WSU Cowboy's Content

There have been 59 items by WSU Cowboy (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#340239 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 10 July 2014 - 04:57 PM in Nerf Wars

So I got a +1 comin with me! Lookin forward to it, the 4k is unfortunately being broken down to be shipped off to Roboman for a secret infernal plan that will be seen at WANO next year (if it happens again), so I will have to go with my standard 3k and 2ks. Anyway, back on topic, I am looking forward to coming and bringin one more Coug with me!

#339799 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 26 June 2014 - 05:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I honestly don't know what that is. I assume it means everyone uses hilarious blasters rather than murder machines. If that is correct, no, I do not plan on doing that. I have considered stock rounds but frankly that's not something I'm really interested in. I suppose if everyone is incredibly excited about it we might be able to do a quickie but don't count on it even a little. And before anyone asks, we will never do a melee gametype. Ever.

haha I wasn't even gonna ask about the melee, personally I think it wouldn't be much fun. I just wondered if we would do a round where range is limited to something terrible just to see how goofy it would be. I am all for murder machines haha, I got my 4k for that.

#339734 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 23 June 2014 - 02:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Darts do seem to be a common issue here haha, I only got around 100 or so right now, I plan on making as many as possible but I aint a dart smith by any means... Hey Lizard, are we considering doing an awfuls round? I got a few blasters that i can bring if we do that. Just a thought :)

#339714 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 22 June 2014 - 10:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Lizard, I look forward to meeting you. I will probably be alone for this round, my buddies are busy with harvest (yes... Insert WSU farming joke here), so I'll make sure I wear all my WSU stuff to represent us noobs over in Pullman haha. I just graduated this year so I should be able to make it for any of the wars in the area, I am really excited to get to know everyone around here!

#339593 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 16 June 2014 - 05:15 AM in Nerf Wars

As long as I can get some time to make some proper slugs I should be able to make it and possibly bring a friend or two. Hope I can make it!!!

#339356 Wars in Seattle, WA area?

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 04 June 2014 - 05:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey everyone I am in the Seattle, WA area, I know we have a few people up here and there have been a few wars in the past, I was hoping to get out to a few wars if anyone is planning one. I just wanted to know if anyone was planning one.

#336745 blacklight responsive nerf

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 29 January 2014 - 07:13 PM in Modifications

As for the glow darts, I assume you mean the firefly tech darts. I have a clip for my rayven and I have to say, when they came out of the clip fully charged they looked fantastic under blacklight. But without the clip to charge them they were underwhelming. So, short of buying FFT clips for every blaster I have, I am hoping the zombie strike darts are vibrant enough to react well with the black lights. We are running 4 70watt fluorescent black lights in our living room and dining room, we have red lights to accent the rest of the house and we have a smoke machine showing up this Friday.

Ahhhh ok, I getcha I haven't actually seen how the whiteout or firefly tech darts work under blacklight, I just know how my white clothes act under them and assumed they would work as well. I hope you get this sorted out man, sounds like somethin cool!

#336743 blacklight responsive nerf

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 29 January 2014 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't white-out or the glow darts also react under a black light? Maybe I am missing the point here.

#336739 zombie strike crossfire singled coupler

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 29 January 2014 - 02:56 PM in Modifications

You should reinforce or replace the support from the plunger pull back rod and the actual plunger rod. People have been breaking theirs with spring replacements.

I can definitely see that happening, I would say some epoxy or epoxy putty would work, I really don't have much experience with this blaster (I expect to get some contact with it coming up in our next game of HvZ), but it looks to me like the priming handle and plunger rod could even be epoxied together for extra strength and still have the ability to remove them.

#336597 SSBow (Super Simple Bow) Write Up

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 22 January 2014 - 02:09 PM in Homemades

This reminds me a lot of NoM's Drac Bow. Very cool! I think what I like the most is the fact that this idea can be easily changed or modified (different lengths of bow arms or diameters of the arms) depending on who makes it. I may have to try this when I start to get into homemades!

#336472 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 13 January 2014 - 01:23 PM in Darts and Barrels

With one of roboman's turrets, it's not bad at all.

The reason I wouldn't use short barrels is that it won't be accurate, there'll be a lot of excess muzzle blast. The "unused" air will just throw the dart off course. I say unused because larger barrels are used so that way all the pumped air is used to accelerate a dart.

Not plugging the OPRV, even simply plugging it, but not pumping that much is an easy way to keep ranges normal.

