gordon's Content

There have been 37 items by gordon (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#69756 Secret Shot

Posted by gordon on 23 December 2005 - 03:07 PM in Modifications

Alright. I have never seen a write-up for a Secret Shot like this one. In fact, I have never heard of anyone doing this modification. However, I am very pleased with its results. Unfortunately, I supported the front barell with glue connecting it to the front of the shell. Also, the screws are very old and I have opened/closed it enough already so the screws are beginning to become stripped. Therefore, I can't open the gun for internal pictures. It is almost impossible to understand without close up internal pictures so here is a MS Paint drawing that you can refer to for various steps: http://i17.photobuck...ndom/SS1mod.jpg

First, Open the gun as always. No picture here but it is easy to find pictures of Secret Shot internals.

Next, there is a spring inside the tube leading to the bottom barell like the one in the X-bow tubing. I used a cut and bent coathanger to fish it out. I guess that gives it a smoother air flow.

Now, the important stuff... the barells. I used a hack saw to cut off the air-constricting poles leaving the round orange base and all the small studs on it.

I can't tell you the exact lengths for my barells. I use dart lengths instead of inches. The front one is about 3/4" 17/32 brass nested in about 3 & 1/2" 9/16 brass. The bottom (handle) barell is about 3/4" 17/32 brass and about 2 & 1/4" 9/16 brass. Attach the brass to the base of the old barell using the studs to automatically ensure that it is perfectly straight.

Now, to get the barells back in you will need to clean up the shell. Both barrels have two pieces holding them in place. Since your new barells won't fit anymore, you will need to remove the front piece. Now use hot glue to attach the orange bases to the piece of the shell we left.

I glued a lot of stuff in place for support. Close the gun when you are finished. Add some slots for rubber bands at the front of the case. http://i17.photobuck...Random/SS16.jpg
I constructed from a piece of coathanger a little thing to hold the rubber bands down away from the barell switcher so the bands don't push it back up every time you switch to the hidden barrell. http://i17.photobuck...Random/SS15.jpg
That's about it. The only problem is that it takes like 8 or 10 seconds to load the bottom barell because it sits way down inside the case. http://i17.photobuck...Random/SS12.jpg
I plan to add some dremelled out CPVC to help the loading process. Here are a couple external pictures:
http://i17.photobuck...Random/SS14.jpg
http://i17.photobuck...Random/SS11.jpg

The ranges were wierd. Without bands it was like a stock AT2k when the darts actually do leave the barell. With bands, the front barell got around 50 feet flat and the bottom barell got around 45 feet flat. Those bands were old too, with fresh ones I am sure it could get farther. I love this gun. I want to get another one and single barell it and another one and do the three-barell revolver. Trips Secret Shots. That would be awesome to nerf with.

#69752 Open Letter To New Members And Admins

Posted by gordon on 23 December 2005 - 11:29 AM in General Nerf

I checked this place after a few days of ignoring it and the entire recent posts list was people I'd never seen before. Four or five of them too, not just one overeager bitch.

Conclusion? Shit, I dunno.

Ah, is it Christmas holiday break for the young 'uns already?

It's seasonal. Like the common cold, it's a bitch, full of boogers 'n snot, but with time and some patience, it goes away. It just takes some endurance, some clean up, and a beer or three.

That said, I stopped drinking. Again.

...if you don't have anything important to say then don't say anything at all.  Thats mainly why I only have like 100 posts in like 4 months.

Yeah, that's why I only have like 300-something posts in about 3 years. Yeah.

-Piney-

Exactly. I entered the forums as an annoying noob last Christmas, and started coming back this Christmas. Ya know what, I'll probably ignore the forums in January once school starts, then come back next Christmas. But, this year I have tried to post less crap, and I am about to actually make a contribution with a mod write-up for a Secret Shot. I don't think anyone has ever written one like it. Anyway, back to the point. Some noobs are helpless, these I guess are under the age limmit. But, for me, nice guys like you, Uriel, and Falcon are what got me set straight. What we need is less helpless noobs, less flaming older members, and less useless posting. Wait, if we need less useless posting, then why did I type this? I didn't even read all the comments after the posted thread before commenting. Oh well, some things never change. :P :D

#69321 Secret Shot

Posted by gordon on 15 December 2005 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

