Oni Kadaki's Content

There have been 174 items by Oni Kadaki (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#288889 Nerf In The News

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 25 November 2010 - 12:01 PM in General Nerf

The "blinded in the eye" thing is garbage. You could get hurt in the same way with a non-modded gun.

Bullshit, getting hit in the eye with a plastic suction cup is one thing. Getting hit in the eye with a BB-tipped dart going much faster than the other is quite another.

It would still hurt bad right in the eye. I know it doesn't seem that big of a deal, but getting shot in the eye by a suction cup at close range CAN hurt. Although it wouldn't hurt most people, it would to 6, 7, and 8 year-olds, who are the main buyers.

It hurts, yes. I was shot point-blank in the eye a couple of years back with a stock gun, probably a maverick. I sat out for 5 minutes, then got back in the game. That is not how it would go if you swapped in a nitemav loaded with stefans.

#288887 Nerf In The News

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 25 November 2010 - 11:55 AM in General Nerf

The "blinded in the eye" thing is garbage. You could get hurt in the same way with a non-modded gun.

Bullshit, getting hit in the eye with a plastic suction cup is one thing. Getting hit in the eye with a BB-tipped dart going much faster than the other is quite another.

#261455 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 11 January 2010 - 12:07 AM in General Nerf

Im looking forward to getting a Longstrike (after te Raider of course)...I dont see why you guys have to be so down about it. Some people just are never happy...I mean you get to a point where you can only do so much in the way of innovation before it become cost prohibitive.

The problem is that the vast majority of the members here play with heavily modded blasters. For those of us who play stock, it doesn't matter what the internals are like so long as it reaches the advertised 35 feet. However, as I understand it the longshot internals make for better/easier modifications than the recon internals do, and that is the problem here: the longstrike is basically a very big, pretty recon. They don't necessarily want innovation, the proven longshot internals in this sweet new shell would be just fine.

#259868 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 26 December 2009 - 11:33 PM in General Nerf

Stock nerfers love the maverick, especially for indoors. It's cheap, it's very portable, it can shoot up to six shots in rapid succession... there is very little to not like about the maverick for stock wars. Lately, my group at Stony Brook University has been favoring the furyfire, but guess what... that's just a bigger, more powerful maverick with a more comfortable cocking mechanism. However, I suspect the maverick will reign supreme as the choice of nerfers on a budget for a long, long time.

#245267 Look What I Found.

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 03 August 2009 - 07:46 AM in General Nerf

Which is another reason why I love buzzbee. It has some flaws but in the end the stock blasters are usually better than other companies. (In my experience).

I find that nerf makes by far the most durable stock guns though. I have seen way too many buzz bee blasters break.

#242539 Dt Furyfire: A Peak Inside

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 18 July 2009 - 09:52 AM in General Nerf

I gotta disagree with you, bustaninja. My splitfire got excellent range stock, (nerfcenter has excellent reviews of old guns, for those who didn't have the pleasure of playing with them). The air powered guns currently on the market have no advantage stock over springers, but in the days of larami, air guns got better range and accuracy than anything else. Unfortunately, those days are long gone.

I do agree with you, however, that these should be excellent for indoors. I really wish I was still an undergraduate now, these would be a ton of fun in Stony Brook's dorms.

#242398 Blaster Trigger Action Dictionary

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 17 July 2009 - 01:18 PM in General Nerf

Okay, so then Recons and LSs are bolt action? That would be the definition of bolt action. Add that one to the list! XD

By his definition, they would be double action, as the act of priming the blaster also loads the next shot without any additional effort.

Zack, I like your system overall. Though the other posters are right in your usage of these terms doesn't exactly match their usage regarding firearms, I really don't think that's a problem. Good work.

#242341 Dt Furyfire: A Peak Inside

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 July 2009 - 11:19 PM in General Nerf

Mine gets about 20' unmodified using decent or better darts (meaning undamaged, unbent).

#242333 Dart Tag Ctf Stormfire Blaster

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 July 2009 - 10:00 PM in General Nerf

Correction - a 10-shot Maverick with the front half of a Vulcan on it. :D

Double correction - a Pump Action 10-shot Maverick with the front half of a Vulcan on it. :P
Seriously, with some plunger tube mods and barrel extensions, this thing would replace the doomsayer. There, I said it.

In tight quarters I imagine it's already pretty amazing. I look forward to playing indoors with this as a primary and my recon as my sidearm.

