Salmon's Content

There have been 393 items by Salmon (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#285261 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by Salmon on 10 September 2010 - 11:34 PM in Homemades

The second coolest thing I have ever seen on these boards, the first being either the Doomsayer or the hopper clip. Regardless, major props.

#283576 Halo: Reach Pistol Nf

Posted by Salmon on 20 August 2010 - 01:42 AM in Homemades

If this wasn't a ton of money I'd definitely look into buying one. Could they be made to accept a custom plunger tube/coupler setup(I.E. 1" PETG, 3/4" thinwall PVC, etc.) or would they be limited to only the stock NF internals?

#282936 Calling All Texan Nerfers War, Catn

Posted by Salmon on 12 August 2010 - 02:15 PM in Nerf Wars

It's a shame, but I'm probably not gonna be able to make this one. Sorry y'all. Maybe next time.

#282439 2-11

Posted by Salmon on 07 August 2010 - 09:05 PM in Homemades

Excellent work Sluggy, I think one of these with a Chopper and some pump-action action would be very formidable in any war. And the catch design is nice and simple, I really like it.

#281561 3-way Valve Barrel Adapter

Posted by Salmon on 29 July 2010 - 03:35 AM in Modifications

3 WAY VALVE BARREL ADAPTER: THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A BIG BLAST AND 3 WAY VALVE HAVE CH
FEAR THIS GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nerfhaven now has it's own meme.

This is pretty cool. If you could hook one of these up to a minimized Titan, you could easily make yourself a compact, modular, war-worthy blaster. I would like to see a 4 or 5 way one of these for even more options in "selective fire."

#281257 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by Salmon on 26 July 2010 - 01:21 AM in General Nerf

Dude. I really, really like this. Big plunger tube, brass-breechable, and compatible with a Raider clip? Hecks to the yeah. Not to mention the looks.

#278345 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Salmon on 23 June 2010 - 02:44 AM in Homemades

Posted Image
Posted Image
Proof that an adequate +bow can be made with a dremel and a drill.

Also, weird magnet attachment system for the speed loader.

Dude, that's great. Where'd you get the polycarb?

#278343 Splitfire/2k Turret Modification!

Posted by Salmon on 23 June 2010 - 02:37 AM in Modifications

And I meant precisely what I wrote. People who have not read all of a thread should not post anything even remotely resembling criticism to it.

I don't think you're grasping this. Ahtanhie here made the write-up. He was just joking that he himself sometimes doesn't read all the way through write-ups. He was not "thread-bashing", it's his thread. Nor was he, for all that I can tell, bashing Falcon's original mod, it seemed to me he was just politely trying to break up any debate that one was better than another. I can't understand why you found it necessary to tell ahtanhie to "shut the fuck up."

#278246 Splitfire/2k Turret Modification!

Posted by Salmon on 22 June 2010 - 01:53 AM in Modifications

One word:

Sexy.

#277621 Nerf Reactor Mod Video - Credit To Kipkay

Posted by Salmon on 13 June 2010 - 05:30 PM in Modifications

That's pretty cool, but the fact of the matter is, that's all it is. I can't see it being particularly dangerous to anyone except the user, and even then the cork should act as a sort of overpressure release valve to protect from any big explosions. Not very useful for real nerfing. However, that ignition system does give me an idea for a completely unrelated project, but that's for another website.

~Salmon

#277028 Rtp, Pump Action Homemade.

Posted by Salmon on 06 June 2010 - 11:55 PM in Homemades

In the words of the immortal Stephen Quire: "Dude. Freakin' WOW."

This thing is fantastic. It looks really comfy, too, even more so if you added a padded grip to the front. Only thing it's missing is a return spring, but I imagine that might hamper the HAMP mechanism. No pun intended.

#276817 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by Salmon on 04 June 2010 - 02:25 PM in News

I'm disappointed. I mean, everybody figured it was going to be a crappy version of the Mav though, so I guess no big surprise there. The folding stock is kind of cool, I guess, maybe, but if you put it on a Recon you couldn't put a spring tube on while keeping the folding bit. Whatever.

#276545 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by Salmon on 31 May 2010 - 11:34 PM in News

You know, I want to like this. I really do. It's new territory for Nerf, at least. But I have no reason to believe this will be anything other than what comes down two Scouts attached together with breakbarrel action. The fact that it uses Sonics, and the length of the gun provide some hope that it'll be more Doubleshot-esque, but that would be bittersweet: a normal plungered gun from Nerf, finally, but it's still shitty. I don't know, maybe I'm making too many assumptions right now, but I still don't feel too optimistic.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing that makes me think it might be normal-plungered. Look at the end of the gun, on the silver part. It tapers inward. This, I believe, would make a reverse plunger set-up impossible, assuming of course that the plunger(s) take up the full width of the shell.

