Mully's Content

There have been 310 items by Mully (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#342539 Epoxy Question

Posted by Mully on 22 October 2014 - 11:00 PM in Modifications

A combination of hot glue+epoxy putty, with a dash of super glue, Jb weld, and maybe Bondo if you wanna go crazy with it.
Epoxy putty should be sold in the plumbing department of your local hardware store.

#342072 Rapidstrike Revving Problem

Posted by Mully on 19 September 2014 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Don't take it apart of you don't know what your doing. That would void the warranty. If it doesn't affect performance, and isn't so big a deal forget about it. If you feel the blaster is dysfunctional in any way, just return it, I've purchased quite a few blasters new that have had defects.

#341733 Polycarbonate sheet from Amazon

Posted by Mully on 04 September 2014 - 12:25 PM in Homemades

I ordered PC on amazon once; 12x12x1/4", I got it cheap under the 'new/used' category, and they sent me acrylic instead, which is weaker then PC and brittle.

#341621 Rearloading Firefly Help

Posted by Mully on 30 August 2014 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

Their may be too much friction generated by your new seal, the standard rotation mechanism for the firefly is pretty weak. Go ahead and upload some pictures of the internals, it'll be easier to troubleshoot with them.

#341140 Issues with modifying an Elite Alpha Trooper

Posted by Mully on 10 August 2014 - 01:18 PM in Modifications

You might've flipped the catch or just re-installed it incorrectly; the catch spring may be too weak (an issue if you've upped the main spring); one or a number of things could be slightly off with your blaster or the way it was modified, go ahead and upload some pictures, it'll make diagnosing the issue easier.
Don't file/sand/add anything extra right now, usually these sorts of problems are easy to fix.

#339690 Last Armageddon (Armageddon XV)

Posted by Mully on 22 June 2014 - 01:18 AM in Nerf Wars

What a great war. The only bad part was when we all had to go home an hour and a half after it was officially over.

+ The location was ideal.
+ The crowd was great, as was the turnout.
+ Missile crisis had a definitive winner, and it didn't last 2-1/2 hours.
+ The rounds were well organized, and their were plenty of 'em.
+ My stuff didn't break.
+ Pants hit me with a hot pink Z-curve bow from like 50'

#339451 titian barrel size

Posted by Mully on 09 June 2014 - 11:11 PM in Darts and Barrels

1-1/4" PVC pipe has almost the exact same OD (outside diameter) as a Titan barrel, it's just a tiny bit bigger.

#339160 Weird stampede issue

Posted by Mully on 26 May 2014 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

If it can fire 15-20x before stopping, you don't have a catch problem. It sounds like the motor has a defect, I've purchased quite a few blasters brand new that had preexisting conditions.
Getting a firing vid up of it would be super helpful.

#339131 T.U.R.N.U.P.

Posted by Mully on 24 May 2014 - 07:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I showed up to the park at 3:45 and nobody was there, am I missing something?

#339008 Failed attempt at silicone tip creation.

Posted by Mully on 17 May 2014 - 08:28 PM in Darts and Barrels

Give it more time to cure.

#338894 T.U.R.N.U.P.

Posted by Mully on 12 May 2014 - 04:13 PM in Nerf Wars

We can meet up a week later if you want, back-to-back weekend it. And this is just a Pasadena crew thing, not especially SCUN affiliated.

Would be a bit better for me as well.

#338879 T.U.R.N.U.P.

Posted by Mully on 11 May 2014 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there! No domes?

#338840 Shooting Small Bore Ballistic Balls

Posted by Mully on 09 May 2014 - 10:36 PM in Darts and Barrels

I really love where this is going, someone (Calipants?) brought something similar to last years 'Geddon, he took two foam balls like these, had a ~1" pipe hooked up to an SGSL, rammed a ball down the barrel, threw in a bunch of darts, rammed down another ball, and set it off a few times. The effect was pretty pretty sweet; none of use used it, though I heard it was a great DTC weapon to have lying around during game play. It only shot ~20', the spread was excellent though.
I've seen these components lying around various hardware stores, I just haven't looked into them further. Don't worry about getting slammed for pvc tanks either; as long as you play it safe, you'll be fine. I don't think it'll be efficient to use however, the problem with the projectile is that its size-to-weight ratio is pretty unbalanced, for lack of better terminology, so the most you'll get out of it, unles you want to modify the projectile, or build some sort of ridiculous, unpractical accelerator, is probably around what you're getting now.
Looks great!

#338714 BBB help!

Posted by Mully on 05 May 2014 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

Don't do it, it's a guide rail. It makes sure the sliding components stay aligned.
This is a very good guide to mods one can do to a 3B, by Beaver.

#338701 brass in houston T.X.

Posted by Mully on 05 May 2014 - 06:26 PM in Darts and Barrels

Any hobby store, some art-stores. Enter either kind of store in google maps, make some calls, you'll find it.