#237841 Nerfing Colleges

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 21 June 2009 - 06:23 PM in General Nerf

Stony Brook University's animated perspectives club used to have nerf fights, but seeing as I organized them and I recently graduated, not sure if that's such a good bet.

#233902 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 02 June 2009 - 08:50 AM in General Nerf

I don't think the recon is that bad. Hopefully the preformance of the raider will match the longshot

Let me say it this way:

The Recon barely reaches the end of my lawn.

My Pistol shoots across the street.

Now that I said it that way, doesn't it just make the recon seem bad?

As neither of us has ever seen your lawn nor your street, your point is lost on the audience completely. In my opinion, the recon serves its purpose well in close quarters. At medium to long range, give me a longshot, or just about anything else, any day.

#229974 Nerf Office Antics

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 13 May 2009 - 09:57 AM in General Nerf

Wow, sounds like you need to work on your aim.

Anyway, used to have fights with my coworkers when I worked at TJ Maxx. One time my opponent was on the other side of the shoe display, crouched down. We both popped up at the same time, and I got him between the eyes with my crossfire on a reflex. It was great.

#224649 Nerf At Stony Brook University

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 20 April 2009 - 09:35 PM in Nerf Wars

While I appreciate the sentiment, I wouldn't want anyone younger than, say, 16 at one of these because, frankly, I will not be held responsible for a young kid. My friends at this school are nice, but sometimes dumb, especially when it comes to nerf, and we've had minor injuries.

#221158 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 01 April 2009 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

Generally, stock Longshot, stock maverick.

If I feel like firepower is more important than mobility, stock vulcan, stock recon.

#216438 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 March 2009 - 10:19 AM in General Nerf

You guys can argue over tactics and which clips to carry when you have the gun. Right now, you're just making fools out of yourselves.

I disagree captain. Even though we don't have the gun, we can make several reasonable assumptions about the drum mags vs. regular clips, and disucss their use based on those assumptions.

#216075 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 03 March 2009 - 10:06 AM in General Nerf

I personally intend to begin a round with the drum in the gun, and then switch to the normal clips once it's spent. As you said, lugging a bunch of 35 shot clips around kinda sucks.

#214374 The Future Of Nerf

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 23 February 2009 - 12:13 AM in General Nerf

Were hasbro to start selling parts, they would have to be covered by warranty, and since the chances of everyone who didn't get the awesome ranges they wanted saying the parts are defective and then returning them would be so high, they would lose money. The whole reason modding voids the warranty is because otherwise people would complain to the company when they messed up their guns. Its that simple.

Nerf? It's gonna be around for a while. It may change, going from awesome outdoor wars to more indoor venues, focusing more on ROF then range, but hey, its still Nerf, and honestly, I could stand to see some more awesome rushes and less pussy foot pot shots.

I'm not sure I see the majority of wars going that way, but I certainly do like indoor wars. I challenge every member of this forum who hasn't had one in awhile to do so, bonus points if you use a stock gun.

#213111 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 17 February 2009 - 08:05 PM in General Nerf

Some of the speculation on how things might work, when they turned out not to be the case, inspired modders to try those things for themselves anyway.

Not "examples" I know.

Still, New ideas --> good.

This thread does not contain any new ideas.
You are arguing that speculation, conjecture, and theory threads have somehow added to this hobby in a tangible way. I cannot disagree more.

If such threads are left to grow, in my experience the opposite is true. People end up spending time arguing/posturing in threads about what will or will not work instead of running practical experiments. Ideas/theories are WORTHLESS if they're not tested. This is why design threads are discouraged.

This kind of thread however is even more pointless, because you're arguing about how something that already exists functions. What is the point in doing so? Bragging rights that your theory was correct?
You will only be able to find out for sure when the product hits the shelves. And then you may discover that you may have wasted a load of time since the images you spent so much time over-interpreting were in fact those of a demonstrational prototype that didn't reach mass-production in exactly the same form.

The "point" that you ask for is that some of us, namely, those of us who continue to post in this thread, enjoy speculating on the blaster's function, utility and modability based on the few bits of actual info that we have. I understand that such a discussion has no value in your eyes, slug, as well as, in all probability, those of the moderators/administrators. That said, I think that until the thread becomes harmful in some way it should remain open, simply to help stop new threads from popping up, if for no other reason. That way, we who actually enjoy such threads get our SINGLE cesspool of baseless speculation, as opposed to multiple such threads popping up (hopefully). As for the people who don't like such threads, aside from the administrators and moderators, who have to monitor the thread for violations, there is no reason you have to read the thread.

