Super0dp's Content

There have been 63 items by Super0dp (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#334604 Hell After Halloween ('Murika, Fuck Yeah)

Posted by Super0dp on 08 October 2013 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me as a maybe. I really want to go to at least 1 war this year but ill have to check my schedule and go from there...
No guaranties but ill see what I can do.

#331921 New Nerf Line?

Posted by Super0dp on 14 July 2013 - 06:39 PM in General Nerf

I don't know about you guys, but i'm buying the Rebelle version just because its pink. And Nerfing with it would be sweet...
Anyway the blasters has some potential but maybe seem worth it just for re-fitting internals into those cool shells. the springs look small enough to come buy at Lowes or whatever. Might sacrifice on the one-handed capability. The vortex pistols are Hasbro's last chance to push a small vortex blaster.

I see potential, but it may not be worth it.

#331676 Air flow question

Posted by Super0dp on 08 July 2013 - 06:48 PM in General Nerf

So in the quest to make an SvT4B, I acquired a pump. The pump has a ball needle attachment and this needle just so happens to fit it the tubing I'm using.
My question is will I get higher pressures or faster filling of the tank if I use the needle attachment or just stick with the tubing?
The needle has a really small opening, maybe 3/4 of a milimeter or larger. The tubing I'm using has roughly a 1 1/2 milimeter (judging by the needle size) inner diameter.
I can make an adapter from a 1/4 OD 1/8 ID standard barbed fitting from Mc Master. This will provide maybe 1 milimeter of room around the needle.
So will the needle provide more preasure or more airflow? Or will the tubing alone be better.

#330493 Columbus War 5.1 [OH]

Posted by Super0dp on 02 June 2013 - 04:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I am sorry to say that I have to change the date of the war. My flight was changed without notice and I'm unable to play on the 22nd. The war is now the 29th of June. The war date will not be modified again.

Damn, I cant make it now. The 22nd was right in between two trips I have planned. Sry :(

#330476 Columbus War 5.1 [OH]

Posted by Super0dp on 02 June 2013 - 09:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Mark me down as Maybe.

Also, is a shotgun coupled Titan allowed? it has 4 barrels and has the stock OPRV intact.

#329846 Latex Tubing Blaster

Posted by Super0dp on 15 May 2013 - 05:58 AM in Homemades

Damn,that thing is sweet
I know I am a little late to the game but I have some questions.

1. Write-up? You have made several improvements and I think all of us would like to see one.
2. Templates for the 3D printed parts? Files maybe?
3. What is the printer you are using to print the parts?
4. Could you tension the tubing more to produve better results?

#329594 EAT Giveaway

Posted by Super0dp on 10 May 2013 - 02:44 PM in General Nerf

If aliens would attack the earth, and their only weakness was foam. We would be humanity's last hope.
I choose you, Duke Wintermaul as the leader of humanities last army.

Hahah

also, If I had an E.A.T I would go diddle zombies and annoying 5 year olds with it,
Really man, you don't know how annoying and terrifying those 5 year olds are. It's crazy man.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Duke Wintermaul
I choose you...

#329578 Dart-related Nerf war accidents and dart safety tests

Posted by Super0dp on 10 May 2013 - 05:54 AM in Darts and Barrels

I took a 1/4 slingshot weight to the leg at about 20 feet from a guy rushing with a shotgun couplerd Titan. 3 of the 4 barrels hit me but didn't hit bare skin and the 4th hit my leg. I had a welt and semi-major pain for a week.

#329060 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by Super0dp on 26 April 2013 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

I'm looking for some higher quality Tamiya's to do some testing,

Tamya Plasma dash motors. SG nerf uses them to compare stock motors. I did a thread on them. Just search "Nerf gun motors, problems and solutions"
They are very good, I use them I'n my barricades. I run 9v on them and they work fine and have been for over 2 months now.

