Alfatrooper's Content

There have been 85 items by Alfatrooper (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#362649 NorthEast Nerf War! (NENC #1) March 3rd

Posted by Alfatrooper on 04 March 2018 - 03:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi everyone,

This was a really amazing event. Thank you to everyone who helped host and run rounds especially: Dennis, Van, Nester, Phil and DX. Thank you to the Philadelphia nerf group for bringing their mobsticles.

Thank you,

Hope to see everyone soon!

Alfatrooper

#362002 CTNO 3 (November 18th, Saturday)

Posted by Alfatrooper on 21 November 2017 - 10:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I would like to thank DX and Van for hosting the war and bringing the mobsticles. I would like to thank Dennis for hosting the event and running rounds.

This worked really well as an ultra-stock war. Not sure there was any real difference though other than the name. We still had five people using NIC primaries.

Pro:

• Seeing and talking with everyone again! 
  • We had 19 players!!! This was really fun.
  • Kids from the park joining us for superstock rounds.
  • Really nice field. I think we will be using this one from now on because of the good on site, bathrooms, parking, water, trash, electricity, and roof.
  • Cut down mobsticles, since the last war, our cover has been modified to be shorter. This means that you have to kneel down, sit, or be in a very low athletic position to have cover. This forced me to change how I think about the cover. Although I prefer trees, these short mobsticles were fun and forced me to adapt.
  • Good 1 vs 1 rounds
  • Push flag game worked out well. I think that if there are not too many players there should not be a time limit. At the end when there are only 2-3 players on each side is when it becomes more strategic and fun.
  • Dennis hosting. This was a different experience for me and i'm not sure how I feel about it. I thought he did a great job. 
  • 3 fixed field cameras which were easy to set up.
  • Very fun pistol round at the end with teams of two.
  • The round where we pushed Van and DX up the hill and then in the end beat them.
  • The round where Van was using a 4B and I thought we would lose, but in the end my teammate hit DX with a rival ball launched by a slingshot.

Cons?

• Clip blasters take time to load. I was happy about the number of rounds we did, however I think we could have played even more. 
  • Clean up was immense. There were so many darts to pick up. I'm not sure how to deal with this in the future especially because there is a lot of space on this field.

10 out of 10 will nerf again. Thank you everyone for an amazing day. 

Alfatrooper

#361240 APOCALYPSE 2017 - Saturday August 5th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Alfatrooper on 09 August 2017 - 10:46 AM in Nerf Wars

I would like to thank everyone who came out and had a fun time nerfing! Thank you Langley for bringing water and helping to run rounds. Thank you to everyone who helped to pick teams and run rounds. Thank you to Deadshooter and Zorn for taking photos of the event. Lastly, thank you Nick for hosting and DX for being a great partner throughout the day. 

Pros:

• Seeing and talking with everyone again.
  • Meeting new people like Jeremy, Drew's friend and the father and son pair. They played great the entire day.
  • Containment Crew, you guys played great the whole day.
  • Awesome teamwork with OMC taking out most of the other team.
  • Defeating the opponents in one tunnel to then attack Richard who dodges two of my shots, falls backwards, and somehow fires his 4B and hits me.
  • Being partners with JAX at the beginning of blob and creating our own team of 10 people.
  • Having fun with Carpe even though my team lost.
  • Being on Langley's team for at least 3 rounds
  • VIP being fun even though my team also got wrecked. Hitting Van at the end was totally worth it though.
  • Rounds moving quickly and with lots of variety.
  • Blaster working great the entire day after repairs.

Thank you again to everyone who came out. I will have footage of the war on my Youtube channel in a few weeks.

Alfatrooper

#361021 APOC pre-war shakedown

Posted by Alfatrooper on 17 July 2017 - 08:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, sorry i'm busy this Saturday. Wish I could come though. Maybe in September we could have a large NJ war.

Have fun at the war. See you at APOC.

#360639 [CT] NENO 17 Saturday June 17th

Posted by Alfatrooper on 18 June 2017 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi everyone. Thank you all for coming out and nerfing. In total we had 11 people- a combination of vets and first time NENO players. I would also like to thank DX and Van for supplying mobsticles.

