NerfLad78's Content

There have been 255 items by NerfLad78 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#146029 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 20 March 2008 - 08:17 PM in Off Topic

::insert 1337 pc here::

Wow, thanks. More than likely getting this.

#146026 Music

Posted by NerfLad78 on 20 March 2008 - 08:10 PM in Off Topic

Drums.

Check out my joke trance music at

http://myspace.com/oxideeric

also my band

http://myspace.com/thosetwoidiots

hope It's ok that I'm linking there?

#145443 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 16 March 2008 - 05:41 PM in Off Topic

Hah... this sounds a lot like the current setup I have Crysis installed on. Mine is a Dell XPS600 with dual Nvidia GeForce 8800s, 500 GB SATA, an Ageia PhysX processor, DVD/CD RW, 2GB RAM, Intel Centrino Dual Core Processor, 7.1 speaker system, 24" LCD monitor, wireless Microsoft Entertainment Keyboard 7000, and a wireless mouse.Once I get a decent flight simulator installed on there I'm definitely hooking up my Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle, along with my Saitek footpads.

Crysis is a pretty awesome game too, despite the fact it was a little too obvious they set it up for a sequel, hope I'll see you in multiplayer sometime.

How do you keep it from overheating? ive heard there's issues with this

#145414 Longshot Modification.

Posted by NerfLad78 on 16 March 2008 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

Very nice sir. While, on any normal day I would know, I cannot think for the life of me what that song is...

Black Hearts now Reign by UnEarth

#145408 Poll: The Maverick

Posted by NerfLad78 on 16 March 2008 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

I've been seeing mixed reviews about mavericks, so know i wonder " Is it worth it?"

I'm afraid all you're going to get here are mixed reviews as well, considering how it seems everyone has a different opinion on the gun.

I personally voted "bad" due to the fact that I'm not a good modder (which you should be if you're going to even bother with the gun), and with the knowledge that there are better sidearms available for purchase easily.

#145404 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 16 March 2008 - 02:21 PM in Off Topic

I built a mid- system at the time for around 600$. Of course I reuse:
Monitor
Drives
Soundcard
The things I replace are mobo, videocard, memory, and case (occasionally). My computer is going on 2 years. If you are paying 1000+ dollars for a computer, you are really losing. Of course, it's understandable if one can't build their own computer, but once you figure out how to it's one of the easiest tasks in the world. But my advice: go for mid range parts, don't buy the latest and greatest. It will only mean you spending more money than necessary to play games.

I see what you mean but I'm somewhat of a poweruser.
That is,

-audio editing/recording/sampling

-web content creation

-mapping for doom and counter strike (one monitor for editor, one for game both running on the same pc)

-next-gen gaming (the inevitable half life 3 will probably only run at medium settings on 2 8800's)

-running servers for said games

You may consider it a Splurge, but you're probably more of a casual user.

My life consists of Computers and Drums

#145403 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by NerfLad78 on 16 March 2008 - 02:12 PM in Off Topic

NerfHQ was the first forum I ever registered on, and the name stuck. Simple as that

#145400 Counter-strike 1.6

Posted by NerfLad78 on 16 March 2008 - 01:46 PM in Off Topic

Anybody that plays add me

I'm not that good at 1.6 but I am at Source
I just recently got 1.6 (CS 1 Anthology Pack)

I need some more friends on Steam so everyone's welcome to.

All who dont see my sig: My steam id is NerfLad

#145398 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 16 March 2008 - 01:33 PM in Off Topic

Thanks for the advice, I'm glad I checked here instead of deciding to spend more than I have to.

I'm cool with your new computer as long as it's not alienware. Other than that, nice PC.

AlienWare FTL

#145363 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 16 March 2008 - 07:23 AM in Off Topic

Well, for a processor I'm either looking for something extremely good right out of the box or something relatively easy to overclock (considering how I've never done it).

I'll stay away from the Blu Ray Drive I guess, I wanted to get it in advance, for the looming defeat of DVD's as general data storage discs, but I can wait (I have a ps3).

