racer188's Content

There have been 61 items by racer188 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#349282 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by racer188 on 23 October 2015 - 08:50 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response to this thread. Been preoccupied with airsoft lately and it has been a schedule conflict with my local Nerf games (Bay Area Nerf, shameless plug :). Josh & Chris run great games!)

Anyhow I've been able to test with my modded Longshots and Rapidstike indoors.

I'd love to put a more in depth review but time does not permit today so just a quick one for you guys that were waiting on a response

1. Darts are affordable, alternative to the stock Elite.
2. Darts are the same length and had no problems on my flywheel blasters but others have reported different. I just tested with my knockoff stryfe and it works just fine.
3. FPS drops vs an elite. I've seen as much as 10fps.
4. A little more consistent than an elite but not as accurate as the explorer darts.
5. Wont sting like a FVJ when shot at point blank ranges. The tip is quite soft. Coining the phrase "nipple dart" from PYSK. (I'll leave it at that)
6. Non modded blasters (shooting from a stock hammerstrike) it seems like it loses some distance, 5-10ft but accuracy better.
7. Still has some darts that wander off but not as extreme as elites (tested at 40ft)
8. Modded spring blasters they perform well, (modded longshots varying from 5kg - 12kg springs, 8kg retaliator)
9. Have not played a game with it so the true performance is unknown
10. I'd still go with koosh, but these would be an alternate

So hope this helps and doesn't confuse everyone

#347960 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by racer188 on 20 July 2015 - 08:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

Ok, finally got the darts in. Here are the initial pics. I will do a chrono shortly. Unfortunately they arrived 2 weeks two late for me to used them at B.U.R.N

Intial thoughts, very good quality foam. Thicker than the Nerf elite foam. The dart tip is solid but not firm like the solid tip darts from China. They closely resemble the Xplorer V2 tips. I'll do more testing as time allows and report back any additional findings

From left to right: Nerf Elite, Koosh Dart, Accurate (Chunlin), Chinese Dart (Solid Tip), Xplorer V2 Dart, Chinese Elite
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comparison to Xplorer V2
Posted Image

Comparison to Nerf Elite
Posted Image

Posted Image

So until I get some more testing done, I'll leave it at that and let you guys chime in. I'll try to answer any questions you might have.

#347544 OMW Hammershot O-Tac S1 Kit

Posted by racer188 on 29 June 2015 - 11:56 PM in Modifications

Well finally got around to installing this kit. I must say, I am disappointed, OMW. This is not a drop in kit at all and needed a lot of modding to make it work smoothly.

Let me see where should I start (I'm sure many of you have heard about the issues already, I'm just going to back them up)

- Barrel fit was fugly. Had to sand and dremel it so it would seat correctly.
- The hammer did fit right. Had to sand and dremel the guide so it would be able to engage.
- Trigger, well it sucked. The rubber coating on mine was peeling and it would get stuck when you pulled the trigger. Had to remove the peeling rubber and trim the trigger to make it work. Winding the trigger spring was not the fix to my issue to increase the return.
- The barrel, well after I initially put it all back together the performance gain was negligible. barely 80fps with new darts. I ended up drilling the barrels out and now it gets full air flow and gets avg 92fps. Much more respectable. And the AR is still intact and functioning.
- The foam that sealed the barrel to the AR was damaged due to the tight tolerance gap between the new barrel and AR. I had to repair it with some E6000.

All in all, this kit needed work. After all the tweaks I did, it's a much happier blaster now. Here is the updated pic of the barrel and install.

Posted Image

Nice to have 6 shots though. I think I'm going to have to throw this on Ebay.

#347537 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by racer188 on 29 June 2015 - 08:10 PM in Darts and Barrels

If you order them, definitely post up your findings. Personally I have a great love for those Koosh Darts, the description in the listing and the product picture sound a little contradictory, and that foam looks weak (in the bending picture) So I would hold off myself, and let someone else take one for the team.

I'll report back my findings when I receive them.

#347487 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by racer188 on 28 June 2015 - 11:49 AM in Darts and Barrels

Hey guys has anyone here tried these darts? Link They resemble my Xplorer dart from Singapore but does not require me to glue them together :) and cost a lot less.

