Viper Bravo's Content

There have been 3 items by Viper Bravo (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#153978 Longshot Co2 Mod Concept

Posted by Viper Bravo on 30 April 2008 - 08:19 AM in Modifications

Well, seeing as no one listens to me about the fact that there will be no direct Co2 to plastic there is little issue to deal with about that. Also there will be no semi-auto, as stated before, it’ll be single shot bolt action like it’s normally is.

Now I have been thinking about using a compressed air tank that’s used in PBing, I personally just don’t know if they can be used with a standard Co2 PB gun. I am sure it can, it’s on one of the things I wanted to ask the people with PB gun knowledge.

On the spring/breach operation, the sled is controlled manually, this would remain the same. My design layout would show it best. When a stock LS is fired the spring releases allowing the plunger to move forward, also unlocking the breach to so it can be moved forward and back to re-chamber the next round. In the new setup the breach will still slide to re-chamber round and lock to hold them in place, I will have to have I custom lock clip, but its no issue. There will be no bolt in the new design. The round will be chambered and rest against a guide similar to were is rests currently, so it doesn’t slide back in to far.

The reason I proposed this mod was for a true"LONG"shot of a weapon. I love nerf, and always will, I just love the idea of a true long-range nerf weapon. And tell me, there is no gun that doesn’t make a sound, but there are ways of reducing that sound so all you need is one shot to take them out.

#153634 Longshot Co2 Mod Concept

Posted by Viper Bravo on 28 April 2008 - 10:48 AM in Modifications

"First off, the Longshot comes with streamline darts.

Second, CO2 is not exactly good for the plastics in the LS, or the darts."

the idea you have to a LS is one I had about 4 months ago. I called it a Powerstroke. When you think about how a paintball gun is made and its internals, there is nothing a LS can provide it other than to be a shell. So why would I cover up a gun that does everything I want? It would just make it more tedious to maintain.

While the semi-auto ease of them is alluring, there is a reason why the two sports don't cross-over too often.

But if you really want to try, take these:

1.) Do not use CPVC. It is far too tight for darts and will blow away all your darts unless you craft my Solid-Core Inserts.

2.) It's best to use a Nerf gun's piston or air chamber to fire darts (ie. any air gun). Then, wire a tank to it like this.

Ompa, Good point of the Streamlines, I was thinking of a different gun i use them in. Actually I use them in the magnum. and on the plastics in the LS, With the design I have anything that will be exposed to the Co2 will be brass, so im not worried about that.

On wasting a paintball gun, I am buying it used one for like $30 at my local PB shop. So it’s not a waist, and I am not planning on using for semi-auto, I want the valuing and the electronics for the controlled release of the co2. Single shot is all it’ll be, and the PB gun I have has a jumper on it to lock it in to single. Also, I do not want to deal with having multiple takes that will have to be refilled, so the idea of a pvc and a HPA take wont work for me.

TAiLsChaser, It is Original for me, as it was for you. Duel originality I suppose. Intrusting ideal for direct wiring of a tank in to the piston. But there will be no piston in the new setup to port in to. PCV is out of the question, so good point; the Brass breach mod will itself be modded to fit the new Co2 connation.

The design is cleaner that it sounds, i have get my Design rendering finisher before it come clearer.

Also, TAiLsChaser, were you ever about to get to a point to fire a dart directly with Co2. I mean for like velocity testing.

#153622 Longshot Co2 Mod Concept

Posted by Viper Bravo on 28 April 2008 - 07:34 AM in Modifications

Hey All, I have a original concept for a custom longshot mod of my own, but I nee to bounce the idea around and WILL need help from the forum to do this. My idea is simple in concept, Gut the innards of a decent paintball gun and mod them into a longshot with the brass breach and barrel mods. So... How dose it sound, the concept i mean? The reason I am thinking of a CO2 mod is for the ease of refilling a standard paintball CO2 canisters. I am going to use a paintball gun with a electric firing Etrigger for controlled use of the Co2. I know in a normal PB gun the co2 also moves a bolt forward that kicks the ball down the barrel, then the Co2 propels it, so this will obviously not be in the design. Ill have a mockup design up soon.

If anyone has experienced with Paintball guns ill need a sounding board to talk to.

What do you all think? Also i use stock streamlined darts in the longshot now, they fly a lot better than the ammo it comes with.