#329056 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by Super0dp on 26 April 2013 - 04:46 PM in Modifications

This is probably nigh on a necro but after having these motors die on me twice I had to ask. Has anyone else had a pair of these die after maybe 1-2 hours of total use? Both times I reopened my shell and tried spinning the flywheels just to see a huge amount of brush sparking through the endcap of the motors and maybe 50 RPM on the flywheels. I removed everything from the circuit but the rev switch and kept the stock 22 gauge wire. I ran them off of a 7.2V ni-cd pack most of the time and tested a 9.6V pack for a couple of minutes as well. I know nothing was burned out because I have since dropped stock motors again on the same wiring. After having the same thing happen twice I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just incredibly unlucky or if I've done something wrong both times.

The motors have "died" on me for several minutes on me after less than a minute of revving with three ultrafires and normal batteries, even with two dead batteries instead of the normal batteries it dies pretty fast. I have gone the route of one ultrafire and it works fine and I've kept it revving for a little under 5 minutes with no issues. How much use have your motors seen? Mine haven't seen that much.

This is most likely because the motors are brushed. We are putting these motors in situations never intended and they are burning out. If you can open the motor or find replacement brushes on the Internet you can fix them. All brushed motors were out at some point, these seam to wear out much faster than others.

Maybe 3 trust fires is too much? Maybe it is intended to run at stock voltage or a little more?

#328667 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by Super0dp on 10 April 2013 - 02:45 PM in Darts and Barrels

Mainly because N-strike/elite clips require breaches, which have a tendency to jam. A belt would allow a much higher number of darts to be carried than in any clip, and any type of dart to be used if the belt system was designed for it. If it was made into a loop, it'd also allow reloading on the fly; it'd basically just be a flexible turret.

If it is going to be like a turret then you are essentially making a chain-blazer. One disadvantage of using chains would be carrying capacity, if you have 3 chains of 100 rounds each (one in the blaster, two on your vest or belt) you would have chains swinging around and it would be heavy. Even if you compacted them they would take up a lot of space. With a hopper/RCSB you could have the same 300 darts is a pouch or bandolier that would be 1/2 the weight and you could shove darts in several at a time, rather than reloading a whole chain.

Now, because this thread was started on hoppers, I think we should post about the original subject, not on potential reloading mechanisms.
I like Slug's design with the sliver of plastic to direct the dart, but I think we can print it in 1 piece or mod current wyes with wire or zip tie.
If we are going to make custom wyes, why not incorporate special features. Instead of going from PVC to ramp, why not incorporate a funnel to take advantage of the Venturi effect?
Or make holders on the side for extra barrels so if one gets jammed, you can switch it fast and not worry about clearing the jam until you are in a safe zone or after the battle?

#328587 Elite Darts and Clips Info

Posted by Super0dp on 05 April 2013 - 08:04 PM in Darts and Barrels

Their is a case of reload pack Buzz Bee darts not being the same as ones in a blasters packaging.
The darts that are packaged with the Range Master were stiffer and have a heavier tip than normal darts.

I find that darts packaged with 2012 early release (summer of 2012) elite products (refill packs, blasters and "mission kits") are stiffer than current darts.

#328269 A Clip for Elite Darts?

Posted by Super0dp on 22 March 2013 - 05:53 AM in Modifications

An RSCB will work. You could also modify a tagger hopper for Elites.
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=15069
This is a start. Just make the breach and don't worry about the Pistol Splat.

#328256 Homemade flywheel gun

Posted by Super0dp on 21 March 2013 - 07:28 AM in Homemades

UPDATE

I have drawn up some concept sketches of how I think the design might go. The ring of pipes you can see will all hold dart tip-to-tail, like a hopper but bigger. This is obviously a very rough sketch, I made it just now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great, you made a PowerStrike 48
I advise you use a magazine instead of a turret like thing, makes reloading easier.
You could cut off the magwell of a recon/retaliator or a rampage to use.

#328255 Magstrike Air Tank Mod Revisited

Posted by Super0dp on 21 March 2013 - 07:22 AM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure that no HVZ organizations allow stefans, so if that is the case, hoppering it is pointless, because streamline darts do not work in hoppers.

