JiF's Content

There have been 22 items by JiF (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#54760 In Need Of Sniper Rifle

Posted by JiF on 12 May 2005 - 08:46 PM in Homemades

That'll do it.

Question: What diameter are the tire valves you used? Mine were apparantly .453 diameter, which is far from the truth. They micrometered at about .590. I'm ordering a new drill bit.

#54335 In Need Of Sniper Rifle

Posted by JiF on 07 May 2005 - 02:44 PM in Homemades

In process of building a BAMF. I've got most of it done, save for a few parts. My hardware store didn't have a 24'' piece of SCH80 riser. So I got two 12" and the appropriate coupler. I'm having issues with brass tubing. It doesn't seem to exist around here, so I'm going copper I suppose. All of the sizes of actual tubing seem to fit oddly insice of the SCH80, save one. The one is actually a copper fitting that is 12" long and fits over 1/2" copper pipe. That sits in mighty well, and a micro slides down such perfectly. The only problem is that it's only 12" segments. Should I stick with a 12" barrel or get two of them and join them like you did with the brass pieces in your writeup? Also, what is to prevent the inner barrel from flying out along with the dart? You dont mention any method of retention in the plans.

#54260 New Zing-ring Launcher

Posted by JiF on 05 May 2005 - 09:09 PM in General Nerf

How much do they suck with wind?

#54183 In Need Of Sniper Rifle

Posted by JiF on 04 May 2005 - 10:04 PM in Homemades

Heh. Vacc told me about this place before earth found out. He still around?

#54114 In Need Of Sniper Rifle

Posted by JiF on 03 May 2005 - 10:36 PM in Homemades

The BAMF sounds like the best idea I've heard of as of yet. I'm thinking I won't do a bleed valve, I'll rig the solenoid up electrically. I remember back in the day having a lot of trouble getting ahold of FBR. Has it become more widely available? Lowe's? Home Depot?

The member numbers here have gotten hella high.

#54057 In Need Of Sniper Rifle

Posted by JiF on 02 May 2005 - 11:09 PM in Homemades

Well I certainly haven't posted around these parts in a long time. So it goes.

I'm rather out of the scene on what's the new and the wonderful in this fine land.

My friends and I have begun an assassin type game. The weaponry consists of nerf, rubber band guns, so on. I've decided I must quickly take over the arms race.

I remember a PAC3 esque gun somewhere around these parts. But you guys can hopefully educate me on what I should be doing.

Basically, I need a 100+ ft loser rifle. One shot is all I should need, though a quick second can never hurt. I need something relatively easy to build, price isn't especially an issue. Hopefully I can shop one day, piece this thing together the next, and on day 3 be ready to make killings.

I've read through the first few pages of the boards, but at this point with being away from homemades this long, it's daunting. Somebody fill me in with a quick summary and tell me what I should be doing.

#29392 Sweetest Airsoft Gun

Posted by JiF on 24 June 2004 - 10:49 AM in Off Topic

I have that m4. It sucks. Get a TM SR16 carbine. I have two. They can be suped up to terrifying extremes. Right now my First SR has the same muzzle velocity as a .45 caliber bullet.

Your AirSoft gun can shoot 3000-4000 FPS? I somehow find that hard to believe.

You're stupid. I don't like you. Go touch yourself in a corner.

As for that gun, yeah, it looks like a piece of shit. For $50, it probably is a piece of shit. Do yourself a favour and go get a nice cheap spring pistol, or even a nice high-quality spring rifle. Don't throw it away on this thing.

FYI a .45 caliber bullet shoot nowhere near 3000-4000 fps. Where did you pull these figures from? I'm guessing somewhere near your ass. A .45 goes in the general area of 750 fps. For comparison, a .223 goes at about 2700 fps, showing the lucidity of your numbers. Just so you know.

#20022 What Is This?

Posted by JiF on 26 February 2004 - 11:20 PM in Off Topic

A friend of a friend bet the first friend that he couldn't identify this picture:

http://i.xanga.com/e...s/whoisthis.jpg

He's got 48 hours. Anybody got any ideas?

