Spiderbite's Content

There have been 76 items by Spiderbite (Search limited from 04-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#350303 K26 spring unavailable in Australia

Posted by Spiderbite on 29 December 2015 - 11:09 PM in Homemades

I haven't been able to do a mass [k26] spring order because of a lack of demand for them. I need to purchase 100 for the transaction to be economical, otherwise you would be paying McMaster Prices.

#348185 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by Spiderbite on 02 August 2015 - 02:31 PM in Nerf Wars

APOC was fun, I didn't hit as much people (bad dart quality by me) as I got hit but it was all around good times. the last 2 hours were great dicking around and I'm glad so much people showed up. I hate most of my footage just sucked due to angle, shake and my goggles blocking out the view but shows some cool things (like when I threw a dart and hit chicken)
Spider why you no show up? Also I forgot to get a lot of signatures from people ;(

Oh, I was there.

#348172 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by Spiderbite on 01 August 2015 - 10:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Be there in about an hour. Wouldn't be right for me to be on time. Does anyone have darts I can use or buy?

#348047 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by Spiderbite on 25 July 2015 - 07:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Speaking of money, should we start a B/S/T thread for APOC? I'm looking for dart smithing materials and maybe some magic CPVC, along with 2 wyes.

I second this.

By the way, I will be attending.

#347872 Nerf Rapidstrike Modification Help

Posted by Spiderbite on 16 July 2015 - 10:05 AM in Modifications

I have a question about batteries used for the rapidstrike (when modded). How many trustfire batteries can i use with the stock motors and have them be okay. I won't be revving for a long period of time ever. Thanks for the help in advance.

3 are preferred, but 4 will work. Just don't expect your motors to last forever.

#347794 Where to post: Homemade or Modifications

Posted by Spiderbite on 11 July 2015 - 07:26 AM in Site Feedback

Take it apart and post each one in their respective categories.

#347020 Retaliator Modification Guide - Supreme HvZ Primary

Posted by Spiderbite on 01 June 2015 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

- Worker pump kit for the Nerf Retaliator (can be found on Taobao. For the purposes of keeping this tutorial up-to-date, here is a link to the searched term 'worker nerf' so you can find a seller that offers these pump grips: HYPERLINK WIZARDRY)
- Worker stock (can be found on Taobao. For the purposes of keeping this tutorial up-to-date, here is a link to the searched term 'worker nerf' so you can find a seller that offers these pump grips: HYPERLINK WIZARDRY)

How does one successfully navigate through the Chinese encryption? Is there an English version of the site?

#346829 Two questions about modding

Posted by Spiderbite on 18 May 2015 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

You're being kind of vague. I will do my best:

For paints, follow Coop's guide, Vinyl dye primer followed by colors with a clear coat. Commonly used paint for nerf is Citadel.

I know Orange Mod works used to be the go-to for nerf springs and such, but I would do your research before purchasing. I personally have never bought from there but I've heard they have gone downhill over the years.

Hope this helped.

#346160 How to fix a stryfe

Posted by Spiderbite on 14 April 2015 - 02:13 PM in Modifications

So a friend of mine bought a stryfe two years ago and with fresh batteries out of the box it hardly shot, he was upset but just kept it In a closet and I now own it.. I was wondering is there anything I could do to fix it? I am will ing to do most mods as long it's not too expensive and does not require shell cutting. Thanks!

If by "it hardly shot" you mean it was jamming up or had poor ranges, I noticed the same with my stryfes, but when I upgraded the batteries to Ultrafires and removed the locks, it had fixed the problem.

#345940 Which should I get?

Posted by Spiderbite on 31 March 2015 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

I would choose the stryfe because of the superior ranges, rate of fire, size, as well as 100% less jams. But that's just my two cents.

#345858 Vinyl Dye base coat + Acrylic detailing?

Posted by Spiderbite on 27 March 2015 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

Did you sand the material well before you applied the vinyl dye? And make sure the brush is dry before dipping it into the paint.

What brand of paint are you using?

#345806 Custom foam order from china

Posted by Spiderbite on 25 March 2015 - 03:38 PM in Darts and Barrels

I would be interested in some new foam, my old stuff just ran out.

