ZoMbIe HuNtEr's Content

There have been 54 items by ZoMbIe HuNtEr (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#322850 Keeping Darts durable in a clip

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 20 October 2012 - 07:50 PM in Darts and Barrels

Unload at the end of a day, reload at the beginning. A day inside a clip isn't going to destroy a dart.

That makes sense to me, thanks.

#322825 Keeping Darts durable in a clip

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 20 October 2012 - 11:31 AM in Darts and Barrels

I've found that GITD Darks have the best foam... even stronger denser than Elite..

What are GITD darks?

#322811 Keeping Darts durable in a clip

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 20 October 2012 - 06:39 AM in Darts and Barrels

Hey everyone, I am starting up my school's first HVZ game here in the next week or so, but I have a dilemma that I am sure may have already been dealt with before. How do you keep your darts durable while playing on campus? I have tried straws but they weigh down the dart too much, and don't fly too well. So does anyone have any secrets to keeping darts durable while being stored in a clip?

#320886 Need some good Nerf War Stock

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 23 August 2012 - 01:44 AM in General Nerf

Yes, if you need photos, check his signature out. It's a link to his PhotoBucket with over 800 war pics on it, mostly with a really good camera. I imagine you could easily use one of them in the app. Preferably one with a person in a red hat. :)

http://www.facebook....22035347&type=3

I hope you have access to this, if you don't let me know. But there is about 60 photos to use so it would be a pain in the ass to post them.

#320512 Retaliator revive project.

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 15 August 2012 - 11:25 AM in Modifications

1st I need to remove that orange stopper from the tank, so I can start making a new piston

You can use boiling water to break the seal, and ultimately remove the cap.

#320419 Question : Are Elite blasters better than N-Strike Blasters?

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 13 August 2012 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

Well, I can't really modify my N-Strike Recon but, that will be another story. So I thought, "Maybe I should get the Elite Recon." I saw how different the Elite Recon is and after seeing a few videos and reviews, there seems to be somewhat of a positive buzz about it. From all I know so far, the reason I would think is probably because it is a direct plunger system. BUT, I just want to confirm a question : are Elite blasters better than N-Strike blasters? If I see there are a lot of votes toward the Elite blasters, I guess I'll get the Elite Recon, not only if they perform better, but also for the cool foregrip and stock.

Just feedback and opinions. Thank you.

(I put blue next to "Elite blasters" since most of them are blue. Same goes with the "N-Strike blasters.")

From my experience with the elite blasters, I have to conclude that they are a big hit outside the NIC. Since we still have pump snaps and other homemades, they may or may not be reliable in a NIC war. For my purposes however, which includes indoor wars and HVZ, the Retaliator has exceeded my expectations just after a couple basic mods. I will be keeping it as my side arm while I use the pyragon or my modded longshot as my primary. The retaliator is capable of 100' angled ranges which is incredible for what used to be the recon we all hated (or loved depending on the person.) The rampage is capable of 90' ranges thanks to the faux barrel, but still this a raider we are typically talking about. Lastly, this isn't the end of the elite series, this is the beginning. With popular blasters such as the nitefinder, jolt and maybe even an alpha trooper, NERF is changing the concept of foam dart blasters for the better, much better.

#320413 Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator - Mod Guide!

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 13 August 2012 - 01:33 PM in Modifications

Just a quick update... i've discovered that there are new modders who may not be familiar with the bolt lock removal process for the Elite Rampage (which is similar to the Raider).

So instead of creating a whole new Mod Guide just for the Rampage (since it'll mostly be the same process as modding an Elite Retaliator), i've updated this Mod Guide with the Rampage bolt lock removal procedure:

Look on the left side of the Rampage casing, then remove the 2 machine screws and simply detach the bolt lock assembly.

Posted Image

Yes... the Rampage can still slam-fire even with the bolt lock removed. :)

You never stated where you get your silicone tips and foam...care to share?

#320378 Buzz Bee Range Master a new airgun

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 12 August 2012 - 07:58 AM in Modifications

the faux barrel does not decrease range, PERIOD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRBooE0_gE

That is always a plus.

#320333 Buzz Bee Range Master a new airgun

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 11 August 2012 - 11:38 AM in Modifications

Stupid question alert. The OP said streamlines are not compatible. Does this include elite darts? I would like to think not because of the core, but could someone affirm this for me?

