Yacob's Content

There have been 8 items by Yacob (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#347459 GRZ'S BDAY BEATDOWN

Posted by Yacob on 26 June 2015 - 07:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there! Name a place and time!

#347452 Looking for good Stryfe motors!

Posted by Yacob on 26 June 2015 - 01:38 PM in Modifications

For motors, just a drop in:http://m.ebay.ca/itm/251757448977?_mwBanner=1 they are about 3$ apiece, and can run anything from stock aa's for "stockish" performance, or I've personally run them on 3 trustfires with no issue. I would however upgrade the rev switch to this puppy:http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/sms-310/15a-spdt-snap-action-switch-w/lever/1.html, simply shave down where the stock switch sat and screw this into the post where the cover screwed into with a slightly longer screw.

#345398 [IL] Nerf War at Pilcher Park of Joliet (southwest Chicago suburbs)

Posted by Yacob on 08 March 2015 - 06:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I had mentioned it above, but not on Facebook, but I will be there, and very exited to boot.

#345169 [IL] Nerf War at Pilcher Park of Joliet (southwest Chicago suburbs)

Posted by Yacob on 22 February 2015 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in! I'll have my modded Rayven and stryfe backup for sure.

#345030 [IL] Nerf War at Pilcher Park of Joliet (southwest Chicago suburbs)

Posted by Yacob on 16 February 2015 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to be clear, do you consider "koosh" darts as elite style darts? I simply would rather not drive two and a half hours to get there, and then find out I have the incorrect ammo.

#343178 Battery and motor help

Posted by Yacob on 28 November 2014 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

To clear up confusion, Yes I am intending to brass the Rayven, and I probably will not brass the interior of the barrel extension, as it will just be there to under-mount my other project, an inline shotgunned triad with a larger piston for more range. My question was actually whether there was a grease or lubricant I can use to reduce friction in the barrel, so as to not slow down the dart as much? I'm not going for something that can be used to eat shit from 1000 feet away, but I like to hedge my bets on the powerful side so I can have to tune it down, instead of put more money into it to up tune it a second time. For the batteries, does 2s versus 3s make a difference? I know(I think) that the more mAH a batter has, the longer it will last, but what difference do the amount of cells make, if any? we are ordering motors and batteries in a couple of days, so I am trying to get all of my stuff ironed out so that my dad and I can bundle it all in one order. Also, thank you for being so amazingly prompt to answer my questions, though I haven't been as prompt as I wish I could be in answering yours. Thank you again!

#343105 Battery and motor help

Posted by Yacob on 25 November 2014 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

I am definitely leaning towards using the 180's, the only thing that worries me is that my local HvZ group might not let me use it, which is why I have a Stryfe with the locks removed, but the other question I have is that I want to put a barrel on it, for the sole purpose of giving me a mounting point for a second faux barrel that want to put another project in, is there a compound that I can use to line a slightly tighter actual barrel, kind of like a brass barrel like this (I take no credit for the video, this is entirely Containment Crew's mod) and not running it the entire way through the gun, so i could take the barrel off without the brass sticking out, and just having a 3/4 tube to prevent the dart from staying in the shell. Also, I am going to go through a wiring chart for wire gauge, but what do you suggest for new switches, a potentiometer, and a voltage meter? all of the switches I have seen are just people's leftovers, and I don't have a stock of parts. Thank you for the help!

#343034 Battery and motor help

Posted by Yacob on 23 November 2014 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

I am in need of some help. I am currently modifying my first flywheel blaster, my Rayven, and I am confused still confused on batteries and motors.
My current Plan is to buy a set of Pololu 611's for the front motors of an afterburner mod, and power the entire thing with a set of LiPo batteries, as my dad and I are getting into electric model airplanes, and will have several batteries on hand. Ideally what i would like to do is be able to wire in a set of Aircraft quick disconnect plugs, so I can also easily switch out the LiPos for 9 volt Batteries, as I would like to be able to use it for my local HvZ group. My question is, will these motors work on 9v, or are there better ones that just drop in without too much modification out there for what I am doing? Also, would i be better off using a different set of rear motors with more torque, like a set of set of Power Dashes? I have read so many different opinions that I have confused myself. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.