Pros: 

• seeing everyone again
  • having fun
  • new playing field which some people loved and others like me didn't like
  • many high quality rounds
  • great balanced teams all day
  • 3 rounds of superstock because it was so fun!
  • good cleanup
  • that final 1 vs 1 with Jaxon

Hope to see you all soon at a CTNO! I think DX has the group photo as well as some photos which are on FB. I will have footage up in a few weeks if you are interested. Thank you.

#360610 [CT] NENO 17 Saturday June 17th

Posted by Alfatrooper on 16 June 2017 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

So it looks like it'll be scattered thunderstorms and rain the whole time. It'd be irresponsible to not reschedule the war. 

War is still on and everyone is busy for the next few weeks. We will take cover under the trees if it thunders. Bring extra socks and a towel.

See you all tomorrow!

#360030 2017 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Alfatrooper on 20 May 2017 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

[code]
June:

[http://nerfhaven.com...rday-june-17th/] June 17th [CT] NENO 17 [/url]

[/code]

#360029 [CT] NENO 17 Saturday June 17th

Posted by Alfatrooper on 20 May 2017 - 09:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, it's time to nerf!

Date: Saturday June 17th, 2016

940 Whitney Ave,
Hamden, CT

You can park on Armory Street or Edgehill and then walk to the playing location.

Exact location:

41°20'12.2"N 72°54'54.9"W

41.336718, -72.915245

IMG_0133_zpsh9vwzacr.jpg 

With one or two mobsticles, this can become an awesome playing area. There are also some other cool features like a bridge and hill with paths around it. 

Time: 10:00-4:30. Please be there on time. We will start warmup rounds as soon as we have enough for 3 vs 3. It would be much appreciated if some people could arrive early to help out with mobsticles. My group should be there by 9:30 so we can get things running by 10.

Hosts: Duxburian, Langley, JLego, Aeromech, Nick, Miguel, Van and myself.

Lunch: Please bring your own. We will probably also have two people leave the field and pick up pizza for the group.

Rules:
Safety glasses must be worn at all times during rounds for participants.
Barrel taps ARE allowed.
Shields are NOT allowed.
Throwing darts IS allowed.
Not taking a hit will result in the player sitting out a round.
I or one of the other hosts has the right to spot ban over powered blasters.
All blasters must shoot on average less than 310 fps.

Dart restrictions: 

#6, #8 slugs, and silicon domes only. Stock amo of any kind is also allowed. 

Check list:

Lunch,
Snacks,
Lots of water, (gatorade is also good)
Blaster for a raffle.
Darts,
Two primaries, there is no guarantee of getting a loaner. Please bring all of the usable blasters you can. We can't stretch this enough.
Pistol for pistol rounds,
Money,
Sunscreen.

Game types:

We will be playing a good mix of game types.

Elimination: 

3/15
Freeze tag
Kill Confirmed
Countdown
Wingman

Objective:

VIP
Defence CTF (a NENO special)
Carpe Testiculum
Two flag CTF
DTC
Ultimate Core penetration

Link to Facebook event:

Confirmed Nerfers:

DX
Van

Jax

Nick

Tyler

David

myself

Some others from FB and some plus ones.

#358100 Infrequent Chat – Sunday 26 February 2017: Nerf War Likes/Dislikes

Posted by Alfatrooper on 20 February 2017 - 10:21 PM in General Nerf

Hey Ice Nine, any chance this could take place earlier in the day? Is it possible for the chat to happen at 10pm Eastern time? Its great to finally have another chat, it's been too long! I love the discussion topics; the most interesting being picking teams and the level of extrovertedness required to run wars.

#357758 [CT] Connecticut Nerf Out - Sunday, January 29th 2017

Posted by Alfatrooper on 31 January 2017 - 07:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey everyone! I would like to thank DX for hosting this amazing event and everyone who came out to nerf and have fun. Even for a small war of nine people, it was definitely worth it and shows that even small events can be really fun.

Pros:

• Seeing and talking with everyone again
  • Getting in lots and lots of high quality rounds with good playing and teamwork
  • Was fully warmed up by round 2- a new record
  • Proving to Van that my team can win and that the second round when making teams is always a better game than the first
  • Meeting Gram
  • having fun cover with the simplified mobsticles, trash cans, and chairs
  • hitting a new level of playing starting round four
  • Great time overall
  • Chatting with Jax and DX

I hope to see all of you soon!