#338690 war help

Posted by Mully on 05 May 2014 - 12:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I recommend going to one before hosting a war; regarding hosting, here's a few helpful links, to get you started. There's a wealth of information on the subject in the forums, use the search function, check out war threads in the war sub-forum, etc.
Shindig's guide to hosting a war.
Various common game types, curtesy of Ice nine

#338645 Front Page Update: May

Posted by Mully on 03 May 2014 - 01:44 PM in News

- A Dremel comes to mind first; it's been essential in nearly every mod I've ever done. A good one will last you for a long time; I recommend getting a dremel 3000, from the dremel company. It's the perfect mixture of size and portability, in my opinion.

- A drill, and all sorts of bits. The drill can be of mediocre quality, as long as it doesn't burn out, it'll work for modding.

- A drill press and scroll saw, if you're into making home mades. I own a scroll saw, not a drill press, so someone else will have to help you out in that department. Regarding scroll saws, I have one from Craftsman, and it's served me well. I believe it's the same Snickers has.

- Glue. A glue gun and ammo, superglue, Oatie's pipe cement, epoxy putty, JB weld, etc. The better the quality here, the longer your blasters will last.

- General tools: A rubber mallet (whatever you can find), a hammer, plyers, scissors, a soldering iron, if you're into electric stuff, price depending on how into that you are; a razor blade and various screwdrivers (flat and philips); you can go get cheap stuff here too, and bastard files of appropriate size.

Safety equipment:

Rubber gloves, a respirator, (get the best you can here), glasses/goggles, whatever you think is necessary. Don't skimp here, safety takes priority.

Other materials:

Lubricant: I use Lucas Oil White Lithium grease; it comes in huge tubes at the Home Depot. Silicon grease, I use Superlube. It works well for modding blasters, as it spreads thinner than Lithium grease.
Rags, teflon tape, electrical tape, a ruler, various pvc pipe sizes and fittings,polycarbonate, and other such raw materials.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll add more later if I can think of anything else.

#338583 Coloring/Painting Darts?

Posted by Mully on 30 April 2014 - 09:01 PM in Darts and Barrels

You can't color darts without messing up barrels, just buy a colorful foam. White foam is good, pink foam is good, even beige foam'll do it.

#338420 Voltage Modded Stampede problem... It keeps going, and going, and goin

Posted by Mully on 22 April 2014 - 07:55 PM in Modifications

How many Trustfires are you using? If you're filling up the tray, there's your problem. It could also be the pusher-rod under the catch, the direction in which you've placed the catch (if you removed it while modding), or your stampede could be cycling to quickly. If it runs fine at twelve volts, the first two issues can be eliminated; your problem is probably how fast your stampede is cycling.
When you pull the trigger on a Stampede, a white lever coming from the trigger compresses a switch, engaging the motor, which moves the plunger. The plunger holds down the switch until the cycle is completed; holding the trigger down will make the cycle repeat itself, which is what gives the Stampede the ability to fire full-auto. If the system is running to quickly, the switch-lever can't move back to it's original position, which causes the runaway.

#338393 I'd like a suggestion.

Posted by Mully on 21 April 2014 - 08:22 PM in Homemades

It takes quite a bit of force to prime most homemades; a springer may be to difficult for a ten year old to use.
Carbon came up with a solution for younger people to get into the homemade scene; the SNAP-7 Microbow is simple, cost effective and designed for a younger age group, while remaining competitive with other homemade options on the Haven.

#338256 homemade airgun help

Posted by Mully on 15 April 2014 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

Let me introduce you to the Pvat.
Original writeup
Another writeup
...and another writeup.
These are hard to make and take a lot of fine-tuning, their are many different powerful tanks out there, one of 'em should work.

#338051 Ebay darts

Posted by Mully on 05 April 2014 - 02:01 PM in Darts and Barrels

I asked the same question, and received lots of good answers; here's the thread:
http://nerfhaven.com...=1

I found a similar discussion on the HVZ forums as well:
http://forums.humans...ic,13251.0.html

Hope this helps.

#337857 Spring replacement for Nite-Finder

Posted by Mully on 29 March 2014 - 09:48 PM in Modifications

I've been using a Home Depot garage door spring (purchased in this spring assortment) recommended here on the haven that has worked fantastically with the last two NF's I've done. The only problem is that the spring requires some heavy reinforcements, among them bolting the plunger tube to the shell.
Sure makes an NF shoot hard though.
Hope this helps.

#337821 Nerf Vulcan mod troubleshooting

Posted by Mully on 29 March 2014 - 12:27 AM in Modifications

...vaseline...

I used to use Vaseline, it's not good for the longevity of nerf guns in general. It's a petrochemical, a chemical derived from the refinement of petroleum, which will erode the inside of your blaster slowly as time goes on, as plastics are also oil based.
As to your problem, that particular battery might be making the Vulcan cycle to quickly, give it a shot with normal batteries and see what gives.

#337777 Super cool gun that i dont know what to do with...

Posted by Mully on 28 March 2014 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

If you haven't modified this thing in any way, reassemble it, and use it for it's meant. Vintage Larami super soakers are awe inspiring, there wasn't ever (and will never be) a super soaker line more powerful than these.