No... I don't think I said that. Three barrel mods are very possible. There are write-ups everywhere. Just drill out the "false" whole in the triangle switcher part, seal the "hidden" barrel to that whole, and cut a piece out of the straight part of the clear tupe that leads to where the old barell used to be. Cut off the remaining part of the clear tubing, and seal your straight piece back on. I learned that from Falcon's sight so props to him. But very possible, I don't think I ever gave the impression that it wasn't? Anyway, I got mine in today and I have already begun the mod it. The brass fits nicely over the original barell stup pieces. It will be so much easier to seal that a NF it's not even funny. The spring is nice too. And there are actually two springs. There are two main problems. There is no way that you can widen the air path more than the width of your mouse cord. Also, the seal between the rotating barell piece and the plunger is rediculously poor. The plunger tube is huge though. I am gonna get a really strong replacement spring eventually and inforce the crap out of this gun. It has great potential. If you single barelled it, I would say it could get 80 ft or more. But, like I said earlier, single barelling a gimmicky gun is poinless. You want to keep the gimmick, or at least take advantage of its individuality in some way like the 3-barell revolver.

#69262 Secret Shot

Posted by gordon on 15 December 2005 - 12:26 AM in Modifications

You guys aren't getting it. Give the guy some credit, he is not a retard. He knows what a barell replacement is and how to use stefans with them. He is asking if it can be done on this specific gun. This is a good question too because if you look at the internals of a SS1, you will see that it would be very difficult to seal a replacement barrel to the plunger because of the restricters. I purchased one on ebay a while ago and have been waiting forever for it to come in. I was planning on replacing both of the barells while still in their original positions. I would dremmel/file out bigger holes in the restricers first, and then use lots of hot glue and e-tape to try to seal it straight. Also, If you want to do the three barell revolver mod, then the answer to your original question is no, you can't mod the gun to shoot stefans(or make the barell go around the dart instead of into it, as you like to say).

EDIT: If you want to single barell it straight to the plunger like you said, just remove all the pieces in between the barell and the plunger, then take out the hidden barell because it is now useless, since your seal is direct. You can make the hole in the plunger larger (if necessary) with a round file and/or dremmel. If some restricters are necessary like on a NF, then file/dremmel them out. Glue your barell to the plunger and secure it with e-tape. You just have to try to make it as straight as possible. It will work, don't worry. But it is not the best mod for the gun. Single-barelling a gimick-gun is pointless. You should do the old 3-barell regular dart mod or try what I am attempting.

#69193 New (i Think) Homemade Concepts

Posted by gordon on 14 December 2005 - 10:31 AM in Homemades

Really? They work for me. What is wrong with them? Do you get something like "THIS PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" when you click on the links or something? Photobucket has always worked in the past.

#69178 New (i Think) Homemade Concepts

Posted by gordon on 14 December 2005 - 12:51 AM in Homemades

Alright. I did these quickly and I was really tired by the third one (as you will be able to tell). You should be able to figure most of it out without a key. The green is the barell the dart comes out of. Dark blue is the tank segments or barell housings of the same size. Light blue are end caps, couplers, and such. The red things are ball valves. The crazy stuff on the handles show that they are covered in insulation and wrapped in e-tape. Pink arrows mean that the segment would be longer to make room for the trigger system. There is nothing new really, they are designs that should be somewhat more comfortable and convenient than your avereage, everyday homemade.

This first one is pretty basic and shows my trigger idea. You drill a whole in the ball valve trigger. You attach a ring to the pvc on the underside a few inches in front of the handle. Feed something like a unfolded paperclip or some of that saudering stuff through this rind and connect a trigger ring to the original ball valve trigger. This makes it just like a trigger on an integration gun. The hole in the ball valve trigger would be moved closer to the center so you could move your finger less and turn the valve more quickly.

http://i17.photobuck...9/nerfhome1.jpg

The idea of this gun is to have a more rifle-like feel. The insulation makes a wider grip for a hand under the barell that would be more comfortable and hopefully more accurate than plain 1" or 1/2" inch PVC.

http://i17.photobuck...9/nerfhome2.jpg

This last one is my best idea in my opinion. It is a pistol. It uses a small bicycle pump (can be found made by Schwinn at Target) e-taped under the barrel. The arrows point to where it would be taped. The hose is attached to the tire valve just like it would be if you pumping up normal home-mades. This could allow it to be used in a war (if not banned), but it would probably take too long to prime and I wouldn't use it anyway. If you could somehow make the air tank a smaller, different segment from the handle, and feed vynal tubing connecting the bike valve to the air tank, it would be quicker to prime. I can draw it this way too if requested.