Alfatrooper

#357530 Frozen Foam 3: Chilled to Perfection

Posted by Alfatrooper on 11 January 2017 - 03:19 PM in Nerf Wars

This was a very fun and unique experience even with the short playing time. I would like to thank Aeromech for hosting and everyone who attended for being awesome participants.

Pros

• seeing and talking with everyone again
  • not being too cold
  • sentinel worked well the whole day
  • great rounds when the teams were even
  • lots of new players
  • plenty of darts

See you all soon!

Alfatrooper

#357463 Frozen Foam 3: Chilled to Perfection

Posted by Alfatrooper on 05 January 2017 - 05:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Really looking forward to this! 

Me too! Looking forward to meeting all of the new players and seeing friends! Sorry, but I will be late to the war, some family stuff in the morning and will hopefully arrive between 11:10 and 11:40 depending on traffic. 

Does anyone have a preference on where we are playing? I know i'm not the war host, but I think it would be better to play where we played at Frozen Fury 2015 instead of the open field like at Mechout. It should be equally easy for loading  mobsticles and locating the playing area (you have to drive past it on the other side to enter the parking lot.) Dart sweeping is much easier as well as rounds end faster because people are more restrained. It is also much closer to the bathrooms which is nice (no 10 minute walk back and forth.) Also, with super stockers, the cover is better in that area because of the tree layout. I guess my last point is that the I felt the feel of the war to be better in that area because of the nicer staging area ground and it is nice to switch things up. 

Anyway, I can't wait for Saturday!

Alfatrooper

#356559 [CT] NENO 16 October 29 (Now Recapping with Photos)

Posted by Alfatrooper on 01 November 2016 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I would like to thank everyone for coming out and having a great time nerfing and having fun. I would like to thank DX for bringing the mobsticles which were a significant improvement in cover. I would like to thank everyone who helped set up the day and made sure the park looked great when we left it. I would also like to thank Containment Crew for bringing food to the war for people to eat. I would also like to thank everyone who helped me host especially Langley for running that extra mid war round and DX for being my go-to coordination partner. This was in my opinion the best NENO we have ever had thanks to the high attendance, great field, and high number of quality rounds. 

Pros

• Getting to see and talk with everyone again and meeting new people!

• Tons of 3/15 rounds

• Super intense kill confirmed with fun and interesting teams

• First time doing 2 flag CTF at a NIC war ever. I think we could continue to play this game type at Edgerton using the fountain. 

• 1 Flag Defense CTF being fun

• great teams all day which lead to perfect rounds

• enough blasters for everyone

• enough food for everyone

• perfect weather

• being able to play on everyone's team except Van

• Jax having fun in the superstock

• plenty of darts with great recovery

• Lots of new people to NENO

Photos!

unnamed-1_zpsdjmvc3nf.jpg

Group photo. (picture not including Langley or Ron)

unnamed-2_zpsuiyrui0r.jpg

unnamed-3_zpstpknjf9z.jpg

unnamed-9_zpsbkommjr0.jpg

unnamed-10_zpsatesot58.jpg

unnamed-11_zpsyab635sx.jpg

From the final 3/15:

unnamed-4_zpsom9twnzp.jpg

unnamed-6_zps2zp7jout.jpg

See you all at Frozen Foam!

Alfatrooper

#356478 [CT] NENO 16 October 29 (Now Recapping with Photos)

Posted by Alfatrooper on 28 October 2016 - 06:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, NENO is tomorrow! This is going to be a really awesome and fun war. Bring something for a raffle! Please bring a lunch and dress warmly. See you tomorrow!

#355904 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Alfatrooper on 20 September 2016 - 09:20 PM in Nerf Wars

October:

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/topic/27197-ct-neno-16-saturday-october-29/-url] 29th [CT] NENO 16[/url]

#355888 [CT] NENO 16 October 29 (Now Recapping with Photos)

Posted by Alfatrooper on 20 September 2016 - 02:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Bring out your A game for the only New England NIC war this fall. Mobsticles meet Edgerton.