#320272 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 10 August 2012 - 12:31 AM in General Nerf

Price should still be a factor in a review though. The problem I have with it is that you want people to shell out ~$80 for something that 99% of LS users are never going to need, without telling them the full story. The labor and craftsmanship may be worth the price on paper, but the value vs alternatives is awful. For that price they could commission an overhaul or homemade of something more useful. Longshots are fun, but there's better stuff out there, especially for the type of wars NH users tend to prefer. Even within the longshot's best gametypes...what a waste of money spending over $100 to pimp one out when campus HvZ can be won with a pair of 8 dollar nitefinders. It provides more of a challenge too, when you can't just spit out darts and have to use speed and strategy.

NH isn't really for advertising "Nerf businesses" either...doesn't the commercialization of this hobby ever bother you at all? It's already expensive enough pumping out darts and driving up and down the eastern seaboard for wars. Selling off my entire arsenal probably wouldn't match the cost of a full kit in metal. One of the things I've noticed in the past couple years is that the NIC has become more and more expensive. This used to be a much cheaper hobby when you could run around with 100 darts and primaries below $30. The businesses really bother me...it's one thing to be selling 3 dollar wyes...but look at what these places are charging for parts and kits...those prices are absurd. All this for fun...

And you said you got the boltsled provided for the review? Did you have to actually pay the 80 bucks to have that thing sent to you? A review where the subject was free and has no downsides is a red flag. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is, and for that amount of money, you'd better be 100% on top of your game before some poor kids throw away good money for something they aren't likely to need the power of.

Everything you have said makes sense, so from now on I will make these reviews strictly technical and just try to stay as unbiased as possible. Thank you for bringing all of this to my attention as you are making me a better reviewer and blogger. Also if the mods agree with DX and feel that I am advertising, I would completely understand if you were to shut down the thread and add advertising to the CoC. I simply did my research before making the thread and thought i was in my boundaries. However I see where I have over looked some very small but important details, I just wanted to get Remedy Metal out in the open.

#320255 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 09 August 2012 - 08:54 PM in General Nerf

That's the part I have a problem with. I called it a fake review because as Kanashimi pointed out, your original post is not a review at all. Look at SGNerf's reviews, or even autonerf's reviews of the OMW Kits. They provide useful information that let us judge the merits of the product, rather than being direct promotion. A review should identify advantages, disadvantages (of design, not price), rather than saying "buy this the money goes to help some dude!"

If you are essentially just posting a sales or advertising thread, then you might as well let the actual manufacturer make it in the trading forum, since he'll also be able to answer questions too.

Edit: The video isn't bad actually, but you should put some of what you say into words.

That last part is the advice I needed. Thank you for the advice Zorn. I will be sure to work on that and try to develop that into my written reviews. I am still new to blogging and written reviews. Just started my own blog a couple days ago.

#320253 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 09 August 2012 - 08:42 PM in Off Topic

I guarantee there are fewer than 3 people in this thread who remember PATRICKS NERF PAGE.

Just one of hundreds of shitty little nerf homepages that nobody's looked at in 10 years.

Here's another.
This is one of my favorites.

And of course YakMan's site, which was one of only a few back then that had decent pictures of guns that were taken with a digital camera and not scanned into the computer or ripped off from other websites. YakMan posted here a year or two back, which makes me wonder how many of these guys still check in once in a while.

It's impossible to write an exhaustive summary of NIC history, but if you're insistent on trying you should include as many of those old sites as possible because they're pretty neat, and a long time ago people actually used them for information and not just as a way to waste some time.

If someone mentions them, I will be sure to include them.

#320252 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 09 August 2012 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

I guess one issue I have with your written review is that you state almost no original information about it. Just about everything in it is either something you say the company claims, or advertisement sounding. You don't go into any specifics on how it performs, if it makes a difference, build quality, etc. You don't even post any original images that show that you have the thing. So in the end, I just get the feeling you are saying "Look at this cool thing I found online!".

And I also believe that a all metal longshot would be prohibitively expensive and heavy.

-Kanashimi

I cover all that in my video review and I am working on publishing a firing test. I will try to embed the video review.