I'm going to order a some and see how well they hold up. Maybe a viable option for Nerf Wars

#347486 Taobao Longshot Shotgun Grip by F10555

Posted by racer188 on 28 June 2015 - 11:46 AM in General Nerf

Psyk said that in order to get these that you have to use a secondary site such as Peeka. Is this the case or can you order directly from them and still get it?
If you used a secondary site would you be willing to share with us which one?
I am very interested in getting a few of these but feel it may not be worth the troubles of doing so.

I used panli shop. Link No problem with the purchase from start to finish. They take Paypal but if you are buying an amount that is large they will need to verify your ID first. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. They charge 1% or so for their service. You have to take into consideration there will be two shipping costs. 1 from the buyer to address in China and 1 from China to USA. Shipping cost will vary from the speed you want it to get here. See below for shipping time.

yes, you have to use a third party for taobao as they do not ship outside of china. a friend has had success with taobaoring as a broker, but i cannot personally speak for them. just remember, these brokers do charge a fee for their services and depending on your shipping speed it could take a month or months to arrive. good luck.

From start to finish my order transaction took 2 weeks to get into my hands. I opted to use a more expensive shipping option, DHL. Everything in my order arrived without a hitch. Shipping speed depends on your wallet size.

#346944 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by racer188 on 27 May 2015 - 02:24 AM in Modifications

I officially have a longshot addiction

Posted Image
Posted Image

Specs (top to bottom)

White on Black
-White Vinyl Dye + Black Vinyl Dye
-OZnerfnerd Longshot kit with 14KG spring with some custom internal work
-F10555 shotgun grip
-140fps

Nissan Orange on Black
-Duplicolor Nissan Orange + Black Vinyl Dye
-8kg OMW spring + custom internal work
-reinforced bolt sled (custom made brackets)
-F10555 shotgun grip
-120fps

Honda Pearl Blue on Black
-Duplicolor Honda Pearl Blue + Black Vinyl Dye
-Xplorer fighter kit + OMW Stage 1 kit + custom internal work
-Xplorer Hybrid bolt sled
-14kg Spring
-OMW metal trigger
-Xplorer shotgun grip w/picatinny rail covers
-160fps

White on White
-Rustoleum 2x satin white
-Angel breech using brass
-Reinforced bolt sled
-Xplorer gen 1 shotgun grip w/ picatinny rail covers
-OMW Stage 1 kit
-OMW 10kg spring
-OMW metal trigger
-BBTac electronic red cross scope
-210fps

Black and Gray
-Black Vinyl Dye + Hand painted Craftsmart Acrylic Gray
-Reinforced bolt sled
-OMW 5KG spring + Stock Spring
-upgraded catch spring
-Xplorer gen 1 shotgun grip
-OWM metal trigger (not in pic)
-90fps

#346943 Taobao Retaliator Shotgun Grip by F10555

Posted by racer188 on 27 May 2015 - 02:05 AM in General Nerf

Here it is, a quick overview of the F10555 shotgun grip for the retailator Taobao Link

Here is the kit, I purchased it with the picatinny side rails and decided to use my own foregrip

Posted Image

Installed product with a gavinfuzzy front barrel tip Hobbymods Link

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I plan on getting the picatinny top rails, Link , along with the M4 butt stock adapter shortly and then do a full angel breech mod. Should be able to get some pretty decent performance out of this blaster when done.

#346871 Nerf Slingstrike Mod

Posted by racer188 on 22 May 2015 - 02:00 AM in Modifications

So I had this slingstrike sitting around that I couldn't get rid of, even on eBay.

Decided to see if I can mod it. Here you go

Posted Image

Really not much you can do with this thing.

Removed all the locks, including the one that locks the Y portion in place. By removing the lock you can now draw the bungee without a dart.

Posted Image

I replaced the original string with 1/8 OD surgical tubing

Posted Image

I cut the end of the guide to gain just bit more of draw.

Posted Image

And finally, covered the handle with some silicone self fusing tape.