Date: Saturday October 29, 2016

75 Cliff St, 
New Haven, CT 

Time: 10:00-4:30. Please be there on time. We will start warmup rounds as soon as we have enough for 3 vs 3. It would be much appreciated if some people could arrive early to help out with mobsticles. My group should be there by 9:30 so we can get things running by 10.

Hosts: Duxburian, Langley, JLego, Aeromech, Nick, Miguel, Van and myself.

Lunch: Please bring your own. We will probably also have two people leave the field and pick up pizza for the group.

Rules:
Barrel taps ARE allowed.
Shields are NOT allowed.

Dart restrictions: 

Check list:

Lunch,
Snacks,
Blaster for a raffle.
Darts,
Two primaries, there is no guarantee of getting a loaner. Please bring all of the usable blasters you can. We can't stretch this enough.
Money,
Sunscreen.

Game types:

Elimination: 

3/15
Freeze tag
Kill Confirmed
Countdown
Wingman

Objective:

VIP
Defence CTF (a NENO special)
Carpe Testiculum
Two flag CTF
DTC

Confirmed attendance list: (nerfhaven) (14)

Myself
DX
Van
Lucian
JLego
Aeromech
Langley
JBoyNerf

CA-99

TED

(From FB)
Ronald Guida

David

Thomas Corbett

Arress O'Nine

Link to Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/619934631521502/ 

#355389 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Alfatrooper on 07 August 2016 - 01:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I would like to thank Langley for hosting an amazing war, running great rounds and giving me an active part in hosting. I would also like to thank everyone who helped bring equipment to the field in the morning and people who brought tents for us to use. Also, I would like to thank DX, Van, and Sam for bringing and setting up mobsticles.

Pros:

• Being able to see and talk to people again, if it had been a year or only two weeks.
  • Seeing Miguel and Nick
  • Being on a 2 man team with Nick in the morning wingman
  • new staging area
  • fun, mostly balanced teams creating high level play
  • everyone enjoying the day and having fun
  • being team captain multiple times before and after lunch

11/10 will nerf again. See you guys soon!

Alfatrooper

#355077 Midsummer Mech-Out 7.16.16

Posted by Alfatrooper on 18 July 2016 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I would like to thank Aeromech for hosting this war and DX and Van for bringing mobsticles. This was the best Long Island and one of the best wars I have attended. It was an awesome day and I enjoyed the fully packed rounds. Although I would always love to get even more fighting in, we still managed to do extremely well in surviving the 95 degree heat without much water. I enjoyed playing on teams with different people and the team strategy we tried to implement. 

Pros:

• seeing and talking with everyone again especially DX during lunch
  • being unofficial co-host and running almost every round
  • meeting new players
  • seeing people get better
  • realizing I could take the heat
  • #zacklivesmatter
  • 1 vs 1 with Van
  • using a new barrel and gaining an extra like 25 feet
  • loaning out my 4B
  • the super intense 1 flag CTF rounds especially when Van got shot in the foot with a stock hammershot by Edmund while carrying the flag. Both teams then turned up the heat and I think we managed to stall them an additional 30 seconds once Van put the flag down.
  • playing really well starting a few rounds before lunch and even getting better through the end (excluding that 3 team 3/15 and the 2/0 round)
  • the field was amazing with the open space, trees and mobstacles- the field is so good it is worth the drive
  • being able to come up with different teams and balance them effectively
  • intentionally putting myself on the weaker team each round so I could fight Van and DX creating a more memorable playing time when I did fight with them
  • Aeromech doing really well with his stryfe especially when holding his own against DX in that 2/0 round when I was busy with other stuff
  • the "new" Tim using my old snap carbine and being really effective
  • the superstock guys knowing how to flank like crazy and putting me and other people off balance
  • the amazing Zach teamwork with Zack the Mack and I
  • all those "Hits on DX"
  • the non Zack the Mack, DX, David, and Van team winning the second round

I would like to thank everyone for coming out, playing hard, strategizing, cleaning up, and having a great time! 8/10 will nerf again!

