mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#281266 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 July 2010 - 09:51 AM in General Nerf

Damn it's been a while....
This thing looks friggin amazing.
SgNerf: I was wondering if you could give us an idea of the size of the plunger tube. Is it similar to a longshot's? It looks smaller to me, but it's hard to tell, not having anything familiar for reference.
I may start up again, just to use this thing.

#269499 Nerf Big Blast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 March 2010 - 08:31 AM in General Nerf

I really don't like the sounds of this, even if half this is true. It's probably just all speculation, but seriously? Tactical Shield? The fact that it takes 6 D batteries makes it likely too bulky to use in a war, and it most likely won't shoot far, likely operating on gears pulling back the plunger, therefore requiring a pretty weak spring as to not break the gears.

#266584 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 February 2010 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

That's pretty cool. I bet you could squeeze more range out of it if you sacrificed the deployability and made the powerstock longer, and put in a piece of [k26] or something.
But this is pretty cool that you were able to do that while still keeping it collapsible.

#266393 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 February 2010 - 10:20 PM in Modifications

Wow, these ranges are great! I would recommend replacing the stock spring with a RFDG one if you have one. That increased the ranges on my Raider at least 10ft.
I can see this thing hitting mid 80s.

#263965 Rfdg Improvements

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 January 2010 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

I found a way to get around this whole etape dilemma. The E-tape kept slipping and ruining the seal.
I decided to get rid of the need for etape.
I cut down my plunger head like this
Posted Image
(I removed all the etape first)

I then took a small drill bit and made a hole in the end of the big plastic nub in the middle of the plunger head that keeps it on.

I then made a washer sandwich out of two 1 1/4 inch metal washers and a 1 1/2 rubber one. This makes a perfect seal with the LS plunger tube. Goop your sandwich together. Make sure the rubber washer is centered with the metal ones.
Posted Image
I then took the screw pictured and screwed the whole assembly together so it looks like this.
Posted Image

No ranges as of yet, but I would assume they are very good.

Note that no stress from the spring is being put on the washer sandwich. If you wanted to eliminate some deadspace and elongate the plunger stroke, you probably could, but use legit tapping bits. This screw in the drilled hole will only work if there is no stress on it.

#263821 Rfdg Improvements

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2010 - 04:13 PM in Modifications

Well, I made a mistake. You need to sand down those ridges holding the PT in place a ton. My screw ports got stripped from the stress of holding the shell together, so definitely do that if anyone is attempting this.

EDIT: Priming is smoother if you sand down the ridges on the top of the hooded rotation piece, the one that will be touching the PT. This isn't necsessary, but it makes putting the gun back together a lot easier.

#263809 Rfdg Improvements

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2010 - 01:04 PM in Modifications

thats pretty cool. Never thought of anything like that. Do you have pictures of the new PT in the shell? I would be interested to see how well it fits.

It's a tad tight, but all the moving parts work well. I'll try to get you a picture. If you cut it down to precisely 4 7/8, there should be no problem. It is a little tight in the shell, so I sanded down the ridges that hold the stock one in place a little. Everything works fine.

#263791 Rfdg Improvements

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2010 - 11:25 AM in Modifications

Disclaimer: Deaddumpster did this before me, but never posted a write-up or explictly told anyone how to do it. I got the idea from him, but the write-up is original as far as I know.

This modification will make your ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun (often referred to as the Doomsayer) shoot harder and further than before.

Materials needed:
-LS plunger tube
-Stock RFDG plunger tube
-Hacksaw/Dremel
-Sandpaper
-Measuring tape
-BBB arrow
-PVC/ABS transition cement

Take the plunger tube out of your RFDG and cut it down like so. Ignore the green thing at the end, that is my plunger tube/turret sealer.
Posted Image

Now, take your stock LS plunger tube and sand off those ridges and that nub that keep it in the LS. Cut it down to 4 7/8 inches.
Posted Image

Now, take your sandpaper and sand out your desired front end of the LS plunger tube. The bit you cut off your RFDG plunger tube needs to fit in there. It won't without a bit of sanding.
PIC

