orangeparkour's Content

There have been 83 items by orangeparkour (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#352518 MN Spring 2016 Nerf War

Posted by orangeparkour on 30 March 2016 - 07:29 AM in Nerf Wars

I am very interested in attending... It's similarly 6 hours or so, but I'm hoping to make it out. I'll likely bring at least a friend or two.

EDIT: I sadly have to cancel. I'll make it to MN sometime this summer though.

#351390 China Darts Review

Posted by orangeparkour on 07 February 2016 - 01:36 PM in Darts and Barrels

Did you try them with a 35 degree hopper?

#350911 Will mostly harmless arms (MHA) Ammo fire out of a Rainbow pump ??

Posted by orangeparkour on 19 January 2016 - 01:58 PM in Darts and Barrels

I disagree with the recommendation to make glue domes first, slugs, and then metal free last. Metal free darts, especially silicone domes, can make the hobby a decent amount more friendly, welcoming, and remove anxiety of problems occuring. Of course they all will fire out of Rainbow pumps and I hope you can enjoy the hobby with whatever darts you end up using.

#350730 China Darts Review

Posted by orangeparkour on 13 January 2016 - 09:52 AM in Darts and Barrels

If that shape does in fact feed through hoppers I may need to make some new molds.

#350269 PCSR: A new homemade design

Posted by orangeparkour on 29 December 2015 - 07:35 AM in Homemades

One thing that you mentioned, but after sleeping and thinking about the design, is how impressive it is that there are so few printed parts. Makes it really easy to replace stuff, and when you first said that I just sorta agreed and thought w/e, but it is actually a bigger deal with a lot of blasters. Also, what is the specific mcmaster part you are using to seal the plunger rod? I'm really curious as a decent seal for a 1/2 rod without adding too much extra friction is awesome.

#350251 PCSR: A new homemade design

Posted by orangeparkour on 28 December 2015 - 09:22 PM in Homemades

Ok, that's your decision and I'll respect that. I do have to disagree with you referring to the silicone domes as a proprietary amo though. I literally have a lengthy tutorial I made for them in my signature, and the molds could be made with a ball endmill and a drill press or mill. There is nothing that stops everyone else from making silicone domes. Yes the ESLT's work well with them, but I have also seen them properly launch slugs. Also I dont believe anyone on this forum thinks you a thief, in fact, the only reference in that thread to thievery is that Cheerios points out the risk and how easy it would be to commit thievery. If I had an ESLT I would gladly let you film it and show it off as I respect the work you do.

#350245 PCSR: A new homemade design

Posted by orangeparkour on 28 December 2015 - 06:16 PM in Homemades

Will STL's and design files be shared eventually? Looks like a really nice design and I would love to build one. Really good work overall.

Also I would disagree and say that ESTL's do not only shoot proprietary amo that only one person (myself you are obviously refering to) makes. 

#349949 Avatars

Posted by orangeparkour on 11 December 2015 - 11:37 AM in Site Feedback

Is it possible we have GIFs that are animated as Avatars? All the cool forums do.

#349787 Gametypes Poll - What are you playing at your wars?

Posted by orangeparkour on 02 December 2015 - 12:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for the response, guys.  If you don't mind, would you go into more detail about what rules you use for these rounds and how you set them up?

Our VIP Rounds consist of 2 individuals becoming VIPs. They have a team that wants to protect them and knock out the enemy VIP. VIP's have a decided number of lifes, usually 5-10. If a VIP is shot, he counts outloud for 15-30 seconds until he is up for grabs to be shot again. If a team member is shot, he stays in place and counts out loud for 10-15 seconds. Everyone has blasters and can shoot, and really the better VIP is usually he who plays more defensively and lets his team do most of the work.

#349778 Gametypes Poll - What are you playing at your wars?