http://i17.photobuck...9/nerfhome3.jpg

Well I'm sure most of this has been thought up before anyway. If my pictures are too sloppy I can do them over upon request when I am not so tired. I will try to do these eventually- probably in the summer when I have more free time. I posted my idea before I made it (which I know you guys don't like) just because I hated to hold back my ideas from you masters o' de blasters. If you are unsure about what something represents, have a question, want to call me a noob, complain about my grammar, or want to flame me in some other way, please leave a comment.

Close up of trigger:
http://i17.photobuck...erfhometrig.jpg

#69034 Crossfire And "new" Tech Target Available Online

Posted by gordon on 11 December 2005 - 02:16 PM in General Nerf

On ebay I found this:

http://i17.photobuck..._09/newnerf.jpg

Like I said it was from ebay so I can't take credit. I know I can't post listings not from myself but at least I only included the picture. These are part of the dart tag line apparently and they are nite finders. What I am hoping is that they have the original spring. However, since I (opinion based without solid proof) see nothing good coming out of this line, I predict the springs will be even weaker than the EX3. Wait, that shouldn't be capitalized... ex3.

#50860 Does Anybody Else Play Runescape?

Posted by gordon on 28 March 2005 - 01:36 PM in Off Topic

I would pk all you in like 3 hits. I had a level 70+ account named Elvesrock that got stolen. He had full run plate, rune kite, rune battle axe, and dragon amulet. Luckily, I sold my members stuff and went back to regular (because I was going to be gone all summer and couldn't play) before it got stolen. So, I stole someone else's account who was like level 67 and could catch and cook lobsters. He ended up getting his account back. His name was Master Asia1. I quit Runescape because it consumed a dangerous amount of my life. I mean all day every day not stop obsession. If I ever get my first account back, I might start playing again.

#49903 My Next Big Project

Posted by gordon on 17 March 2005 - 07:06 PM in Homemades

This is something I have thought about. You may or may not want to try it. It would be like number 2... but both air tanks would be the same size and there would just be one gigantic pump that pumps both tanks at the same time through split vinal tubing. Then, each is fired individually. It is kinda like a SF.

#47005 Does Anyone Play Tactics?

Posted by gordon on 07 February 2005 - 09:46 PM in Off Topic

Yeah. Awsome game. i was gonna be a paying member but I ended up quiting due to Nerf. I know a cheat. In order to make clones and play yourself so you automatically win, press ctrl+n. It brings up a new screen! Then you can just make clones and keep surrendering them. I got up to level 1130 that way. I had three pyromancers.

#46917 Superbowl Pick

Posted by gordon on 05 February 2005 - 01:50 PM in Off Topic

What is the point of this? Everybody knows the Eagles are gonna blow the Patriots all the way to Memphis! :w00t:
A better poll would be will Coke or pepsi win in the commercials. I would say pepsi will have better commercials, but Coke is still 150 billion times better. ;)
I like axaggerating, abusing the smileys, and mispelling words way to much in this reply!

#46909 Big Salvo/at2k Integration

Posted by gordon on 05 February 2005 - 10:28 AM in Modifications

Oops. Sorry I forgot to mention that I don't have any PETG and don't have any access to any (unless anybody on here would sell me some). I already knew all the stuff about single barreling, key rings, and where to put the pumps. All I want to know is what kind of barrel material should I use on the AT2K and what kind should I use on the Big Salvo?

#46906 Big Salvo/at2k Integration

Posted by gordon on 05 February 2005 - 03:08 AM in Modifications

My basic idea is to have an awsome pointman weapon. It will be a loser/assault rifle. The Big Salvo, I understand, is a great assault rifle and I just purchased one. It would be cool to integrate an AT2K on top of it as a loser rifle. I tried this thread on NHQ but I really think you guys can do better. What type of barrels should I use on the Big Salvo and the AT2K valve? Thanks.

Gordon

#45786 Help With Manta Ray

Posted by gordon on 09 January 2005 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

Can I buy your Manta Ray? I don't need the barrels or the plungers. So you can integrate those into another gun. I just need the shell and trigger system. Thanks.