#337776 Any Nerf people here in So Cal?

Posted by Mully on 27 March 2014 - 11:54 PM in General Nerf

I'm in SoCal, we have a huge nerf-population here. Most wars here are SCUN hosted, and take place in and around the Glendora area.

#337673 Stock barrels that can be used with the Stryfe?

Posted by Mully on 25 March 2014 - 01:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

Any extension with the normal 'twist-lock' mechanism should work, just be warned that the extension will significantly decrease range and accuracy, especially if you're running the stryfe on stock-voltage.

#337671 Nerf Repair Experts?

Posted by Mully on 25 March 2014 - 01:11 PM in General Nerf

I did hours of research before I popped open my first stampede; my advice would be to dip into the great wealth of nerf videos and internals pics here and on the web, to familiarize yourself with the internals of the blaster(s) you want to repair. Watch mod tutorials, use the search feature on the haven, etc. if you have the time and tools for the job you should be good.

#337541 Double SnapBow

Posted by Mully on 18 March 2014 - 02:52 PM in Homemades

Thanks for the replies, I will hopefully build one of these soon. Since I don't have any 1 1/2 inch thin wall PVC could I just use 1 inch and 1 1/4 inch PVC combo? (Assuming that I can find an appropriately sized washer.)

You could theoretically, you'd just lose a lot of range and power. You'd also have to downsize everything. 1-1/2" thinwall isn't that difficult to find; check your local tractor supply stores, or irrigation supply stores, or even your local home Depot or Lowes, sometimes they carry it.

#337530 Double SnapBow

Posted by Mully on 17 March 2014 - 08:07 PM in Homemades

PVC in general is verrrry machinable, even if all you have is hacksaw+dremel. Long cuts and the slots will be physically laborious, but are completely doable. Here's hoping you have a lot of cut-off wheels, you'll need them.

At this point I pretty much only use a dremel to do slots/pump-slides etc, it requires some practice, but it works well, and with proper practice/effort the slots look great.

#337440 Painting Help

Posted by Mully on 06 March 2014 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

^^ not to mention illegal, at least in Ca.

#337428 Question about external mod.

Posted by Mully on 05 March 2014 - 10:50 PM in Site Feedback

If it's a picture/description, it goes in the picture thread.
If it's a writeup, start a new topic with it, or edit this one.

#337261 Nerf Vulcan Batterie Mod

Posted by Mully on 24 February 2014 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

Maybe its because i used super glue to attach the cabels ?

Yes. Electrical connections completed with glue don't work well; they result in the kind of problems you're having.
Get a soldering iron, and re-do all the connections you made with the glue. Before you do that though, make sure you take off as much glue as possible; melted cyanoacrylate is BAD STUFF.

#337252 Last Armageddon (Armageddon XV)

Posted by Mully on 23 February 2014 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

are hot glue stefans ok?

Here are the dart restrictions for this war (copied and pasted from the first post, detailing the rules/regs):

Slugs and safer darts only. No metal is preferred but I understand that to maximize attendance while keeping it safe I need to keep this restriction more open. If you do make slugs, use #6 washers and not #8 washers. Use Ryan McNumbers' excellent guide available here if you plan on making slugs. If you use larger ammo, like megas or similar, keep them soft-tipped by the same guidelines as above.

Glue domes are not considered to be safe darts, by these standards they are disallowed.

Legal darts include, but aren't limited too:

Slugs, curtesy of Ryan mc#'s,

And AMIORS, thanks to KaneTheMediocre

#337249 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by Mully on 23 February 2014 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

My recommendation would be to just start the pressure at 10psi, and then just dial it up a little after a few shots until you've reached power equivalent to that of a standard 4b.

@Draconis, It's interesting you say that, I haven't ever heard of those sorts of restrictions.

#337186 Nerfhaven hacked?

Posted by Mully on 21 February 2014 - 11:12 PM in Site Feedback

When you type "Nerfhaven" into Google, the first thing that pops up, is, of course, NH. But below the name of the website, and url, or whatever that bit of green text is, there's a warning that I've noticed for about a week now, that suggests that "this site may be hacked." It was a link, I hit it, and it directed me to this page in google's troubleshooting directory.
Admin's, are we good? I hope the warning popped up because of the recent influx in spam-bots, I just want to be sure.

#337185 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P.

Posted by Mully on 21 February 2014 - 10:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Due to a short-notice change in plan, I won't be able to make it out tomorrow.
I'll see you all at 'Geddon, or hopefully before at some point.

#337174 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P.

Posted by Mully on 20 February 2014 - 08:47 PM in Nerf Wars

There should be enough darts to go around.

Sweet, I had the feeling, just wanted to be sure I was covered.

#337147 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P.

Posted by Mully on 19 February 2014 - 08:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Does anyone have any darts they'd be willing to lend/sell? I don't think I'll have any time to make a batch before Saturday.

#336989 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P.

Posted by Mully on 11 February 2014 - 08:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.