Posted by orangeparkour on 01 December 2015 - 10:17 PM in Nerf Wars

• Green Bay
  • I've hosted 4 wars and attended 4-6 others withing 2-4 hours of where I live.
  • Most wars allowed silicone domed darts, or stock darts, and allowed homemade and modded blasters. Silicone domes were used 95% of the time with slugs being allowed at one or two of the wars and used very little. I also pretty much always provided all of the silicone domed darts for everyone at every war.
  • We played Carpe, CTF, VIP rounds, and at least headhunters 2 times or so.
    • Every war starts with Carpe and is pretty much the only real serious nerfing for most of the wars, everything else has a lot more giggles and less tryharding.
    • CTF is used when there are slightly less people and teams can easilly be made equal with everyone having comparable blasters.
    • VIP rounds are usually started after a break and I personally do not enjoy them as much, though some people really do so we play them and sometimes they are great, sometimes they are rather one sided. 
    • Headhunters is used because we use silicone domes that dont really  hurt if they are shot at peoples heads and everyone has eye protection on anyway. Usually this type of game is played at the end of the war where you just want to be stupid, relax, and maybe get an awesome shot or two.
    • Kane hosted a Blowgun only event (he had like, 40 ft. of 1/2 pvc and plenty of stock amo so 12-14 of us had a blowgun only round which everyone pretty much loved.
  • I dont believe there have been any other gametypes that have been played more than once or with any success at the wars I've hosted or attended in the past 2 years.

Also on these new forums I have no idea how to delete your quote, my apologies.

#346413 [IL] S.C.S.N.W. Presents... Foam-Zilla! (NERF WAR)

Posted by orangeparkour on 24 April 2015 - 06:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I wouldnt nee stefen darts, right? i am not good at making those yet :P

No you would not have to bring darts.

#346384 Are there many nerf wars in Illinois?

Posted by orangeparkour on 22 April 2015 - 11:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Markski plans on hosting more wars this summer, and routinely throughout the year. He is building a sizeable facebook group, and I suggest you join if you'd like to comment, discuss, and make more recomendations for dates and such for the war.

#346097 Exhaust Valve Homemade (Current: Bladder Tests)

Posted by orangeparkour on 10 April 2015 - 07:00 PM in Homemades

Based around a $19 exhaust valve? That in itself seems a bit absurd.

There are no Homemade airguns that aren't absurd. I think its pretty darn coolz tho.

#345992 [IL] S.C.S.N.W. Presents... Foam-Zilla! (NERF WAR)

Posted by orangeparkour on 03 April 2015 - 12:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll also be there with a few others.

#345573 No More Room In Hell I

Posted by orangeparkour on 16 March 2015 - 11:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I think anything more than a three day event is reaching too far. Friday- Sunday is probably the only real option if you insist on keeping this a multiday thing. No offense but this community isn't that large to support something of the scale you are talking, like I'm pretty happy to have 10 people for Wisconsin nerf on a Saturday.

#344948 The PullSCRT

Posted by orangeparkour on 11 February 2015 - 11:52 AM in Homemades

Man, you guys are on a roll. Is there some event going on that I am unaware of, or is it just inspiration combined with motivation and free time?

Basically they can not find anywhere to safely nerf in Illinois, so building is better than nothing.

#343658 Anyone for a Michigan war?

Posted by orangeparkour on 21 December 2014 - 08:57 AM in Nerf Wars

There is a Car ferry that runs from Wisconsin to Michigan (ludington I believe) during the summer. I don't know the costs per round trip, and if we get a group I'm sure it would be cheaper to just drive but still. Wisconsin has a sizeable group of nerfers and if you get some regualars for Michigan wars and a decent sized group going, we would love to join you this summer.

#343639 NSFWar

Posted by orangeparkour on 19 December 2014 - 04:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Setting up for the war Tomorrow. If you live in the Midwest you really don't have an excuse to not show up. I mean I am
A. Providing the darts
B. Have plenty of loaners
C. Have a working toilet
D. Food and water
E. My workshop has all tools needed to repair and work on blasters either mid war or after if need be.
F. The only thing I need is peeps to show up.
So please, If you're free tomorrow, the more people that show up the more Effeminate this will become.

Check this out
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#343580 NSFWar

Posted by orangeparkour on 16 December 2014 - 03:42 PM in Nerf Wars

This is definitely happening saturday. I have 6 people confirmed coming through facebook. I would love to see some more peoples show up.

#343372 Silicone dome interest

Posted by orangeparkour on 08 December 2014 - 07:24 AM in Off Topic

Silicone darts can be very easy to make, and the molds are very affordable. I don't see why people would want to pay someone money to make darts that are already easy to make.

Time. Time is the reason people buy darts. Even if the darts are easy enough to make, there are multiple steps, which all take time. This isn't a huge problem if you feel you only need 200 darts, but many of us prefer to do less picking up of darts mid war, so the more darts the more enjoyable the war can be.

