Craftsman's Content

There have been 76 items by Craftsman (Search limited from 04-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#355521 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Craftsman on 13 August 2016 - 09:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Real late to the party on this, but too bad. Was a great time as always. Really wished I could have stayed later, but as I told Phil on my way out, "I'll be back next year, with more people and a tank." I shit you not, #YOLOstock will rise. See you on the field.

#352969 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by Craftsman on 22 April 2016 - 06:10 PM in Homemades

I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here. Once an accurate scan is made of an external shell component is made it could be used with resin to cast a block of resin with an outer pattern on it. That could then be inserted in to pre-made fixture and spots could be machined in place relatively quickly and inexpensively. If you make the inside a blank canvas so to speak, you could drop in internals which are "self-contained" and can be swapped in place easily. At least that's one method I am thinking of. Another is injection molding. If you have a relatively simple design the mold is not nearly as expensive. It gets expensive when you need all kinds of ejector pins, super high tolerances, and fancy designs. I work in a shop that makes molds for injection molding as well as does them. From my experience, this is what creates cost very fast. I have seen pieces the size of an eraser cost 200$ each, and there are 16 of them in some molds. Bottom line is injection molding IS a possibility if you plan ahead.

#352262 dart storage?

Posted by Craftsman on 18 March 2016 - 09:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

I got a little over 500 USCs, about 3000 #6 Slugs, about 500 #8 Slugs, a variety of Stock darts, and about 300 Glow in the Dark China Darts. All stored in bins of some kind. Loose packing is key.

#351103 NerfHaven Merch

Posted by Craftsman on 24 January 2016 - 08:23 PM in Off Topic

I am definitely interested in patches, stickers, and shirts. Mostly the patches and stickers, to put all over my gear. I think the prices Van has said would be acceptable. I think something with the logo and "No Barrel Taps, No Mercy" underneath would be really nice. I can do some research on potential costs.

#349764 Frozen Foam Part II, Long Island NY [1/2/2016]

Posted by Craftsman on 30 November 2015 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Consider me a strong maybe. It is my sisters birthday, but maybe she'll tell me to get lost, haha.

#349474 PA Super Stock War 11/28

Posted by Craftsman on 08 November 2015 - 05:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Absolutely I'm interested. In this case how are we defining "SuperStock"?

#348982 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by Craftsman on 07 October 2015 - 02:22 PM in Nerf Wars

If it's not to late count me as a maybe. There is also a chance I could bring guests.

#348887 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Craftsman on 28 September 2015 - 03:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Finally getting around to typing this... Was a fan-freakin-tastic war. I had a phenomenal time despite the lack of people. My primary had no issues what so ever and allowed me to be a little more aggressive. A big thank you to DX and Alfatrooper for hosting. Now some pros and cons.

+ 4B Worked and got many compliments.
+ Shot 330 fpst through the chrony!
+ Pistol duel with DX
+ Capture the Flag
+ 4B Discussion
+ My new method of organization is pretty convenient

- Dart recovery rate was not good, oh well
- Driving Van to the train station was interesting...

If I can gather enough people I could justify a trip up to a NENO or something. I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: if Anyone wants the link to the barrel material I was using here it is.

My link

#348595 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Craftsman on 31 August 2015 - 02:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I ought to be there! I guess this means I need to get all my stuff ready... See you on the field.

I can be +4 if I can get enough primaries/loaners together. Any help is appreciated.

#348282 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by Craftsman on 07 August 2015 - 08:01 PM in Nerf Wars

If I can figure out the train home from college, I'll be there. Is anyone coming from the Lancaster area?

#348189 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Craftsman on 02 August 2015 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Haven't posted a picture in ages, but here goes nothing.

My current revision of my Creamsicle 4B. Not much done other than a 1/2" PVC Coupler on the tank and a greased up trigger. I also minimized it a tad differently than most.

Soon to come upgrades are an aluminum trigger, forward pump replacement, MFT Stock, Magpul Grip, and a Load of other fixins. I'll be sure to post them here. Maybe a write-up will be soon to follow.

#348150 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by Craftsman on 30 July 2015 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Any word on the bandanas? I saw some designs, but don't remember reading anything about a finalized design. My old ones are getting used and abused. I think its about time for new ones.

#345737 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by Craftsman on 22 March 2015 - 09:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for the short notice, but I will be unable to attend today. My robotics team is trying to make their robot more competitive and apparently I'm the only person who knows how to program a CNC. Have fun today though!

#343897 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by Craftsman on 04 January 2015 - 12:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be there. I will try to get a group of friends to go as well. So it would be me plus 5 or so.

#343356 Mech Engineering Colleges

Posted by Craftsman on 07 December 2014 - 07:47 PM in Off Topic

I'm going to plug Millersville for Applied Engineering. It is essentially a cross between machining and mechanical engineering. This would be good if you want to use tools...

#341396 Looking for a very high torque gearmotor

Posted by Craftsman on 20 August 2014 - 07:37 PM in Homemades

I would further investigate the FIRST motor from AndyMark. They are used to move some pretty big robots, and with the right gearing ratio, it should have enough torque. I know some members on here know a lot about the cims. PBZ and myself are both involved with FIRST robotics, but he is probably much more involved than myself.

You could try looking here for some ideas.