#16205 Ipod Mini

Posted by JiF on 11 January 2004 - 06:07 PM in Off Topic

I'm very intrigued by the iPod mini, but I've got a few questions about it. I heard that you can take files from a digital camera and upload them to a regular iPod. Do you just do it with a firewire cable? Will the mini still do it? I also saw something called an iTrip. Is that only for the big ones or will it work with the mini?

#14963 Lord Of The Rings Iii

Posted by JiF on 23 December 2003 - 08:00 PM in Off Topic

Definitely saw it the day it came out and refused to drink anything for three hours prior to the movie just so I wouldn't have to leave the theatre during the movie. When I got up, my leg didn't work right, but the movie was good. It was worth it.

#1013 Favorite Sb Commercial:

Posted by JiF on 29 January 2003 - 06:44 PM in Off Topic

"You kill the joe, make some mo'!"

"You can't go in my kitchen, kick my dog, and walk out with a box of ballpoints!"

Terry Tate is my hero.

#1012 Are You An Old Nerfer?

Posted by JiF on 29 January 2003 - 06:39 PM in General Nerf

One more for the old nerfer list

"If you bought your crossbow at a retail store for more than $5."

#289 Fps Games

Posted by JiF on 03 January 2003 - 12:53 PM in Off Topic

I play a bit of CS still, and some Battlefield 1942. I've really been getting into console games more lately. I'm hooked on Vice City and both new Metroids.

#145 Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

Posted by JiF on 22 December 2002 - 07:57 PM in Off Topic

Smeagol managed to win me over, and then scare the crap out of me. That's definitely an accmplishment. He can be friggin' creepy.

#142 Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

Posted by JiF on 21 December 2002 - 10:58 PM in Off Topic

I think if you hadn't read the book, it'd be nearly a perfect film. Having read it, it's still "pimp-fresh," but there are some things that piss me off. The whole "lack of the book's ending" was the glaring fault. Jackson spent so much time with his addditional Aragorn cliff scene, the movie would have been too long for the awesome cliffhanger with Shelob. There must have been some series lack of filmage of the 3rd movie to steal such a massive chunk from the 2nd movie.

Otherwise, the movie is awesome. The massive army left me literally sitting there with pie-eyes and my mouth agape. :) I'm ready to see it again.

#133 Dumpster Diving Prevails Once More!

Posted by JiF on 18 December 2002 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

This may be a sign of the end of the world.

#120 Avatars

Posted by JiF on 18 December 2002 - 11:01 AM in Site Feedback

I think Metal Gear Solid icons would be awesome. Snake is the best mullet-wearing hero in the world.

#73 Pants

Posted by JiF on 16 December 2002 - 05:23 PM in Off Topic

This topic brings up an odd yet insightful question.

I believe that pants are a "necessary evil." The real problem is not the pants, for alone they are unconstricting. The problem exists within the persons choice of undergarments. While I'm not one to "go freeballing," I most definitely prefer boxers over breifs, simply for comfort purposes.

#43 Animal Crossing

Posted by JiF on 15 December 2002 - 01:39 PM in Off Topic

Does anyone else play Animal Crossing? I've had it since October, and I'm still thoroughly addicted to it. I don't care if it's kiddie, it's incredible.

#42 Approach To Modification

Posted by JiF on 15 December 2002 - 01:34 PM in Modifications

I'll very rarely originate a mod. If I attempt to, I'll ususally end up with a pile of useless plastic. I normally wait for someone else to do it, and follow their lead. Nonetheless, I do have a few piles of plastic sitting around. Two piles are lock N loads, out of pure laziness to find replacement springs.

#41 Avatars

Posted by JiF on 15 December 2002 - 01:31 PM in Site Feedback

Is there any possible way that one could acquire a personalized avatar? I think it'd be great to have a jar of Jif peanut butter for mine.

#40 The New Nerf

Posted by JiF on 15 December 2002 - 01:22 PM in General Nerf

I've been almost without Nerf till this came around. I haven't Nerfed in probably six months, or more. Hopefully this will rekindle the dead area of nerf left in NO's wake.