The2ndBluesBro's Content

There have been 533 items by The2ndBluesBro (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#360872 Taobao Link Directory

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 01 July 2017 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

What is the benefit of using taobao over ebay? is it cheaper on taobao?

Some items are cheaper, available earlier or can be ordered in larger quantities. Some items that are not available on ebay are on taobao. 

#360707 Snap trigger help

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 21 June 2017 - 10:11 PM in Homemades

You can also just cut the wood handle with a protrusion to stop the trigger. 

#360586 sledgefire replacement springs

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 15 June 2017 - 02:21 AM in Modifications

I don't recommend the century c-836 as it is a pain in the ass to install due to the rough inch of precompression it has (i cut my hands and bruised my fingers) 

Is there any particular reason why you don't cut the spring to a more suitable length? If it is because of a lack of tools, bolt cutters or a dremel will do it quickly and easily; most hardware stores will even have a store use pair of bolt cutters you could use for free. 

#360513 The most homemades

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 11 June 2017 - 07:37 PM in Off Topic

Probably 3DBBQ or Boltsniper.

#360354 Nerf Thrifting Tips

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 04 June 2017 - 08:33 PM in General Nerf

I haven't had much luck thrifting either. Value village was decent for me as they don't seem to value nerf stuff at all so unlike some other stuff you can still get a good price on blasters. Don't expect to find anything, just be happy if you do.

#360301 JSPB B&B mini-hopper

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 02 June 2017 - 07:46 PM in Homemades

Polyester has way more ductility and elongation to it than PVC does and that means that it rips rather than fractures. So you will get plenty of noticeable deformation of the bottle shape a fair amount of time before it's ever going to fail. And the failure mode isn't as dangerous either. You would get injury from the escaping gas pressure only.

Would making a pressure vessel out of slightly thicker polyester tubing be a suitable alternative to PVC then? Or would you lose the rip vs fracture advantage the thicker the material you use?

#360079 2017 Modification/Homemade Contest

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 23 May 2017 - 09:44 PM in General Nerf

This looks good. One question though. Why is difficulty scored higher if it is higher? That category should maybe be called "complexity" instead, as difficulty implies how easy it would be for someone to replicate it, in which case a higher score should be awarded the simpler it is. 

#359990 Nerf Longshot Reinforcement Question

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 17 May 2017 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

If you want some better reinforcements than wire I would suggest buying either 1/16" (approx) aluminum sheet or one of those small metal signs (like the type that say "Post no bills" or "employees only", you can get them at Canadian Tire) that are made of the same material and cutting the reinforcement out of that. With a 5kg spring load you will have no problems with that although you probably won't with your current setup either. You can use epoxy putty to fill in the gaps in the shell near the catch and at the front near the plunger tube (look at the reinforcements sold by Zaurko nerf mods on facebook if you want an exact picture of what they should look like, he makes 3d printed ones but e-putty works too). If you decide to order more parts eventually just go all the way and get an artifact hunter kit and sled and a f10555 pump grip. Don't worry about parts breaking with a 6kg spring load. All of these more extreme failures are happening at 18kg+. If you want a nice catch spring upgrade remove one of the retention plates in the stock used to hold the extra clip in and there will be a strong spring under it that sleeves over the original catch spring perfectly. I've never had a failure using that combo, and the clip still holds fine with one spring rather than two.  

#359845 New paint technique I tried.

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 11 May 2017 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

Looks pretty good. If you detail the stock and some of the body details I think it will flow together a bit better. 

#359822 Does anyone know of an adapter that can screw onto a titan?

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 10 May 2017 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

How about someone with a titan and the proper tools measures the threads so someone can just buy the proper adapter in PVC? Assuming it exists. I would, but I no longer own a titan with the threaded portion intact. 

#359820 Screw Ports - How to reconnect?

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 10 May 2017 - 07:28 PM in Modifications

Use solvent weld to reattach the posts and pack epoxy putty around them. 

#359652 Motors from Electric Pencil Sharpeners?

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 02 May 2017 - 10:25 PM in Modifications

I feel like you wouldn't really save any money considering MTB motors are already cheap enough and are specifically tuned for nerf. 

#359598 Nerf supermaxx 5000 tank leaking. Solutions or at2k tank?

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 30 April 2017 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

I don't have another pump to swap it with. Where can I get one?
Or where do I find a check valve to replace it

Aquarium stores or a pet store that sells fish tank parts would carry them. If you have a petsmart near you this one should work. 

http://www.petsmart....tml?cgid=300018

#359597 Scroll saw for mods?