Posted Image

With these mods I'm able to register 65ish fps on the Chrony.

#346862 Taobao Longshot Shotgun Grip by F10555

Posted by racer188 on 20 May 2015 - 10:54 PM in General Nerf

Got some goods in the mail today all the way from China. Saw these a few weeks back and PYSK just did a review on his channel, here

Link to item on TaoBao

First impressions, the 3D printing is amazing and very fine quality. I have this on one of my longshots with a 14KG spring and the install was super easy. I ordered mine with the added picatinny side rail covers but did not order the pump grip bottom picatinny attachment

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comparison to an Xplorer gen 1 shotgun grip

Posted Image

I also got F10555's shotgun kit for the retaliator, which I will try to post later. Link is here

#346852 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by racer188 on 20 May 2015 - 03:00 AM in Modifications

Decided to experiment with some 3M Di Noc I had laying around. Barrel was from an Elite Spectre

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What is looks like on my modded Stryfe

Posted Image

May have to try a few more blasters now.

#346783 OMW Hammershot O-Tac S1 Kit

Posted by racer188 on 16 May 2015 - 01:09 AM in Modifications

My OMW Hammershot kit just arrived. Here are some pics of the kit and initial remarks

Packaging is nice. The mold quality not so much. If you look carefully you will see a distinctive line down the barrel, almost looks like a crack but its the what it is molded.
Posted Image

What comes in the kit
Posted Image

The new internals. My hammer on the thumb area looks really chewed up. Not sure if its the mold or a dog was at the factory
Posted Image

The new barrel. What is puzzling is the half circle opening for the darts instead of a full circle. I forget if the original plunger design is only a half circle
Posted Image

Posted Image

And the implant patient.Currently has a Blasterparts Hammershot kit with a 9KG spring. Let's see how the OMW kits stacks up when I am done.
Posted Image

#346615 Missing my longshot's plunger catch, anything I can do?

Posted by racer188 on 07 May 2015 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Hey guys I'm a new member here and this is my first post.

Anyways, I used to be really into modding and working on nerf guns a few years back. I did a big project on my original longshot, integrating the front gun into the bottom of the main blaster. I also beefed up the firing mechanism, it had some pretty amazing ranges and accuracy, as far as nerf guns go. My school is having a contest called AP assasination, where each round every senior gets the name of someone to eliminate as a target with a nerf gun. I've been dusting off my guns as of late, and went to my longshot, but it wasn't cocking properly. I opened it up and found that the bolt catch (plunger catch?) is missing, I must've lost it somewhere when I was taking it apart. I was wondering if there were any fixes for this or if there is a way to get a spare part, I'd hate to let all my work on this guy go to waste and have it be unusable.

Thanks for any expertise and ideas you guys can give me!

I assume you need the catch plate?

Like this?

Posted Image

#346603 Boomco Railstinger as a tactical add on Secondary

Posted by racer188 on 06 May 2015 - 08:43 PM in Modifications

something like this belongs in mods
good pictures of the internals though

(THREAD MOVED)

Thanks..

FYI..added pics with the mod to fire elites.

17/32nd brass

#346592 Boomco Railstinger as a tactical add on Secondary

Posted by racer188 on 05 May 2015 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

So got my hands on a Boomco Railstinger. I've played with the Boomco blasters and I don't mind it too much.

Thoughts with this blaster was to convert it to fire elites and/or have another one handy as a war day secondary attachment in case there is mix of ammo out on the playing field. I know, why not just Velcro a Jolt or some other variant onto the blaster. This thing just fits well onto the Nerf rail and looks tacticool. It could prove useful during a reload, jam, or out of ammo situation. The firing method is quite easy. Just pull all the way back on the blue triangleish lever and it fires. No need to keep it primed, or prime then pull trigger.

Here are the pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the internals

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The entire plunger tube is just friction fitted together. Hmm time to dig through the scrap parts bin and see what can come of this.

And here it is converted to fire elites.

Posted Image

converted the extra dart holder as well

Posted Image

Posted Image

Performance wise it's nothing to drop a jaw with. Avg is about 51ish fps and range about 20ft. Good as a tertiary last resort blaster though.