Also, I heard the GeForce 9 Series does physics calculations now as well? Also that they're patching the 8's to do it, though I'm not sure when.

I'm considering FreeBSD or Ubuntu.

Thanks for your help guys, I forgot how cool the NIC was is

#145317 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 15 March 2008 - 10:47 PM in Off Topic

So self-build it is I presume.

I'm terrified though, I've always gotten pre built computers and don't want to fuck anything up trying to put it together

#145312 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 15 March 2008 - 10:30 PM in Off Topic

lol I knew about NewEgg but thanks.

Building it myself is starting is starting to look friendlier.

#145310 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 15 March 2008 - 10:16 PM in Off Topic

I can build you one like that for half that.

BUILD YOUR PC's.

It's not all that hard and if you have a geek that you can talk into building a computer do it for like $100 you still save about 40%.

Get a geek and say what you need. Go to circuit city, buy the stuff, have him or her (yes there ARE girl geeks) build it in 1 day for $100 and then you have a bitching computer for at least half of the retail cost.

Considered. I've never put together a computer by myself, and I don't really know anyone in my area :D

That PC sounds uber 1337 indeed. But I'm interested in why you went with 500 GB when you could have just gone with a 1 TB HD.

they had a 2tb one also, but the fact that it was 900 dollars turned me away with my tail between my legs

#145300 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 15 March 2008 - 09:55 PM in Off Topic

...I thought it was going to be about a Powerclip.

No, offense, though...it does sound awesome and I wish my PC had at least a half decent memory card. I have to turn the settings way down even for older games like Halo and Star Wars Battlefront (the original).

My current laptop is like that, somewhere around 1.4 ghz with a graphics card made for windows 98. it blue screens about every 2 hours, and my other computer is shared with my mom, but it's a little better.

This is gonna be my work horse though,
I'm hoping to begin recording seriously with my band on it

#145296 My New Pc

Posted by NerfLad78 on 15 March 2008 - 09:40 PM in Off Topic

It will set me back my life savings (literally) at $3,028
I'm So stoked to play Crysis though

But it is gonna be sooo Über 1337 [/noobspeak]. lemme give you some specs:

Customized Dell XPS 720 (!)

Windows XP Media Center 32 Bit

Hardware

7 Slot Dell Motherboard

3.7 Gigahertz (yes, you read that correctly) Intel Core 2 Extreme CPU at 45nm!

2 GeForce 8800 GT's (at 512 MB)

Media Drives

2 CD/DVD Burners/Drives (dual layer burning compatible)

Blu-Ray Drive (!)

6 USB 2.0 Ports

2 ps/2 Ports

Dell 13-in-1 reader

Memory

500 Gig SATA hdd at 3 GB/second

4 gb of DDR2 RAM at 800 Mhz

Audio
SoundBlaster HD Audio Card (X-Fi)
7.1 support >_>

Peripherals
Logitech G11 keyboard and Razor Copperhead Gaming Mouse (both Neon lit)

Maybe a pre packaged monitor (still deciding because they cost alot)

BlueTooth Support

Cooling

2 Front Mounted 120 x 38 Rotary Fans

Two Step Liquid Cooling (internal)

Apart from costing me an arm, a leg, and my firstborn:

It will unfortunately, get really hot and weigh about 60 pounds, but I'm still excited to be getting it, despite having to custom mount and cool it (for some reason the stock fans never work).

Anyone think I should include the PhysX Accelerator?

EDIT: Realized How boring the post looked, added a few tags

#82404 Nintendo's Lastest System

Posted by NerfLad78 on 27 May 2006 - 07:47 PM in Off Topic

On G4 the other day I saw a press release featuring some very nice photos of the new Wii. Honestly, it looks more like an XBox 360 clone than anything Nintendo's ever put out.

#82227 Nerf Haven Sent Me An Email?

Posted by NerfLad78 on 22 May 2006 - 07:09 PM in Site Feedback

It gave the site a sort of 'homy' feeling.