EDIT: Just skip that first part, I don't get to the sled until about a minute or 2 in. I would also like some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. If you have tips to make my reviews better, please let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC6juMG_o7I&feature=plcp

#320244 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 09 August 2012 - 07:58 PM in General Nerf

That Joshua Brown/Remedy guy is welcome to come here and make a thread himself, perhaps even detailing the build better (I have some in-progress pictures myself).

Not sure why you're making this fake review puppet storefront for them.

It is in no way fake and I am a little offended that you would accuse me of creating a fake review. He sent me a sled to review and I did a video and written review on it...but if that's not good enough, I can contact him and ask him to do whatever you want because you know, everyone would love to cater to your demands.

EDIT: I apologize for my unnecessary sarcasm and I just saw that you were a mod, however my review isn't fake. I am a promoter for Remedy Metal. I am just doing what he asked me.

#320225 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 09 August 2012 - 01:58 PM in General Nerf

It wont seem all that expensive? A full kit worth of just the metal would be at least as much as the gun itself, unless they're using some extremely low quality stainless.

What i mean is its not gonna be a 500 dollar kit like explorer

#320214 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 09 August 2012 - 11:19 AM in General Nerf

In comparison to the other options , Remedy Metals has a rather nice price.

The plan for them eventually is to make a full stainless steel kit. Once that is put together, it really won't seem all that expensive.

#320183 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 08 August 2012 - 10:28 PM in General Nerf

On topic: Just to justify a $70 price, you also need to consider all the labor + materials going into this. You're not just paying for the metal, but also whatever hardware and designing time spent on this as well.

About NSE vs. Longshots: Just look at the plunger volume. Whatever you do to your Retaliator, if you do the same to the LongShot, you will be rewarded with far more.

And if you value a blaster just by some form of a Performance/Cost ratio, that's cool by me, but there are so many other aspects that make a blaster valuable and worthy of being owned. For example, you could go out to the store and buy am awkward BBUMB and have fun making dents in walls or you could spend a lot more on a Crossbow, which may not perform as well for even the hefty price, but is "valuable" in other aspects, such as vintage (collector) value, comfort, aesthetics, sentimental value, etc.

Yep, I was reminded of the longshot's power when I installed the new sled...the longshot plunger tube is still ridiculously massive.

#320173 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 08 August 2012 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

That thing is beautiful, but...

Inb4 WAYYY TOO EXPENSIVE.

Very true, however there will eventually be a stainless steel longshot kit. Right now they are just going one piece at a time.

#320154 The Remedy Metal SS Boltsled, a working and produced part

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 08 August 2012 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

Hello Everyone,
A while back there was a nerf haven user that had an idea and vision for an all stainless steel longshot bolt sled. I am here to tell you that this idea has become a product and is doing everything the user said it would do. Here is my official review.

Posted Image

Here it is guys, the very first, hand welded, American made, Stainless Steel Longshot boltsled. I can’t say enough about this product I really can’t. The craftsmanship of this custom made part is unlike anything I have ever seen. Its durability is unmatched, and should something go wrong, it has a life time warranty!

Remedy Metal is a up and coming mod company. Their entire basis will be Stainless steel, not plastic, like Orange Mod Works. Everything that comes out of their shop will be hand made so when you buy this product, you aren’t only supporting the company, but also the artist and his/her work.

The company guarantees that you are able to one hand prime this no matter what spring power you contain in your longshot. That is something no other company has been able to do, not even Xplorer.

For the price of 69.99, this bolt sled is WORTH IT!!!!! Sure you may need to hold off on buying anything else for a while, but with an over powered longshot you don’t really need anything else ;) . Keep in mind however, due to the nature of the boltsled, the power you put into the blaster will start to put stress on the other plastic parts so mod at your own risk as always.

The company sends this information and specific contact information with the product in case you need to contact them. This includes phone number and email which is very classy and shows that they will do their best to NEVER leave a customer hanging.

That concludes the review of the Stainless Steel boltsled from Remedy Metal. I highly recommend it! Also be sure to keep up with Remedy Metal, they are taking one step at a time but their goal is to manufacture an entire Stainless Steel Longshot kit. Thanks again Remedy Metal!

#320139 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 08 August 2012 - 10:44 AM in Off Topic

Lawlz.
Stefan Mohr=\= Lt. Stefan
Stefan Mohr=creator of the "Stefan dart"
Lt. Stefan=Dude on Nrev.