#346456 Longshot Bolt Sled Reinforcement Plate

Posted by racer188 on 28 April 2015 - 01:25 PM in Modifications

Anyone still modding Longshots out there? I've been cutting up my own bolt sled reinforcement plates and was wondering if there were a need for these in the buyers market. These are hand cut so they will most likely vary a bit from one another and cut from 26 gauge sheet metal. If interested let me know.

Posted Image

#346408 Sharpfire spring

Posted by racer188 on 23 April 2015 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

Thanks for your advice! Sounds great, I'll go ahead and order the OMW spring. And yes, I was planning on leaving in the locks as well for that reason :) Also, have you had any problems with the catch wearing down under the increased pressure, or is it pretty durable?

I didn't get to stress test the catch much, but you will notice the trigger will be a bit harder to pull.

#346397 Sharpfire spring

Posted by racer188 on 22 April 2015 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Hi!

I did a full mod to the Nerf Sharpfire (removed air restrictor, brass tubing in the barrel, remove locks, etc.) However I haven't bought the replacement spring yet. Would the 5kg spring from OMW for the Retaliator work in it (i.e. would it function properly and improve performance)?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, the 5KG OMW spring will work. Did that with mine but threaded it with the original spring as the OMW spring is shorter. Thing fires like a beast. I've gotten readings up to 129fps. I left the ratcheting system in place to prevent any finger losses.

*shameless plug* but I have it for sale on ebay right now, Ebay Link

#346395 Nerf Snapfire 2015 teardown

Posted by racer188 on 22 April 2015 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

You give up far too easily. With the plunger out, I stuck three corn-dog sticks down the barrel (in between the a/r prongs) and one tap with a hammer brought the entire restrictor/peg assembly out in one piece. The trigger/catch is removed exactly the same way as in a Jolt, and falls out through the front of the trigger guard.

Posted Image

Ohhhh.. well then.. challenge accepted. Let's see how much FPS I can get out of this bad boy. Thanks for the info.

#346375 Making metal stampede gears

Posted by racer188 on 22 April 2015 - 12:27 AM in Modifications

each metal gear should be around $15 because the largest one is the strongest and doesent need to be replaced.
Im receiving prototypes in the mail soon and will post photos of new gears and a new stampede catch plate i made.

Very interested in seeing the gears. I'd definitely be purchasing a few for my stampede. I've had to JB weld the one gear that slips over the square peg one down as it could not take the added spring load I have on my brass breeched shorten stampede. I'm using a 9kg blasterparts spring and their beefed up catch spring. Thing fires at 120fps easily but i'm sure the stock gears will give up in a war.

#346374 Nerf Snapfire 2015 teardown

Posted by racer188 on 22 April 2015 - 12:21 AM in Modifications

I recently picked up a Nerf Snapfire 2015, not to be confused with the Snapfire 8 from 2012.

Did a tear down on it to see what type of mods I can do to this thing. It's a pretty simple blaster and there isn't much to it. You can easily access the plunger rod, spring, and plunger head.

Unfortunately having further looks and test mods this thing is very mod unfriendly. Springs are not an issue as I have an assortment of springs that will fit. Even the spring from a hammershot fits. Problem is the catch. It is so weak that any spring stronger than stock it will not catch on the plunger head. The whole blaster is also solvent welded together so there is no way to get to the trigger and catch. It does have, what looks to be a giant AR which should be easy to get rid of, but what's the point if you can't upgrade the spring. Well I guess this blaster goes to the bottom of the bin for now. I was so hopeful, but now disappointed. Even the Mega Centurion would be more fun to mod.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#346202 Longshot Mod Xplorer + OMW + Brass

Posted by racer188 on 16 April 2015 - 03:19 AM in Modifications

Hey Guys

Just finished another project. This time it's the good ol Longshot. Started life as a stock blue longshot.