You could build a tagger hopper. Or you could use an RSCB.
Both options have high RoF and are easy to reload.

#328233 Elite Alpha Trooper CS-12 first look

Posted by Super0dp on 20 March 2013 - 01:16 PM in General Nerf

As much as the Retaliator is useful and simple, I much prefer an Alpha Trooper for the fact that it is pump-action. I don't care that it has a range reducing barrel, I prefer ergonomics when there is only a minimal difference in performance.
Cant wait till this comes to the U.S.
Zombies beware.........

#328123 Understanding Air Guns

Posted by Super0dp on 17 March 2013 - 02:10 PM in Homemades

Very, very nice work. Air guns are not as well known in the community and now people can have more information on a very cool topic.
I think it should be sticky, Mods?

#328004 Image of New Elite Blaster

Posted by Super0dp on 14 March 2013 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

Damn, looks like MyLastDart was right.
Stampede on steroids! But why is everything flywheel powered nowadays?
No more electronic plungers? Hmph

#328003 Bullpup Stampede

Posted by Super0dp on 14 March 2013 - 05:31 PM in Modifications

This is really cool. You do a lot of cool things with stampedes.
Why would you use PVC to attach the handle instead of directly securing it to the shell or tac rail? I think this would save a lot of space and make it more compact.

#327774 This thread is retarded

Posted by Super0dp on 07 March 2013 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

Everything is a remix.
Nuff said.

#327572 NDA Exclusive! New 2013 Nerf Mega Centurion

Posted by Super0dp on 03 March 2013 - 08:51 PM in General Nerf

You listed the price in British pounds. Does that mean it will not retail in the U.S.?
Also, at 1.5 meters long, that is awful lot of barrel drag affecting the dart. Will the barrel be tight?
About the plunger design, I think a bolt-action (similar to longshot and longstrike) will better suit modders and XBLA 12yr COD looozers.
Iron sights? Damn.

#326726 Exclusive pics of new 2013 blasters and new ranges

Posted by Super0dp on 12 February 2013 - 09:58 AM in General Nerf

Even though there will be different discs can we still buy the regular ones?
I like the idea of different discs, especially the way the Revonix has the multi-cylinder drum,
you could have the Ranger++ in one cylinder, the Quick Shot in another and the regular in the third.

#326691 Exclusive pics of new 2013 blasters and new ranges

Posted by Super0dp on 11 February 2013 - 04:30 PM in General Nerf

My theory is there are gears inside that the hammer turns as it's pulled down similar to the rough cut.

I think your mistaken, in the video the OP posted on his site the tester person pulled the hammer back, then pulled the trigger and fired a dart. there was no plunger priming or visual movement, just the hammer moving.

#326687 Exclusive pics of new 2013 blasters and new ranges

Posted by Super0dp on 11 February 2013 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

I like how they are re-releasing the vortex blasters with the better paint style and the orange discs. Good stuff over all.
I wonder how the hammer-action pistol works.

#326569 Exclusive pics of new 2013 blasters and new ranges

Posted by Super0dp on 09 February 2013 - 05:47 PM in General Nerf

I don't why everyone is bitching because these are really cool! Hell I would even buy them because a pink nerf gun would be sweet! I see some modding potential and I like how they look ergonomic and smooth.

#326180 Log Home Help Foam questions

Posted by Super0dp on 31 January 2013 - 09:24 AM in Darts and Barrels

Thank you Duxburian, your info was very helpfull
Considering I will be using domes with speed loaders and turrets I think it will be ok.

Thank you every one for your help and info.