Better to have it wrong here, than in the bio lol, but come on cut me some slack. I have only been in the NIC for a year.

#320125 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 08 August 2012 - 01:07 AM in Off Topic

It's not a username. His real name is Stefan Mohr.

He isn't the creator of Nerf Revolution? His username is Lt. Stefan over there....

#320119 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 07 August 2012 - 10:30 PM in Off Topic

...dafuq did I just read?

On topic, I'm curious what your layout will be for presenting this. Is this going to made into a wiki, a website, a series of threads etc.?

It's gonna be old fashioned... a book, created from a word document.

#320012 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 06 August 2012 - 08:07 AM in Off Topic

We all have large dicks. And no girlfriends. Worth mentioning in such a work of literary genius.

speak for yourself, been dating the same girl the past 4 years...but i digress :rolleyes:

True, and true.

I'd focus mainly on homemade advances in the past few years, and the evolution of darts over the years. Clips (Hoppers, RSCBs, Inlines, n-strike clips, etc.) should have a chapter/section due to the fact that they completely changed nerfing in the workshop, and on the field.

Homemades will have a seperate section in the bio, don't worry, they are a very important part in the NIC, I know that for sure

Every couple years someone tries to do something along these lines and makes the mistake of writing about things which no one they've spoken to actually experienced. This community has about the shortest memory span of anything I've ever encountered, and it's never really been to its detriment. If you'd ike to alter that, more power to ya'. As a well documented ass, and the only person who has been active for the entirety of the NIC's existance, I'll be more than happy to criticize the end results.

Glad to know I have someone to consult in the process VACC.

#319979 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 05 August 2012 - 05:24 PM in Off Topic

Thanks spud, ill keep all that in mind

#319970 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 05 August 2012 - 01:44 PM in Off Topic

Thanks for the help shanaynay.

#319967 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 05 August 2012 - 01:31 PM in Off Topic

You are clearly mistaken. That guy has a stupid username and doesn't photograph well. I, on the other hand, am quite photogenic, and make a much better subject of study.

Also, I am quite certain that Carbon is correct.

.....no comment

#319949 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 05 August 2012 - 01:18 AM in Off Topic

Make sure you include the glorious butt conquests of the LGLF.
Carbon was a major contributor to homemades in the nerfing community, so he deserves a few honorable mentions... and an interview would be cool.

I will need to be informed Righteous. I have only been apart of the NIC myself for a year. Yes, I should include interviews of the ones that have revolutionized the NIC. I have no clue what the LGLF is.

#319946 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 05 August 2012 - 01:07 AM in Off Topic

I greatly appreciate you including me in this list of possible subjects. I am quite willing to help in any way possible.

Well the first chapter of this biography will be the History of Nerf. What you can do is forward me links to where I can get the full low down on NERF and Lanard. Send all info through PM. I appreciate your willingness to help Draconis.

#319943 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 05 August 2012 - 12:30 AM in Off Topic

Hey guys, I need something to do in my free time besides Nerf and disc golf, so this is what I want to do. As stupid as this sounds, I want to create a NIC biography. This includes the history of Nerf and details of its competitors, line of blasters etc. The various NIC forums and its creators. The most popular NIC Youtubers, Drac, Uin etc., and some of the most revolutionary modifications involving stock and home made blasters. This isn't going to be a week long, month long or even year long project. This vision I have, is to inform our children's chidren of this wonderful hobby we all love so much. So this is what I need from you, the Nerf haven part of the NIC. I need as much information as possible. If you have any important and relative information to any of the topics, or feel I should add a "chapter" please do so. I will be spreading this to all of the major forums, (Nerfhaven, Nerf HQ, the HVZ forums) and including them as well. If you want to be apart of this, I need information from you. I want this as well written as possible, and I can't do it without your help. Thank you ahead for your cooperation and support.

When this biography is complete, it will be printed out and sent to all major influences in the NIC for approval, and I will take all feedback and revisions and finalize them to be published to every forum and printed for every nerfer to keep. This is going to be big guys and will hopefully be remembered for generations. Keep that in mind as we travel this journey together.

#319913 A concern about the AT (and other clip guns)

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 04 August 2012 - 04:07 PM in Modifications

Incorrect.