Added the following

Xplorer
-Hybrid Bolt Sled (this thing is NICE!!!!)
-Xplorer Fighter kit
-Xplorer Clip
-Xplorer Shotgun Grip (looks like their 2nd generation grip)

OMW
-Stage 1 Longshot kit (I still don't like their catch plate. This is 2 for 2 on my longshot that it doesn't catch well. Update: had to hand the arch part of the catch to bevel it some more. Now it works.)
-Metal Trigger

Brass shiny stuff
-Brass for the breech area (Original xplorer mod requires to cut the plastic breech and add their dart pusher, instead I used brass)

Here are the pics

The upgrade parts
Posted Image

Breech (or now the Dart pusher breech) with a beveled dead space for better air flow. Yes, you are seeing black molded hot glue.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Installed Parts (Sorry this pic sucks)
Posted Image

Bolt Sled
Posted Image

Finished and painted (All duplicolor. Black Vinyl Dye, Honda Blue Pearl, Silver wheel paint for the butt stock. Added some picatinny rail covers to the shotgun grip)
Posted Image

I probably could have just cut the original breech, glue the dart pusher and be done with it but I wanted to see if I could squeeze some more FPS out of the build. According to Xplorer and their vids they were getting anywhere from 130 to 240 fps with this kit. I did not use the 8KG spring from OMW but went with the 14KG spring from Xplorer. I did some reinforcing of the plunger head that I didn't get pics of. Also had to do some light sanding to the Xplorer parts. I still don't think I am getting a 100% seal in the breech. Note that with the Xplorer kit this will only shoot 1.5" darts.

So how does it perform?

Chrony readings (I was using Xplorer darts, cut to 1.5 total length and using the Xtip v2). I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

I can tell you the Xtip Xplorer darts are quite accurate.

Now onto my next project.......

#346121 Vinyl Dye base coat + Acrylic detailing?

Posted by racer188 on 12 April 2015 - 02:20 AM in Modifications

Sanded well, vinyl dye went on easy. Using Craftsmart acrylics

Odd, I use craftsmart with the duplicolor base coat all the time and have not had any problem with my projects. I usually shake up the paint bottles pretty good before starting and I lay down a thin coat and let that dry. I've gotten the best results by laying down thin coats, giving it 15-20 mins before the next. It's time consuming but it comes out well.

I just finished this project not too long ago

Posted Image

#346120 OMW Longstrike Immortal kit ... its here.

Posted by racer188 on 12 April 2015 - 02:06 AM in Modifications

How did you get your hands on this? at this point i can't find it or any information about it.

I got this kit from OMW back in 2014 when it came out of pre-order status. I think OMW is basically trying to play catch up on their production. They did come through with sending me the replacement plunger tube and missing catch springs. Just took awhile.

I am happy to report a gain in 10-20fps now with a proper plunger tube.

#345731 OMW Rampage kit??

Posted by racer188 on 22 March 2015 - 12:20 AM in Modifications

Hmm, I haven't bought the rampage for it yet... The sonic ice one should have the piece I'm guessing since its newer... I will probably get that and a kit, I'm not sure.

Here is the piece in question.
Posted Image

I have this kit and it's a decent kit. The piece mentioned above addresses some variances in shell designs. It's part of the OMW kit not the blaster. It fits in the plunger rod head to fix the gap issue and help with priming. On my blaster I had to do some fine tuning as priming was a complete SOB. I had to fill a bit of the plunger rod with hot glue to resolve the priming issue. I also went ahead and remove the AR system.

If you haven't spent the money for the blaster and the kit, I'd suggest getting the Retaliator and OMW Stage 1 & 2. Better performing blaster in my opinion.

However, now that I think of it, this would be a good angel breech candidate....hmmmm...

#345473 Can I Cut This Piece?

Posted by racer188 on 11 March 2015 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

Yes, I forgot. I found and reinforced that one too. The ballpoint pen sized spring right?

Yup that's the one.

#345470 Can I Cut This Piece?

Posted by racer188 on 10 March 2015 - 11:56 PM in Modifications

I'd like to add one more thing of concern for the Stampede. On mine I discovered there is one more spring that causes the bump fire even after replacing the one on the switch and the catch spring.

I used this, Blasterlabs

This spring is hidden underneath the slider where the catch is. The original one was way too weak.

