Captain's Content

There have been 705 items by Captain (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#290271 New "sonic Series"

Posted by Captain on 06 December 2010 - 04:49 PM in General Nerf

I kind of like these. I wanted to buy another Nitefinder anyway, so this is an option. I'm sad that my clear NF didn't come with red darts though, I wanted some.

Excitement aside, this really is just another color gimmick to sell more blasters. I feel like Hasbro should just put more effort into coloring them to begin with rather than changing it (but of course they probably just care about sales, so the more the merrier for them). I do agree that a color other than green would be cooler. Transparent red would be sweet.

#288752 Nerf Q&a

Posted by Captain on 22 November 2010 - 10:05 PM in General Nerf

I gotta say, what nerf is putting out now is a mixed bag for me. The stampede is cool, but not having something as simple as a manual fire mode (like the vulcan) just killed it for me. The Barrel Break is a lot of fun and I enjoy it, and I'd like to get a Spectre. I like that it's less chunky than the maverick, and that it fixes the maverick's issues (putting the rail ahead of the slide instead of on it, cylinder rotation on priming rather than on trigger pull).

Ultimately, I think they need to focus their efforts on blaster performance. My Alpha trooper's stock range is pitiful. The recon and raider also sucked out of the box. The deploy seems to be a bit more capable, but the reverse plunger is so underpowered. I got a clear nitefinder and it's stock range is excellent. I want to see more of that.

#285552 Nerf Barricade - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by Captain on 16 September 2010 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

Does anyone else notice the recent battery power trend?

Yes, and I don't like it. The Vulcan was fine, because it had a manual fire mode. You didn't need the batteries if you didn't want them. But the barricade and stampede both require batteries to work at all. What good is that? Obviously the barricade is a flywheel gun and wouldn't work otherwise, but I see no reason why the Stampede shouldn't have had a bolt for single shots.

#284185 Barricade Rev-10

Posted by Captain on 28 August 2010 - 08:15 AM in General Nerf

I don't want to have to use batteries in these new blasters. One of the selling points of the supersoaker and Nerf lines were that they didn't require batteries. Give me an air pump over a power switch any day, I don't want a blaster that operates exclusively on batteries. The vulcan had a manual fire option at least. The stampede should have had that too.

#282456 Is The Nerf Tactical Vest Worth The $30?

Posted by Captain on 08 August 2010 - 09:05 AM in General Nerf

guess i'll just leave that to all the nerf youtubers who will be making their 10 minute long speeches while wearing their tactical vests. :)

Don't even joke like that.

If there's one thing I hate, it's clicking on a review video hoping to get some bits of information, only to find that it's in the range of 10 minutes long. Who would sit through that?

#276847 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by Captain on 04 June 2010 - 09:46 PM in News

Did anyone else notice that all three of the officially revealed blasters have the same kid on their boxes?

I did just notice that now, but only when the pictures were side-by-side on the NH front page. Seems odd to me...

#276540 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by Captain on 31 May 2010 - 10:06 PM in News

Seven7h Man, that's a good point.

However, I still feel like Hasbro would just use a reverse plunger anyway, because that seems like their favorite thing to do. Because I guess it's easier and cheaper for them, even though Nerf is a top selling brand and they should be able to spare some money for quality.

I am hoping for a traditional plunger setup, because that's the way it should be. Reverse plungers are only okay if the barrel is nested completely in the plunger like in the Eliminators or the Scout, so there is no dead space.

#275985 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by Captain on 25 May 2010 - 08:44 PM in News

Woah! It's a break action shotgun! And it's small! Sawn-off shotguns anyone?

I am actually excited about this. One time I had a thought:
"What if Nerf made a small double-barrel shotgun, like the Doubleshot only better/smaller?"
And then this happened. Out of nowhere. This looks pretty neat.

The rail clip ammo holder seems useful, and if nothing else cool looking. I wonder when this one's being released? Possibly alongside the Alpha-Trooper...

Thanks, Hasbro!

\/\/--Echnalaid, I feel like if it's called the Break Barrel it should load from the rear of the barrels. The barrels look too long to load from the front anyway. However, with the heads of the darts being larger the bodies, and the guaranteed presence of AR's, I can't imagine how it'd be loaded.

#275180 N-strike Alpha Trooper Cs-18

Posted by Captain on 18 May 2010 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

Well...it's a pump-action recon. The Rapid Fire means nothing to me because I never found it useful in the Raider. Meh.

In any case, it's nice of the guys at hasbro to give us the first info. In this case it's not necessarily useful because I really only had to look at the Alpha Trooper to see what it was. I look forward to more releases regardless.

#274045 Product And Material Safety Awareness

Posted by Captain on 04 May 2010 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

I feel like anyone with half a brain wouldn't have to worry about 1st gen Recons without the plunger shroud. I don't mean to offend anyone when I say that, because hey. Accidents do happen. All I know is I never had that problem, nor did I have reason to worry.