The dart tooth interacts with the bolt sled on the Recon, AT, Longshot, and Longstrike, so it is most likely that is the mechanism on all of the N-Strike breech blasters.

That piece being discussed interacts with the next dart to be loaded. Without it, the spring mechanism in the magazine could cause the incoming dart to align poorly with the barrel and thus not load properly.

I didn't say dart tooth, I said dart tooth door, the door on the side of the dart tooth mech that is pushed out of the way by the breech nose.

#319908 A concern about the AT (and other clip guns)

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 04 August 2012 - 03:18 PM in Modifications

I have tested it. The importance of the dart tooth, is to allow the dart to stay still in the clip as the breech slides over the dart. Without this piece, the dart will slide into the faux barrel and will not fire properly.

ah yes, the breech nose. Well I have seen massacre kits break at that point but the blaster is still operational. That nose pushes through the barrel and keeps the dart tooth door out of the way so the dart can be fired. You just need to be careful as to how much you shorten it. Too short and it can't interact with the dart tooth door.

#319903 A concern about the AT (and other clip guns)

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 04 August 2012 - 01:55 PM in Modifications

For a while now, I've been pondering an idea for a mod that I'd like to use on a Trooper. At the same time, it could probably be used for a Raider/Rampage. But since I'd rather not end up borking some blasters unnecessarily, I thought I'd venture asking the NIC.
My question is: How important is that feeding tooth in the bolt system? Must it stay the original length, always? Or can it be shortened?
I only ask because searching has yielded no results.

I have tested it. The importance of the dart tooth, is to allow the dart to stay still in the clip as the breech slides over the dart. Without this piece, the dart will slide into the faux barrel and will not fire properly.

#314533 Painting

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 19 April 2012 - 10:46 AM in Modifications

Yeah, I have quite a bit of experience with spray paint, I was think more of what kind of paint to use for detailing. Acrylic works good you guys say? Great, I have some lying around.

In addition, if you want to make your paintjobs last as long as possible, be sure to do a layer or 2 of clear coat.

#314525 Air pump blaster question

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 19 April 2012 - 01:21 AM in Modifications

Is it ok or even smart to leave an air tank powered blaster pumped? If it isn't how long is it ok to safely leave it pumped? I ask because I plan to keep 2 spiderman air blasters on me for HVZ next year as I am walking to class. The thing is I would need to keep them pumped through out the day. Since I am planning to plug the pumps on each, I had to be sure so they wouldn't break while they are stored in my back pack then not be usable when I am out on the open campus and vulnerable.

#314414 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 15 April 2012 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

Here is some wonderful work by a fellow nerfer that he did for me.

Posted Image

My hvz weapons.

#314405 OMW Massacre AT Kit

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 15 April 2012 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

UPDATE

Now, all kits will not need as much reinforcing and have the plunger travel increased as standard - solving any problems. Just proves that they listen to our feedback!

Exactly, as a matter of fact, the only reinforcement I have needed is for the priming handle, the rest of the kit works flawlessly, the way it should.

#314382 Favorite Longshot Mod?

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 14 April 2012 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

Possibly the most useful mod you can do. The shotgun grip turns the longshot into a worthy and useful primary for HVZ and wars. I can't wait for OMW version of the shotgun grip.

#314381 Nerf Spectre Plunger Reinforcement

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 14 April 2012 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

You could use super glue, or better yet: melt the edges back together. I use a wood-burning tool when I weld plastics. You could also use some all purpose solvent.(avalible at lowes) But the best fix of all; use the stock spring! :)

Super glue melts plastic.

Yeah dude, did it ever occur to you after the first or second broke that maybe you should stick to jst the stock, there are a ton of ways to get more power out out a gun rather than using a bigger spring.

The omw 2x spring isn't bigger just stronger, but if you are able to cut the most thin layer of epoxy putter you can, it should do and still won't be a really tight fit.

#313901 Spider Man Dart Tag Blaster

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 02 April 2012 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

Found it, thanks!

#313892 Spider Man Dart Tag Blaster

Posted by ZoMbIe HuNtEr on 02 April 2012 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

Can you plug the tank in a dart tag spiderman blaster? If so can someone direct me to a tutorial and what are the best ranges I could get out of it?