He Who Mods's Content

There have been 95 items by He Who Mods (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#343649 Double SnapBow

Posted by He Who Mods on 20 December 2014 - 10:11 PM in Homemades

I think that could be the problem, but am not sure of a solution for it. I have tried using a 1.5 inch fender washer with a 3/8 ID for my seal,which fixes my problem of the slow plunger rod; but it only gets a 40% seal and does not fire a dart. I have no access to large hardware store here in Hong Kong and my hardware stores do not carry fender washers, is there any other way of centring the plunger rod?

Hey F man 47, glad you liked the design! Sorry about the late reply, I have slowed down with nerfing and only occasionally check the forums. As said before, I am almost sure a centered plunger rod is your problem. The best way I was able to center mine was by re-drilling the hole in the 3/4" end cap so that it is perfectly centered. I also made sure the CPVC "U" shape was perfectly level. If the centered plunger is your problem, that explains why the seal isn't 100% too. Hope that helped!

#341114 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 09 August 2014 - 11:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry, running a little late. Be there by 12;15ish. If you are there just wait by the tree we unloaded at last year.

#341111 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 09 August 2014 - 09:45 AM in Nerf Wars

UPDATE!: AS OF NOW THE WAR IS STILL HAPPENING. I WILL UPDATE YOU AGAIN IF IT IS RAINING. If you are coming make sure to bring an umbrella just in case though.

#340728 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 27 July 2014 - 07:56 PM in Nerf Wars

did not know how close (area) it was to Il. Make a set date then i can give you a for sure answer. Sunday the 10th sounds like itd work for me

Sorry, enough people voted for the 9th. If you can still come that would be great though!

#340635 August nerf; IL??

Posted by He Who Mods on 22 July 2014 - 06:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Or if you can, Peoria is about a three hour drive to St.Louis for this war SLANE 3

#340633 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 22 July 2014 - 06:27 PM in Nerf Wars

It's on the 9th? Damn can't make it then. Next year let's try and have this sometime during the middle of summer if we can.

Agreed, if it helps, we could maybe think about the war being on the 10th since so many people can't work with the 9th.

#340462 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 16 July 2014 - 11:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't make the 2nd and Kane can't make the 9th, so looks like we're out for this one.

Alright man, maybe next year I could head up to one of yours or vice versa. Thanks for the offer!

#340386 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 15 July 2014 - 01:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. Expect me to bring 1-5 people. My people aren't in to modding however and I don't have any primaries to loan them. Could I ask someone to bring a couple loaners with them?

I'm pretty much finished with modding, so I'll be bringing a bunch of junk and looking to sell all of it.

Great! I have a few loaners but they may be used by my friends that are coming so it would help if some more people could bring some loaners. I would be happy to take some of your junk off your hands(especially the 5k pistol).

#340373 2014 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 09:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Month of Event: August

[http://nerfhaven.com...topic=25176]9th [MO] SLANE 3[/url]

#340372 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 09:04 PM in Nerf Wars

You guys know im there! Already got it on my calender. I actually just pulled all my blasters from my moms place and had about 3 hours of blasting with my baby sister. Her NiteFinder skills are wicked! Ill be working on a ton of stuff tonight and will have a load to unload. Cant wait!

Haha, I hope we don't have to compete with your sister! Glad you can make it and if you still have that 1.5K from way back when I am still interested.

Not sure about either still need to check on both.

Ok cool, hope you can make it!

#340366 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 07:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be able to make it on august 9th. July 25-31 I will be out of town so if the date ends up getting moved, the weekend of the 25th will be no good for me. Other than that im open for anything. So count me as going. I hope Ryan and Kane comes. I'd like to have Ryan look at my plusbow and see if he knows what issue its having. I'm only getting about 70-80 feet out of it, and it doesnt want to hopper reliably with slugs.

Great! The 9th is pretty much the set date since it works with most people and I doubt I can do the second. Can't wait to see everyone there! Plus I want to see the new plusbow (bad pun).

#340363 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 03:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe.

Will do, hope you can make it! What date are you looking at? I would prefer the 9th since I am not too sure if I can on the 2nd.

#340357 Missouri Nerf Time

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 01:50 PM in Nerf Wars

First time on the forums in months, but im trying to see what we have in the works for Slane 3! Been messing with some blasters since moving again and ready to get things going.

I hope you can make it this year!!!

Kane and I are probably game, but you know, get something planned.

Wow, I am your biggest fans hahaha. It's here(link)

Sorry to Mindlord for taking his war, but I wanted to make sure it was going to happen. If Mindlord wants to host, then he will do so since it is his war.