I am using roboman's turrets on all of my 2ks, the only thing I am having issues with now is removing the front piece without destroying it. I did not know that the accuracy would be effected that drastically, that is good to know! Thank you for the advice!

#336440 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 10 January 2014 - 09:11 PM in Darts and Barrels

Im not trying to poo-poo your tactics as you probably know how you play better than I. But Id be worried about pumping time. Maybe put the 2k turret on the NF?

Not a bad idea, I do have an extra NF and extra 2K turret laying around.. I could try it. The main reason behind this whole thing was the fact that I have 4 AT2Ks layin around and I wanted to experiment with shorter barrels. I figured, "Why not try it, I have 4 of them, they are so small as it is so a short barrel would maintain that, and I love how older guns look." and thus is the reasoning behind the project so far. I appreciate the constructive criticism though, it keeps me thinking about what I really want to do with a project!

Rather than use a new barrel material, why not use the usual petg and don't plug the oprv?

That was my original idea, but I figured I would ask the community, there so much knowledge around here about these blasters, so I wanted to see what people would recommend. So far, my idea is holding out fairly well!

#336436 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 10 January 2014 - 08:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

If your using it in HvZ that means your using Elites/Streamlines. Therefore you should use brass. I don't remember the the dimention of brass so someone else will be able to tell you about that.

At WSU we still allow sefans (padded slugs only), simply because of the size of the games (only 100-200 people), so it is fairly easy to monitor people and know how responsible they are with their blasters. I really don't wanna start a safety flame here so I will leave it at that.

#336434 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 10 January 2014 - 08:13 PM in Darts and Barrels

Whatever material works best wih your darts. In general, PETG is better for airguns but that is only because it usually has a looser fit for stefans. Why short barrels? Part of what makes 2ks desirable is the fact you can hit big ranges with easy mods. That takes longer barrels though.

Thats what I was leaning towards, I have always used PETG with my AT#Ks. I am doing short barrels with one of these for a early game HvZ blaster for this coming semester. I don't need insane ranges for HvZ, I need to be able to stow it fairly quickly so I can get into buildings, and the shorter barrels will be nice for other closer combat or indoor games in my future. It should get longer ranges, have a higher RoF, and be more reliable than my current NF. At least that is what I am hoping.

#336432 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 10 January 2014 - 07:49 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hey everyone, I know I have been posting a lot lately (sorry about that), but I am starting a few new projects and have been having a lot of questions.

So to cut to the chase, I am making a short barreled (thinking about 4" barrels) rear loading AT2K. I was wondering, what materials would work the best for a short barreled application? I was debating between PETG and 17/32 brass. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#336398 Eastern WA nerf

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 09 January 2014 - 12:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Well throw me (or Alderson) a PM sometime, we both go to WSU and are in frequent contact with each other. We will gladly do what we can about helping get something going.

#336392 Eastern WA nerf

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 09 January 2014 - 12:54 AM in Nerf Wars

I and a bunch of guys from the WSU HvZ club that can join ya if ya wanna do one near Pullman!

EDIT:

I have been think of having a nerf war this spring

I live in Spokane so I was thinking of Cda to Davenport Deer Park to Pullman
do we have any Nerfers from this area

What kind of games do you wanna play and where. I have some places in mind

I have some guns and gear
Maybe we can make a team if I can find A few locals to fill it up

If you want I may be able to help organize it and set it up.

#336379 Splitfire

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 07 January 2014 - 02:10 AM in General Nerf

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification! I have only dealt with the standard tanks like in AT3Ks.

#336376 Splitfire

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 07 January 2014 - 01:09 AM in General Nerf

I have checked them out on the mod guide, and seen some modded on youtube, I would love to do one if I could get ahold of one! Do you mind if I ask what a back pressure tank is cheerios?

#336373 Splitfire

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 06 January 2014 - 10:07 PM in General Nerf

Hey everyone, I was looking into trying to find a splitfire, but before I posted in trading I wanted a little bit of background info on them. So the general info that I am looking for is such:

-major reliability issues
-what one would cost stock and modded today
-likes/dislikes about them in general (handle being comfy, usability, ease of modding, etc.)
-anything else I should know about them

Thanks everyone!

#336372 AT2K goo gauge removal

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 06 January 2014 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

I just reinforced my AT2K tank with fiberglass mesh and resin and epoxy putty. Was super easy to do, definitely consider doing it for the stock tank.

I may do this with my other two 2Ks I picked up from good will the other day, I am really hoping to mess with them a little and see how that goes.