Gordon

#45485 Xbow Help

Posted by gordon on 05 January 2005 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

All a crayola barrels is is just a brass replacement

#45350 Your Mission, If You Choose To Accept It.

Posted by gordon on 02 January 2005 - 02:40 PM in Homemades

I have had an idea to mod a gun based on a home-made clip. The clip would be a lot of miniature pvc barrels or brass or whatever you wanna use. Just line the them up and glue them together or whatever. Anyway it would work like this:

The little barrels in the clip (which are loaded with darts) connect the plunger mechanism to the real barrel. So basically you have like a split barrel and one part gets removed and replaced. You would have to find a way to attach the end part of the barrel to the gun without ataching it to the plunger, and a way to ensure air-flow would not be lost through through spaces between the plunger, clip, and barrel. Just a thought. Maybe you guys can work on it a bit. And you would also need a way to move the barrel (which shouldn't be to hard to figure out).

#45314 Mavrics

Posted by gordon on 01 January 2005 - 08:52 PM in General Nerf

Anybody know if the Target in Memphis, Tennessee would have Mavericks?

---EDIT *By the way I will buy a Maverick from anyone with access to one.* EDIT---

#45270 The General, General, New Player Guide

Posted by gordon on 01 January 2005 - 04:00 AM in General Nerf

Thirst just dissed Shadownerf out of the forum. Props to Thirst. Shadownerf go hide in a hole... for the rest of your life. For those of you who don't know (I am asuming all of you are in this catagory) I am a cross-country runner on the state champion team. And the ultimate diss amung the 1337 runners is "Your face."

Best example:
Guy one in argument: You are gay!
Guy two in argument: Your mom is gay!
Random guy running up: Your face is gay!
Everybody around: Oh he dissed you! You just lost your talking privilage. Heck you just lost your living in public privilage.

Wow this is way off topic. Dang I am doing terrible with my new years resolution.

#45225 Wars In Mississippi

Posted by gordon on 31 December 2004 - 02:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Is anybody on this forum from Mississippi or the just Southeast? Do you know of any wars in Mississippi or justthe Southeast? Is there any way I can find wars taking place in Mississippi or just the Southeast, like a website or something? Thanks.

Gordon

#45198 Bbb Mods

Posted by gordon on 31 December 2004 - 01:42 AM in Modifications

MattPaintballer owned on that one. If you want you can see the ultimate online dispute between me and some sophomore, you are welcome to. You would have to trace it through my sight at www.xanga.com/gordon09 . It's a blog and you would have to go back through a lot of dates and stuff so I wouldn't do it. But it was like a flame war. Only not really flamming and it was very intellegent.

#45197 Whats Your Favorite Line Of Nerf Guns?

Posted by gordon on 31 December 2004 - 01:14 AM in General Nerf

:( I know this is off topic but it would be dumb to start a new thread but it has to be said. NERFHQ IS GONE!!! Maybe it is just temporary or maybe my computer is messed up. But a window pops up saying the website could not be found. I tried it again and again but it didn't work. I wonder if it shuts off after a certain time and that is why I can't access it. I wouldn't think so though.

gordon

---EDIT *Hurray it is working agian!!!* EDIT---

#45194 Suggestions

Posted by gordon on 31 December 2004 - 01:06 AM in General Nerf

I have never actually used the ss2. I just think it looks retarded. There are better guns out there so I am not going to waste my time or money on one.

#45171 Crayola Barrels

Posted by gordon on 30 December 2004 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

If you crayola barrel basically anything but a pistol, you need to add 1/2'' pvc over it. I thought all you guys new that. That helps the accuracy on higher power guns that need longer barrels. But my point was can you make ball shooting guns shoot stefans with a crayola barrel? Can you make high-powered missle shooting guns shoot stefans with a crayola barrel?

#45163 Forum Question

Posted by gordon on 30 December 2004 - 07:33 PM in General Nerf

yeah that was pretty stupid huh? I wish I could just delete this.

#45160 Forum Question

Posted by gordon on 30 December 2004 - 06:57 PM in General Nerf

How do you change your email adress in your profile?

#45156 Bbb Mods

Posted by gordon on 30 December 2004 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

I think he might have ment micros.

#45054 Suggestions

Posted by gordon on 29 December 2004 - 10:23 AM in General Nerf

I meant Split Fire. And I am not a big fan of the Secret Shots. And thanks, DUce. We'll see if we can cut out a deal.

