CTA then and now's Content

There have been 73 items by CTA then and now (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#69942 Sloganizer

Posted by CTA then and now on 27 December 2005 - 08:07 AM in Off Topic

I'm still laughing.

I put in Colt 45, and it said:
"Colt 45's like heaven"

#68192 For All Those Who Airsoft As Well As Nerf...

Posted by CTA then and now on 24 November 2005 - 10:48 AM in Off Topic

I have found that there are many nerfers on this forum who airsoft as well, like me.

I have just started up a forum for airsoft. Feel free to come and join.

My forum

It kinda looks like I am talking to myself, cause I'm kinda hurting for members. :lol:

#61611 America's Army

Posted by CTA then and now on 11 August 2005 - 06:59 AM in Off Topic

Screename is cta9328. Played since it first came out. It is a very fun game.

#54372 Google Gone?

Posted by CTA then and now on 08 May 2005 - 07:33 AM in Off Topic

This isn't entirely relevant, but if you are ever at a friend's house, and he has google as his default home page, change it to Elgoog and see how they repond.

That's awesome.

#54346 Bottle Airtank

Posted by CTA then and now on 07 May 2005 - 07:35 PM in Homemades

1.I'm only able to get off about... oh.. 6 shots a min..Terrible ROF. 2.One shot wastes all the air,
3.with a bigger bottle I could probably conserve an amount of the air.

1.Yeah.
2.Hmm... there's got to be a way to regulate that.
3.Good idea.

#54281 Bottle Airtank

Posted by CTA then and now on 06 May 2005 - 03:25 PM in Homemades

Sorry. I meant to say feet. And I could probably get better if my Stefans weren't so skinny.

Still awesome.
I wouldn't mind knowing how many shots you get off.

100/175psi? whoa...

#54140 Bottle Airtank

Posted by CTA then and now on 04 May 2005 - 03:38 PM in Homemades

I could get around...oh...50-60ish with one BB weight Stefans

Feet? or shots?
Awesome.

#53616 Nf Problems

Posted by CTA then and now on 27 April 2005 - 05:28 AM in Modifications

crayola/brass is definitely neccesary

Yup. Brass works great. I used it on my nitefinder while looking at the write-up, and now I get the expected 50' to 60' foot ranges. Pick some up if you can.

#53142 Blowguns

Posted by CTA then and now on 21 April 2005 - 09:06 PM in Homemades

Pretty cool ssgtsiler. I couldn't use a blowgun like that though, considering that it is about 3/4.5 of my height.(Yes, I am that small.)

#52427 Another 2k Petg Mod...

Posted by CTA then and now on 13 April 2005 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

Okay, thanks FIDO.

#52413 Another 2k Petg Mod...

Posted by CTA then and now on 13 April 2005 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

I figured this would be a good place to ask this question.

I am wondering that on mods for the at2k(or any other guns, for that matter) that it is possible to subsitute the material they are using in the write-up with another type(brass, in my case) and still follow the directions they give you.

I know this may be a mundane question, but I want to be 100% sure.

#52180 Real Player - Owned

Posted by CTA then and now on 10 April 2005 - 06:10 PM in Off Topic

Huh huh huh...
That's good.

#51673 Favorite Band

Posted by CTA then and now on 05 April 2005 - 09:01 PM in Off Topic

Right now I'm listening to an LA band called Virgil... probably haven't heard of them(they're still ony in LA;somehow I heard of them even though I live in VA). You can download three songs from their site, and if you really like them, you can order their CD.

#51541 Review Of The N-strike Three-in-one System

Posted by CTA then and now on 04 April 2005 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

Sinfil, I just realized he may be talking about the nitefinder, but I don't know why...

#51477 Favorite Band

Posted by CTA then and now on 03 April 2005 - 02:53 PM in Off Topic

Wow, Formerly Sane, it looks like your band is doing pretty well.

#51464 Xbox Live

Posted by CTA then and now on 03 April 2005 - 11:47 AM in Off Topic

How 'bout posting your clan's name also? I'm in the clan Us Ppl.

#51456 Favorite Band

Posted by CTA then and now on 03 April 2005 - 09:32 AM in Off Topic

Really? To me, he does stuff that other guitarists don't do ... maybe you've heard a larger variety of music than I have, and it doesn't seem special to you. Well, I guess it's all opinion. ^_^

#51452 Favorite Band

Posted by CTA then and now on 03 April 2005 - 07:57 AM in Off Topic

But Dave Matthews being Unconvential and Creative?

