Kronos Nerf Mods's Content

There have been 102 items by Kronos Nerf Mods (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#346016 Weekly Nerf Update

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 05 April 2015 - 06:35 PM in Off Topic

Hi everyone,
I decided to start a new segment on my Youtube channel with the goal of summarizing the week on NerfHaven, and any Nerf Youtube videos.
I am currently looking to hear your thoughts on the series as a whole, and also on this specific episode.
Thanks

Video Link

Edit: If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

#345974 NIC Magazine

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 02 April 2015 - 12:49 PM in General Nerf

I've been toying around with the idea of doing a weekly youtube update which would summarize forum happenings, any nerf releases, and any interesting posts on the blogs and on Youtube. It's definitely something that I think people want: a summary of the entire NIC hobby. The issue is making sure that the writing stays timely and topical, otherwise people would just read it on the forum.
Also why the digital magazine? It seems like this could be done just as well as a blog post or even with a downloadable PDF. It seems like the format would make sense if this was going to actually go into print, but that doesn't make sense for this small scale hobby.

#344987 Digital Designs Directory - for 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC, etc.

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 13 February 2015 - 01:05 PM in Homemades

This instructable, which I did not write, explains how to get 3d models off of McMaster parts.

That's right, you can get 3d models off of McMaster parts, which you can then 3d print. That's a pretty big deal, at the least you can use them to check the correctness of your part order and you could conceivably use and/or modify the parts to print your design wholesale.

Added to the directory. Thanks!

#342721 Hell After Halloween II

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 06 November 2014 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

My dad has a funeral for a distant relative Saturday, so I have no shot of making the trek out to Armstrong.
In theory I could make the next week, but I'll have to see.

#342470 nerf colab channel

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 18 October 2014 - 09:38 AM in General Nerf

You were just the name I remembered from the original thread months back. Regurgitating information from memory makes fools of us all.

It's all good. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that the channel is on a slippery slope downwards...

#342459 nerf colab channel

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 17 October 2014 - 05:42 PM in General Nerf

They assume far worse than that, believe you me.

From the looks of it, the collaboration channel is starting to drown. I though Kronos was spearheading this project?

Although I have no interested in participating, it seemed like a decent idea that could help sway the public opinion of NerfHaven. Not like this, though.

I promoted it a lot, made one video for it, but it wasn't my idea, nor was I "spearheading" it. It was originally He Who Mods Channel.
There is no doubt it's falling into decline, which is a shame. I agree with Draconis though that if you can't put in the effort to at least have good spelling and grammar then either work on it, or transfer ownership to someone else.

Just curious what gave you the impression that I was leading it? Erfnay and He Who Mods were just as involved as I was with planning it here.

#342327 Longshot Custom Priming Bar?

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 08 October 2014 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

I understand that the nerf longshot priming bar poorly fits the the priming handle. A 4.75 mm handle should do the trick. But I'm still not convinced.
What material should the bar be made out of in order to be able to prime a 10kg spring (with the help of OMW kit)?
At what length should I make the bar and is 4.75mm to snug for the 4.8mm priming handle hole?

If you're looking for something that works, and looks a bit cleaner I recommend this:
It can get a little pricey with shipping from England, but they work great, and feel great.

#342326 New Nerf Blasters!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 08 October 2014 - 09:30 PM in General Nerf

Skip the RM2s, they're not good.

What do you recommend? If I recall you lead that discussion on replacement flywheels.

#342313 New Nerf Blasters!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 08 October 2014 - 12:26 PM in General Nerf

Kronos, that is (I think) a Kohl's exclusive. My nephew just got that set for his Birthday. I never got one because it normally retails in store for like $45.

Huh. Still all that for $5?