Alfatrooper

#354809 [CT] Connecticut Nerf Out - Norwalk - Saturday, July 2nd

Posted by Alfatrooper on 05 July 2016 - 11:05 AM in Nerf Wars

A huge thank you to DX, Van, and Sam for building mobsticles, finding and preparing the field, and for running one of the best NIC wars I have been to. Also a huge thank you to everyone who helped clean up at the end of the day.

Pros:

• seeing and talking with everyone again
  • being team captain and facilitating rounds
  • the field: this was the most fun layout I could imagine and everything about where we played was perfect
  • mostly balanced teams with really high quality 3/15 rounds
  • 1 vs 1 with Van; always fun
  • everyone being in a great fun mood while still minimizing down time

11/10 will be nerfing again!

#354325 Midsummer Mech-Out 7.16.16

Posted by Alfatrooper on 17 June 2016 - 07:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Lets do it!

#353670 Nerf Wars Pictures/Footage Thread

Posted by Alfatrooper on 22 May 2016 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

My channel has a video of almost every war I have attended and is constantly getting updated. Thank you Ice Nine for posting this thread, I appreciate the work that is going into showing the progression of nerf.

This is probably my best video in terms of editing. The footage from NENO 15 will be up by early June and should be edited to a higher level.

#353669 East Coast Geddon Warmup War - June 4th in North Brunswick NJ

Posted by Alfatrooper on 22 May 2016 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry guys, I don't think I will be able to go to this one because I have finals that Monday and have to study. I especially feel bad because you guys went to NENO and GnomeFEST. Really jealous of college students right now... Have fun and take lots of photos and videos!

#353330 [CT] NENO 15 May 1st

Posted by Alfatrooper on 08 May 2016 - 02:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I would like to thank everyone who worked hard and traveled far to make it to the war. Especially in the rain. It was fun and a great time, can't wait for more. 

Thanks for all the free shit, especially Zach for snapcarbines and his broken rainbow, along with a place to stay and having me co-host. Forgot I was a host lol,

Awesome to have you! I really appreciate the time and effort you and DX make to attend, help run, and contribute to the awesome wars we have been having!

Pros:

• Langley- Thank you so much for coming out and playing with us. You really helped make this war special and memorable.
  • Great turnout even when many people couldn't make it 
  • Having fun and balanced rounds even when I made all of the teams. I like having team captains, but in order to make good rounds for this war, it was necessary for me to balance them, but we still managed to have everyone fight with one another on the same team. 
  • efficient lunch, thank you to Devil's mom for getting us the food; it saved people having to leave the field
  • good 3/15, stock rounds, and CTF
  • Having fun the night before
  • Having SeriouslyHarry back (the original NENO host)

I would like to thank everyone for coming and having fun with us. I think DX has the group photo which will be posted at some point. I will also have first person war videos on my youtube channel hopefully be mid June.

See you guys soon,

Alfatrooper

#352982 Thursday Night Chatroom Discussion: Upcoming Nerf Wars and Gametypes

Posted by Alfatrooper on 23 April 2016 - 12:53 PM in General Nerf

If by any chance, could the next one possibly happen on a non-school night? Is it worth creating a schedule for these events? I unfortunately missed this one, but will definetly make it next time. Thank you to the admins who created the chat room and are making it possible to have these conversations.

#352389 Requesting Site Feedback

Posted by Alfatrooper on 23 March 2016 - 01:19 PM in Site Feedback

The recent updates to the cite have been incredible. Keep up the good work and thank you Ice Nine for creating this thread! However, there are things that I think could potentially be improved.

The main complaint I hear about NH is that when people log on and scroll through the forums they see either closed topics or help threads. I think it would be helpful to be able to move these two types of threads to their own sub forums, (maybe hidden) to allow new viewers to better see write ups.

The messenger system however efficient, is still a very slow way to communicate. When sending out many messages when planing a war, the system becomes very difficult to use. Maybe a way of doing group messages and creating a contact list would be helpful instead of individually sending out many individual ones. I know not many people do this when planing a war, however there are some people who attend NENO who only use NH for nerfing.

I really like the FB and NH connection. The only problem is when you change your FB profile picture, it also changes on NH. Is there a way to not have the NH one change? This is helpful for people who use one FB account and who also like to keep nerf separate.