#339135 The Making of a RainBow Kit

Posted by Craftsman on 25 May 2014 - 11:19 AM in Homemades

What program did you use to set up the tool paths? I currently use MasterCam X5. If you could send me a compatible file type, I would be interested in working on the design as well.

#337167 GRID CODE MARCH 2ND 2014

Posted by Craftsman on 20 February 2014 - 05:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be in attendance. Wasn't sure if I was going to be attending until today. I will try to get some guests, but don't count on them.

#335681 Pre-Christmas with Kyle and Koree

Posted by Craftsman on 27 November 2013 - 06:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe for both days... I should hopefully have an answer later next week.

#335124 FIRST Robotics in Philly Area

Posted by Craftsman on 01 November 2013 - 05:54 PM in Off Topic

I may or may not be able to attend, but if I can't, say high to team 708 (hardwired fusion), that's my team...

#333988 MAGENTA MONGOLS MILLCREEK SMACKDOWN

Posted by Craftsman on 14 September 2013 - 06:37 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm out... Something came up on the 19th that I have to attend.

#332838 Apocalypse 2013

Posted by Craftsman on 09 August 2013 - 07:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I had to leave early, and was not in the picture, so count my head as well. Also, I had a great time as always. Thanks to all that made the war as successful as it was.

#331548 How to fix torn Magstrike air-bladder

Posted by Craftsman on 03 July 2013 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure if you would want to put in the work, but you could stick a hard airtank in there with an OPRV. If you set the OPRV just right you can get of multiple clips with one fill.

#330896 [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War, June 15th

Posted by Craftsman on 15 June 2013 - 05:40 AM in Nerf Wars

I might be a little late getting there, but I will be there. Probably around noon though.

#330822 [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War, June 15th

Posted by Craftsman on 12 June 2013 - 05:11 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there! Hopefully with a delrin plunger rod...

#330316 [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War, June 15th

Posted by Craftsman on 28 May 2013 - 03:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe... I need darts, and more importantly, foam.

#329811 EAT Giveaway

Posted by Craftsman on 14 May 2013 - 03:35 PM in General Nerf

So I'm posting yet again... I hope to win an EAT to complete my Elite Loadout. I'll post pics if I win!

Also, thanks for doing this for Nerfhaven. Hopefully those that recieve them will create some new mods. I know I sure will.

#328369 F-CAG

Posted by Craftsman on 28 March 2013 - 06:52 PM in Homemades

That looks like a lot of fun... You think this could be done on a smaller scale, for an easier draw? I may have to make one of these!

#327332 Grid Code is now March 2nd

Posted by Craftsman on 25 February 2013 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I forgot to post and say that I will be attending, and paying at the door...

#324731 Happy Holidays!

Posted by Craftsman on 25 December 2012 - 04:26 PM in Off Topic

Happy Holiday's to everyone as well!

I got a high precision metal lathe this year...
Expect a lot of tubular homemades this year from me.

#324482 Elite Stryfe Masterkey

Posted by Craftsman on 14 December 2012 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

Thanks... Are you considering modding the Rough Cut in the future, or would it not be beneficial? The reason I am asking is because, I am considering making this my new close quarters primary.

#324480 Elite Stryfe Masterkey

Posted by Craftsman on 14 December 2012 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

Very nice job! I will definitely try to replicate this, but I think I will use a Stockade stock instead of a Raider one. I may have missed it, but did you mod either of the blasters? I am curious if you did anything to the internals of the Rough Cut.

#324134 Philadelphia Winter Nerf War Dec 22nd DATE CHANGED TO DEC 22nd!

Posted by Craftsman on 04 December 2012 - 05:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be coming to this war... If any one has a stock, or very lightly modded Longshot they are looking to sell, I'll by it for 30 dollars. I need one in fairly good condition, for a friend of mine.

#323706 Philadelphia Winter Nerf War Dec 22nd DATE CHANGED TO DEC 22nd!

Posted by Craftsman on 18 November 2012 - 07:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe, I don't think I'm doing anything that day...

#321788 SMEDLEY PARK WAR

Posted by Craftsman on 19 September 2012 - 03:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there on Saturday.

#321659 SMEDLEY PARK WAR

Posted by Craftsman on 15 September 2012 - 12:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I will most likely be there.

#321388 Vinyl Tubing Slugs

Posted by Craftsman on 05 September 2012 - 03:01 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have all the materials for this actually, I guess I'll try this and see how it goes.

I have other sizes of tubing as well, do you think these would benefit or worsen by a different size?

#321221 Crankbow, FINALLY!

Posted by Craftsman on 29 August 2012 - 07:45 PM in Homemades

I'll keep that in mind for when I design mine. Do you have a video of this firing, I would be very interested in watching it, to get an idea of exactly how it all works. Thank you.

#321217 Crankbow, FINALLY!

Posted by Craftsman on 29 August 2012 - 07:32 PM in Homemades

Awesome job, I may need to replicate this just because I can. Would this be easy to mount on to a tripod? That might make it a bit easier to use although it would be even less portable...

Also, "One of those things that you slide along the surface of wood and it strips off curliques to reveal untreated wood underneath," is called a wood plane if I'm not mistaken.

#320521 Retaliator revive project.

Posted by Craftsman on 15 August 2012 - 01:05 PM in Modifications

I have used this for a while now, and it works great. Whenever, I need to undo a glue up, I reach for it. The small bottle will also, last a long time.