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 30 April 2017 - 07:39 PM in Modifications

You'd want to butterfly the shell, but yes. 

#359417 How to clean up shell cutting?

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 24 April 2017 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

Also, remember to buy a wire brush as well to clean the file effectively. A proper file card/file cleaner is better but a wire brush is cheaper and will get the job done. 

#359292 Cheap way to upgrade modulus stock

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 17 April 2017 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

I don't think this will last. Hot glue is not a good adhesive and the skewers are made from a weak material. PVC is probably a better option overall, but you've got the right idea. 

#359291 Plastic Safe Lubricants

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 17 April 2017 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

Sooooo, the Orange mod works white lithium grease will be ok for my Longshot? I just want to be 100% sure, since I don't want to be breaking the blaster that I've grown so fond of.
Also, when you guys refer to Superlube, are you talking about their synthetic grease, or their silicone lubricant? Both of then should be safe right?

There can't be much difference between different brands of 100% white lithium grease. And I was referring to the synthetic grease with PTFE. synthetic-grease-3oz-tube.jpg

#359290 Nerf supermaxx 5000 tank leaking. Solutions or at2k tank?

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 17 April 2017 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

You don't have to swap the pump. Just cut the tubing and splice in an aquarium check valve. 

#359209 Wars around Buffalo, NY

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 13 April 2017 - 02:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Canada: https://www.facebook...57303631040315/

#359208 Plastic Safe Lubricants

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 13 April 2017 - 02:53 PM in General Nerf

I have looked into Superlube, but it's really expensive up here in Canada, and none of the stores in my area have it in stock. It looks like I'm stuck with the Moen grease...
Also, what about instrument slide grease? Has anyone tried that?

You can buy Superlube at Home Depot and on Amazon up here in Canada. White lithium grease in general should be fine, people have been using that for years with no negative effects. Canadian Tire also sells white lithium grease, although I haven't tried it on nerf blasters yet. It's in the Auto section. 

#359206 Tips on getting polycarbonate or other modding material scraps.

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 13 April 2017 - 02:46 PM in Homemades

Library cards aren't made of a strong enough material for most of the things that polycarb is used for in nerf. The rest of your list is good, though. 

#358200 1995 Crossbow CAD Files

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 24 February 2017 - 08:04 PM in Homemades

Maybe it's possible to build extra screw ports into the model for the purpose of attaching the segments together securely? My idea was to have one horizontal and one vertical port per segment for this. Once you've printed and bolted together the segments, you could use some resin in some places to really lock it together although I doubt you'd need to at that point. The ports would be designed to hold longer, coarser threaded screws than the ones that hold the shell together (since you'd never need/want to take them out anyway). It might also be a good idea to make a slightly larger version that has more draw. 

#357853 Sleeper Breech Longshot

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 06 February 2017 - 10:58 AM in Modifications

Hi,
Thanks for writing this up. My boys and I are modifying some nerf guns and we are using this guide to mod two Longshots.

Question:
What size tube are people using for the barrel with this mod?  I thought that we were supposed to use 17/32" tube, however, the Elite Darts barely fit inside a 17/32" tube. The fit is so tight that I can't blow the dart through the tube with a strong puff from my mouth. Is this right?

Is this normal?  When I put this gun together will the spring build up enough pressure to blow the dart down the full length of the barrel.

To remedy this I was thinking of using 9/16" for the barrel and using a short section of 17/32" at the rear of the barrel to receive the dart, but I haven't seen a guide that does that so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Use 9/16 brass with tightening rings. Use a pipe cutter and lightly go around the pipe at the front a few times until there are indents but the pipe is not cut (use search function to get more info)

#357621 The Mississauga Massacre

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 19 January 2017 - 03:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Are you guys going to be doing this again in 2017

We had multiple wars throughout 2016 and we we definitely be having some in 2017. Keep an eye on the wars forum or the Canadian Nerfers facebook group, we will always post about it when we're hosting a war. 

#357527 Mastadon issues

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 11 January 2017 - 12:19 AM in General Nerf

Return it if you can otherwise just fully rewire it. 

#357472 Replacement PAS Trigger

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 06 January 2017 - 12:06 AM in Modifications

Can't believe no one ever thought to use an extension spring. Nice work. 

#357392 Questions about The Mad Ghost by, 3DBBQ

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 02 January 2017 - 07:10 PM in Homemades

1. To change the ammo type all you need to do is change the barrel size.

2. I haven't looked at the writeup in a while, but I'm pretty sure it was written by an American so they would have used standard NA pipe sizes.

