... The sonic ice one should have the piece I'm guessing since its newer... I will probably get that and a kit, I'm not sure.

#345691 OMW Rampage kit??

Posted by mudkipforever on 20 March 2015 - 10:54 AM in Modifications

So I have been looking at the Orange mod works kit for the rampage but I haven't found many reveiws. Does anyone know if it's worth the $25? Does anyone have it?? Thanks!

#345675 Homemade build price

Posted by mudkipforever on 19 March 2015 - 02:40 PM in Homemades

The Mark 8 costs ~$50 if you don't already have any the required parts or materials. If you can buy the exact quantity of every part you'd need for the bulk costs, you're looking at $15.50 per blaster (You can't; I think it's like 100 blasters built to get that price). For $58 you could build two. If you don't have a drill, saw, or bits; you're probably going to need to buy $50 in tools. Basically any saw can cut PVC (Shoot, even mason's twine can cut PVC), so if you have one already you're good. Everything you need should be available at a well-stocked Home Depot or Lowes.

I looked at your mark 8 and loved it. I think I will make that first, the HAMP is cool but not quite what I want, so thanks!

#345665 Homemade build price

Posted by mudkipforever on 19 March 2015 - 09:59 AM in Homemades

My first snap carbine with a home depot handyman spring only ran me about 30 bucks and it still works, 3 years down the road.

What's it hitting range wise?

#345658 the nerf Rivals blasters

Posted by mudkipforever on 18 March 2015 - 09:36 PM in General Nerf

I must say, I wasn't excited for these at first, but after looking in to them, I'm hyped! I will be the nerd in the store shelling out $100 for the guns and refills lol.

#345657 Need help making Reaper's Hellfire Shotguns.

Posted by mudkipforever on 18 March 2015 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

OR.. You could intergrate rough cuts and hammer shots lol, not sure how it would turn out but sounds cool

#345643 Homemade build price

Posted by mudkipforever on 18 March 2015 - 03:53 PM in Homemades

Depending on what tools you have the price could ebbe as low as 5-15$ but more than likely since you will screw up something on your first try (we all do) your looking at around 20-30 for your first real homemade.

I recommend for your first build of anything try making a HAMP. Its pretty straight forward and will allow you to get used to cutting PVC and using couplers and bushings. All of you should need is some PVC pipe and PVC fittings depending on what you already have.

After that look into making a trigger less Snap then one with a trigger and keep working on up.

I looked up the HAMP and I think that's a great way to start, how much would a good pumpsnap run me? I have the tools.

#345636 Homemade build price

Posted by mudkipforever on 18 March 2015 - 01:10 PM in Homemades

So I am very new to the homemades and I plan on building one soon( I'm not sure which one yet!) BUT I need to know how much I could end up paying before I start. Thanks!

#345608 South eastern Virginia nerfers?

Posted by mudkipforever on 17 March 2015 - 04:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Man, that stinks. We need to change this XD

#345585 Reinforce boltsled?

Posted by mudkipforever on 16 March 2015 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

Awesome. Thanks!

#345582 South eastern Virginia nerfers?

Posted by mudkipforever on 16 March 2015 - 02:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I've looked around but have not found any serious nerfers here. Is there just no nerfing
community here?

#345580 Reinforce boltsled?

Posted by mudkipforever on 16 March 2015 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

I just got my 8kg Orange mod works spring for my longshot in the mail and I need to know if or how to reinforce my boltsled. Will coat hanger and epoxy suffice? Or should I order aluminum plates? Also how bad would it be to not reinforce for about a month and a half? Please help, thanks!

#345546 I lost all my retaliator screws

Posted by mudkipforever on 14 March 2015 - 03:10 PM in Modifications

HELP!!! So I took my retaliator apart a while back and it never got back together, over time they got lost or thrown away. Is there anything I can use to replace them?

#345545 Help with longshot intergration

Posted by mudkipforever on 14 March 2015 - 02:34 PM in Modifications

I am making a longshot strong arm intergration, there are several tutorials to intergrate Mavericks but I havent found any for the strongarm. Is there any notable differences in doing this?

#345542 Pump action longshot-maverick

Posted by mudkipforever on 14 March 2015 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

I decided to just do a longshot and strong arm,

#345510 Pump action longshot-maverick

Posted by mudkipforever on 12 March 2015 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

I'm actually doing it more for a quicker and easier prime and higher R.O.F and the balance was a bonus. Great idea though, I wouldn't have thought of it

#345501 Pump action longshot-maverick

Posted by mudkipforever on 12 March 2015 - 08:17 AM in Modifications

Ok so I am building a longshot with a maverick and firefly intergration( and a LOZ paint job!) BUT, I want to include a pump action grip for easier priming and balanced stress. I haven't seem this done anywhere. Any ideas??

#345460 Hyrulian longshot

Posted by mudkipforever on 10 March 2015 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

Ok so I have a concept that I thought I would share. I plan on making a modded longshot with all regular mods, then add a firefly stock and strong arm intergration. I was trying to think of how to paint while playing zelda and them it hit me. The colors from a hyrulian shield! I would base coat blue and compliment it with gray and gold enamel! Good concept??

#345447 Longshot catch strength?

Posted by mudkipforever on 10 March 2015 - 10:16 AM in Modifications

Ok, thanks.

#345437 Longshot catch strength?

Posted by mudkipforever on 09 March 2015 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

I plan on buying a new zombie strike longshot to mod, ( spring upgrade, ar removal, etc) but I would like to know if the stock trigger catch can handle O.M.W's 8kg spring. Please help, thanks!