#326140 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Super0dp on 30 January 2013 - 02:43 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
IMG_20130130_135736 by Super0dp, on Flickr
A voltage modded barricade

Posted Image IMG_20130130_135717 by Super0dp, on Flickr[/img]
Nerf MP7 equivalent
Stryfe with locks removed and 4 trustfires

Posted Image IMG_20130130_135546 by Super0dp, on Flickr[/img]
Mad scientist pistol

Posted Image IMG_20130130_135507 by Super0dp, on Flickr[/img]
Another angle

Sorry about the picture quality, camera was acting up

#326133 Question to all you modders

Posted by Super0dp on 30 January 2013 - 01:30 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the clarification - how would you folks go about opening up the Vortex range? What is it lacking? Did you folks like the Diatron internals? (Dual-disc technology)

In my opinion the diatom internals were terrible, only left handed priming and it was a massive pain to wield. To open the line up I think there should be a less clunky, less sucky full auto blaster. (the ntron was terrible) maybe a system like the praxis turned full auto?

#326050 Log Home Help Foam questions

Posted by Super0dp on 29 January 2013 - 07:49 PM in Darts and Barrels

So it does not have springer fit in CPVC?
In that case does anyone know of white or bright colored foam that has springer fit in CPVC, and is relatively heat resistant?

#326031 Log Home Help Foam questions

Posted by Super0dp on 29 January 2013 - 02:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

I would like to buy some log Home Help white FBR. I have a few questions about It though:

1. Is it moderatly heat resistant? (I.E. does it melt like crap foam)
2. What is the fit in PETG? (I am going to use it for an AT3K with 12" PETG barrels)
3. How dense is it? (Soft, Moderate, Hard)

To Admins:
Ryan's guide does not include Log Home Help foam.
If there is a similar thread about PETG I think this can slide.

#326029 Question to all you modders

Posted by Super0dp on 29 January 2013 - 01:32 PM in General Nerf

One blaster In particular. Hmmmmm

Stampede maybe?

And what Is this about a blackeye?

#325987 New BuzzBee Panther Pump

Posted by Super0dp on 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

What? So your saying that yours also didn't have a OPV?

Yes, yes I am

#325979 New BuzzBee Panther Pump

Posted by Super0dp on 28 January 2013 - 02:09 PM in General Nerf

I have had the same experience with an Airzone panther from TRU. You can remove a little deadspace by filling the empty cavity with hotglue.

#325931 Question to all you modders

Posted by Super0dp on 27 January 2013 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

I would like to see more airguns, and more clip-fed direct plunger blasters.

On a side note, I think there should be a full auto rife (much like the stampede) in the Elite line.

#325034 My personal pic

Posted by Super0dp on 03 January 2013 - 10:42 AM in Site Feedback

I've noticed since the switch to the new servers, that my personal pic is not saving properly. It was gone after the migration, and switched it out, and it stayed for about a day or two, then it was gone again, and now it won't take it anymore.

I have too. I just re-uploaded the pic and it stayed. I have also noticed significantly lower load times since the server change.

#324883 Dremel Recommendations

Posted by Super0dp on 29 December 2012 - 11:38 AM in Modifications

Dremel 4000 Value pack. comes with case, router, sharpener and bits+bit case.

#324733 Server Migration and New Avatars

Posted by Super0dp on 25 December 2012 - 04:51 PM in News

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Glad to see the site is functioning properly. Can't wait for the new avatars and such.
Happy holidays!

#324721 Hailfire Breakages

Posted by Super0dp on 24 December 2012 - 02:05 PM in General Nerf

No problems with mine. It's been through 3 wars and several HvZ games. Breakages happen. I would reinforce some of the holes in it with epoxy putty.

#324559 Rough Cut AR/peg removal

Posted by Super0dp on 18 December 2012 - 06:51 AM in Modifications

Should I boil the barrels before trying to pry them open?

#324466 Nerf rougcut. Where?

Posted by Super0dp on 14 December 2012 - 09:50 AM in General Nerf

Going by the Retaliator/Rampage early finds... I would say March. I got my Retaliator in Early June, and the release was September. I just got a Rough Cut like a week ago, so by that logic (since no "official" date other than 2013 has been said) I would go with March. But that's just me.

Did you get it online or in a store? If you bought it localy then what store did you get it from?