#336368 AT2K goo gauge removal

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 06 January 2014 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

Thanks everyone! I will be sure to at least empty the goo gauge for the time being, at least until I get the metal tank, it will be eliminated completely once I do that anyway. The rest of the blaster is easy for me since I got the 3D printed turret from roboman. I appreciate the help from everyone!

#336332 AT2K goo gauge removal

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 05 January 2014 - 03:12 AM in Modifications

Honestly, removing the goo gauge isn't really all that necessary, at least in my experience. I was using stock tanks for quite a while, even after I started selling the aluminum ones, mostly because I couldn't keep up with demand and didn't have time to make one for myself. I think I drained one goo gauge out of the ~7 2Ks I've used in the last 5 years or so. Usually, other things tend to break or develop leaks before the goo gauge will, even if you're using it around 7 pumps like I usually do. If you do plug it, a hot glue plug will be more than adequate at 5-6 pumps.

Also, you may be able to get an aluminum tank sooner than I thought, and a better one than the ones I was selling previously, depending on when I get the quote back from the die casting company and how much a run of 100 part sets is. The new ones will have a #10-32 UNF female port on the back cap, so you can use standard tube fittings (like quick connects) instead of hose barbs that have all kinds of problems with leaks if you don't use a hose clamp. If it goes the way I'm hoping it will, I'll be posting in the next week or two with more details about that.

Thanks roboman! Do you know why they are so weak in the 3ks vs the 2ks? And I appreciate the input, I like the look of the goo gauge, so until I get the aluminum tank I will probably keep it around.

Also, I can't wait to see and try this thing out! I am super excited to see how the turret will work with the aluminum tank!

#336330 AT2K goo gauge removal

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 05 January 2014 - 01:17 AM in Modifications

Thank you! I think I will empty it and plug it until I replace the tank, I appreciate the help! So the plug will work with a plugged pump up to 5-6 pumps? Sorry if I am not understanding, I am just clarifying before I do it!

#336328 AT2K goo gauge removal

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 05 January 2014 - 12:35 AM in Modifications

So I am starting my first time modding the AT2K, I plan on getting an aluminum tank if roboman starts making them again, with a higher powered set up, what is everyone doing about the goo gauge? I have looked through the modification directory and saw the elimination and the blocking of the gauge, but I was wondering if there was any new ways of doing it or what people are doing now days. Thanks!

PS: As a little background info on the post, I have done a 3k before, so this isn't my first air gun.

#335971 SM3K dump valve

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 18 December 2013 - 12:58 AM in Modifications

So I just picked up a new style (blue) SM3K on my recent goodwill run, I was wondering if anyone had messed with the tank dump valve, it looks like there could be some room to hone it out a bit to get a bigger dump hole, has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance everyone!

#335845 Release of a New Type of Ammo??

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 07 December 2013 - 02:40 AM in General Nerf

Suction cup darts are quite accurate, cutting off the tip might actually harm accuracy more than it helps.

Interesting, I haven't ever used them in a high powered blaster before so I wouldn't know! I would love to try them both ways in my stage 3 retaliator!

#335841 Release of a New Type of Ammo??

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 06 December 2013 - 03:38 PM in General Nerf

I'm wondering if with these you could cut off the suction tip and have a solid tip elite. Without an air hole thy might be much more accurate.

Now THAT is an idea.... I may have to invest in this....

#335840 Lock n Load prices

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 06 December 2013 - 01:16 PM in General Nerf

I didn't intend to take the topic into a "Best pistol" discussion, that was more to give you an option that is comparable to the LnL without the high prices.

Thats what I figured you were doing :) I am sorry if that came off as being a little dick-ish. I appreciate the help!

#335822 Lock n Load prices

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 05 December 2013 - 04:06 PM in General Nerf

I'm personally a fan of the original tech-target "eliminator" gun

That is the other one i have been lookin into! As much as I would love to turn this topic into a "what single shot vintage pistol do you like the most?" I shouldn't pull it off topic (who knows, I may start one of those topics coming up).

#335818 Lock n Load prices

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 05 December 2013 - 02:23 AM in General Nerf

Honestly, there are better blasters out there. The LnL's value is more for collecting now. I sold the one I had for about $60.

wow that is ridiculously expensive for a pistol! I really love how they look and would love to have one for a fun little one shot for wars (I already have a brassed NF with a 2.5x omw spring in it, but its not very good looking lol). I Really like how they look and would love to have one to play with, but that is super pricey.

