kaneashiru1's Content

There have been 4 items by kaneashiru1 (Search limited from 03-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#310602 noob question broken plunger tube shaft

Posted by kaneashiru1 on 02 February 2012 - 10:30 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys I, ended up epoxying the thing with a dart in it, then 2 coats of epoxy sanded it cut a shard of pvc pipe and laid it across as reinforcement... It dries today I'll post pics when I'm done...

I didn't use pipe cutters cause I was following a vid where the guy didn't cut the whole thing out, he just cut it enough to open it up and dremel the insides.. thanks guys...

And yes Pause that's my other option

#310573 noob question broken plunger tube shaft

Posted by kaneashiru1 on 02 February 2012 - 02:50 AM in Modifications

Thanks guys... I kinda crammed a drat in there to get the alignment right then put an epoxy over coat on the tube after i sanded it a bit so that the epoxy had something to hold on..

I'l probably riun the dart, I'm expecting it to stick to the epoxy that leaks into the pipe but i'll prolly just file the insides out...

Oh yeah forgot to mention i can't find brass tubes here... ~_~ that's why I'm forced to make a custom without them.. ~_~

Hmmm.. i think i've some wire around or something...
How thick can I make the bridge so that it won't it hit anything else on the inside?

#310568 noob question broken plunger tube shaft

Posted by kaneashiru1 on 02 February 2012 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

So I've a question for you guys I started modding my alpha trooper (while waiting for my plunger rod assembly on my other gun that I'm making from scratch I'll post pics and whatever when I'm done - trying to make a reverse plunder tube type gun with 2 huge springs and pvc tubes and heavy duty bolts to handle all the stress...). Well anyway I was done removing the locks and etc. I have a dremel but no drill, and I saw in some vid tutorials that the other way to remove an AR is to partially cut the tube then dremel the junk outta the thing. Here's the problem when I did as the tutorial showed and I was supposed to bend it open and rip the junk outta the insides of the tube, my tube snapped in two. well i realized oh well it's broken now might as well get the junk out and proceeded to dremel all the junk outta the tube. Can't seem to find videos or tips for "oh-sh**!"-moments like these...

Now here's my question, can I just epoxy the tube together again will it hold? and How do I maintain alignment and factor in for the bits of plastic that were shaved off when I cut the tube?

I'm thinking can I just stick a dart in there to align the thing then just slather epoxy all across the tube, then just scrape the insides with a file to get whatever chunks of the dart end up sticking to the epoxy?

Oh, and while I'm here I've another question is automotive lithium grease and silicon grease different from the things you should use on your gun, the silicon grease i got seems a bit too fine and the lithium grease tends to "freeze up" in high humidity and low temperates... I tried mixing both and it looks like a good consistency but I'm scared to put it on my gun.. O.O

#310335 Noob pvc question

Posted by kaneashiru1 on 30 January 2012 - 12:50 AM in Homemades

I think it kinda depends on if you used solvent, if you did... well pvc's cheap... Otherwise it depends on the glue, I know there are glue solvents.. ^_^ Check the type then google it..
I'm a lazy person so I'd probably just cut it off fit a smaller diameter pvc where i cut, then refit another tube of the original diameter over it then glue all 3 pieces together... Hope this helps.