#345678 Homemade build price

Posted by Spiderbite on 19 March 2015 - 08:11 PM in Homemades

So I am very new to the homemades and I plan on building one soon( I'm not sure which one yet!) BUT I need to know how much I could end up paying before I start. Thanks!

Snapbow Mk. V

'Nuff Said

#345303 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 28 February 2015 - 07:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Also Spiderbite I'm holding your springs hostage.

Keep em. I've got way too many anyway. I'm sure you can put them to use.

#345287 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 28 February 2015 - 10:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey I'm here. Sitting in the parking lot.

#345266 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 27 February 2015 - 07:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Aeromech, are koosh darts allowed in slightly modified ( <100 fps) nerf guns?

#345168 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 22 February 2015 - 07:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I am ready. The weather is forecasted to be 40 degrees and partly sunny.

Check out the loadout yo

Posted Image

#344968 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 12 February 2015 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be bringing my chrony, if anybody is in need of velocity readings.

#344952 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 11 February 2015 - 03:33 PM in Nerf Wars

We will move it two weeks into the spring if weather or conditions are bad. If there is only an inch or two of powder on the ground or something like that, we will play, but I don't think anyone wants to play (or drive for that matter) in blizzard conditions.

That's what I figured. I'm mostly considering road conditions, and its good to know you have a back-up plan. Keep us posted if things change.

#344940 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 10 February 2015 - 08:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Aeromech, what are your plans for weather, for instance if there is 10" of snow on the ground?

#344783 Best Stefan Foam

Posted by Spiderbite on 04 February 2015 - 04:22 PM in Darts and Barrels

What sort of barrel material do you typically use with this foam?
I usually try to stick to foam that I can use with CPVC barreled springers (i.e., not really fat foam...it tends to get stuck in my RSCB clip material), so if this is similar to what I normally get I might have to try it.

This stuff is a pretty nice snug fit in CPVC. It takes a good amount of effort to blow a stefan out a barrel, if that gives you any idea. I think this foam is actually ideal in CPVC.

#344768 Best Stefan Foam

Posted by Spiderbite on 03 February 2015 - 04:02 PM in Darts and Barrels

I use this, it hasn't failed me yet, and its super cheap.

http://www.amazon.co...foam backer rod

#344246 Nerf elite darts bulk sale

Posted by Spiderbite on 14 January 2015 - 08:44 AM in Darts and Barrels

I would at least try to get a detailing picture of one of those darts, if not a sample, before purchasing them. If these are any good then that is a great price.

#344171 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 11 January 2015 - 06:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Eh those are ok; they are inevitable. Basically don't be an asshat, no plugged 4Bs or titans, etc.

Thanks, yea it's just a big hassle to have to find a spring with the right load to reinstall in the pump as opposed to just plugging it altogether. Panthers are pretty safe for the most part.

#344124 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 10 January 2015 - 09:34 AM in Nerf Wars

So plugged panther's and AT2K's are not allowed?

#344091 Questions on the Nerf N-Strike Elite Stryfe

Posted by Spiderbite on 09 January 2015 - 10:46 AM in Modifications

Hey Guys, I have a question. I am planning on purchasing the Nerf N-Strike Elite Stryfe (the regular one) and I have several questions.

1. Is the flywheel noisy? I have never in my life used a flywheel blaster before because I didn't want to go through the fuss of buying batteries. So for a try, I think the Stryfe is a good and affordable choice.

2. I watched one of the reviews on this Nerf blaster and they said that some N-Strike Clips (old ones before the Elite line was even released) don't actually work (or fire) on the Stryfe. Now the problem is I have a ton of N-strike Clips and I don't have any Elite clips or blasters.(Yes I am late to the party lol) anyways, I am worried that this is true, because this is a serious issue and in fact my first Elite blaster and first flywheel blaster that I'll own. So to all of you who actually have the Stryfe and old N-Strike Clips, if you would do me a favor and load them all and try them all or you already have done so, please let me know as soon as possible because I'll be getting one soon.

3. Does it fire Streamline darts? I have a lot of Streamlines and like only 30 elites, so far. So if you have tried firing them (of course, I know elites are much better in range, but I just want to fire them off to buy elites lol) please let me know as well.