#342303 New Nerf Blasters!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 07 October 2014 - 08:59 PM in General Nerf

I just picked up two stryfes both with retaliator barrel, fore grip, 18 dart clip, and stockade stock for just $5 but I think the rev motor is dead in one of them. How would I replace the rev motor or upgrade it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well whoever sold you all that stuff for $5 was an idiot, so I guess good job taking advantage of that. If you are looking to replace the motors you will need a basic knowledge of electronics and soldering equipment. (Or I guess you could tape the wires together and pray that they don't come undone.) There are some videos on the stryfe's circuitry and on how to replace the motors. There was a whole thread a while ago which debated the best replacement motor for stryfes, and I believe that these are at least considered to be some of the best. (Although I admit I was a bit too lazy to follow every post in that thread, so please correct me if I am wrong about the pololu motors)

If you are looking to upgrade the existing motors, you have two options. Remove the thermistors/resistors in the circuit and over-volt the motors, and/or plasti-dip the fly-wheels. Both of which won't help if your motors are broken anyways. I'd also check your batteries to make sure that they aren't out of juice if you haven't already.

Also for future reference I'd post this in modifications and title it something like "Stryfe's not revving" or something so people know how to help you more specifically.

#341856 POW! Foamcoming 2: Necrohorse of Glory Rides Again

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 09 September 2014 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war as usual. Thanks to dom for hosting, and of course the Ohio guys for making the 5 hour trek.
This war did teach me a few things I thought I'd share:
1. Make more than 140 darts
2. Either make domes that have more than 1 bb, or make slugs.
3. When you have a Pittsburgh war, at least one of your primaries will break, sometimes two.
3.5 When all else fails, you have airguns, except when your pump head breaks.
4. Apparently Penetration sorta works with one ultimator. Kinda...
4.5 When Penetration only sorta works, just play VIP
4.75 When playing VIP as the VIP, don't get hit with lucky shots.
5. Running is super overrated. Fuck running.

#341776 POW! Foamcoming 2: Necrohorse of Glory Rides Again

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 06 September 2014 - 05:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and my guest are still in, only thing is I need to make a crap ton of darts tonight. This is going to be a sweeping between every round war for me I think.
Also is everyone okay with domes?

#341695 POW! Foamcoming 2: Necrohorse of Glory Rides Again

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 02 September 2014 - 07:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm now a definite, and I'll be +1. As buffnerd said, I still don't have a working primary, so my guest and I will need loaners. I should have my own darts though.
Also on a different note, Jwasko, we're cool right? I felt like in the last thread things got a bit heated, and I wanted to appologize.
Edit: I'll probably be an hour or so late.

#341275 Modded gun idea: Revolver

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 17 August 2014 - 03:05 PM in Modifications

I think I get the concept. Not to try to discourage, (by all means try it if you get the parts) but I imagine that the hammershot plunger tube doesn't have enough air volume for the sledgefire shell. So you would have a shotgun pistol, but it probably would only shoot 5-10 ft with each shot.

#340942 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 03 August 2014 - 10:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Awesome war. Surpassed all my expectations for how great I have heard Apoc is. Thanks to the hosts, and everyone who attended.
If anyone has war footage, I'd be more than happy to edit it into a video for the Collaboration Channel. Shoot me a PM.
Thanks again guys, hopefully I can make next years.

#340032 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 04 July 2014 - 09:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Buffnerd finally cut the UCP Round Video so I could put it on youtube. The camera couldn't capture it all, but It's still pretty cool.

#339509 Q&A with Hasbro Engineers

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 12 June 2014 - 11:46 AM in General Nerf

In their honest opinions do they think that the crossfire bow is an adequate replacement to the original crossbow in its efforts to "bring crossbow action back to nerf!!!"?
Why didn't they put a real air tank in the demolisher?

#339504 Barrel fittings

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 12 June 2014 - 12:27 AM in Darts and Barrels

How is Sch. 80 PVC impractical? It is a close enough fit to PETG, eliminates the need to nest your barrel material, and is sold in Menards, Ace, (some)Home Depots, and Lowes.

Well in this case Sch. 80 PVC would serve as a pipe that can be couplered, as would cpvc, but cpvc is thinner, and is easier to find. Sch. 80 has its uses for sure (in fact I wish I could find some in my area) yet for this I think its less practical than cpvc. I figured I'd mention it though to give options.