#271013 Amazon And Nerf

Posted by Captain on 01 April 2010 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

What I don't get is how they expect to sell the things at those prices. Unless someone is clueless, they probably wouldn't pay that much.

#271006 Amazon And Nerf

Posted by Captain on 01 April 2010 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

I had noticed it before, but only recently did I realize how bad it is. I see a lot of Nerf guns on Amazon that are priced way over what they should be.

I became frustrated when I tried to find a website to buy an Atom Blaster, and found only Amazon actually had any. There is only 1 for sale there, and it's priced at 59.99. That's completely ridiculous for something that retailed for around 5-6 dollars. The Amazon seller is here: http://www.amazon.co...2N6N&rh=&page=1
Most of the stuff they sell is also overpriced.

While the Atom Blaster is discontinued, and it would make some sense for it to be more expensive than original retail, 59.99 is just way too much. There are plenty of current products that are also priced unfairly.

So, I would like to discuss this. Does anyone know why this is? You won't believe how hard it is to find Atom Blasters...

#270208 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Captain on 24 March 2010 - 04:14 PM in Modifications

It looks like the plunger pull ring hits the back of the gun before the head hits the end of the plunger. If that is what happens, that will likely cause durability problems.

Anyway, amazing job with this. It should fetch some serious dough.

#269543 Nerf Big Blast

Posted by Captain on 18 March 2010 - 06:07 PM in General Nerf

They said the 9-9-10 blaster would be something totally different and new, but...well, I don't really trust that. They're just hyping it up.

The name is not only generic, but it's been used already by Buzz Bee! I mean, seriously? Who's the one in charge of naming the new blasters?

The way I see it, this new blaster probably won't be all that and a bag of chips. It's battery powered for one thing, which I don't like at all. It's another clip system gun from the sound of it (or at least, from the mission kit associated with it). This all just seems boring and it's probably going to make for a mediocre gun.

The guys at Hasbro are probably pretty pissed now that the secret's out. Anyone who cares about this gun and has internet access will know all about it by the time it's "unveiled." I can at least chuckle at that.

#268225 N-strike Magazines

Posted by Captain on 06 March 2010 - 09:48 AM in Modifications

This could be neat if it works, but I think there would only be space to fit 1 extra.

The worst part with the clips is that I have several and the strength of their springs varies a lot, and one has a really strong spring that tends to squash darts if it's left loaded. My original longshot and recon clips are great because the springs have been worn and they don't put unnecessary force on the darts.

#266022 2010 Toy Fair Video (nerf Booth)

Posted by Captain on 19 February 2010 - 05:58 PM in General Nerf

I think you guys are overreacting. Those look to be ammo holders as Lion said, not actual darts (they wouldn't put the darts in the holders for the package). However, the camo bag seems silly since everything else Nerf makes is orange, yellow, etc.

#265114 Needs Advice For A Crazy Plan.

Posted by Captain on 11 February 2010 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

I don't know if you've ever played Fallout 3, but the top handle looks similar in shape to an Alien Disintigrator from that game. ( http://fallout.wikia...n_Disintegrator ) Just a thought.

#265015 Can You Attach A Firefly Clip To A Maverick

Posted by Captain on 10 February 2010 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

If you want a maverick with more shots, the Furyfire is basically just that, only it has 10 shots. You could minimize a Furyfire to make it smaller and it'd be just as good as a maverick with a Firefly turret, with less hassle.

#264581 Ratchetblast Assistance?

Posted by Captain on 07 February 2010 - 09:34 AM in Modifications

One handed cocking is not recommended. I've heard that you can easily break the plunger rod by doing that, so I'd be weary.

#264164 Your Late Model Ballgun, And How To Make Her Awesome!

Posted by Captain on 02 February 2010 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

I had a funny feeling that this thread was going to devolve in to testicle humor. I'm SO happy that's not the case!

Testicle humor? Like any of us would have the balls to try that, with such strict administration.

Anyway, awesome job. I always loved how my Buzzsaw made the balls float across the air and go pretty long distances, but I hated the noise.

#264096 Mod Of The Decade

Posted by Captain on 01 February 2010 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

Well at least some people can learn from this. I've personally made a resolve not to do any drugs (though I'll probably encounter them down the road sometime). I don't want anything to do with them, I'll likely be happier that way. Maybe it's silly sounding, but eh.

#263101 The First Look At The Tetrastrike

Posted by Captain on 25 January 2010 - 12:06 PM in General Nerf

I'm pumped to get this gun (pun intended). It's a somewhat fresh idea and actually looks useful. Thanks for the pictures.

#262258 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by Captain on 18 January 2010 - 11:42 AM in General Nerf

In agreement with dizzyduck, I highly suggest that everyone take a few minutes to read this article.