Here is the link that explains it, link

Bump fire is now 100% gone on my Stampede. Mine is shorten, brass (angel) breeched, gears reinforced, and running off 4 trustfires.

#345347 Non-spraypaints. What works well on plastics?

Posted by racer188 on 03 March 2015 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

So what would the negative effects of applying enamel clear over the craftsmart acrylic paint be? I've been using Rustoleum Crystal Clear enamel for a while and I like it a lot. Never used Krylon.

I haven't cleared the craftsmart paint yet. It's been durable enough so far for me.

I've had other instance, with other paints where the clear would literally lift the paint up and shrivel it. Ended up being a clear coated dried desert look mess. I've also had instance where the paint on the painted model just literally soaked up the clear. Plastic got heavier but the clear never glossed up.

It's trial by error honestly. I've had more luck with the krylon stuff. I used to use another brand that was clear polyurethane. It was pretty universal but I cant find it anymore. The fumes were crazy though. Maybe that's why it's no longer sold at OSH.

Here is pic of a commission I am using the craftsmart paint on. Base coat is black duplicolor vinyl and brushed on color is Craftsmart Satin Khaki. Excuse the shiny parts, those are still wet.

Posted Image

#345335 Non-spraypaints. What works well on plastics?

Posted by racer188 on 03 March 2015 - 12:03 PM in Modifications

Holy hell racer188! $0.69 paints!?!? Yes please! And thanks for linking it up.

Mind if I ask what you use to seal acrylics for your blasters? I expect mine to continue to get heavy use, and don't know if I'll need a slightly different sealing coat for acrylics on plastic.

No problem, having used a variety of paints when I was building model cars besides the expensive Tamiya ones, these have become a favorite due to cost, availability and color palette.

I actually haven't had the need to coat any of my blasters with a clear. However with my model cars I've always had success with the Krylon clears. If I had to do it now I'd go with this one.. Krylon They have Gloss, Satin and Flat.

I always went with the rule of thumb, always use the same type of clear as your paint. Like Enamel paint = enamel clear. Acrylic paint = acrylic clear. Lacquer paint = lacquer clear, etc.

#345330 Non-spraypaints. What works well on plastics?

Posted by racer188 on 03 March 2015 - 01:16 AM in Modifications

I've been using craftsmart acrylic paints from Michaels. $0.69 for a variety of colors. The satin colors work well. They even have a glow in the dark one. Goes on well, water soluble, no fumes. Paints over Duplicolor Vinyl Dye well.

Link Here

#345059 Doubledown...Single Project

Posted by racer188 on 18 February 2015 - 03:58 AM in Modifications

How does this mod compare to something like a singled Nitefinder or Firestrike? It looks like the way the plunger tube sits on top of the shell would make it hard to add big springs without the blaster flying apart.

Compare as in level of fun? difficulty? or Performance?

I've done both the nitefinder and the firestrike. So far performance wise, the doubledown wins. Granted I did not re-barrel either the firestrike or nitefinder. I did seal them up well and both are firing in the high 90's fps.

As far as the blaster falling apart. I have a 5KG spring plus the stock, maybe 2KG and the only stress would be the priming bar (need to reinforce that a bit). Unless you figure out a way to put a 10+kg spring then you may have a problem. I do believe the plunger tube is larger on the doubledown plus the addition of the padded plunger head.

#345018 Doubledown...Single Project

Posted by racer188 on 15 February 2015 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Do you have a holster picked out for this beast? It seems stream lined enough that you could quick draw it.

Actually I don't. I'm not sure what I want to do with this one yet. I may just sell it.

#345013 Doubledown...Single Project

Posted by racer188 on 14 February 2015 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Project Nerf Doubledown Mod done...Introducing the new Singledown

-Removed smart AR all together
-opened up plunger tube to match with the 1/2 PVC coupler. Did some sanding to help smooth the air flow.
-coupler bonded to plunger tube with plastic bonder epoxy (this stuff works wonders, just don't expect to reverse it)
-1/2 PVC conduit for the barrel cut for the entire length of dart
-17/32s brass fitted inside the 1/2 conduit with e-tape and e6000 to hold it in place
-moved orignial iron sight from doubledown and fused it onto the pvc conduit
-5KG OMW Retaliator + Original spring. O-ring and plunger padding all stock. (love these new plunger heads with the rubber padding)
-the way the plunger tube is mounted to the handle it needs some spacers to keep it from wobbling

This thing is now a very nice side arm. The PVC color scheme matched nicely. Probably going to leave the color scheme as is and try to remove the printing on the PVC with acetone or something.