#340356 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 01:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Hello and Welcome to SLANE 3!!!!!!! (St. Louis Annual Nerfing Event)

Date:August 9th
Time: 12pm-5 or 6pm (depends on mood)

GOOGLE MAP

View this map with a detailed legend in a larger window.

What to Bring

-At least 1 primary and 1 secondary (don't worry if you don't have lots of fancy blasters. We had lots of guys using stock blasters last year and they had a blast)
-loaners if you have extra primaries or extra darts
-Darts, I would suggest 150-200, there will be dart sweeps
-Sunscreen. We don't want any sunburns.
-Eye Protection. Mandatory for all ages
-Melee Weapons
-Money and items for trade. (optional)
-a raffle item (optional)
-Water
-A friend (or lots of friends)

What NOT to Bring

-black, camo, or realistic looking blasters
-Glue domes
-Singled Titans, Ridiculously powered blasters
-Homemade Air Cannons (sorry Azrael)
-Alcohol/Drugs

Game Types

-Death Match
-Defend/ Offend the Core
-CTF/ Carpe
-Wingman
-Freezetag
-Many more TBD
Attendees:
Me + 3-5
Xenial
Azrael
Shanaynay + 1-5(needs loaners!)
Maybes:
Joe Espinoza
Don't forget to eat beforehand! Alright guys, that's it. Hopefully we can get a good 15 or so people!!

#339952 Mayhem 3.5

Posted by He Who Mods on 02 July 2014 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, all these years of wanting to go and of course, I am busy. Sorry to see this war go to an end, wish I could have made at least one of them.

#339542 Double SnapBow

Posted by He Who Mods on 13 June 2014 - 02:30 PM in Homemades

Nope, go ahead and use this, its all yours. The Photoshop file is actually to scale completely, I could give you a link if you pm me. If you don't have Photoshop, GIMP is a free version that's not nearly as good, but will get the job done for templates, and I have that type of file too. Glad I could be of some help here.

Thanks man, the template will really help.

Sorry about the wait for version 2.0 of the double snap. I am planning ideas but summer has been super busy with getting ready for school and sports and all of that, which is why I couldn't make the contest deadline. I hope to produce a write up sometime by the end of July, but until then, feel free to post your improvements and versions you made to help other members make a better blaster.

#339191 Bullpup Variant Writeup

Posted by He Who Mods on 27 May 2014 - 11:00 AM in Homemades

Great write-up. I remember seeing this on youtube almost a year ago and now it is finally here!

#338904 TR-27 GRYPHON - CR-18 Rapidstrike Mod

Posted by He Who Mods on 12 May 2014 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

Wow. Probably the most in-depth overview/writeup I have ever seen. The blaster is awesome too. Hope we can see more things from you soon!!!

#338823 Missouri Nerf Time

Posted by He Who Mods on 09 May 2014 - 05:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Great, can't wait! This year looks pretty promising!

#338700 Missouri Nerf Time

Posted by He Who Mods on 05 May 2014 - 05:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Hello everyone, sorry to necro the thread, but it must be done.

In order to host SLANE 3 (the biggest Missouri war ever to have happened), we need to find a date that satisfies everyone. In order to do that, please post dates you ARE NOT able to participate for the war, which will be on a weekend. If you are not comfortable posting dates in the thread, PM either myself or Shanaynay to let us know. I hope we can get a huge turnout this year and can't wait! Thanks!

#338699 Double SnapBow

Posted by He Who Mods on 05 May 2014 - 05:21 PM in Homemades

I know this thread hasn't had a post in a few weeks, and wouldn't try to revive it but I felt like this should be added. I saw that his Word document was kind of vague and only included the bottom pipe, so I made a bit nicer one in Photoshop for my own template because I would like to make one, and made a few minor altercations to the stock of it. I hope this isn't seen by the mods as posting in a dead thread.Posted Image

Wow, thanks. Currently myself and another member are working on version 2 of the double snap which will be easier to build and be much more efficient. Do you mind if we use this diagram in the second one?

Would like to hear how this worked out.

Not at all, that's a great contribution to the thread.

To He Who Mods, I'd really like to see you update this writeup now that you've had a chance to play with this blaster. I think if you gave it another revision, with a new inexperienced nerfer in mind as your audience, it would go a long way towards the criteria for the homemade contest. If I were in your place, I would try rebuilding it from raw materials and flesh out the steps you glossed over a bit. You could also incorporate bhajj's diagram or something like it. You could even try making printable templates that can be taped onto the blaster to show where to cut. In any case this is a great design and I'm looking forward to taking a crack at it myself.

Edit: I'm not sure this is a valid entry for the plusbow class. The materials and required tools would suggest that this is more of a snap entry.