#212965 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 17 February 2009 - 12:39 AM in General Nerf

Both the gun and the drum are great for assassin games, and anything else indoor for that matter. The drum, as said above, goes very well with the recon, especially if one is trying to be discreet, as in assassin. Both the drum and the recon can fit into my backpack, along with my books and such. As for the gun itself, it offers, in all probability, at least the range of the recon, with a more ergonomic cocking mechanism that doesn't force you to move your hands.

#212663 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 February 2009 - 12:11 AM in General Nerf

I'm looking forward to the pump action alot. The one complaint I have about the longshot is the bolt action: it's certainly faster than manually loading the dart or an air gun, but it's still awkward to fire quickly. A true pump action gun, especially with a high capacity magazine, will be simply incredible in close quarters, even better with the removable stock. I definitely intend to use this gun, even if it gets the same range as the recon.

#212639 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 15 February 2009 - 11:17 PM in General Nerf

Spore, this is a public press release, this is not in violation of any NDA.

#212635 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 15 February 2009 - 11:09 PM in General Nerf

Scroll own a bit on this page.

sputnik had it at the bottom of the first post, if you actually looked for it.

glamdringguy15: I think you're hating on the drum a bit too much. We now has a 35'shot compatibility with 3 different guns, and probably more guns to come.
Also, there should never, EVER be a period in a war where you fire of 35 shots without a time to reload. Find a time to reload.
ANd have you ever thought that maybe, [/b]just maybe[b], that people might have more than 1 drum, so if they run out of shots (which they shouldn't) then they can just slap another one on?

On top of all this, we have to remember that we can also use the normal 6-shot clips with this gun too, so fi somehow you manage to run out of 35 shots then you can just slap in a 6-shot clip for time's sake.

You are quite right sir. I routinely carry 4 clips with me in my indoor stock wars, and if I survive long enough to fire off all those shots I consider myself either 1) very lucky or 2) the winner. Now add a high-capacity magazine at the start and you suddenly have 59 shots at your disposal. I consider that pretty formidable.

#211060 Homemade Nerf Sword!

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 10 February 2009 - 01:32 AM in Homemades

I'm with rork. Don't swing that at anyone. Ever.

#209207 First Shots Of The N.b.w.s Snake Eyes

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 03 February 2009 - 12:17 PM in General Nerf

The only thing cooler than a ninja is a ninja with a sn1per rifle.

Seriously, when are people going to realize that if ninjas rock with swords and the like, how much more deadly could they be with more powerful weapons? Have you not seen the one? Jet Li with a gun rocks!

The ninja had no personal attachment to their weapons as the samurai did, so if one of us went back and gave them an M9 with some ammo, they'd surely use it.

Also, Snake eyes used guns often in the comics, if I recall he used an uzi.

#209127 Nerf At Stony Brook University

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 02 February 2009 - 10:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys.

Every Monday and Friday this semester my nerf group will be having stock wars at Stony Brook University. The times will vary depending on my my schedule, but they will never be before 4 PM and usually not before 6 PM, we usually go for at least two hours, probably more depending on how many people there are. If anyone is fairly local and wants to come on any given day, PM me in advance: Stony Brook is huge and if you don't know where to meet up with us you will get lost and, in all probability, die.

#207804 K9's Review Of The Buzzbee Belt Blaster

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 30 January 2009 - 12:48 AM in General Nerf

Yet another gun vying to take my longshot's title as my stock primary...

Great review K9, very helpful.

#207474 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 January 2009 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

Imaseoulman, though we've never met, i've repsected your ability to mod since I first saw arachnophobia, and if your posts on the forum are any indication, you're a pretty cool guy. Best of luck in the Navy.

#207229 Indoor Vs. Outdoor

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 January 2009 - 02:20 PM in General Nerf

Indoor is winning?

Seriously?

WOW.

I'm curious. Does anyone take photos of indoor wars? How many major wars are indoor? I can think of one, and it's in a gym in Canada.

Indoor wars are fun, to be sure, but the possibilities are ENDLESS outdoors. You say there's too much opportunity for long-range standoffs? That's not hard to fix. Find a schoolyard with cover, and make the boundaries smaller. Long hallways REEK of standoffs. At least you can flank outdoors...indoor wars are just ASKING for several hour-long engagements because everyone's camping in dark rooms, etc.