#335813 where can I get long shot parts

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 04 December 2013 - 09:35 PM in Darts and Barrels

you may want to move this post to another place, this really doesn't have much to do with darts or barrels. That being said, I agree with Mully here, we need more information to really help you out here, it most likely isn't your catch, but possibly the spring on it. That is, unless you have physically opened the blaster and seen that the catch is broken, in which case, you may want to use the magical thing that is google.

#335812 Lock n Load prices

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 04 December 2013 - 08:13 PM in General Nerf

Anywhere from $30-45, depending on condition.

This one looks pretty nice, but is missing the sight, I am glad I didn't take their 55 dollar offer! I can wait for the right price to show up. Thanks!

#335807 Lock n Load prices

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 04 December 2013 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

Does anyone know what a stock LnL is goin for now days? I saw one (had everything minus the sight) on ebay for around 62-63 shipped, that seemed steep, but I honestly don't know how much they should be going for. I am looking buy one eventually, but at this point I kinda wanna see what the going rate for a stock one would be before I post under trading. Thanks in advance everyone!

#335800 What kind of battery should I use to voltage mod a stampede

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 04 December 2013 - 03:05 PM in Modifications

My personal 'pede is runnin a 4 cell Turnigy 1600 mAh Lipo with a 20-30c discharge (comes out to about 16.8v at a full charge). I also got an OMW 2.5x spring in it, it empties an 18 straight in just about 4 seconds flat. I haven't had any issues with this set up and have been running it for 3 years (6 games of HvZ). I would highly recommend it if you got the money to spend on batteries and a balance charger.

Edit: I also LOVE my stampede, but then again, I really don't like the flywheel blasters for HvZ because of the rev time. Zombies come on too fast to have to wait to rev up your gun, but that's just my opinion. They may be outdated and old, but I will always love my minimized 'pede.

#335740 NIC Primary

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 01 December 2013 - 09:17 PM in General Nerf

Ebay is a great place to find nice spring guns. PAS, LS, Xbow, they are all good.

I have been looking into (hopefully) finding a decently priced Xbow and/or a +bow (just because they are both sheer awesomeness), but as everyone knows they are expensive, and I am also looking into getting an AT2K for a fun little project as well. Right now I have my Remedy Metals powertrain'd LS that I may be selling to a friend and my AT3K. I may be working on a BBB for the funsies (and because I love my BBB) but I really like hearing what everyone is saying.

#335582 RETALIATOR vs RAMPAGE (Criteria: jamming)

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 21 November 2013 - 10:42 PM in General Nerf

I thought they added slam-fire to the Retaliator as they did to the Strongarm. I could be wrong though.

nope, no slam-fire on the retaliator, i do love the gun though. My personal opinion though, this is why "which is better" posts are discouraged here.

#335461 NIC Primary

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 15 November 2013 - 09:06 PM in General Nerf

Glad to see your enthusiasm! The transition from HvZ to NIC shouldn't be too much of a shock, just different rules and more powerful blasters.
Unfortunately, BBB's don't have the plunger volume for a hopper. Some people have gotten RSCB's to work, with decent results, but I've never gotten them to work reliably. If you're gonna rock the BBB, I'd suggest an integration of some sort.

Well that's good to know! I have only done a mild CPVC barreling and spring addition to mine, so I really don't know much about it. What do you use for your set up if you don't mind me asking (spring, integration, barrel, etc.)? If ya don't wanna say, I understand :)

#335447 NIC Primary

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 15 November 2013 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

This is pretty awesome to hear from everyone about what you are using, it is really giving me a lot of hope for being able to cross over from one game style to the next! I do also have a BBB that I have been wanting to drop a [k26] in for awhile now. Making a hopper for it would be pretty awesome and I think that thing would be a lot of fun for me (I still have the bow arms because it doesn't look like a bow anymore if ya don't have the arms. I think that would be a pretty cool blaster to bring to a war). I am still really interested in what else people are using, and am really excited to build an arsenal that I can go out and really have fun with!

#335409 NIC Primary

Posted by WSU Cowboy on 14 November 2013 - 11:27 PM in General Nerf

Thanks folks! I was considering starting a rear loading AT2K project (and I may still, just for the fun of it), I am trying to stay away from the homemades simply because I like to use existing blasters and mess with them to make something so much better out of them. If I really get into NIC wars and get a stable income I may make a rainbow or whatever the newest pump style homemade is at the time. I may get a crossbow someday (again with a stable income) but I would really like to do another project blaster.