Don't worry Langley, update will be out soon once finals are over. It will be much easier to follow, be cheaper, and have a super efficient design. I will edit this into the SNAP category and expect an update in the next month. Thanks for everyone's support and feel free to keep posting your ideas and designs for the Double Snap.

#338359 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 20 April 2014 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

Alright guys, currently, we have about two to three weeks until our first episode and still have only 2-3 pieces of footage. We really need some footage of you showing off your blasters, fighting in wars, reviewing products, giving tutorials, or whatever you feel like you should upload. The first episode will be a compilation of footage but hopefully each following week we can focus on one topic. Please donate footage and leave a comment if you do! Thanks again!

Also, what should the next episode focus on?

mods
homemades
a particular blaster
wars
darts
other

#338328 What Happened to NerfRev?

Posted by He Who Mods on 19 April 2014 - 10:47 PM in General Nerf

I did send Vincent an email the other week, hopefully he gets back to me. My hope is, if they've truly given up the ghost, that we could host a read-only archive of NRev somewhere (since there is a lot of unique content over there).

Yah, it is a real shame the NRev collapsed. Much of Louice3 and many other's work is now lost forever. If the site is recovered. We could possibly post a read-only version in a forum, merging it with NH. On the bright side, now that NRev is down, nerfers aren't separated and now everyone has their ideas on one website.

#338272 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 16 April 2014 - 11:31 PM in General Nerf

Thanks Zorn! I can't wait for the channel and hope everyone will give plenty of footage for the first video!

#338257 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 15 April 2014 - 10:22 PM in General Nerf

INTRO VIDEO UP!!!!! Check it out and subscribe!!!

#338062 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 05 April 2014 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Alright guys, now that I have finally finished all the planning, we really need some footage. If you want to contribute, leave a comment in this topic explaining what it is and put it on the drop box link. Thanks again guys!

#338057 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by He Who Mods on 05 April 2014 - 05:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Awww, I probably won't be able to make this one. I have nothing scheduled that day but I get Confirmed that Sunday. Put me down as an unlikely maybe.

#338039 A new app-integrated dart for NERF blasters

Posted by He Who Mods on 04 April 2014 - 03:30 PM in General Nerf

Also, I noticed the rifled darts in the intro of the video. Finally someone with the brains to rifle a Nerf dart. That's a total face palm. I can't believe nobody's tried that before. You probably get a few hundred feet from the triad that way.

I think that chanimail man did this once. He is a member on nerfrevolution. video (here)
By the way, I like the idea of the app, it hasn't really been done before.

#337995 Next GA Nerf War

Posted by He Who Mods on 02 April 2014 - 03:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I usually take all footage and make it into a war video for my channel.

I know, I was just wondering if we could have some footage to and then link you and modman in the description. By the way, your war videos and war trailers are amazing.

#337974 Reliably Hoppering Silicone Darts

Posted by He Who Mods on 01 April 2014 - 08:11 PM in Darts and Barrels

Wow haha, a year or two of ideas and time consuming wyes and all you had to do was flip the dart around. Is there a decrease in range? Since the dart has to use some extra energy and spin in the air (being less aerodynamic) I would expect a slight range difference, but not a very impressive one.

#337929 Next GA Nerf War

Posted by He Who Mods on 31 March 2014 - 04:51 PM in Nerf Wars

It's a shame about NRev. Well, as I said on that thread, I will be attending. However, my Dad will not be coming. Hopefully our new means of getting war footage and pictures will be sufficient. :D

You wouldn't happen to be able to send some war footage to the collaboration channel would you? link here

#337926 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 31 March 2014 - 04:16 PM in General Nerf

Glad you like it. Where can I find this magic dropbox exactly?

Haha, sorry I forgot to send you the link. P'Med

#337905 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 31 March 2014 - 06:49 AM in General Nerf

Nice nine, that looks awesome. Could you try and put it in the Dropbox?

#337885 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 30 March 2014 - 12:56 PM in General Nerf

A week or so ago was a discussion (link) on a collaborative youtube channel dedicated to spreading the NIC and showcasing mods, wars, homemade, ideas, and interviews. This topic will be dedicated to this channel and is where you can send us your videos to be put on the channel.

To send us footage, it must meet the requirements:
-HD video (at least 720p)
-Concise videos (must stay on topic, be pleasing to watch, not boring, stable footage)
-Professional quality (no long pauses, no obscene language, etc.)

The videos do not have to be edited, but they must be professional. If you choose not to edit footage you send in, please keep the video on topic and pleasing to watch.

To send us the video, you can use one of two ways:
1: EDIT!!!!! you don't need to send me your emai, I found an easier way. Drag your videos to the link here
2: leave a downloadable link for us in a response.

