Joe Espinoza's Content

There have been 56 items by Joe Espinoza (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#345034 So You Think You're Prophet?

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 16 February 2015 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

Lol that's embarrassing. I never noticed that otherwise I wouldn't have posted.

So please close!

#345032 So You Think You're Prophet?

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 16 February 2015 - 06:46 PM in General Nerf

Happened to see this in my weekly updates from, This is why I'm broke, and I was mind blown on the idea of switching this to shoot steffans

Here's a URL:

Bow

For 500 you'll definitely be a head turner. The wye looks like it's mechanically fastened. Not ever really seeing this I haven't had an idea of how it would be converted.
I'm sure you foam heads can figure it out. Let me know what you guys think

#340857 Optimally done Optimal-Y

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 31 July 2014 - 07:14 PM in Darts and Barrels

Doe's anyone else think that steffan looks like a penis? (:

With that set aside, I like the convenience of making one of these. Also, I very much enjoy the reliability of firing at least one dart 100% of the time (according to your data). Shooting two darts is better than none!
I will have to give this a try.

#340694 Mayhem 3.5

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 25 July 2014 - 07:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry fabulous and myself can make this one ):
I really wish i could make it!

#340693 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 25 July 2014 - 07:03 AM in Nerf Wars

did not know how close (area) it was to Il. Make a set date then i can give you a for sure answer. Sunday the 10th sounds like itd work for me

#339976 Elite dart accuracy modifiactions

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 03 July 2014 - 07:17 PM in Darts and Barrels

Try cutting the tip of the dart, then filling it with hot glue. Should prevent some fish tailing and make for a straighter trajectory.
Welcome to the hobby!

(:

#339393 Mayhem 3.5

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 06 June 2014 - 07:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Once again, count me in. As long as I don't work, as my schedule depends on how backed up we are at work

#339252 Any Chicago Nerf Wars Happening

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 31 May 2014 - 05:34 PM in Nerf Wars

im hoping to host one out here, near Joliet. Stay posted im gonna try and have it next month
its about 45 minutes south from Chicago, well in good traffic

#338789 Sledgefire lever-action-mod

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 08 May 2014 - 07:31 AM in Modifications

Wow, very cool and practical. You ever get priming issues with the lever?

#338719 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 05 May 2014 - 10:06 PM in Homemades

The roboman 2.0 crossbow with replaced aluminum stock rods, plunger rod, and full aluminum plunger tube.

Posted Image

#338574 Need some help

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 30 April 2014 - 03:22 PM in Homemades

Those are made for Magpul MOE rail sections.

Thanks man. Mind sending me a link to one of them? I can't find one that would snuggly fit in the groove

#338552 Need some help

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 29 April 2014 - 05:23 PM in Homemades

Bought a lovely plusbow made by roboman and I can't figure out how to use these rails... Here are some photos

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you figured it out can you tell me where I could buy attachments (:

#338540 May 4 Central Illinois War

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 28 April 2014 - 09:22 PM in Nerf Wars

99 percent positive I can make it. Hopefully dragging a few of my friends with me (:

Edit: can't make it... guess my grandma is throwing a surprise birthday party for my girlfriend... il be at mayhem though guys! Sorry

#338498 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 25 April 2014 - 09:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Second post...

#338497 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 25 April 2014 - 09:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Third post? Sorry

#338496 Mayhem 3.0

Count me in! Got a nice plus bow to use (: il try to bring a few friends. Had fun last time!

#338495 Mayhem 3.0

Count me in! Got a nice plus bow to use (: il try to bring a few friends. Had fun last time!

#338188 Milwaukee Area Nerf Outing 1/10!

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 10 April 2014 - 08:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Il go if I can car pull with some people from NIC il gladly try to attend as many of these as I can.
I tried to make this last year buy couldn't ):

I live in southwest suburbs (Illinois) for those open on the offer (;

#337818 Indiana War

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 28 March 2014 - 09:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Hell yeah il go. Get me specifics and I can give you a for sure answer. Is this gonna be in a warehouse or what?!

#337397 S.L.A.N.G. Salt Lake Area Nerf Geeks March War (Utah)

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 03 March 2014 - 02:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Disregard this post

#336880 Last Armageddon (Armageddon XV)

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 05 February 2014 - 05:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in... Anyone from the Chicago/Illinois area want to car pull?!
And if that don't work, il stay at the cousins house then drag him into it (:

#336461 Columbus Indiana

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 12 January 2014 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I would not mind going at all. But a formal date and specified location would be nice too. Weather could also be a huge problem. Although I work new construction I never found it to bother me. Il check in with your posts when you decides on those things, then I could give you a definite answer

#335540 Help with springs

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 18 November 2013 - 03:38 PM in Homemades

For single shot blasters, this is basically true. My half-length Rainbow shoots about 230 ft/s (3.5" of draw) vs 250 ft/s from my full-sized rainbow (7" draw). Half length springs double their spring constant, so the spring pushes with just as much force as the full sized configuration. The blaster has the same amount of Power, but does less Work because of the shortened draw. For single shots, the dart leaves the barrel before the plunger has traveled all the way through the tube, so a lot of potential is wasted. The extra volume delivered by a full-sized plunger tube is useful when using hoppers; with tons of excess air volume, it doesn't matter if your dart isn't seated well, it will just HULK SMASH the dart into the barrel. But if you're using a speedloader, that extra 3" of plunger draw isn't doing a whole lot for ya.