Sorry if I came across being a bit... agressive. Had a bad day, and I've liked them for so long. What I should have said was, Dave's(just him) guitar playing is creative and not mainstream. I should have said that was from a guitarists viewpoint. The band is a bit different too. How many modern guitar-drum-violin-saxes-bass bands are there.

Duce, you're right about the pop thing, and the mixed meter thing... and well, a lot of stuff you said was right.

#51416 Favorite Band

Posted by CTA then and now on 02 April 2005 - 09:31 PM in Off Topic

Dave Matthews Band all the way. Those guys are awesome down-to-earth musicians. Boyd Tinsley is a very good violinist. Leroi Moore will knock your socks off with his horns. Carter Beauford is a drummer to look up to. Stefan Lessard was a bassist prodigy. And then... Dave Matthews. Not the most skilled guitarist, but has the most unconventional and creative ideas.
All in all, DMB is a creative, rock/jazz/blues group. If you haven't listened to 'em, give them a try.

#51414 Your Pope Died.

Posted by CTA then and now on 02 April 2005 - 09:17 PM in Off Topic

Hey, I'm not catholic at all(well of course all ... "versions" should I call them? of christianity are derived from the catholic faith) I'm methodist. I'm just saying away from a leader of a faith and everything else he was a good/great whatever guy.

#51389 At2k M4?

Posted by CTA then and now on 02 April 2005 - 05:30 PM in Modifications

Whoa...
The stock, sight rail, and grip shouldn't be much of a problem, but what you need to focus on is the clip.

#51384 Your Pope Died.

Posted by CTA then and now on 02 April 2005 - 04:30 PM in Off Topic

Everyone who has said this is right. He was a wonderful, great guy who stayed with us so long. I think the average serving time of a pope is 6.3 years. Around that time most die from exhaustion from their amazingly hard, 24-7 job.

#51355 At2k M4?

Posted by CTA then and now on 02 April 2005 - 11:11 AM in Modifications

Are you trying to make it work like an M4, or are you trying to make it look like an M4? If you are doing the latter, it's pretty easy. Just be creative.

#51347 Paintball

Posted by CTA then and now on 02 April 2005 - 09:13 AM in Off Topic

Oh, okay, sorry... I get it now... so you knew what paintball was?

#51345 My Game

Posted by CTA then and now on 02 April 2005 - 08:34 AM in Off Topic

OFF TOPIC:Check this out. It's a zombie infection simulation.
Simulation
BACK ON: Sounds pretty cool... so it's like scenario paintball... but scenario NERF.
EDIT: Ya know what... this sounds so cool, I think I will help you out Parapsycho. I'm going to go register on the forums right now.

#51247 Paintball

Posted by CTA then and now on 01 April 2005 - 08:24 AM in Off Topic

What the hell is paintball?

AirApache, I can only give a short explanation since I don't feel like sitting here and typing for an hour. Paintball is a game/sport played with guns called"markers" that are powered by a tank of CO2 or compressed air. On top of the markers there is a loader, sometimes called a hopper or a feeder that holds and feeds the paintballs. Some are electric. Gravity pulls the gellatin shelled "paintballs" with a water based mixture inside down. When you pull the trigger, a burst of expanding gas launches the paintball out of the gun at about 300 fps(feet per second). Some of the older markers, and there are some new, are pump action. Some pump guns only have 10 or 15 round loader(look at the top of Piney's photo) . Most guns use a 200 rd. Paintball is played in the woods, and on fields with man-made plywood, metal, or inflatable bunkers. There is also scenario play. I suggest you search on google and on google images, and go to this site.

If you have any more questions about this awesome game/sport(whatever you want to call it), PM me or Talio, because he looks like he knows a lot about the game/sport.Action Persuit Games

#51138 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by CTA then and now on 30 March 2005 - 02:00 PM in General Nerf

semi-autos

So many interesting things I must learn in this topic.
Semi-auto 2ks? Wow... I never knew such a thing existed!
Do you know a place where I can get directions to do this?
EDIT BIG TIME: Oh wait! I just found the link in your signature, THIRST, right after I posted this! Amazing!

#51122 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by CTA then and now on 30 March 2005 - 09:42 AM in General Nerf

Two 80ft NiteFinders

Whoa, you gotta show me how to do that.