Once you have sent us footage, you give us permission to edit it in any way we choose, so if you don’t want us modifying your video on the channel, don’t send us your videos. Credit will be given to the creator of the video and we will give links to subscribe to the owner’s channel (unless the creator wants to be anonymous). Just because you send us your video does not mean it will be put on the channel. We will try to post everyone’s content, but if it does not meet the requirements, it will be ignored. If you sent us a video that met the requirements and was not featured on the channel, P’M either nine, Bchamp22795, or myself and we will try to work it out with you.

The video can be about anything nerf-related (war footage, reviews on new blasters, modifications, IN DEPTH tutorials, homemades, ideas and concepts, interviews with famous nerfers, podcasts, etc.) We hope to see lots of GOOD war footage, since the community is currently lacking this. If you contribute to the channel, we would like it if you subscribed and promoted the channel on your channel so we can get the word out more easily. The channel can be found HERE
We will try to subscribe to everyone that contributes or whom we feel deserves recognition in the nerf world. Thank you for all the support!

Tentative release for the intro video will be either Friday, May 2 or Tuesday, May 6.

#337872 Joint youtube channel

Posted by He Who Mods on 30 March 2014 - 10:28 AM in General Nerf

Ok. Thank you for clarifying. Also sorry for making a rant where I have absolutely no power...

It's fine man, I get what you were saying about the one-per-week episodes.

#337869 Joint youtube channel

Posted by He Who Mods on 30 March 2014 - 08:36 AM in General Nerf

I know you're running this and not me, but why put a bottleneck of one a week on it? I understand at least once a week, but you shouldn't limit it. When something good pops up just upload it! It's not TV where you have one day every week to show something

Each week a new episode will be produced but in between there may be shorter videos only reviewing one blaster or one war.

#337860 Joint youtube channel

Posted by He Who Mods on 29 March 2014 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

What if this joint youtube channel were to just simply feature everything nerf? For example, if we had different people doing different things. There could be one person for reviews about new guns, a person for mod guides, a person for homemades,etc. We could even have videos every now and then stating online deals on nerf. Many of these things could be done by a single person so that the channel would not get too many moderators. As stated before, we only want three or four max.

That is exactly what is happening.

The tentative date for the first video will be Friday, May 2nd. The videos will come out every week and will feature a new topic each episode. The details are currently being worked out but once finished, a new topic will be started. Thanks for all of the support!

#337829 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by He Who Mods on 29 March 2014 - 11:21 AM in Nerf Wars

If there is any of the good ol' days footage it would be practically unwatchable. Our site used to be on the archive.org wayback machine but I can't get to it anymore.

I think I still have some of the footage from the first apoc somewhere. It's pretty bad.

Ok, I figured the footage wouldn't be too good, thanks for the offer! Langley I think I saw some APOC footage on your youtube channel from a looong time ago, but it may have been another war.

#337827 Why do slug darts need to be made with washers?

Posted by He Who Mods on 29 March 2014 - 11:16 AM in Darts and Barrels

So, I have been making slugs for a couple of years now, I started off using washers and now use ball bearings, but these types of darts are not normally allowed at wars. The first washers I got were #8 washers and it was very hard to get a dart without exposed metal, so I switched over to #6 washers. These, albeit not giving much exposed metal, were too light and didn't shoot good distances. So I switched over to these: http://www.mcmaster....6455k74/=razl3l , and no these are not glue domes, they have felt over them. These give me no exposed metal, good weight, and are safer than washer slugs. So my question is why do people not allow them at wars if they are, in my opinion, safer that traditional slugs?

Wow, I have never really thought of that. I think from now on I will make darts this way. The BB in the middle would also make dart making 10000 times easier since you don't need to burn a giant hole in them.

#337806 Joint youtube channel

Posted by He Who Mods on 28 March 2014 - 03:23 PM in General Nerf

Well I appear to be joining this conversation late. Guess that's what happens when you take a hiatus.
Anyways, I am definitely interested in this joint youtube channel. However, due to my ego-centric nature I would also want to run my own youtube channel like I am now, (albeit I don't upload much)
If you guys would be interested in a 3D printer segment, where I would show off custom parts I would be working on for projects I would be more than willing to do something like that when I have material available, and when I fix my current printer and or get my new one.

Also I'll be announcing this officially later, but the 3D Printed Wye project is going public, I'll go more in depth later, but the main reason is that I'm bored of wyes and I can't get the design to work effectively.

Edit: I would obviously be more than happy to promo the channel when it goes live. I have just passed around 400 subs, and I know it's not really that much, but I would like to help in any way I can.

Thanks a ton Kronos, I love your channel and would love your help. A 3D printing episode will come some time later in the future and I will contact you then.