3. No idea, I've never built an airgun.

#357385 Someone please help me screwdrivers are driving me insane!

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 01 January 2017 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

I think Dollar tree still sells a pack of two screwdrivers. One is a flat head and one is philips, they are of a pretty standard size. The set they sell now is slightly different from the one I bought a few years ago but I believe it is similar. The ones I bought haven't failed over a few years of light to medium use. 

#357284 Tiniest Back Pressure Airtank?

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 22 December 2016 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

Basically, my idea is to have a convetional RSCB built into the gun.  And as opposed to an end cap capping of the end where you generally put the darts in, have an airtank of some sorts that gives a nice tiny little poof of air lodging the next dart to be fired into the barrel.

Yeah that's basically what JSPB did with his latest blaster except he used a small pump to provide that air instead (eliminating the need for a trigger mechanism for the small back pressure tank in your design). Good thinking though.

#357273 Tiniest Back Pressure Airtank?

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 21 December 2016 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

Your RSCB idea either sounds like the Auto-loading RSCB that JSPB created a while ago (he goes by 3DBBQ on NH) or an inline clip, although I can't really understand your post exactly.

#357234 Pushbutton Water Bottle Caps

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 19 December 2016 - 10:25 PM in Darts and Barrels

Any links for international buyers? I can't seem to find a purchase link that will ship to Canada (or really anywhere outside the US). 

#357205 Plunger Padding

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 17 December 2016 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

You can buy furniture leg pads made from rubber, just make sure it says rubber on the back because many are made of felt. I bought some and they are black with a tread pattern (like those anti-fatigue mats or tread-plate metal). 

#357193 Nerf Noob mod level 2

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 17 December 2016 - 04:40 PM in Modifications

Use the modifications directory. It has guides to mod most any blaster out there.

#357149 Brass Breech (Sharpfire)

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 14 December 2016 - 09:43 AM in Modifications

1/2" brass is too small for stock darts and 17/32 is a very tight fit. 9/16 W/tightening rings is the best way to go.

#357078 [REVIEW] Knock-off Elite Suction Darts!

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 09 December 2016 - 08:02 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hey guys its now 2016. And I clicked on the links above for those great usc darts. And on Ebay all there links said no results. Anyone wanna give me a new seller with the specifics that would be great cause I just bought some usc darts from a random guy in Hong Kong and im not getting the accuracy you guys are telling me about. Also these ones have messed up off centered tips, please help.!

The off center tips are the reason for the inaccuracy. You'll have to rip them out carefully and re glue them, then find a different seller next time.

#357062 4B not working

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 08 December 2016 - 07:11 AM in Modifications

Check valve is shot. Cut off the pump, cut out the old check valve, flush the system with water so no plastic chips are inside, then glue a 1" pvc endcap or a oprv setup like that one guy used to do (can't remember his name) where the pump used to be. Drill a hole in the tank and attach a pump with a new check valve spliced in between the pump and tank. Should work fine.

#357043 Long-Strike CS-6 Priming issue

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 07 December 2016 - 08:24 AM in Modifications

Pull back on both handles at the same time while bracing the stock against your shoulder.

#356969 LongStrike with Immortal kit question

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 01 December 2016 - 07:16 AM in Modifications

If you convert it to a sealed breech it will have more power but you can't just put brass in without a way to seal it with the bolt. A uni breech (3D printed piece) would let you easily convert it to 9/16 brass.

#356908 How to prepare for a paint job.

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 27 November 2016 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

I looked into it and I found a bunch of different methods so I thought I'd turn to Nerfhaven for what you guys think/use.

I plan to use duplicolor for the primers, paints, and clear coat. Show should I go around prepping? Should I sand the whole blaster, just go for it, etc? What is the best method for a durable painthan job?

Sand and make sure the base coat and clear coat are high quality (duplicolor is good). Supposedly you don't have to sand with vinyl dye (or clear coat it) but I would still sand since I had some issues on one project with paint chipping. Clear coat all parts with paint as the final layer although vinyl dye should be fine without as long as the sanding job was good enough for it to have stuck well. Clear coat also tends to ruin the nice plastic feel of tbe vinyl dye.

#356895 Ammo Counter: The Ultimate Simple & Cheap Guide

Posted by The2ndBluesBro on 27 November 2016 - 12:19 AM in Modifications

Very well written tutorial.