jfrazz21's Content

There have been 17 items by jfrazz21 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#343697 Pricing questions

Posted by jfrazz21 on 23 December 2014 - 12:05 PM in General Nerf

So my friend recently showed me some of his older nerf stuff he didn't want anymore. In his collection I found a supermaxx 1500, ERTL rapid-fire shotgun, complete power unity system, and an AT4k. I have been out of the Nerf scene for a while and I was wondering how much this stuff goes for these days. I couldn't really find anything on the first two, and only estimates on the last ones on ebay. He wants to sell these because he isn't really a modder and prefers the newer elite stuff.

#339200 Weird stampede issue

Posted by jfrazz21 on 27 May 2014 - 12:27 PM in Modifications

That doesn't sound too hard. I will try to find a motor now. EDIT: well, I got my 4 aa battery holder today. I ghetto taped the leads to the connectors and dropped in 4 trustfires. That seemed to work really well, and it hasn't really stopped. I have tried about 3 mags and it works flawlessly. This is so weird. I think im still going to get a new motor, just in case anything happens. Edit #2: Well, I have looked around at some youtube videos, and I have seen that my stampede is firing slower than other stampedes on the same voltage. I believe there is a problem with the motor, and I should be able to increase the ROF by getting a new one.

#339192 Weird stampede issue

Posted by jfrazz21 on 27 May 2014 - 11:10 AM in Modifications

Personally, I do not understand the widespread dislike of Trustfires. They are cheap, rechargeable, and last for a great length of time (more than several HvZ games for me). I use 4 of the 14500 unprotected's in my stampistol and have never had an issue. I also have upgraded the springs, removed electronic locks, and direct wired the motor and trigger. I get around 6-7 rounds a second when they are fully charged, and more like 4 when they are empty.
I have met more than a few others in the HvZ community that also use TF's to power their blasters (of several types) and have never had a problem.

Yes, I have never had any problems with trustfire 14500s. I use them in my stryfes and barricades, and I plan to use them in my stampede. How hard would it be to replace the motor in the stampede? I have a basic understanding of electronics and I have a few friends who have a wide knowledge, but I would like to know how difficult this will be.

#339171 Weird stampede issue

Posted by jfrazz21 on 26 May 2014 - 04:47 PM in Modifications

Yea now I know what you are talking about. That would require me to buy a new smart charger and stuff 😕. I probably will buy one of those eventually but right now I'm going to see how the trustfires work. Is the difference between the trustfires and the lipo substantial?

#339169 Weird stampede issue

Posted by jfrazz21 on 26 May 2014 - 04:30 PM in Modifications

Like an airsoft battery? Or what were you thinking of?

#339166 Weird stampede issue

Posted by jfrazz21 on 26 May 2014 - 03:52 PM in Modifications

Yes it would be more powerful but if you don't want to do any cutting you could just use this: http://www.ebay.com/...8859712?lpid=82
It's the exact same size as the stock motor but it can handle up to a 9kg spring at 18-20 volts but it should work just fine with whatever your running through it.

Alright that sounds pretty good. I probably will end up buying the second one you listed. Thanks a lot!

#339164 Weird stampede issue

Posted by jfrazz21 on 26 May 2014 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

Well crap. I didn't want to do any more work on it but whatever I guess. Is that motor more powerful than a regular stampede motor?

#339162 Weird stampede issue

Posted by jfrazz21 on 26 May 2014 - 02:59 PM in Modifications

I shall get a firing video up later today. I have also noted that the stock ROF was slower than a normal stampedes when it did fire. Would that motor that you posted match the one in the stampede? EDIT: sometimes I could fire 40-50 times straight. This was when I was using 2 9vs instead of the stock D batteries.