Did you know that "m" can sometimes look like "rn" when read quickly?

www.NerfHaven.orgy

#79950 Nerf Contest!

Posted by NerfLad78 on 14 April 2006 - 02:56 PM in General Nerf

::Fantasizes about newly newly learned information::

::continues to fantasize::

::considers Grand Theft Crossbow::

#79946 Nerf Contest!

Posted by NerfLad78 on 14 April 2006 - 02:43 PM in General Nerf

Ahhhh loopholes... excellent work minions... But where would it be held? Indoors? A school? A place Toonami specifies?

#79931 Nerf Contest!

Posted by NerfLad78 on 14 April 2006 - 11:22 AM in General Nerf

What do they mean by personalized battlefield? Do you get to design it? Lay out the bunkers/forts?

#79925 Nerf Contest!

Posted by NerfLad78 on 14 April 2006 - 10:07 AM in General Nerf

What the hell? Nerf in the mainstream? AWESOME!! I'm 14 so maybe I'll enter.

#79881 Unlimited Ammo (fishing Effect)

Posted by NerfLad78 on 13 April 2006 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

Hey you look nothing like I imagined you! Oh well, you're still cool, and awesome fish for 300 feet of line. I'm not sure this whole idea of realing in your darts is practical. I just carry about 20 or so, and then pick up the ones that my friends shoot back. I guess if you're a 5niper, or a sharpshooter, this would work, unless of course someone saw you and rushed. Über fast firing guns definately beat long range ones which carry one dart that takes a while to reload. Do it if you please, but it's just not my style.
Please don't let this become a fishing thread (No offense to anyone here).

EDIT: Didn't really read all of Piney's post, but after review, he's right.

#75511 Sledgehammer

Posted by NerfLad78 on 07 March 2006 - 08:29 PM in Homemades

Um, these are Nerf Guns, right?

Now that that's clarified, I think that these guns look excellent, though they look like you would need a plastic mold to make them. How do the actions work on the other two? I would love to see these at a Nerf war, blowing the shit out of people.

#74273 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by NerfLad78 on 25 February 2006 - 01:49 PM in General Nerf

Well, after that extremely long session of pissing myself, I have to say, there is nothing more I can think of to want. I wanted a clip-loaded, bolt action rifle that I didn't have to build and incorperated somehow into the N-STRIKE line, for pimpage factor. I wanted a PC.
I have the former, and an even better version of the latter. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to stop controling myself for a moment...

oMfG!!!!11!! 5up3r 1337 h4s8r0 N3rf 9un5!! 3verything i w4nted!! y3s!!!!
p|-|34r it!!!

[/n0ob]

Now, where was I?
Oh yes, of course. Excellent job to the engineering department of Hasbro, to all of you, I tip my hat. Thank you for listening to our prayers.
September, huh? I can't wait.
This makes you wonder... what ELSE is on the drawing over at Hasbro HQ?
::dun dun duuuuuuunnnnnnnnn::

Back to iTunes.

#72836 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by NerfLad78 on 11 February 2006 - 12:50 PM in General Nerf

Wow. I leave for a couple weeks, and suddenly Hasbro gets pimp. It does sound alot like a rerelease of the PC to me. That's pretty sweet in my opinion. I'm excited about how Nerf is finally migrating from making a bazillion of pistols.

#70165 Free Credit Card Payments For 1 Year* Upto $1200!

Posted by NerfLad78 on 30 December 2005 - 06:16 PM in Off Topic

I know this has been said before, but: Come around 2032, this forum is going to hell faster than greased lightning.

#70163 Better Game

Posted by NerfLad78 on 30 December 2005 - 06:13 PM in Off Topic

Probably? (NOT flame)

#70162 Archery

Posted by NerfLad78 on 30 December 2005 - 06:10 PM in Off Topic

My friend has a composite bow and a 60. The latter is actually pretty easy to use, but he needs more arrows, and a new target. That squirrel didn't last long... Which is another reason why he needs more arrows.
[/SADISTIC JOKE]

#70157 New To Forum & Firefly Questions

Posted by NerfLad78 on 30 December 2005 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

nueb

That's a new way to spell it!

