Mr Hands's Content

There have been 10 items by Mr Hands (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#328598 What is the max voltage on the Elite Rayven?

Posted by Mr Hands on 06 April 2013 - 01:23 PM in Modifications

So you can* run 4 trustfires in a stock elite rayven?

#328570 What is the max voltage on the Elite Rayven?

Posted by Mr Hands on 05 April 2013 - 12:12 PM in Modifications

Does anyone have a direct answer? This is stock I'm concerned about. The only thing I want to do is change the batteries, no re- wiring. It's intended for numerous other people to use so I don't want to take our the thermostors.

#328561 What is the max voltage on the Elite Rayven?

Posted by Mr Hands on 05 April 2013 - 04:44 AM in Modifications

So I'd like to settle this bit of information before I go and chose a flywheel blaster. SO, is it true that you can go beyond 3 trustfires with the Elite Rayven? I know for a fact that the stryfe has a voltage limiter, and cuts out at 3 trustfires. What about the elite rayven?

I cant for the love of god find the information anywhere. Anyone tested it in person?

#323346 A better way to mark darts other than Sharpie?

Posted by Mr Hands on 06 November 2012 - 07:39 PM in Darts and Barrels

@Crater, I was talking about coating the tip. Someone mentioned the tip. It would make sense for whistlers, and other "necked" rounds if you're using a Quick 16. But it wouldn't make sense for Elites or Streamlines.

#323268 Trying to guess what oil Nerf uses in their stock blasters

Posted by Mr Hands on 01 November 2012 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

^Good advice! I have to try antifreeze one of these days.

#323267 A better way to mark darts other than Sharpie?

Posted by Mr Hands on 01 November 2012 - 09:49 PM in Darts and Barrels

@Crater, Draconis. You're right. That does seem like a bad idea. There's no way for CA glue to reduce friction at the tip. That doesn't even make physical sense.

I'm going to give putting clear tape over the foam near the tip to see how it protects sharpie. I hope that works.

#323251 Trying to guess what oil Nerf uses in their stock blasters

Posted by Mr Hands on 31 October 2012 - 09:47 PM in Modifications

hm. Still no answer.
@Sha Well of course silicon grease works better. I mentioned that originally.................................

#323097 Trying to guess what oil Nerf uses in their stock blasters

Posted by Mr Hands on 27 October 2012 - 05:56 PM in Modifications

I'd prefer not having to taste it to determine what it is lol.

#323075 A better way to mark darts other than Sharpie?

Posted by Mr Hands on 26 October 2012 - 08:25 PM in Darts and Barrels

So my nerf group and I are findning that Sharpie rubs off pretty easily on darts (even when written on the rubber tips). I can see it fade quickly over a few a week as my nerf group starts using them. I'm thinking I need to start investing in some alternative and more permanent solutions to mark our respective darts. Have any of you ran across a solution that works? I've just ordered an industrial strength sharpie, and I'm hoping that this will work. http://tinyurl.com/9ftzk9h
I've also heard that you can try using solvent-resistant wax markers, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not it will work. What are your preferred solutions for marking your darts permanently?

#323070 Trying to guess what oil Nerf uses in their stock blasters

Posted by Mr Hands on 26 October 2012 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

So I'm getting really close to figuring out what Nerf uses to lubricate their guns. It's not really significant because everyone seems to use that silicon grease anyway, but I'd really like to know what Nerf officially uses. My guess is that they use mineral oil mixed with teflon oil of some sort. Does anyone know if this is true? I seriously hope it's not some unrealeased proprietary mixture.