Chrony results were eye opening! And yes, it leaves welts! (tested with new elites)

Stock Doubledown = 50ish fps with occasional highs for 60
New Singledown = 95ish fps avg with highs of 109 -112 fps

Testing in the house, koosh darts fly 40+ feet with still plenty of speed left (I will try to test outside) and nice smack on the wall

Here are the completed pics

The barrel
Posted Image

Posted Image

Internals
Posted Image

Final Product
Posted Image

#344978 Nerfing Community Walnut Creek, CA?

Posted by racer188 on 13 February 2015 - 02:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm about 50 minutes from Walnut Creek. Agree with Bro Juice, Norcal needs more wars.

#344916 Doubledown...Single Project

Posted by racer188 on 10 February 2015 - 02:59 AM in Modifications

After being disappointed after boiling open the doubledown, see me other post Here on the General Forum

I decided the smart AR was simply too weak and there is potential for the plunger tube.

Here is my mock up. A singledown

Posted Image

Just need to figure out what I want to do for the breech.

Time to put that hamster back on the wheel to generate ideas

#344910 Nerf Doubledown

Posted by racer188 on 09 February 2015 - 11:09 PM in General Nerf

Has anyone discovered the correct size for a spring addition for this Blaster?

I put a 5KG OMW Retaliator spring into mine. Performance gain was negligible, due to the fact my ARs are leaking right where the plunger tube meets the AR. I feel all the air escape from the side.

Going to have to boil mine apart to see what the issue is and see if I can get a few more fps out of it.

Well I went and boiled it open. Not impressed and disappointed. Cant do much with the AR and I'm pretty sure I messed it up when I cracked it open.

Here's a pic

Posted Image

Hmm, what to do with the thing now? I guess I could try to single it. Guess it's all going into a ziploc back for now.

Update, mod completed, Here

#344771 Holy Stone Blaster ... knock off Stryfe

Posted by racer188 on 03 February 2015 - 05:04 PM in General Nerf

Does it help with noise, reduce vibration, or something else? I've only seen people cover the flywheel compartment with foam.

Yes, it does provide a bit of sound deadening and make the blaster feel a bit more solid.

Is that a weaver rail on top? A strong molded one that's a part of the blaster could be it's selling point. The stock, You can keep adding 3/4ths onto the end, or use on of those custom 3d ones.

I compared this to the picatinny rails I have and this is narrower. If I recall weaver and picatinny were the same size? I didn't try to mount any of my picatinny accessories to it though.

#344733 OMW vs Xplorer Longstrike Kits

Posted by racer188 on 01 February 2015 - 04:35 PM in General Nerf

I know, I was commenting to Racer's suggestion that I get the loser kit instead.

Sorry.. that got autocowrecked ( i type S N I P E R and it turns into loser).. should have been (you know what I mean) KIT!!!

#344732 Holy Stone Blaster ... knock off Stryfe

Posted by racer188 on 01 February 2015 - 04:31 PM in General Nerf

Did you put foam in it, or did it come like that?

I put the foam in it. I comes just like any other Nerf blaster, hollow.

Why pay $24 for a knock off nerf gun when you can get a real Stryfe for $20?

Well, I got this blaster last year and I got it for WAY less then what is advertised and what a Stryfe goes for. I wanted to see this blaster was about and what it could do. My opinion, it works just as well and maybe a heck of a lot cheaper in the Asian market vs. US.

#344722 Cyclone Shock Modded

Posted by racer188 on 01 February 2015 - 03:16 AM in Modifications

Interesting, I just watched Derek's Mod Center on the Youtubes... here and he is posting very minimal performance gains.

This is contrary to what my blaster, now sold, was doing