#339158 Weird stampede issue

Posted by jfrazz21 on 26 May 2014 - 01:58 PM in Modifications

I just received a stampede from a friend in a trade that he claimed to be broken. Apparently he got it 2 years ago and right out of the box it had issues. It would fire around 5-20 times, and then it would slow down and stop for a while. It couldn't fire and the gun would make a weird whirring noise. After an hour or two, it would work again. I have tried replacing the batteries, but that didn't work well. I have removed the AR and I am going to solder a 4 aa battery pack up to the tray so I can use 4 trustfires, but I am wondering how I'm going to fix this problem. Have any of you experienced anything like this before? I'm going to see if replacing the catch spring does anything, but after that I have got nothing :/

#338559 City-Wide Nerf War

Posted by jfrazz21 on 29 April 2014 - 08:43 PM in General Nerf

Well, it seems like the war will happen. 150 ppl signed up and the seniors at our high school have already had their war, which went fine. Their war had 366 people. Our count is growing and the war begins this friday. I shall report back periodically to give you guys any info pertaining to our war.

#338423 City-Wide Nerf War

Posted by jfrazz21 on 22 April 2014 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

This is our unofficial rules document:

General description
A game of Nerf dart tag will be administered by EPNerf group (us, we, the administrators) on [DATE]. Teams will use Nerf guns to “Tag” other members with darts within the Eden Prairie city limits. When a member is eliminated, the eliminated player must take a picture with the killing player, then tweet it to the @EPNERF twitter or email it to the official email (epnerf@gmail.com), where we will compile the death and kill statistics. ALL KILLS MUST BE LOGGED IN THIS WAY TO BE OFFICIALLY COUNTED. The game will continue until one team is remaining. The winning team wins a cash prize and other prizes.

General rules
You must follow all laws and rules. If you do not, you will be disqualified and you may be reported to authorities depending on the infraction.
There is to be NO GAMEPLAY within buildings, public parks, or private property, such as businesses (without permission of owner).
There is to be no hitting of other people with weapons. This is dangerous play.
Dangerous play is not permitted, and you must use common sense while playing. If it is determined that you are playing dangerously, you may be disqualified without warning.
All participants MUST agree to the rules/terms and conditions and MUST be signed up by the deadline to participate. Any people participating without these requirements will not be included.
All rules infractions should be reported to the administrators on twitter @EPNERF or through the official email, epnerf@gmail.com
You may quit at any time by notifying us through the communications methods (Twitter or email). Include your name, team name, and other relevant information.
Questions and comments may be communicated to us through the communication methods.

Teams
Each team is composed of 8 or fewer members.
Each team must have a team name, so that @EPNERF and other teams can recognize you.
The last team alive wins. Prizes TBD. The more people that enter, the better the prizes!
Entry fee of $2 to cover the cost of setup and prizes.

Safety
If you are found to be participating in an unsafe manner, you may be disqualified without further warning.
Safety glasses and other safety equipment is highly recommended and we suggest that you use safety equipment that you are comfortable with. These, however, are not required.
We are not responsible for injuries that you may receive or inflict during these games. You are responsible for being safe around others.
The Nerf guns that you may use, and their accessories, must be safe, as described below.
Questions can be asked by emailing epnerf@gmail.com

Nerf guns
Guns must be Nerf brand toy foam dart launchers or similar toy foam dart launchers (BuzzBee) approved by us. Airsoft, paintball, and firearms, for the sake of safety, are disallowed and dangerous. Homemade guns must be safe, as determined by us.
Guns shall not be painted. We do not want them to look like real weapons to avoid police involvement and scares.
Guns may be “modified”, but only safely. Safety shall be determined by us. Ammunition darts may not be modified in any way.
No shields
No swords or melee weapons
Attachments allowed include sights and dot pointers and barrel extensions made by Nerf. All others are generally disallowed, but exceptions may be made if reviewed by us.
Any person using a potentially harmful or dangerous gun/darts will be disqualified and may be reported to police. A dangerous gun can be described by firing over 120 ft at a 45 degree angle and/or leaves physical damage. Anything determined by us to be dangerous will result in a disqualification and removal of the dangerous objects from the game.
Questions can be asked by emailing epnerf@gmail.com

This game is city-wide, but buildings, private property (businesses, others’ houses, etc.), and public parks are off-limits.
Obey trespassing laws and other laws.
The boundaries are city limits. If you exit the city, kills will not count.
You may not shoot across city borders.