Another aspect of NH that I think needs to be addressed are member titles and the contributor group. In the past it is difficult to get either a member title or in the contributor group. The build challenges have helped with this a little by giving some guide lines, but mostly the process of getting into the group or getting a member title have not been outlined. New definitions of how to get into that group should be defined. Also, there should be a path (and it seems like this has been the only way in the past) of getting in that group for people who host NIC wars. Having wars arguably shows the highest level of commitment a person can have in the hobby. It seems like most of the admins are people who host wars on the East and West coasts and have been nerfing a long time. We need to emphasize the waring aspect of the hobby in order for it to continue. I think people should be acknowledged on the cite for going to wars and hosting them. because that is the interactive social part of the hobby and is maybe the only reason that people who have attended 25+ wars are still interested. 

Edit: It is possible to be loged on with Facebook and use a different profile picture. You have to click on "change photo" then import your own with the correct size. FB automatically re-sizes it for NH, but if you want a different one you have to manually re-size it using a different software.

#350465 Frozen Foam Part II, Long Island NY [1/2/2016]

Posted by Alfatrooper on 04 January 2016 - 11:17 AM in Nerf Wars

I would like to thank Aeromech for hosting as well as everyone one who attended for helping to make a good war.

Pros:

-Seeing and talking with everyone

-Using my RBP again

-meeting new NIC nerfers

-being team captain for 5 rounds

-several very good 3/15 rounds with perfect team balance

-efficient lunch and dart sweeps

Possible improvements for next year, I intend for this to be constructive criticism and not me complaining about the day:

-More rounds with more diversity.

-Way less down time. The best wars I have attended have had very low down time and have focused on the fighting. In my opinion if someone shows up late I think they should have to wait a round and not interrupt the flow of the day by joining in that round.

-Less transition between rounds. For the stock rounds, if people use clips, don't make everyone wait for you to reload. As a group we need initiative to keep going with not everyone ready. There was enough attendance for this to happen.

-More time playing the rounds, I like longer style objective rounds 15 min+ if no one is waiting. It works out better for round tempo and reduces the amount of down time. 

-I think it is too difficult to defend against bomber man. It is the reverse of one flag defense CTF. It is way to easy for a well executed push to break the defense as soon as the round starts. 

-Asian teams have to go. The best wars are when there are balanced teams throughout the day. Asian teams got rid of the balance and made it not very fun. 

-5/0 is not a preferable game type for me, but I know Aeromech really likes it.

Overall it was a good day and a definite improvement from last year. I do think it could get better and I know people have different options about what the ideal war is. I know from personal experience that being a host is a difficult and conflicting job and I think Aeromech did a good job of balancing the many variables.

6.5/10 would nerf again.

See you guys next time,

Alfatrooper

#350113 Frozen Foam Part II, Long Island NY [1/2/2016]

Posted by Alfatrooper on 21 December 2015 - 10:18 PM in Nerf Wars

100% confirming now. I will also probably be bringing Jonathan, but I will wait for his response.

#349507 PA Super Stock War 11/28

Posted by Alfatrooper on 09 November 2015 - 09:45 PM in Nerf Wars

That is not a good date for a lot of people. Frozen Fury, a water war is on that day hosted by DX. I can guarantee you that 5 or more NIC nerfers WILL attend your event if you make it for the week after. It is a very bad idea to split the already small group of people between two wars. That almost happened with NENO 8 and Grzntedfest but NENO was moved, and I think it was a good decision in the end.

I don't want to ruin your war and the difficult planning and energy commitment, but I also think it would be better to have two great separate events. As a group I think we should figure that out.

#349478 PA Super Stock War 11/28

Posted by Alfatrooper on 08 November 2015 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I am interested if there is a good playing field. But why make the entire war super stock? It might be more fun to have both NIC rounds and super stock like at GnomeFest.

#349311 [CT] NENO 14 October 18th

Posted by Alfatrooper on 25 October 2015 - 04:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for the late reply.

Pros:
-best NENO we have had
-the most intense fighting we have ever had
-free for all rounds especially the pistol ones were really fun
-lots of good footage
-5 great nerfers is still an amazing war
-woods and fountain
-lots of long rounds where strategy and team positioning were crucial.
-everyone got much better

Thanks guys for making it out! Hopefully that was not the last one until spring. See you soon!