#51050 Paintball

Posted by CTA then and now on 29 March 2005 - 05:30 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Wow... they're frickin' beautiful...
Phantoms will never be surpassed in greatness.

#51001 Paintball

Posted by CTA then and now on 29 March 2005 - 11:24 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, Talio, I gotcha. I have no idea how they can afford that. If I was allowed to get a marker, I would probably stick with a pump or a semi with a low rate of fire that is durable and cheap, like the Tippy 98 custom. I like that marker a lot. The reason I nerf is because it's the closest thing to paintball I can do(no airsofting either).

EDIT: I don't have anything against semis, but I do have something against markers tha can shoot more than 6bps. What's the point? Fast-shooting is neccesary in some cases(no pun intended) but you don't more than 6bps. I love paintball anyway, no matter what speeds or types or markers there are. I do have a lot of respect for those pump and stock class players who own guys with $1000 markers.

#50987 Paintball

Posted by CTA then and now on 29 March 2005 - 07:20 AM in Off Topic

Hello everyone. I just wanted to see what the community's feelings are towards paintball. I played it once and loved it. I'm going again soon. I really wish I could play it as a hobby.

#50950 Do You Use ImageShack?

Posted by CTA then and now on 28 March 2005 - 09:42 PM in Off Topic

Being a cox member has great advantages. You get personal web space on which you can get stuff on the internet, such as in mine my web site and my photo for the atom blasters slingshot mod I posted on here. I tried other things like ImageShack, but found them to be slow and annoying(don't ask or yell at me why, they just were). Cox webspace is simple and works great. It is also very quick and after I figured out how to get my picture to be the correct size, I posted it on the internet in at the most a minute.

CTA's advice: if you have cox, use your webspace.

#50847 Code Of Conduct

Posted by CTA then and now on 28 March 2005 - 10:47 AM in Site Feedback

1.Questions such as "What is a Stefan?" "What does 'SSPB' stand for?" etc.

2.Maybe a small grammar test could be implemented.

1.But what if they don't know, but could learn? You could be turning away another nerfer that could add to the community.
2.Amen to that.

#50624 Modded Xbox

Posted by CTA then and now on 26 March 2005 - 02:42 PM in Off Topic

300 gig HDD

QUOTE (boltsniper @ Mar 21 2005, 07:15 PM)
2700 NES, 1200 SNES, 5000 GB, 400 GBA, games on it. 

There's that many games? And you have them?

A 300 gig can hold a lot. boltsniper, how can you organise all of that without taking 5 minutes to find a game?

I know it could hold that much, I just didn't know they made that may games for any of those systems.

#50600 Modded Xbox

Posted by CTA then and now on 26 March 2005 - 11:15 AM in Off Topic

2700 NES, 1200 SNES, 5000 GB, 400 GBA, games on it.

There's that many games? And you have them?

#50234 How Sad.....

Posted by CTA then and now on 22 March 2005 - 06:15 AM in General Nerf

Phsssttt... 30' unmodded... HA! 70' modded...HA!

OFF TOPIC:Okto, I PMed you with some questions about the brass deal.

#50196 Xbox Live

Posted by CTA then and now on 21 March 2005 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

cta9328. I play only Halo2 and Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball(which is actually an awesome game).

#50122 Woohoo! 13 Beat A 4!

Posted by CTA then and now on 20 March 2005 - 09:19 PM in Off Topic

1.How about UWM as a cinderella?  They're a 12 seed and weren't supposed to go anywhere.   

2.YES go Wisconsin over Bucknell.

1. Cool. We do have a cinderella.
2. "eye twitching"arghh"spasms" :rolleyes:

#50117 Woohoo! 13 Beat A 4!

Posted by CTA then and now on 20 March 2005 - 07:32 PM in Off Topic

Ahhh man... Bucknell lost. They fought hard though. I have more bad news.
Mississippi State, a 9 lost to Duke, a 1st. Another close game, they almost had. Don't know if any cinderellas are going to the 3rd round.

#50022 Woohoo! 13 Beat A 4!

Posted by CTA then and now on 19 March 2005 - 11:31 AM in Off Topic

I think i'm the only person who had bucknull winning...but thats because my bro goes there and I wanted to support him. It turned out good anyway.

Wow, nice man... that was one hell of a pick for one hell of an upset.