Pablo's Content

There have been 9 items by Pablo (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#341414 ontario nerf

Posted by Pablo on 21 August 2014 - 10:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I live in Monteal but I would definitely be able to attend some of the wars if I know the dates around a month before the war.

#340509 Airtech 2000 question

Posted by Pablo on 18 July 2014 - 10:06 AM in Modifications

Just request a free sample for a check valve here. Just put it in the tubing coming out of the pump shaft.

#340278 Nerf N-Strike Elite 2014 Line

Posted by Pablo on 12 July 2014 - 03:23 PM in General Nerf

No, because they have not been officially released. It is very likely that most of the new bladders on Amazon have been stolen from the Chinese factories. The minimum monthly wage in China is around 1800 yuan or 290 USD, this is for the standard 40 hour work week or 160 hours a month. You can see the clear reasoning for stealing blasters, it's extremely profitable.

#339911 Question about NF Rifle plunger rod

Posted by Pablo on 01 July 2014 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

I wanted to buy some 3/8" square nylon rods but then I noticed that they are $5.56 per foot which is just way too expensive for me. I wanted to know if acrylic or PVC also worked.
8728K14
8660K31
Edit: Thanks for all the comments, I decided to use delrin but I need to make 5 NF rifles so I'll try PVC for one of them. I'll tell you guys how it works out.

#339903 Hot Rod XL Foam

Posted by Pablo on 01 July 2014 - 11:17 AM in Darts and Barrels

Oh, wow. That is very interesting. I just e-mailed them asking about their pricing.
I've played "foam distributor" before and enjoyed it. With some of the recent inquiries for foam, I'm thinking it might be time for another order sooner than I thought. With the next batch I order I hope to not only sell foam - but also sell completed gumdrop 3.0 darts. Glory1610 has recently made a pretty big breakthrough and we're nearing the end of the development phase. Before I will place the next order though, I need finish my write up for the "auto blanker", as well as build another automated machine to drill holes quickly (I've got it conceptualized but not built). I also need to see if I can cut square straight off of the roll. Pre-stretching sucked, especially when I decided to run it through the dryer anyway.

Thanks for the heads up! If you're only looking for smaller quantities, maybe you and I can work out a group buy? One thing that makes me hesitate is the risk of getting stuck with a ton of foam without any buyers. I thought I might of dried up the Beige market with my last order.

I would also enjoy getting really cheap foam but I don't want 5000 feet, I was snooping around a bit more on their site and found this. It is a box with 6 rolls of 130 feet, it is probably not as cheap as buying a large roll but we'll see once they reply, if you are in the states they also have a warehouse in New York.

Also good job on the blank machine, saw the video you posted and it looks really cool!
This was my reaction when I saw how fast it was going
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Sorry, no memes.

#339887 Hot Rod XL Foam

Posted by Pablo on 30 June 2014 - 08:06 PM in Darts and Barrels

I was searching for foam but the shipping was crazy expensive since I live in Canada, then I found some PDF documents that mentioned Tundra Foam as the manufacturer. I went on the site then I realized that they are located in Ontario, Canada. I got really excited and I will contact them soon to see if they can sell foam in smaller quantities than 5000 feet (this was on their PDF catalog). I just wanted to share this for other Canadians so we don't have to pay so much for shipping. I will update this thread after I contact them, hopefully they can sell me some foam. If they only sell 5000 feet it will still be much cheaper than the price at Best Materials, I don't have any use for 5000 feet of foam so I would probably sell for the price I paid plus shipping. They also have the option to FBR with a custom profile and dimensions so we can have blanks with precise dimensions straight from the factory.
Thanks for reading, some of you probably already know this but I just wanted to share my discovery.

#339886 Where to buy Hot Rod XL Beige Foam Backer Rod

Posted by Pablo on 30 June 2014 - 07:42 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thank you Thorn, I would have WAY too much foam if I bought even a single case like Shmee, Now realizing how many feet would be in a case. would shipping be any much higher if I bought it by the foot?

Plus, what would the cheapest shipping option be?

You can use the estimate shipping feature to find out what the shipping cost would be.
Posted Image

#339845 What to buy from McMaster-Carr

Posted by Pablo on 29 June 2014 - 06:53 PM in General Nerf

Thanks so much for all the replies, this was really helpful. There are many things that I completely forgot about but was reminded to buy. And the parts list thread is also extremely useful.

#339828 What to buy from McMaster-Carr

Posted by Pablo on 28 June 2014 - 06:42 PM in General Nerf

On Tuesday I will be heading down to Florida for about a month, this is a great opportunity to make some purchases from McMaster-Carr since they don't ship to Canada. I will be getting some [k26]'s but I am not sure what else to buy. What do you guys recommend for a reinforced catch spring? Please post anything that you think is useful from the site, I will not have enough space in the bags to buy piping or polycarb. I will not be making homemades (not yet) or terribly complex mods, the most complex my mods get is an angel breach Longshot or a Nightfinder rifle. Basically if you could not purchase from the site for a year, what would you stock up on?

Thanks

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm not too familiar with the site yet.