#349161 [CT] NENO 14 October 18th

Posted by Alfatrooper on 17 October 2015 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

War is tomorrow! Please bring your own lunch. See you guys at 10!

#349008 2015 Nerf Wars Schedule

Posted by Alfatrooper on 09 October 2015 - 05:39 PM in Nerf Wars

October:

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26368-url] 18 [CT] NENO 14[/url]

#348866 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Alfatrooper on 27 September 2015 - 05:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war guys! This was probably the most unusual and interesting war I have ever been to.

Posted Image

Pros:
Seeing everyone and nerfing with them
MEGA/pistols/stock amo rounds were great and a change from the woods. (We played these rounds around the portables)
Learning how to use a raider berserker combo blaster.
Having a variety of game types.
Even teams the entire day. The rounds were quite good because of that.

Great day guys; see you all soon.

#348808 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Alfatrooper on 22 September 2015 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes, we can do some as warmup 3/15 rounds. I will bring extra equipment for those rounds for people to borrow.

#348803 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Alfatrooper on 21 September 2015 - 09:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys the war is this Saturday and we have great attendance so far. We will be playing at John Adams Elementary School.

Here is the address: 1450 Redmond St North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902.

Start time is 10:00 and we will be running warmup round very soon after the start time. I would prefer people to bring their own lunches, but we might send someone to get pizza. If you decide to get food you will miss rounds. See you guys there!

#348719 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by Alfatrooper on 12 September 2015 - 03:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I would love to attend. The only problem is the 3.5 hour drive (with no stopping). The last event was so amazing that the drive is worth it. I am trying to get a carpool and a group of us might get hotel rooms.

#348581 [CT] NENO 14 October 18th

Posted by Alfatrooper on 30 August 2015 - 07:08 AM in Nerf Wars

What the fuck? So help me I will point blank anyone I see freehanding darts.

Point blanking is allowed within reason. You made a good point. I will edit first post. (NH is messing up formatting. This is my reply to Aeromech.)

What the fuck? Looks like a 4B party to me.

It is the same fps as any war. 4Bs shoot harder than thread regulations. The 4B rampage hits around 310 fps. There will still be a verity of blasters just like any other war. No one bothers to not use full power in wars. We should have a chronograph so we can test stuff that I think exceeds that. Past NENOs haven't had blaster regulations. People will be using safe darts so I am not that concerned.

#348576 [CT] NENO 14 October 18th

Posted by Alfatrooper on 29 August 2015 - 08:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, we are back for another great NIC war in New England!

Date: Sunday October 18th, 2015

Edgerton Park, we will be playing in the new area on the lower part of the park. The staging area is on one side of a field under pine trees. We will have a variety of areas to play in from the woods to a field and an area with spaced trees.

75 Cliff St,
New Haven, CT

Time: 10:00-4:30. Please be there on time. We will start warmup rounds as soon as we have enough for 3 vs 3.

Lunch: Please bring your own. We will probably also have two people leave the field and pick up pizza for the group. I would prefer to not have people leave the field to get food.

Rules:
Barrel taps ARE allowed.
Shields are NOT allowed.

Dart restrictions:

Check list:

Lunch,
Snacks,
Blaster for a raffle.
Darts,
Money,
Sunscreen.

Game types:

Elimination:

3/15
Freeze tag
Kill Confirmed
Countdown
Wingman

Objective:

VIP
Defence CTF (a NENO special)
Carpe Testiculum
Two flag CTF
DTC

Confirmed attendance list: (12)

Alfatrooper
DX
Nick
kidame tomanaka (Miguel)
Roboman
NY Dart Zone Staff (2-3)
Snoop Doggy doge
KBK
jboynerf
evilbunnyo
zx532

#348266 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by Alfatrooper on 07 August 2015 - 11:50 AM in Nerf Wars

I will try my hardest to be there. I move into my new school the day before, however classes don't start for a few days after that. Since this is Philly, my parents will be more willing to let me go.

#348265 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Alfatrooper on 07 August 2015 - 11:47 AM in Nerf Wars

90% confirmed. I will try my hardest to be there. This is grade as well as parent work schedule dependent. If my parents can't take me I will find a ride or use public transportation.