While I certainly don't acknowledge the continuation of this argument, I felt that everyone involved should be aware of preceding events.

That's actually really interesting. I hope we'll see some different stuff in the future.

It seems weird though, how he said that pressurized air blasters didn't have as much modding potential.

#262063 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by Captain on 16 January 2010 - 07:52 PM in General Nerf

Bourbon raises some interesting points. While our impact on Hasbro's sales seems negligible, I still feel like we should try to get through to Hasbro somehow. Maybe we could actually do something, but certainly not if everyone just says "screw that, it's not going to work."

#261852 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by Captain on 14 January 2010 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

It's good to see that the opening mechanism isn't powered electronically. I didn't think it made sense otherwise.

#261597 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by Captain on 12 January 2010 - 04:35 PM in General Nerf

The exact same plunger size as the Recon? Man, what a disappointment.

I mean, I wasn't expecting greatness or anything, but this is worse than I thought.

#261259 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by Captain on 09 January 2010 - 12:43 PM in General Nerf

It's not terribly informative, but I found this video from a kid who has the Longstrike.

#260871 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by Captain on 05 January 2010 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

Interesting, on that list the Longstrike is named the Redshift instead. Why couldn't they have colored it red rather than blue and named the retail version the Redshift? It's less confusing for everyone that way.

So, where did you find the pictures? Someone seems to have acquired and unboxed it, maybe they could be contacted?

Where does it say redshift? Maybe Im blind but where do you see that?

In cheesypiza001's link to the list of N-strike Elite blasters.

#260864 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by Captain on 05 January 2010 - 10:29 PM in General Nerf

Interesting, on that list the Longstrike is named the Redshift instead. Why couldn't they have colored it red rather than blue and named the retail version the Redshift? It's less confusing for everyone that way.

So, where did you find the pictures? Someone seems to have acquired and unboxed it, maybe they could be contacted?

#260860 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by Captain on 05 January 2010 - 10:20 PM in General Nerf

I feel that if the folding mechanism was electric, the electronics would take up too much space. I'd much prefer a manual mechanism, it would probably be faster and quieter that way.

#260786 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by Captain on 05 January 2010 - 05:18 PM in General Nerf

Well guys, I don't know about this. At best it looks to be the same setup as a recon or raider with a slightly bigger plunger (to account for increase in range claims on the box).

I don't know about anyone else, but I've lost faith. It seems whoever is running the nerf brand at hasbro doesn't care about the things we want (as we are a minority) and I don't think we're going to see any new blasters that we'd consider good.

#259335 Funny Video

Posted by Captain on 18 December 2009 - 11:00 PM in General Nerf

It may be funny, but after a minute the novelty wears off. After that it's just mind-numbingly boring...this happens way too much on youtube. :[

#259113 Remote Control Battle

Posted by Captain on 15 December 2009 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

Awesome, dude. You're pretty much going to win because that was WAY better than the other entries. I will cast my vote for you.

Well this is rather embarrassing. I can't figure out how to vote...

#257065 Ballzooka Mp150

Posted by Captain on 22 November 2009 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

Incredible. I'm curious to see it in action, do you have the equipment to take a video of you firing it?

And from the looks of it, you sanded the shell for a paint job, right? What color(s) will you paint it?

#256139 Just Toys 1992 Crossbow.

Posted by Captain on 12 November 2009 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Wasn't there only one of those on Amazon? Those are pretty rare...I always get sad when people chop up oldies, but it's not my decision to make.

In any case, good job with the mod.

#255045 How To Resurrect A Crossbow

Posted by Captain on 31 October 2009 - 11:23 PM in Homemades

I was actually looking at my crossbow the other day and I wondered if anyone had sawed the stock off of theirs. Looking at the one you bought, I can see it just makes it uglier.

Anyway, good job making it better than it was. Nice work especially on the stock.

#254864 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by Captain on 29 October 2009 - 03:37 PM in General Nerf

That front barrel piece definitely looks removable. I say that is certain, it makes sense and looks the part for sure.

#254092 Planning On N-force Swords Mods

Posted by Captain on 20 October 2009 - 05:13 PM in General Nerf

Think about this. If you want to mod a blaster like the Recon, you will not learn anything to prepare yourself by modding swords (what would you do with a sword, anyway? Most mods would probably just make it less safe) because they are two entirely different things.

#251824 Tommy 20, Good Buy?

Posted by Captain on 27 September 2009 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

They're not fantastic, but if you still want one I will sell you mine for cheap. PM me if you're interested.

#251764 So I Removed The Ar's On My Raider.

Posted by Captain on 26 September 2009 - 08:00 PM in Modifications

Yeah yeah, I figured it'd be a bad idea to barrel the whole thing. Well thanks for your help everyone, I'll try to get this unfortunate thing fixed soon.