I know there are plenty of people who make indoor wars work...but in a community like this that THRIVES on outdoor play...how did this poll wind up like this? The only indoor war I'm planning in the near future involves some finagling with the local Lazer Tag arena...

You obviously have never had a truly good arena. The basement of my university's student union is amazing for small wars of 6-10 people. These wars also tend to be very quick. Like, 20 rounds in a matter of a few hours quick.

#207156 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 January 2009 - 09:58 AM in Modifications

My favorite mod. Period. Great job man.

#206444 Schoolwide Nerf Tournament

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 25 January 2009 - 09:14 PM in General Nerf

even though getting suspended for asking is a possibility.

That sounds like a great idea.

I for one would love to see how much he'd get in the ensuing lawsuit.

#201997 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 08 January 2009 - 10:57 PM in General Nerf

I got one of these for my girlfriend's brother, and one for myself so he could have someone to fight. They're a load of fun, but they do scuff fairly quickly. Still, I recommend them, they're a blast and seem pretty well made.

#201048 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 04 January 2009 - 02:02 PM in Off Topic

Are any of you old enough to remember the original Oregon Trail? Or (not quite as old) Return to Zork? I feel like an old codger when you kids talk about N64 and PSX like they're ancient.

I did see the first a few times, but I owned the second oregon trail, that was a good game.

#200150 Happy New Year

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 01 January 2009 - 12:34 AM in Off Topic

Happy new year, here's to some great war stories for 2009.

#199885 Best Stock Nerf Darts

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 30 December 2008 - 11:19 PM in General Nerf

http://nerfhaven.com...9&hl=stock dart

This thread has a poll on this subject. As I said there, laramis will always be my favorite.

#199709 Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 30 December 2008 - 12:38 AM in General Nerf

Look, unlike JSB's vulcan range tests, which were conducted very well, this test was for my own personal reference, I was not going for exceptional validity. I had a tape measurer from me to the closet, and it read 35 feet. I fired the longshot while shouldered, and, as said, I can't say it's impossible there was a slight angle as I didn't use a level. But, all that aside,I have no stake in this: i'm simply trying to advise a fellow indoor, stock nerfer based on my own personal experience.

#199517 Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 29 December 2008 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

My mav gets about 20 ft routinely, whereas my longshot usually gets close to twice that.

No stock longshot gets near 40 feet flat. End of story.

You can call bullshit, but I have no reason to lie about this, it's not like I modded it and am claiming 200 ft or something. When I tested it, back when we first had vulcan ranges and I wanted some ranges to compare it to, I had it shouldered and aimed at my closet, which I shot at from across the hall. It hit the center of the door, which implies it had a few more feet to go, and the door 35 feet from me. It is possible that it was not exactly level, but because my ceilings aren't very high, it couldn't have been angled much, if it all.

#199181 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 27 December 2008 - 11:55 AM in General Nerf

Glamdring, while I share your enthusiasm about potential new blasters, speculation is not generally encouraged on this forum and several topics have been locked as a result of it already. If you want to discuss the potential new blasters with a specific member, there's no problem with you taking it to PM.

On topic: Are we certain that the yellow one's tip wasn't simply broken off in transit?

#199180 My School Has A Nerf Team

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 27 December 2008 - 11:47 AM in General Nerf

Drinking milk in the hallways? That's rough. Anyway, for those of you who see such a club as nothing more than fantasy right now, once you go to college you'll have plenty of opportunities to get together with like-minded individuals. Congratulations are in order for the OP, however, as he doesn't have to wait that long.

#198921 Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 26 December 2008 - 01:03 AM in General Nerf

I respectfully disagree Rork, not all stock guns are created equal in terms of range. My mav gets about 20 ft routinely, whereas my longshot usually gets close to twice that. That said, you're right in that a pair of hyperfires is pretty scary in stock fights... just make sure your ammo is in near pristine condition, because those blasters are rather picky.

Just one more comment towards the OP, in my many stock battles at school, the quick reloads provided by multiple CS-6 clips for my recon and my longshot have proved invaluable many, many times. If you complement either of the CS-6 guns with a maverick or a single shot, you have a nice set of stock guns that should get you through most situations just fine.

#198872 Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 25 December 2008 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

AT3ks are not reliable stock, i'd go with the longshot or the recon, I personally prefer the longshot, but both can be effective. Either one will go well with a maverick as a secondary.