#274378 Texas Foam Fest (tff)

Posted by Salmon on 09 May 2010 - 02:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I doubt I'll be able to come, not necessarily because it wouldn't work out, but simply due to the fact that all my guns would need tune-upage and making darts in that period of time (with finals and all) would be extremely difficult.

#272406 Dart Door V2

Posted by Salmon on 16 April 2010 - 06:39 PM in Darts and Barrels

Very nice. Very, very nice.

#270152 Extreme Nite Finder Modification

Posted by Salmon on 23 March 2010 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Daaaaaammmmmnnn.

But seriously, that's pretty nice man. The paint job is incredibly clean, and I love the light-up plunger tube mod.

#269729 F.a.t?

Posted by Salmon on 20 March 2010 - 12:07 PM in Nerf Wars

April 17th wouldn't work, that's my dad's birthday. The 2nd or 3rd would work I think, or most weekends other than that. I think at my school we have a break for Easter, I'll check on that.

#269656 F.a.t?

Posted by Salmon on 19 March 2010 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Dammit. Is April 17th final?

#269487 Tsbno Recap

Posted by Salmon on 18 March 2010 - 03:00 AM in Nerf Wars

I was going to save this until I heard more, but what the heck:

Goddammit I wish I had made this war.

#269317 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Salmon on 16 March 2010 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I hate to say it, but I'm out. There's simply no way I can come.
See y'all next year.

~Salmon

#268975 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Salmon on 13 March 2010 - 12:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I need the war Thursday or later.

To other people: if you state when you can come, people may be able to change the schedule.

Also: I might bring 1 or 2 people.

Hmm idk about this. The majority of our people need it to be on wenesday. But we will try to work something out.

I second wing'd man, my dad has a ton of work and it would be basically impossible for Wednesday to work for me.

#268973 Nightraider

Posted by Salmon on 13 March 2010 - 12:48 AM in Modifications

Very nice. This reminds me of a plan for a gun I had long ago when I first started nerfing for a gun called the Sparta, but unlike you, I never made it, and unlike you, my concept used a Recon instead of a Raider. Anyways, props for getting it done, and doing a great job with it too.

#268845 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Salmon on 11 March 2010 - 03:40 PM in Darts and Barrels

How I make my Amazing Stefans

How to Choose the Right Glue Gun for your Foam.
For this, you have to decide what foam you are going to use. I personally use Mile High, which melts easily. Because of this, I had to use a low-temp glue gun. Many low-quality glue guns will get progressively hotter as you keep them on, which meant I had to unplug my glue gun every 10 or 15 minutes to keep it from melting my foam. I now use an Ad-Tech Mini Low Temp glue gun, and it works very well.

How to Cut.
I use a long-bladed hobby knife for cutting my foam. When cutting, "pin" the raw foam down straight with your index and middle finger, and make the cut in between the pinned points. Make sure the edge of your blade is lined up perpendicular to the foam on every angle, and slowly saw into the foam.

How to Straighten your Blanks.
I actually don't have to do this, since the foam I use is dense enough that you can simply "bend" it into shape right off of the roll. However, when I used my old foam, I would just put the blanks in a pillowcase and throw it into a dryer for 10 minutes on medium heat.

How to Make the Hole.
This is pretty simple. Basically, just make sure you burn the hole in the center of the blank, and don't let the hole get too big.

How to Make the Dome.
One of the hardest parts of dart-making for many people. I can't tell you any technique to this really, you just have to practice. I can, however, give you some tips:
-Don't be stingy with the glue, unless you're using a high-temp glue gun. With a high temp, if you use too much glue, it will pour over the sides and make a nasty mess.
-Don't try to correct minor mistakes in the dome by smoothing it with the glue gun's tip or putting more glue on before it cools. Trust me, gravity will make the dome for you if you do things right.
-Have a dart holder of some kind. I use a Magstrike or Powerclip clip. This will ensure the dome doesn't cool poorly, the weight doesn't move around, and lets gravity fix your mistakes for you.
-SLOWLY pour the glue to make the dome.
-Keep a steady hand, and don't move the glue gun around when making the dome.

That's about it. Happy dartsmithing,
Salmon

#268365 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Salmon on 07 March 2010 - 05:23 PM in Nerf Wars

What time is this war going to start/end? My parents need times to see if they can take me.

#268336 Toyfair 2010

Posted by Salmon on 07 March 2010 - 12:24 PM in General Nerf

Anybody else notice how the one guy pulled a Kanye on the other guy with the Deploy at 1:26?

#267736 Hitler Finds Out About The Nerf Longstrike And Deploy

Posted by Salmon on 02 March 2010 - 11:45 PM in Off Topic

Fuckin' A dude. Hilarious.

"Do you have the IQ of LSW?!" That part really got me, remembering how he was before he was banned. I laughed like crazy.

#267498 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Salmon on 01 March 2010 - 06:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll probably be there, the time works out and all, so I'm probably going to make it. But I have to ask, why no slingshot weighted darts? They're a lot more practical since they're about 5 times cheaper than fishing weights, and you don't have to use 2 or 3 of them like you do with BBs or order the supplies in huge amounts from McMaster like for Slugs. I've seen the argument that they make guns too powerful or whatever, but I really think gun limitations can balance that out.