#45042 Suggestions

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 11:47 PM in General Nerf

Fido, just completely remove the tubing leading from the plunger mechanism to the barrel. Then, add a brass barrel (or crayola barrel as I would do) directly to the plunger mechanism. Add bout a foot of 1/2" PVC over the brass (or crayola) barrel. Add some rubber bands and you are good to go. not that hard. Oh yeah you might would have to cut a hole for the new barrel. By the way you wouldn't consider selling yours to me would you?

#45038 Suggestions

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 10:57 PM in General Nerf

ebay crossbows are far from sold out but they are darn expensive. about the split shot... if i can get one, should I?

#45033 Suggestions

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 09:17 PM in General Nerf

Ok I think I found a good combination. Crossbow, Nightfinder, Airtech 200. Does that sound good. It is really hard to find a Maxshot considering I searched and can't even find a picture of one. So I will just get a Crossbow instead... plus the Crossbow really looks like a loser rifle. And what about the split shots? I saw a lot of people in the videos with those.

#45029 Suggestions

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 08:54 PM in General Nerf

Most of those guns seem very new. Are the new guns really better than the classics like the lock and load and stuff like that?

#45026 Suggestions

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 08:41 PM in General Nerf

I am terribly sorry to post my FOURTH FRIKEN NEW COMMENT IN TWO DAYS, but i have discovered that i have been going about this ALL WRONG. I would delete my other posts if I could and if someone knows how please tell me. I didn't think editing a previous post would do since previous visitors would most likely just overlook it. I guess if I am starting out I should ask others for suggestions. Now I am looking to mod every gun I buy because that will be half the fun. So what guns do you suggest i buy. I am definately looking to buy a crossbow. So what else do I need to get as far as pistols and other large guns go? Oh and if you know where to get these guns you suggest or have some you would sell me, I would love that too. Thank you for your help and I am completely sorry for not doing this sooner and just filling up the sight with crap. Please forgive me.

Gordon

#45024 Crayola Barrels

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

well i dont want to fool with all the different sizes and lengths of brass. and besides i got a pack of markers in my backpack right now. and of corse you can breech with crayola barrels. though i probably would just use a stick to stuff 'em down instead of breeching. i would rather use crayola barrel rather than brass. just my opinion. if i dont like it i can take it out and replace with brass anyway. thanks again for your help.

Gordon

#45019 Crayola Barrels

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

I apologize (spell check) for posting so many new topics but I am just starting out and I am very curious. I just love the concept of marker barreling because it is simple and easy to obtain the materials required. Also because they shoot micros, or even better stefan micros. I know they can transform guns that shoot megas. But i wondered if you can modify guns that shoot balls or missels with crayola barrels so the ammo is more reallistic. For instance, could you use a crayola and pvc breech mod on a Titan to make it shoot micros? Could you modify a Ballzooka with crayola barrels to shoot multiple micros? Are there virtually no limits? Thank you for your help.

Gordon

#45004 An Idea For Nerf Wars

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 12:03 PM in General Nerf

The Gateraid idea just gave me a sweet idea. You could fill them up with little foam balls. Then, when a bunker is taking your team out, remove the top and hurl it behind the cover. It would have the effect of a gernade. I doubt many wars would allow them, though. But still a good idea.

#44983 Mod Question

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 03:59 AM in Modifications

finally found a picture of the double crossbow. on ebay they only showed the box. turns out it is nothing like the regular crossbow so my idea would not work. however it would be sweet to do a crossbow mod that i just came up with. you could use parts from a multibarrel gun that has previously been single barrel modified. take the barrel system from the old gun and cut off the barrels close to the disc part. then glue some the thin ends of some crayola barrels to the stubs where the old barrels where. then add pcv pipe over the crayola barrels. find a way to rotate the barrels while keeping them sealed tightly to the plunger system and you are in business. i dont know exactly how you would do it but somebody should definately try it.

gordon

#44978 Mod Question

Posted by gordon on 28 December 2004 - 02:04 AM in Modifications

i am starting out as i specified in trading section. crossbows are pretty rare and expensive from what i hear but i keep seeing double crossbows all over ebay. at http://denoffoam.tripod.com/id1.html i found a mod for a crossbow and for a way to shotgun modify the sharpshooter II. could you combine these mods on the double crossbow or does anybody know? thanks for your help

GORDON :D