Kills
When you get a kill, you shall do the following:
After the fighting is done, pause is agreed by both teams temporarily.
Alive team members take a picture with the disqualified/”dead” members of the other team
Include the location in which the kill happened, both team names, and all names of killers/killed. Post on twitter @EPNERF or email it to epnerf@gmail.com.
One shot = one kill. There are no lives nor resurrections. Until the end of the event, if you are shot by a participating player, you are “dead”.
If you are shot, you are out. We are using an honor system, but if you are found to be cheating or breaking rules, you may be disqualified without further warning.

Conclusion
This game is merely for fun and for a little break from school and sports.This is student run, FYI. We are just out to have a fun time. Get as competitive as you wish, but remember, this is a GAME. Have fun, and remember to be safe.
By agreeing to these rules, you agree to follow them to your ability. You agree that members of the EPNerf administrative team may disqualify you or your team at any time and prevent rejoining in the future. You agree that you are responsible for your actions and, if you are found to be doing anything illegal while playing, you are responsible. We are not responsible for injuries you may receive during play, nor are we responsible for any legal trouble. These rules may be edited by EPNerf at anytime prior to or during the event with or without prior notice.

#338389 City-Wide Nerf War

Posted by jfrazz21 on 21 April 2014 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

The only problem is, no one knows who is running them. It is all anonymus through twitter and other social media.

#338385 City-Wide Nerf War

Posted by jfrazz21 on 21 April 2014 - 05:32 PM in General Nerf

There have been many wars such as this before. Three are going on right now (Minnetonka, Bloomington, Roseville) and all of them are going fine. I think if we establish a good rules base we should be fine. I wouldn't think a nerf war on this scale would be bad, as long as nobody paints their guns (I'm thinking no one will, as most people will probably go straight to target and purchase one) and abides by local laws set by businesses and police.

#338370 City-Wide Nerf War

Posted by jfrazz21 on 21 April 2014 - 08:02 AM in General Nerf

SO, essentially spring is the time of nerf in Minnesota, and lots of high schools are playing a game right now called: "Assassin". This game is composed of 500+ high schoolers with nerf guns, running around the city unsupervised. If you are tagged once, you are out of the entire game. Guns can't be painted and there can't be fighting on school property, churches, or in stores. Everything else goes. I am thinking about starting this up in my city, but I have heard from a few people about the legality of this. Any thoughts?

#338050 Ebay darts

Posted by jfrazz21 on 05 April 2014 - 01:20 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hey guys, I am in need of some new stock darts for a few of my guns that don't use stefans, and I noticed that in most retail stores packs of 75 elites are around $20. I think this is pretty ridiculous and I went straight to ebay to check their deals out. I stumbled upon lots of chinese made darts such as these: http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT , and I was wondering if any of you have experience with them. Thanks for looking! -Jack

#337876 Spring replacement for Nite-Finder

Posted by jfrazz21 on 30 March 2014 - 10:43 AM in Modifications

I do have a local Ace Hardware, and I have also heard that the Ace 49 is a good spring for my gun. Any experience with this spring?

#337854 Spring replacement for Nite-Finder

Posted by jfrazz21 on 29 March 2014 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

Hello NerfHaven! I am new to this forum but not new to Nerf. I recently got an old Nite-Finder in a trade, and it hasn't really satisfied my range needs. Im looking to shoot around 70-100 ft flat, and I know more mods are required (barrel replacement, filling dead space), but I was wondering whether or not to get a 10kg or 6kg spring. I want the best performance out of my gun, but I also want my internals to last! I was looking at these kits: http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649 and http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649 . The first one has a 10kg spring, and the second one just says "industrial", but I can assume its between 6 and 10. Any suggestions? I have looked at all the mod guides and none of them really go into too much depth on the subject, so don't yell at me saying "WE ARENT GOING TO SPOON FEED YOU" lol. Anyways, thanks for looking! -Jack