So... to answer the OP's question:

Cut a [k26] in half and make a half-length SNAP with 3.5" of draw and a 12" barrel. It will shoot about 90% as far as a full-sized SNAP when using a speedloader. It will shoot maybe 70% as far with a hopper and a shortened barrel. If you want to dial down the power a bit, use a [k25] spring or use 3" of draw instead.

Now I feel more confident! Il let you guys know how it goes. I just want to make a compact without sacrificing to much from a regular sized homemade

#335539 Chano Afterparty

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 18 November 2013 - 03:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Is this going to reschedule? I would like to head to a war close to home

#335523 Help with springs

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 18 November 2013 - 12:03 AM in Homemades

Note that I did actually mention that, and that the second half of my response discussed that. I did not realize that it was directly proportional, though.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that OP was looking for power, not force. Power is force over a period of time (or the integral of force with respect to time), so a shortened [k26] will not exert the same amount of power, though it does have the same maximum load when fully compressed. It would not be terribly difficult to find the necessary spring to get the equivalent power of a [k26] with a shorter stroke if you know all of the forces acting in opposition to the spring (friction, inertia, etc.), or the velocity curve of the plunger as it travels through the plunger tube. You would, of course, also need to factor in the reduced air volume produced by a shorter draw, assuming that the plunger tube ID remains the same. So no, to answer one of your actual questions, it's not particularly easy to work that out.

Thanks man, I guess I may have to experiment a little before using it in a war. I may just shorten the [k26] but increase the volume by let's say a 1/4 inch more than what I was using before.

#335466 Help with springs

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 15 November 2013 - 11:28 PM in Homemades

Alright let me just ask this question right off the bat, how do I get similar power of a [k26] fully compressed on a smaller scale? That meaning, I want less draw same power.

I know that using a stronger spring than a [k26] can sometimes really hurt people. And surprisingly I don't want to do that.
I would like a 4 or 5 inch draw; anyone have any suggestions on how I can select the right spring?
Please feel free to call me an idiot if I have looked this over

I also know that there must be some equation I can use to calculate this, but I am not sure if I could use it only having a high school education!

Thanks in advance

#334503 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 05 October 2013 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
For sale in trading. Just thought I woukd post it here too

#334305 Ultrafire 14500 protected issues

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 28 September 2013 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

Bought the wrong batteries mate.

I personally use unprotected cells.

I'm sure one of the electrical engineers lurking around here will tell you the exact difference, but all I know is unprotected = performance and protected = bad mojo.

Buy some unprotected cells and all your troubles will be gone.

I bought those off eBay actually and I did order the unprotected. But instead they sent the wrong ones. Never thought it would have lead to an issue like this. Well I guess I have to make another order ): thanks for the help though

#334302 Ultrafire 14500 protected issues

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 28 September 2013 - 02:20 PM in General Nerf

I have recently purchased ultrafire 14500 protected batteries and they just keep shitting out on me after a couple shots.
I HAVE taken out all of the resistors and any other pain in the ass safety mechanisms.
I know that these are protected because it says it on the battery. But does that mean they don't run if the volts or amps get too high?
I would really appreciate help or suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks

#333402 Yet Another Wye Iteration

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 23 August 2013 - 10:37 PM in Darts and Barrels

I really like the old wyes you sent me a couple months ago. When I use my last one I will have to buy some more (;
and good luck to you man!

#330325 Where Do You Buy The Parts For An Ammo Counter?

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 28 May 2013 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

I have looked all around the internet and could not find a place that had a well written description on making an ammo counter so I decided that I should just make a post and see if anyone knows how.

This is by far, the best counter out there. And best part, you don't have to worry about anything it's pre-made and ready to go
Counter

#330156 Cataclysm 4 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 22 May 2013 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Definitely count me in. Il definitely bring my homemade unlike in Bloomington. Your also a hell of a shorter drive too

#330155 SLANE: The Second Coming

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 22 May 2013 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me as a maybe. It all depends on my work schedule. I can let you know though

#329694 M.A.N.O. Summer series Uno!

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 11 May 2013 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in as a yeah. Not sure if I can go to all of them because of work but il try

#329643 Nerf Centurion

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 11 May 2013 - 05:46 AM in General Nerf

Amen! But that gun is WAY too long for me to handle... Looks awesome though. I wonder if there is even an AR in it?

#329596 EAT Giveaway

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 10 May 2013 - 02:56 PM in General Nerf

If I don't have one of those EAT's the old granny down the street will continuously get attacked by Chihuahuas and initially turn into dust. This EAT is for the sake of old people!

#329585 Cincinnati Birthday Brawl

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 10 May 2013 - 07:35 AM in Nerf Wars

It's a TRAP!!!11!!one!

I can serve it straight out of a white van (:

#329570 Cincinnati Birthday Brawl

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 09 May 2013 - 09:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me as a maybe, I have a 5 hour drive from Chicago but I would be willing to drive for a decent nerf war. (:
Want me to bring cake?!

#329568 The Rapidstrike CS-18, a Sneak Peak

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 09 May 2013 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

That thing is NUTZ! Can't wait to get my hands in one of those. Think it's just a basic voltage increase?

#329433 Mayhem 2.0 - IL War

Posted by Joe Espinoza on 06 May 2013 - 10:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I hope my stryfefly will be done in time D: and is there crossbows allowed?