4.Any difference in the "XD"Stryfe and the Normal Stryfe one? I was told they don't and even some people say that they are true in springers but what about flywheels?

5. Do they consume a lot of power? Are they "battery-friendly"? Do I need to regularly change batteries?

That's it. Thanks for reading.

1. Yes, the flywheels are noisy when batteries upgraded, however this can be remedied.
2. All n-strike clips work in this blaster.
3. Elites, streamlines, glow darts, z-strike, as long as they have the same head they will work.
4. There is no difference in internals, only cosmetics.
5. Consuming more power is good, because that power is put into performance of the blaster. Get a rechargeable battery source for sure.

I hope this helped.

#343846 Broken Tapping Bit Help

Posted by Spiderbite on 02 January 2015 - 08:05 PM in Homemades

I have encountered this problem before when I was making my first +bow. There was very little tap above the nylon rod where it broke and it was impossible to get the tap out. I ended up just scrapping the rod and buying a new tap. Taps are made typically of Carbon-steel; they're not going to be too friendly for drilling into for removal.

What I will recommend for the future, is to lubricate the tap with something, even hand soap, to have it tap more easily in tough materials like polycarb and nylon.

#343731 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Spiderbite on 26 December 2014 - 04:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I will definitely be there. Hopefully since it's two months away I can start dartsmithing now and have enough stefans.

Also, I can bring a few loaner homemades & barrel systems if you want.

#343634 Where To Get Best Deal On Large Quantity's of E-putty

Posted by Spiderbite on 18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM in Modifications

I think you're talking about Rectorseal. It's cheap as balls, but its horrible quality. And it smells really bad. I had to wash my hands several times to get rid of the stench.
Posted Image
This stuff.

#343610 Where To Get Best Deal On Large Quantity's of E-putty

Posted by Spiderbite on 18 December 2014 - 07:49 AM in Modifications

What brand do you carry?

It's Hercules Pro-Poxy. It's the best putty I've ever used.

#343601 Where To Get Best Deal On Large Quantity's of E-putty

Posted by Spiderbite on 17 December 2014 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

Is that chinese stuff any good?

#343582 Where To Get Best Deal On Large Quantity's of E-putty

Posted by Spiderbite on 16 December 2014 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

I carry epoxy putty in 4 oz tubes for $9.00, its the only one I use because of how strong it cures. I've noticed JB weld putty to become brittle and break, while mine does not.

#343451 Best place to buy magazines and drums?

Posted by Spiderbite on 11 December 2014 - 03:34 PM in General Nerf

There is a lightning deal today at 5:00 PM on Amazon.com for 18 stick magazines, you should check that out.

#343428 Calipers or expertise needed!

Posted by Spiderbite on 10 December 2014 - 03:17 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have simple request; can someone measure the exact ID and OD dimensions of thick-walled PETG, 1/2" ID. I am sure its not exactly 1/2", but I don't have some to measure. Mcmaster states that the tolerance is ±0.01", but I want to be sure I don't have the wrong dart fit. Thanks.

#343377 Battery safety

Posted by Spiderbite on 08 December 2014 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

Everyone bashes against trustfire/ultrafire batteries. What's the problem? They make a normal flywheel blaster shoot substantially harder, with little/no modification to the circuit, motors, or shell.

#343345 neoprene sheet? to make washers for plunger head?

Posted by Spiderbite on 07 December 2014 - 10:25 AM in Homemades

It's probably not going to work, sorry to burst your bubble, however, the thickness is 1/16".

Might I ask why you aren't just buying the washer at a store?

#343285 primary and secondary suggestions

Posted by Spiderbite on 03 December 2014 - 06:52 AM in General Nerf

Nitefinders are great.

#343266 Demolisher Help

Posted by Spiderbite on 02 December 2014 - 05:26 PM in Modifications

®

#343262 Demolisher Help

Posted by Spiderbite on 02 December 2014 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

I wouldn't mind a little demolisher wiring practice. Soldering is really not hard. Just place the iron tip under the already connected wires you wish to connect, and slowly feed solder into it. Also it's really a good idea to completely remove undesired electronic locks. Up to you.

#343042 NENO 11

Posted by Spiderbite on 24 November 2014 - 05:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I will try to be there.