The parts should fit nicely together like this:
Posted Image

Next, take your piece of BBB arrow (thin piece) and glue it into the front of your RFDG plunger tube bit like so. Make a hole for the air to get through. That serves as plunger padding, and it's much easier to add it now.
Posted Image

Next, cement the two together using this stuff:
Posted Image
Your RFDG should fit together with minimal sanding of the ridges keeping the PT in place. I wrapped a shitton of electrical tape around my RFDG plunger head to get it to fit, but if you have tapping bits, I would tap a hole in the end of the RFDG plunger rod and use a LS plunger head replacement. Your RFDG should be shooting considerably farther now. Mine with a stock/BBB spring gets similar ranges to FA_24's that had the stock PT and an extra spring in there. This is easier to prime, and gets similar ranges.

#263592 Soothsayer Is In The Hospital

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 January 2010 - 08:48 PM in Off Topic

I really think it's hilarious that someone would pay hundreds of dollars to get a small, questionable high, and end up degrading themselves as they take in more and more of the shit. Weed and alcohol (in large amounts to the latter) are not very productive or recreational, more of just some shit that's taboo in the media as the "cool" thing to do. What Soothsayer did makes him a giant idiot, and really I'm quite pitiful of what his life will turn out to be.

I'm sorry, but I have to correct you here. Some weed will not run you hundreds of dollars unless you are buying large amounts, which I don't think sooth did. Just because he smoked a little weed or drank a little alcohol does NOT mean that his life will turn out to be shit. Don't feel sorry for him because he does things that go against what they tell you in grade school, feel sorry for him because he fell on the stairs.
I don't think this thread was intended to lecture people about how doing weed is bad and that their lives will be shit because they smoked a joint or two.

Sorry to hear you got hurt sooth, hope you get better soon. (Ps: I think that was the point of people apart from sooth's GF posting in this thread: TO WISH HIM WELL)

#263438 Massacre 5

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 January 2010 - 07:06 PM in Nerf Wars

The date was finalized on our Canadian Nerfers site. It is the 6th.

#263384 Big Bad Bow - Replaced Internals

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 January 2010 - 07:29 AM in Homemades

I'm really impressed, I LOVE IT. I hope it arrives today.
I am gonna slap a bitchin PJ on this. I don't think that I have any guns that punch through cardboard at 5ft, let alone 15.
For the record, Zorn is a great person to do a contract with. His pricing seems reasonable (I traded for this, so I may not be the best judge) and as you can see from the photos, his work with homemades is top notch. I am honestly speecheless to see how much work went into it. More than was let on in PMs.

#263180 I Wanna Mix It Up A Bit.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 January 2010 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

Though they are discontinued, I would recommend an ERTL PAS. You can still get them on Amazon.com. for less than 40$. Those are a step up from the reverse plunger guns, and are formidable primaries. They aren't all that easy to mod, but if you have 11 recons (raider/recon same difference) under your belt, it should be a breeze. If you are really looking for a challenge, try a RFDG (doomsayer), also made by ERTL. This is MUCH harder, many people (including me) have tried and failed to make one. They are banned at many wars. It's more of a "because I can" type of thing.

Big blasts are 10$ and 100ft shooters after 10 minutes of modification.

#262910 The First Look At The Tetrastrike

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 January 2010 - 08:01 AM in General Nerf

Dude13 says that they are very slightly smaller than 2k tanks. Think SM750.

#262796 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 January 2010 - 10:42 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

My RFDG. PERFECT plunger tube/turret seal. To do this, I dipped the end of the plunger tube in boling water and ripped out the rubber stock seal and gooped a ring from a foam disk shooter ammo thing to the plunger tube.
BBB+Stock springs. The bar going down the middle was replaced with threaded rod and two nuts, thus doing away with the need for pushnut fasteners, which I can't find near me. 3 rear loading holes, upgraded trigger springs etc. Gooped the rotation gears together.
10 inch CPVC barrels, drilled out with a 1/2 inch bit. Fits Rona/CT foam very nicely.
The white things on the side are ammo holders, right next to the rear-loading holes to make it faster to load.
Ranges: 93-97ft flat shooting 12 shots. Pretty consistent.