#343350 Silicone dome interest

Posted by orangeparkour on 07 December 2014 - 12:31 PM in Off Topic

I mean, I make my domes 500 at a time, and honestly, its not more than 45 minutes of work total, so I don't know how much profit you expect to be making selling those domes. I'm sure there are a SMALL few who do not make silicone domed darts because they do not have a mold, but unless your domes were insanely cheap, I imagine that people would be better off just buying a mold or two.

#343302 NSFWar

Posted by orangeparkour on 03 December 2014 - 10:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Is December 20th too close to Christmas for people?

#343298 NSFWar

Posted by orangeparkour on 03 December 2014 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't you meant the best thing ever?

Exactly, my first nerf war was a winter one and I remember it being awesome, as well as my 4th or something hosted by ultranewt. Nerfing in the snow can be awesome.

Also note that when the poll offers darts with metal, that is ONLY reffering to these winter wars, and likely won't be carried over to spring, summer, and fall ones.

#343277 NSFWar

Posted by orangeparkour on 02 December 2014 - 09:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I have added a poll because I am confused as to why the people who normally show interest and show up aren't saying anything. Our wars had on average 10 people this summer, so why all of the sudden no interest?

#342905 NSFWar

Posted by orangeparkour on 18 November 2014 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

This war must happen, but not on this date. I would love suggestions on a new date, really anytime in the next few months is good. I mean, its not like it is going to get any colder right?

I personally have zero plans for december-january except small side projects. I'm really really open to date suggestions and input on if anyone else thinks the idea of trying metal out would be fun.

#342773 NSFWar

Posted by orangeparkour on 09 November 2014 - 04:58 PM in Nerf Wars

If I change this to a metal free war will people come? Is the problem the date? The Rules? The weather?

#342602 NSFWar

Posted by orangeparkour on 29 October 2014 - 10:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I have added a poll to see what people want this winter.

Not Safe Fite in Wisconsin

Date: December 20th 2014 10:30 AM

Winter is approaching, and with that comes jackets and all other heavy and protective clothing. For this reason, there is no reason to keep using safe darts as any accident that could potentially happen is alleviated by these necessary safety measures. If it protects against cold, it likely protects against darts. For this war exclusively, we will be allowing all dart types and blasters, basically a clone of REKT in Georgia.

Regulations and Rules:
No Death darts. Just about any other glue domes and slugs are allowed. Our metal free amo is certainly still allowed as well. I will be supplying SOME darts, but for this war (first time in around a year) I am asking that at least someone else brings some darts, as I never really made large amounts of metal darts. If you have an excess of darts with metal you haven't been able to use in forever, sharing would be appreciated.

Protection: I would strongly recommend a mask and cup, but wont force it. On the other hand, EYE PROTECTION is required. Don't take it off ever, unless you are well out of range of the fights.

Blasters: with the exception of homemade air guns, and Drain blasters, it is free game. Singled 4B's, and Titans are all cool for this. Also bring some not OP blasters, in case we decide to do some more average rounds with normal homemades and such.

Use some common sense. Don't try to make this 100% milsim. It is still just for fun, even if the ranges are higher than usual. I will be making everyone sign a waiver. If you do not sign it, you are not allowed on field. Kids will need a parent's signature. This is NOT a joke.

Gametypes of many types including CTF, Carpe, Deathmatch, and anything else you would like to bring up.

Questions Comments and Concerns, drop them down in a reply.

#342452 Attention Chicago Area Nerfers

Posted by orangeparkour on 17 October 2014 - 11:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Chicago wars would definitely attract a sizable group of Wisconsonites if you find a good location.

#341568 August 30th Green Bay Nerfinz round 2

Posted by orangeparkour on 26 August 2014 - 09:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there with 4 other people.

I've made 2300 darts, and am sorta outa time for the silicone to cure but thats still more than we had last time so all should be good. There is also a group of 5-10 people on facebook that say they are coming which would be pretty awesome. A few other people have told me they are coming as well. Just an update for everyone that this war is definitely happening.

#341291 August 30th Green Bay Nerfinz round 2

Posted by orangeparkour on 18 August 2014 - 08:56 AM in Nerf Wars

How many darts are you planning on having?

I have more than 3000 blanks, and 5 days set aside for making darts and considering I can make 800 darts a day, I will have at least 2000, I'm shooting for 3000 though.

#341285 August 30th Green Bay Nerfinz round 2

Posted by orangeparkour on 17 August 2014 - 08:29 PM in Nerf Wars

The 16th went great, and lets hope to out do it the 30th.

