Zilthai's Content

There have been 12 items by Zilthai (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#333556 N.A.M.O.S.

Posted by Zilthai on 29 August 2013 - 11:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

Sunday, September 15th at Greenfield Park - Park Dr, West Allis, WI 53227 (Across the lot from picnic area #3)

This is not your standard event. This is designed to be for some light HvZ/Rising/LARP combat practice/training as well.
So, many of those rules will apply - Safety orientation is mandatory before playing.

What to bring:
+ Stock and/or lightly modded blasters
+ At least one pistol for pistol rounds - 6rnd magazines may be used for magazine fed blasters instead.
+ Stock ammo strongly suggested - As this is the first event ever, our community bucket will be weak at best.
+ Melee weapons - Standard boffer construction rules apply. All weapons will be safety inspected before being allowed on the field and disallowed if deemed unsafe.
+ Eye protection is mandatory
+ Money and/or blasters to trade
+ Plenty of water (or whatever you prefer) is strongly suggested
+ Snacks and/or lunch
+ Appropriate clothing... or inappropriate clothing... or dress as an Anime character... We really don't care.

What to leave at home:
- Homemade and/or overpowered blasters
- Slugs/Stefans/Glue domes or stock darts modified to hurt more
- Blasters painted all black, silver, or any form of camouflage that looks too "realistic"
- Bad attitudes
- Kids younger than 13 years of age unless accompanied by an adult
- Real weapons

...more information to come shortly.

#332491 Duk Da Funk Down 4

Posted by Zilthai on 30 July 2013 - 04:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Despite my lack of a homemade blaster of any kind, I'll probably swing by if I can walk...

Hell, maybe even if I can't but have new boffers to show off.

#331847 Automatic NERF Vulcan Sentry

Posted by Zilthai on 12 July 2013 - 04:58 PM in Off Topic

I was actually thinking about doing this. Nothing better to do with all the Vulcans that we have here at work. I was just talking to the IT guy to see if we can run them through the wifi.

#331450 M.A.N.O. 2013 Summer series 3/7

Posted by Zilthai on 01 July 2013 - 09:24 AM in Nerf Wars

That was awesome... Thanks for making Dave and I feel so welcome.

I'll try to bring more people next time.

#331449 NUCLEAR

Posted by Zilthai on 01 July 2013 - 09:02 AM in Nerf Wars

This sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to this event, but I may be able to send an emissary or two from my Rising LASH gaming group.

#331339 M.A.N.O. 2013 Summer series 3/7

Posted by Zilthai on 27 June 2013 - 05:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Basically, it boils down to if you get hit oddles of times with darts, it only takes one life off you. For rounds with lives, we play somehting like 3/15, in english, that means 3 lives and 15 second respawns where you can move around and reload. If this isn't doesn't answer your question, I can go further.

Ok, cool. As you have probably guessed, aside from running the skirmishes at work, I'm totally new to Nerf Wars.

I have another question. This one is about melee weapons. Just so you know where I'm coming from; I have been a member of a couple of Boffer-styled LARPS, as well as a safety officer in the local IFGS chapter back when it was still active. So I'm wondering what standards are often used when building weapons for Nerf events, and what standards should I be considering for your event? I have some designs that I would like to try out before a couple of "Rising" Zombie LASH games that I'm going to be in at GenCon in August. I don't want to assume that they will pass your safety inspections without knowing your standards.

#331327 M.A.N.O. 2013 Summer series 3/7

Posted by Zilthai on 27 June 2013 - 01:36 PM in Nerf Wars

~ West coast rule-set

So, where would I find a copy of these rules?

#331089 M.A.N.O. 2013 Summer series 3/7

Posted by Zilthai on 20 June 2013 - 03:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I live down the street. Since my girl is busy at her tabletop RPG on Sundays, maybe I could swing by.

Unfortunately, I'm still recovering from a pretty major surgery, so I can't really participate yet... Well maybe I could be a zombie. ;)
I would love to talk rules, mods, melee construction, and such with some locals if it's cool.

#329857 Elite Aplha Trooper CS-12, in US stores.

Posted by Zilthai on 15 May 2013 - 02:19 PM in General Nerf

Update in Delafield WI - So, I went back to the local Target at lunch today and this happened:

Posted Image

They didn't update the price tag on the shelf. So, I took a picture of it and grabbed two boxes. When they rang it up, it came up as $19.99 like it was supposed to. I told the lady at the register that it was marked $5.98 on the shelf, otherwise I would have grabbed cheaper blasters because they're just for cube wars at work. After some of the red-shirts ran around for a few minutes, that's what I paid. They have 2 left, but I'm sure that they have fixed the price by now. There is no way that would work a third time. :D

Social Engineering: Because there's no patch for stupid.

#329421 Elite Aplha Trooper CS-12, in US stores.

Posted by Zilthai on 06 May 2013 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

Well, the Target in Delafield Wisconsin has been cleaned out.
...And the prices have been updated.

#328753 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Zilthai on 14 April 2013 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

Well, I'm not positive if this is the perfect place to post this pic but:

Posted Image
Posted Image

The blasters didn't come out quite as planned. My primary is obviously the Alpha Trooper CS-18. It has the air restrictors removed and a tac-light mounted on the priming handle. I carry the Scout IX-3 in a homemade holster as a backup blaster. The Scout IX-3 has the air restrictors removed and tac-light integrated as well. It didn't show up at all in the picture but the blasters are actually two-tone matte-satin black-on-black. Black-on-gray would have looked a lot better. The silver "Z-Strike" and "NSR Solutions" logos are actually etched plastic that are glued on. I wanted to leave the barrels, triggers, and some other trim orange so that it didn't look too realistic. The sword and fire axes are standard LARP-styled boffers that I put together for a Rising LASH game last August as well.

#328752 DDFD3

Posted by Zilthai on 14 April 2013 - 06:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, thanks to Froedert Hospital messing up my hand while trying to rebuild my leg a few months back, I'm not going to be up for participating.

That being said: I wouldn't mind swinging by to do a little networking this time around. If there would be a good time window that day to chat with you guys let me know. My crew is gearing up for a Rising LASH in August and even-though an open field may not be the ideal training location, we could use all the practice and pointers as we can get.