BARF (funny initials), having seen the internals firsthand, I know that the Firefly is a pretty hard to mod gun for someone new. The first gun I modded was a Nite Finder (often called the NF on forums). This pistol has simple internals (besides the light) and I pretty much modded it myself without a walkthrough. I also suggest getting an Air Tech 2000 twin pack ($10 USD, found in Target, Walmart, KMart). Out of the box the AT2K is the suck. but with even the slightest of work, it becomes an Über Elite long-range primary. If you plan to play Nerf, and do so outdoors, these are some of the best for it. For office Nerfing (Terrorizing co-workers brings hours of entertainment), modded guns aren't necessary. If you want to mod for the sake of modding, any gun will do. Look around on the internet and this site for mods and maybe some guns you would be interested in.

I hope this helps,

NerfLad.

EDIT: Crap, man_with_many_guns beat me to it. I forgot to search for mods though.

#69890 Sloganizer

Posted by NerfLad78 on 26 December 2005 - 05:18 PM in Off Topic

I typed in "weaponry" and got "Who wouldn't fight for weaponry?"

#69671 Silencer Report

Posted by NerfLad78 on 21 December 2005 - 04:05 PM in Darts and Barrels

hoshiadam, I read on Spec Ops Paintball that silencers for paintball guns were deemed illegal in the mid 90's. They described a silencer as any removable part used to silence the report of a projectile weapon. They were not clear as to define projectile weapon, although I believe that the implied definition is obvious. Granted, a Nerf Gun may be stretching "projectile weapon", but I still wouldn't take my chances with a silencer. They aren't practical in Nerf anyway.

Cx, can we get some clarification on the legality of the situation?

#69662 New Dart Design!

Posted by NerfLad78 on 21 December 2005 - 01:14 PM in Homemades

That my friend will be a sad day in berfing history.

Too bad nobody knows what the hell BERFING is.

#69661 Silencer Report

Posted by NerfLad78 on 21 December 2005 - 01:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

Can you say illegal?
How 'bout Federal Offense?
Maybe 10 to 20 years?
Owning a silencer of any kind is illegal, as is making one.

#69397 Better Game

Posted by NerfLad78 on 17 December 2005 - 05:49 PM in Off Topic

I only play BattleField 2: Modern Combat on XBox Live.

#66951 Of Recalls And Rednecks

Posted by NerfLad78 on 01 November 2005 - 09:09 PM in General Nerf

Yay! Not only did you get yourself back into Nerf, but reading just got me back into Nerf. Don't ask how.
Now that I think about it, it was the 'tis the season part. Inspiriring.

#66692 Soldat!

Posted by NerfLad78 on 28 October 2005 - 09:57 AM in Off Topic

I have Soldat. None of my mods have worked, but I still think the normal version is fun. It IS a little easy, but to run around with automatics and chainsaws just never gets old.

#66259 The Dart Tag Crossfire?

Posted by NerfLad78 on 21 October 2005 - 04:44 PM in General Nerf

I don't like the "Turbine" on the side of the Smart Target.

#65708 4b - The Bacon Bow (semi-automatic Bbb)

Posted by NerfLad78 on 13 October 2005 - 04:16 PM in Modifications

Dude... Potatoes....

That gun's like, unholy...

Must... Go.. To... TRU...

::Twitches::

#65653 Smg Concept

Posted by NerfLad78 on 12 October 2005 - 08:19 PM in Homemades

Or you could have a massive airtank expansion/replacement, and just use continuous airflow. The clip may double load, but that's the idea right?

#65256 A Nerf Gun Commercial!

Posted by NerfLad78 on 07 October 2005 - 04:39 PM in General Nerf

They any good?

Yes. Buy one if you can afford it.
And PLEASE Search if you need some more information. There are several topics from when the gun came out that you will find helpful.