#339491 waited silicones

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 11 June 2014 - 07:39 PM in Darts and Barrels

Not trying to spark another slugs vs. silidomes debate, but I think that weighted silicone domes are a good idea.
1. First metal darts aren't that dangerous. Obviously there are scenarios where people have been hurt by them, but as long as they are used responsibly, there shouldn't be too many problems.
2. Adding weight is good, as silicone domes sometimes do have problems with fishtailing.
3. Silicone domes are softer and hurt less than hot glue, and they are more aerodynamic than slugs (also not really dangerous).
Again feel free to disagree, but I think it's a good idea, and can't hurt giving it a try.

#339490 Barrel fittings

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 11 June 2014 - 07:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hello I'm new to the modding community and im going to do a coupler mod my panther but I want to use stock elite darts. I was hoping to find out which size barrel I should get from the hardware store to best fit them. CPVC? PVC? PeTG? Thanks a lot!

PETG will probably perform the best, but it doesn't have a good coupler, so if you want to use it, you'd have to nest the PETG in .5" schedule 40 PVC and use a .5" PVC Coupler.
PETG also is most often not found in hardware stores. It can be bought online from places like McMaster, or alternatively Visipak has it, in addition to offering free samples which are a good amount for modders.

If you don't want to go that route, then there's .5"CPVC, which will have a tight fit on elite darts, and in some cases be too tight, especially if you want to load darts from the back. Additionally there is schedule 80 PVC, which is hard to find in some hardware stores., and honestly impractical.

All of these materials will also work as long as there are couplers for them, and they will also work as singled barrels.
Hope this helps.

Edit: There is also brass, but I wouldn't get that just for a simple panther coupler mod.

#339438 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 09 June 2014 - 10:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for a great war everyone, and again to those who let me borrow their stuff.
Highlight of the day for me was the dick pump melee kill I got on JWasko.

#339396 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 06 June 2014 - 01:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm now a definite.
I'll be working on having a pistol for penetration, but I will probably need to borrow a primary.

#338421 Sex(Dwarf) up your spring!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe.

#338025 Zing z-tek bow mods

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 03 April 2014 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

I have to say I like what you did here. Nothing overly complicated, it just makes a more efficient design, and adds comfort. Both good things.

#337971 Reliably Hoppering Silicone Darts

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 01 April 2014 - 07:35 PM in Darts and Barrels

And you just single handedly completely destroyed the market for 3D printed wyes.
I'd better start looking for a job.

#337925 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 31 March 2014 - 04:13 PM in General Nerf

Glad you like it. Where can I find this magic dropbox exactly?

If you pm me your email address, I can probably send you a link to invite you to the dropbox.

#337904 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 31 March 2014 - 05:04 AM in General Nerf

I took some time today to make a title card for the channel. If everyone likes the way it looks, we can use it to introduce all of the videos.

Let me know what you think of the design, as well as any improvements that I should make to the intro.

Looks great, can you put the raw file into the channel dropbox?

Edit, just to avoid reposting the video

#337761 Joint youtube channel

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 27 March 2014 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

Well I appear to be joining this conversation late. Guess that's what happens when you take a hiatus.
Anyways, I am definitely interested in this joint youtube channel. However, due to my ego-centric nature I would also want to run my own youtube channel like I am now, (albeit I don't upload much)
If you guys would be interested in a 3D printer segment, where I would show off custom parts I would be working on for projects I would be more than willing to do something like that when I have material available, and when I fix my current printer and or get my new one.

Also I'll be announcing this officially later, but the 3D Printed Wye project is going public, I'll go more in depth later, but the main reason is that I'm bored of wyes and I can't get the design to work effectively.

Edit: I would obviously be more than happy to promo the channel when it goes live. I have just passed around 400 subs, and I know it's not really that much, but I would like to help in any way I can.

#336288 Nerf Roughcut Stripped Gear Fix

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 02 January 2014 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

Wohoa, interesting. I'm satisfied for now.