#261595 Doomsayer Turret Issue

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2010 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

If Bob's idea doesn't work, try sticking the entire base of the thing in boiling water for about 10 seconds. That won't damage the plastic, but it will do away with any glue. Also, the plunger head, at least on mine that I got a few days ago, is also solvent welded on. A few smacks with a hammer got it off, but put it in boiling water first, or you just might break something you don't want to.

#260675 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 January 2010 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

I don't think it specifically says "thinwall" on it, but I use Genova Flowguard brand CPVC. It has a larger inside diameter than other types I've tried. I find it at Lowe's.

Chances are, it will not be labeled as thinwall, yeah. You just have to test it. It might depend on what kind of drill bit you use too, perhaps the drill bit I used was not the best one for the job.

You need to use one of the lower end 1/2 inch bits, not the ones that are wavy. Yes, the wavy ones are MUCH easier to use, but they really cut up the inside of the CPVC, to the point where it starts hurting ranges and accuracy.

You want one that looks like This and not one that looks like this.

#260602 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 January 2010 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

I just tried Cheezy's advice on the CPVC, it worked great. No uneveness. I can now make a CPVC RFDG that actually works with foam I have.
Now time to go drill out 12 10 inch long pieces. Joy.

#259709 Berserker Fusion! Daikaiju!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 December 2009 - 02:47 PM in Modifications

The problem with flexible connections on the outlet of any firing port is that they're ... flexible. When the blaster fires, it will absorb part of the energy.

I think he is reffering to the straw mod on the mav: Putting it inside the plunger tube, in this case the CPVC. Wrapping it in tape a bunch of times and gooping it into the cpvc connections might improve ranges.
I really like this, I hope beserkers come to Canada soon.

As for the pump, just do like Rork does with his decrapified MMs. The pump can be in the same place.

Just for clarification, you pump the gun, cycle the shotgun style grip at the front, and then fire?

BS: added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole momentarily

#259496 Best Way To Seal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2009 - 04:33 PM in Homemades

Hot glue won't EVER cut it. It may seal for a bit, but it isn't meant to hold pressure and will weaken over time. Goop is my sealant of choice, but epoxy works too. Vinyl tubing will bond to almost all nerf plastics with pvc/abs solvent weld. That shit won't EVER come off. Be sure to sand down the parts you are epoxying tho. Don't do that, and the epoxy probably won't work.

#259150 Just A Few Random Questions.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 December 2009 - 07:48 AM in Modifications

Yes, 17/32 in PETG will work just as well. Don't make your barrel 1ft long though. I see a lot of crossbows with that and it's just excessive, and probably hurting ranges. Stick to 8-9 inches.

#258882 Improving The Seal On Your Rear Loading 1500

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2009 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

I've already done Tantum's fix, so that's fine. Thank you very much for posting this, it has helped me a lot.
This makes rear-loading 1500s and 2ks a breeze. I will finish my 2k next.

#258853 Improving The Seal On Your Rear Loading 1500

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2009 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

I have not, but I'll try the sanding after this stuff cures.

Yeah, that's why it's not working. If you look at the front half, the epoxy is at the same height as the upper rim, which is above the barrels. There is also the thickness of the epoxy to consider. Do tantum's fix and you should be in business. It isn't hard, only takes 15 minutes + drying time. To better comprehend what was happeing, I took a stock back half, and tried it with my epoxied front half. Gears did not meet.

EDIT: SOmething I did that I forgot to mention.... I filled the areas needed with epoxy first, and then slapped it down on the wax paper. That should make it less prone to caving in.

#258849 Improving The Seal On Your Rear Loading 1500

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2009 - 02:07 PM in Modifications

I had similar issues. Sand down the epoxy a tad, add some silicone lube. Also, don't shove the penny down into the rotation mech, just shove it down enough to hold in place. This will allow very little epoxy to get inside.

EDIT: Merz: Have you done Tantum's fix of the rotation mech? That should also help.