Preble Park (471 Skyline Boulevard) on the West side of Green Bay

Anyway, this war is planned for Saturday August 30th, at 11:00 AM. The Location is Preble Park. This is where they have been hosted before, and it is a great venue.

I will have an Excess of metal free darts (silicone domes), and I will be sharing. Stock darts are great of course as well. We'll probably do some Core, Vip, carpe, and a little deathmatch maybe. Any other game-type suggestions are welcome.

Don't bring glue domes, blaster painted black, anything that shoots 150+, little little kids, or military gear.

Bring eye protection (wear it too), food and water, blaster(s) including a pistol, soft melee (if you want), and some stuff to trade. I'll hopefully be selling a lot of the silicone domes after the war if you want em.

Post Below if you have comments, questions, or are coming please.
And remember, more people is way better than more equipment, so lets see how many people can show up, I easilly have 5-7 loaner homeades, and would LOVE to share.

#341247 Green Bay Nerfinz

Posted by orangeparkour on 16 August 2014 - 07:03 AM in Nerf Wars

If anyone has some corn starch please bring it. We forgot it.

Will a cup and a half be enough? It's all I got and I've never really measured how much we end up using. I can easilly pick more up on the way there though.

#341209 Green Bay Nerfinz

Posted by orangeparkour on 14 August 2014 - 03:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Will you be selling silicone domes after the war?

If Kane doesn't demand them all, I'd gladly get you some (assuming you don't demand 1000's)
I can't imagine Kane being upset if I sell you two or three hundred darts as I'm assuming that is about how many you want/need.

#341196 Green Bay Nerfinz

Posted by orangeparkour on 13 August 2014 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there with a friend. Both of us are total n00bs

Are stock darts still allowed? If not, will the silicone domes fit in normal blasters, such as the retaliator or rapidstrike.

We would love for you two to show up, and yes stock darts are allowed, but we will have thousands of silicone domes, and almost as many loaner homemades as well to share. Don't hold back and show up!

#341170 Green Bay Nerfinz

Posted by orangeparkour on 13 August 2014 - 09:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like the 16th is going to be pretty great, I will be bringing 2-4 friends, hopefully this will be larger than the last one.

Also, anyone mind if we do keep the entire ware silicone domes? I have an excess of 2000 silicone domes for us to use.

#340749 Green Bay Nerfinz

Posted by orangeparkour on 28 July 2014 - 04:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I decided that there will for sure be a war on the 16th, and I may still host another on the 30th as a sizeable group of people can't make the 16th, but can the 30th.

#340661 Green Bay Nerfinz

Posted by orangeparkour on 23 July 2014 - 08:12 PM in Nerf Wars

hmmm, how would the 30th work? I'm still pretty open to changing the date, though the 23rd is out of the question for me.

#340650 2014 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by orangeparkour on 23 July 2014 - 01:19 PM in Nerf Wars

August:

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25213] 16th [WI] Green Bay Nerfinz[/url]

#340649 Green Bay Nerfinz

Posted by orangeparkour on 23 July 2014 - 01:13 PM in Nerf Wars

August 16th

Preble Park (471 Skyline Boulevard) on the West side of Green Bay

No Wisconsin or Northern Illinois wars so far... so

Anyway, this war is planned for Saturday August 16th, at 11:00 AM. The Location is Preble Park. This is where they have been hosted before, and it is a great venue.

I will have an Excess of metal free darts (silicone domes), but if anyone has a desire to use slugs, I have no objections to that. Stock darts are great of course as well. We'll probably do some ctf, pistols rounds, and carpe hopefully. Any other game-type suggestions are welcome.

Don't bring glue domes, blaster painted black, anything that shoots 150+, little little kids, or military gear.

Bring eye protection (wear it too), food and water, blaster(s) including a pistol, soft melee (if you want), and some stuff to trade. I'll hopefully be selling a lot of the silicone domes after the war if you want em.

Post Below if you have comments, questions, or are coming please.
And remember, more people is way better than more equipment, so lets see how many people can show up, I easilly have 5-7 loaner homeades, and would LOVE to share.

#339379 Mayhem 3.5

Posted by orangeparkour on 05 June 2014 - 04:19 PM in Nerf Wars

In other news, we may have a new location much closer to where Kane and I live, which means a lot more regular wars. Hopefully I'm going to go see it today, but expect Cataclysm to happen before/after your war, with more possible wars before that.

Is the new location closer to my house, or will it add extra driving time? I have avoided Mayhem as it adds close to two hours of extra driving time so far.