N49ATV's Content

There have been 2 items by N49ATV (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#343832 Kid safe mods/Darts

Posted by N49ATV on 02 January 2015 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

Yes I don't plan to remove AR, as the kids will dry fire them. Nor do I plan to heavily mod them. I think just get them to shoot homemade darts, or maybe strawed darts. I find when the boys put them in, sometimes they kink them over. That's where I think homemade full length darts which are solid might be good, as if think they would link less. Or maybe insert straws, might work too. Once they are kinked or bent, they curve the second they leave the blasters.

#343815 Kid safe mods/Darts

Posted by N49ATV on 02 January 2015 - 03:54 AM in Modifications

I have looked through the forums during the freeze. And I'm limited in my posts. So I currently have the following blasters
2x - Nite Finder Ex-3
2x - Roughcut 2x4
2x - Firestrike
2x - Retaliator XD
2x - Strongarm
2x - Zombie Crossfire

I'd like to mod these for accuracy, and some reasonable distance, say 40', for indoor use. The Retaliators and strong arms would be fine with Stefans/vans, but others are hard to do with shorter rounds.

How are full length stefans/vans? I'd think they are terrible for accuracy. Just due to the extra length allowing them to bend, and curving during flight. No different than elites curving right out of the barrel.

What is the best indoor, kid friendly dart design? I'm thinking Vans with felt tips. My boys are 3/5, and I don't want them crying when they get shot. But I can see the frustration in my 5 year old, when the elites fly no where near where the gun was pointed.

Also, I haven't found any info on how to make a Roughcut etc take stefans, without a push stick. I'd think it's not possible, without cutting cases.