#258833 Rear-loading 1500 Probs.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 13 December 2009 - 09:53 AM in Modifications

Well, I am probably gonna have to try an improvised version of ChefDave's because I already have barrels in there. I think that if I put FBR in there, it should not be hard to poke out. I don't have a belt or palm sander, so the epoxy putty method would be risky.
Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.
MSDFS

#258784 Rear-loading 1500 Probs.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 December 2009 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

This mod is driving me nuts. I have been working on a rear-loading 1500 off and on for about 3 months now. I can't get the washers to seal with the flat hot glue surface on the back of the turret. I have tried everyting. I filled the space in between the barrels with hot glue, cut it flush with a razor blade. It is fine. I have tried washers, BBB arrows, micros cut down the middle and spread flat, nothing works. I always end up getting a seal that is worse than stock. I need a good seal because my darts are snug in PETG. I know many have pulled this off, so what did you do? I have searched, read every rear-loading 1500 thread, tried at least 5 different materials to make the seal. I'm out of ideas, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

#257806 Massacre 5

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 December 2009 - 08:21 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm probably down for either date. I will do my utmost best not to miss this one.

#257321 The Road To Apoc.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 November 2009 - 03:38 PM in General Nerf

Seriously though, why is there a coffee table full of junk food without explanation in the middle of the video? All I can come up with is that they don't have that stuff in Canada, but that just sounds ridiculous. That would be like if you told us they don't have White Castle in Canada.

We don't have White Castle in Canada. *tear*

There are a couple in maritimes... but not in Ontario *tear*

Whalaaaaaat? I have been to the maritimes several times and have NEVER seen a white castle. You can bet that I would order 6 slider specials fast if I found one.
Nice video, Angel, I hope I can go next year.

#257244 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 November 2009 - 01:44 PM in Off Topic

Raffica rocks. Best loser rifle that I have unlocked is still the Barrett. The intervention just looks wierd, and the WA2000 is just an underpowered, lower recoil Barrett that you NEED to get an upper body shot to kill with.
ACR is beastly, it's a M4 on drugs. UMP45 is great, it's what I use. It kills in 3 bullets with stopping power.
The AUG is basically an assault rifle, it should not be in the LMG category. The only shotgun I have unlocked that I actually use is the striker. 12 shots, semi auto. No competiton.

#256620 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 07:40 PM in Off Topic

I'm going to go play some MW2 TDM in the next few minutes... ANyone wanna play? Add me my GT Is IPWNOOBZ.

I have some friends who are obsessed with L4D, and sound a lot like cheez up there. It is not that awesome. You guys really need to play nazi zombies. Much better.

#256593 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 03:18 PM in Off Topic

The FAL seems to be a cross between the G3 and M14 in COD4. It has almost no recoil, like the G3, but usually kills in 2 upper body shots, like the M14. I keep consistently getting 20+ kills a match now with it, averaging 5-6 headshots with a silencer only. I think I'm hooked.
Talio: About your hit but no kill problem: Don't EVER just pull the trigger once. Tap it a bunch of times, even before your reticle confirms you got a hit. I usually tap the trigger 3-4 times in rapid succession, as default. I know that even if half of those hit the guy, he's down.

The TAR is overpowered. It has the same damage as a SCAR with much higher ROF and clip size.
I can't wait until I unlock the AUG HBAR next level, because apparently you can still see your heartbeat sensor while you are sprinting: A real advantage for those who use the HBS.

EDIT: Something that really pisses me off is that they did not get rid of the super overpowered M16. I mean, a ton of people who clearly used it in COD4 are just going back to it, with the same suckish results. I never used it much in COD4, I found it really cheap. The FAMAS is NOT just another M16. M16 kills in one burst almost no matter what, even if you land 2/3 bullets on target. You need to get ALL of them on target with the FAMAS, with stopping power to get a kill. It's much more balanced this way.

#256561 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 07:53 AM in Off Topic

I am noticing less and less camping now. The fact is, you get what is probably the best sn1per rifle in the game right off the bat, so a lot of people use it. Most people wait to get the AUG HBAR or the TAR 21 before they really start playing outwardly and not camping. Now that people have had the game longer, less people are grabbing their Barrett .50 cal and hiding around shooting with it, because they have unlocked guns that are really easy to get a shit ton of kills with.
I love the FAL. I don't care if it's semiauto, that iron sight ENCOURAGES headshots. I got 30 kills with it my first game, 11 of those being headshots. I have digital for it now, almost urban. The SCAR with a Silencer and a Heartbeat sensor with urban looks awesome.