#267380 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 28 February 2010 - 01:41 PM in Modifications

Oh yeah.
Posted Image
Almost finished, all I need is barrels (mediumwall PETG) but those have been pretty tough to find lately. To test the power, I held a piece of thickwall PETG, which has a springer-fit on my darts, up to the turret, and it still fired further than just about any other gun I own. In short, this thing is redonkulous.

#264842 Tsbno Updated! We Have A New Location!

Posted by Salmon on 09 February 2010 - 07:13 PM in Nerf Wars

In all honesty though, the majority of the people at the last war were under-aged, and I couldn't care less.

Yeah, I laughed so hard with my friends about that afterwards at DAFT. Schizo was like, "Also, if anyone here is under 13, please leave" when two-thirds of the people there were like, 7 or 8... Good times.

#264626 Bbb Overhaul

Posted by Salmon on 07 February 2010 - 03:56 PM in Modifications

Sick mod man, I'm impressed. And I'm not really one to talk about cosmetics, but that paint job is damn nice.

#263209 I Wanna Mix It Up A Bit.

Posted by Salmon on 25 January 2010 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

Though they are discontinued, I would recommend an ERTL PAS. You can still get them on Amazon.com. for less than 40$.

Woah, shit, discontinued? I must have been out of nerf for longer than I realized. When did this happen?

#262874 At3k Turret Help

Posted by Salmon on 24 January 2010 - 12:18 AM in Modifications

The screw which you are speaking of is wider than all of the other 3k screws. You may think it's stripped because it doesn't hold when it's screwed in, but you probably either mixed it up with another screw, or you lost it. I had the same thing happen to me.

That could be the problem. I have a really messy worktable, and none of the 3K screws I tried to replace it with worked, so it makes sense I misplaced the right screw. The thing was working fine the night before, so it seems improbable the threads would strip with no cause. I'll look around; but if I can't find that particular screw, do you know of any that might work as a replacement?

EDIT: Never mind, cheesy was right after all. I had mixed up the important screw with one of the useless little screws, and nearly threw it away. Boy am I glad I didn't!

#262846 At3k Turret Help

Posted by Salmon on 23 January 2010 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

So, I'm almost finished overhauling my 3K, and I find that the screw hole on the back of the turret rod seems to be stripped. The screw for it just slides right through, which is a big problem since it holds the rotation mechanism together. Now, I could just glue it in, but I like to be able to take it back apart just in case it fucks up, which, seeing as this is my last unmodified 3K, would be very, very bad. Does anybody know how I could fix this?
Thanks,
Salmon

EDIT: Problem solved. Thanks cheesypiza!

#261695 "paintball" Guns

Posted by Salmon on 13 January 2010 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

This thing looks seriously cool. Its a pity it's not easier to find though. But that plunger tube... yummy.

#253239 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by Salmon on 11 October 2009 - 10:09 AM in General Nerf

On TNT I saw an ad for a new show, "Men of a Certain Age", and this one guy's son is walking around the house in a Hulk costume(?) with a Titan.

#250653 Ertl Pump Action Shotgun Modification

Posted by Salmon on 16 September 2009 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

Oh my god. I freaking love you Coop.

#249695 Nerf Pinpoint Sight - Review!

Posted by Salmon on 05 September 2009 - 09:17 PM in General Nerf

I wish everybody would quit complaining how useless this is. This is really frickin' cool in my opinion, pointless or not, and it looks good to boot.

#249016 Doomsayer Turret Bar Problem

Posted by Salmon on 29 August 2009 - 06:15 PM in Modifications

The spring needs to be able to compress a little bit. Not much, just enough to get 1 or 2 pushnut fasteners on.

#247077 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 14 August 2009 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

First time posting with the HD camera, so my pictures should be much better quality from now on.
I happened to stumble upon a AT2K at Tuesday Morning (the only one there, and for $6.99, too!) and this is what happened to it. Shoots good and far, and the ROF is great, of couse, thanks to the clip. Probably my new primary.
Posted Image
And an FPS view...
Posted Image
EDIT: Woah, WAAAAY too big of pics... Resized.

#247070 Daft 09

Posted by Salmon on 14 August 2009 - 08:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, so I only have a very limited amount of pics right now, but by tonight or tomorrow, quite a few more should be uploaded.

Posted Image
Walking to battle.
Posted Image
Smile still looks stupid, even in our photos... dangit... Other guy from The Colony (in the pink shirt) striking an awesome pose with the DT3 set.
Posted Image
Awesome ammo holder, made out of random barrel stubs glued to a Crossfire shield, that one of the guys from The Colony, TX had. Proved to be extremely effective.
Posted Image
Jack on his cell phone, holding a Hyperfire, looking a bit concerned. Calling in reinforcements, perhaps?