Whew that's good, if you hadn't satisfied exo, then you would have had to start the project all over from scratch.
All jokes aside, I will definitely have to try this if I break my rough cut.
One question though, I may have missed this in the post, but were you using an upgraded spring during the test? I know that is what usually breaks the gears, and I wonder if replacing a couple of the teeth would enable stronger springs.

#336226 Nerf Roughcut Stripped Gear Fix

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 01 January 2014 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

Wow, this is a really great idea!
Have you seen any wear on the wire after repeated firing?

#335927 InstaMorph Remoldable Plastic

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 14 December 2013 - 10:31 AM in Homemades

This option doesn't look half bad. For things that require very oddly shaped reinforcements or for things that can't be made by stacking polycarbonate this could potentially work very well. The only issue here (that is also an issue for 3D printing) is the strength of what you are moulding. The advantage with this stuff is that it can be reused if it breaks.
I am actually very interested to see how this works out.

#335861 question about starting new topics

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 08 December 2013 - 12:20 AM in Site Feedback

Dude just type your write-up or whatever into a word document, then take the pictures, and reassemble the writeup in the Nerfhaven editor with the pictures. Simple as that.

#335788 U.G.L.Y. S.W.E.A.T.E.R. Jan 25th

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 03 December 2013 - 08:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe also. I don't know much about my schedule this far in advance, but I will make every effort to be in attendance.

#335595 iNIC App Requests!

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 23 November 2013 - 08:50 AM in General Nerf

I'm in:
http://www.youtube.com/nerfmodsbyk
Edit: I quoted the last post by mistake.

#335503 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 17 November 2013 - 10:35 AM in Nerf Wars

That was great. Hope we can do something like this in the spring.
In the meantime I will be modifying my wildfire.....

#335360 Best homemade for stock darts?

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 12 November 2013 - 05:46 PM in Homemades

If you don't care about pain, add some metal BB's to the tip, and fill the rest with hot glue.

#335291 Spring help

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 07 November 2013 - 10:31 PM in Modifications

I have a bolt cutter lying around which works well to cut [k26]'s.

#335268 Rifling in Nerf Guns

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 06 November 2013 - 10:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

Man I wish we could put this to bed. If the forum's "in house physicist" says it doesn't work and has practically written a book about the physics of nerf, it probably doesn't work.

With a real gun, or even a paintball gun, the projectile travels through grooves called rifling. The grooves create spin which help to stabilize the projectile in flight. In an n-strike (elite) blaster the rifling is little plastic ridges that impart little spin and therefore do little to increase stability.
The whole point of using a smooth barrel is that nerf darts of whatever variety expand to the barrel and make a near perfect seal. This is why stefan foam fits in brass, cpvc, polycarbonate, etc.
If you were to make grooves that were actually deep enough to constitute true rifling, you would have a horrible air seal, and the darts would rapidly decelerate due to friction with the barrel.

#334882 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 17 October 2013 - 09:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Attendance updated. 14 definites already, this is fantastic. If some of the maybes can confirm in the next week or so we'll have quite the war.

You can now mark me as a definite.
As for wyes, I will just bring a bunch for people to use, and sell if they don't break after the war.

#334740 Any one intrested in 3D printed parts

Posted by Kronos Nerf Mods on 13 October 2013 - 08:24 AM in Homemades

What if someone made a superior knockoff of your design?

Then they would deserve to sell it, but the design that he has I would say is almost guaranteed to break, unless his printer is better than mine which is definitely a possibility.

I am very sorry if I offended you, I was going to buy your wye but if you are unaware you are out of stock. P.S I am not a hacker

I am also sorry I kind of flipped out. I know you aren't a hacker, and I am also aware that I am out of stock. This is because the design is not finalized, so I don't want to sell a shoddy product.

That design is very flawed still, the darts do not form a good seal with the shell.

I assume you are talking about the sledge fire shells?
Yeah, 3D printed material will have a horrible dart seal with the barrels, but I have a way to solve that. (I am going to keep my plan to myself because I plan on selling these.)