#256159 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 November 2009 - 10:20 PM in Off Topic

I agree, camping on the XB360 is ridiculous. I mean, half the enemy team is camping, and there is no way to get anywhere near them, as they have sentrys, claymores and about 5 other campers scoping in every direction. This went on for at least half a game, and the only way for it to end was some guy getting a care package with an AC130 in it, and dealing with them that way.

BTW: IF anyone has reached level 23 and has not yet tried out the G18, go smack yourself. I swear to God, it's my favorite gun in the game. I seriously use it as a primary, and my Mp5 as a backup. It's a beast silenced.

#256120 Just Toys 1992 Crossbow.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 November 2009 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

I would stick some PVC in that T at the end of the plunger tube, and prime it by stepping on that with both feet, and pulling the whole blaster upwards. Kinda hard to do running, but it could be done that the PVC isn't long enough to interfere with priming it with your hands.

This is sick, but I would replace the handle with a LSFG one. Looks mighty small.

#255982 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 November 2009 - 04:03 PM in Off Topic

I'll agree with Talio, the SCAR-H is fucking awesome. I am working on silencer for it, and I'm gonna bling it with a holographic once I unlock that. The MP5K with the attachement that increases the ROF is almost unstoppable at close range with stopping power. It just owns, plain and simple. One dissapointement was the Intervention. I originally thought it would own all, and it did.... Without a silencer. The silencer makes it dead quiet, but it kills the damage. I landed some full chest hits with it at medium range (not enough to get longshot once I killed them) and it took 2 shots. Needless to say, I removed the silencer, but if you wanna be really stealthy and still own, use the Barrett .50 cal. I had much better results with that. M4 sights, as Talio said, are much better this time 'round. I used it for a bit, but I prefered the SCAR in the end.

I like the maps better, they seem like they will be much harder to memorize. The maps in COD4 and WaW were really too simple. Favela is really a maze, good luck remembering where all the good spots are on that map.

#255919 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 November 2009 - 09:01 PM in Off Topic

I got it, it owns, nuff said. I am on XBL, my gamertag is IPWNOOBZ.
I love the Intervention, it is so damn powerful. I shot a guy through both sides of a train car.

#255405 Lb Pump Relocation

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 05 November 2009 - 05:08 PM in Modifications

Not bad at all. A couple months ago, I aquired a pumpless LB, so I did something along the lines of this. I then switched it back to having the pump in the grip, because I was worried it would break. I used a BS pump.

Tip: A BS pump makes a good replacement for LBs, as it has no check valve. The LB tank (s) have a check valve built in, so a pump with a check valve isn't necessary. Good use for all those busted pumps all of us have lying around. 10 pumps with a BS pump got me 60-75ft with my LB.

#255168 Red Strike Series?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 November 2009 - 07:54 AM in General Nerf

A bit of a correction: We are not drawn to these red recons, in fact, no one that I know and nerf with on a regular basis bought one. Why? They are 5$ more than regular recons.

This red strike stuff is pretty cool.. Not just because it's our nation's color, just because it looks awesome. I hope that they come out with a red NF, a red LS.

The colors are a little tacky though. The red recons that I have seen in stores have orange clips. This kinda clashes with the color. Yellow looks much better. I wonder why they phased those out.

#254850 Airtech 3000 Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 October 2009 - 06:14 AM in Modifications

I have some craft foam, so I'll give that a try. Thanks Cheezy.

EDIT: Use a section cut from a BBB arrow. That worked perfectly for me, mine now has a perfect seal and is hitting 110ft flat.

#254833 Airtech 3000 Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 October 2009 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

I'm having a little trouble with the seal. The washers (which are 1/8 in thickness) are not making a good seal with the tank. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I could not find any washers with a different thickness.

#254712 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 October 2009 - 03:58 PM in General Nerf

Nah, definitely not a reshelled Recon. If you look at the priming system and at the back of thegun, there is no where for the back of the reverse plunger to come out of, no tube covering it. It would not be uncovered, as that has proven to be a safety hazard. I think LS internals are probable, though they only claimed the LS hit 30ft, so maybe the PT is bigger, spring is better etc....
I like the look of this.