StraXXuS's Content

There have been 33 items by StraXXuS (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#335254 Need spring for homemade project

Posted by StraXXuS on 06 November 2013 - 03:52 PM in Homemades

Well my mind reading was slightly off... ;) Ever think about using latex tubing? there is almost no limit to draw/power and is supposedly supa smooth.

Well the project was initially supposed to be bow powered, and it was... until the bow arms broke :\ so I decided to just use a spring instead to avoid any further breakage. Thus this post was born.

#335229 Need spring for homemade project

Posted by StraXXuS on 05 November 2013 - 06:27 PM in Homemades

It is the most widely used plunger rod for the most part. (and I can read your mind) Which one are you getting? The problem you will have with the k44 is it will most likely mess with your trigger nail (considering the fact that you are making a snap) and the k27 may not be able to slide around cpvc, but you could probably do enough extensive sanding for it to work great.

Actually there is no trigger so no problems there. I am building probably the simplest homemade ever, and its a simple pull back and let go system.

#335209 Need spring for homemade project

Posted by StraXXuS on 05 November 2013 - 01:54 AM in Homemades

This spring may just fit your bill, its a k44 and is 36" long with a .75 id. SPRING Or you could go with a k27 which has a .625 id and would most likely not fit around cpvc well.

Wow that looks perfect for what I'm doing, how did you know I was fitting it around cpvc? :lol: Thank you.

#335204 Need spring for homemade project

Posted by StraXXuS on 04 November 2013 - 11:37 PM in Homemades

I need a spring that is 13" in length and about 5/8" inner diameter. Anyone know of anything that fits these specs?

#335149 New Buzz Bee Sidewinder

Posted by StraXXuS on 02 November 2013 - 06:27 PM in General Nerf

Some guy had one at my uni's HvZ game, he let me pop a few darts off from it.

It's basically a Raider. I think an at3k pump should fit in the pump action, but if not you can always elongate the slots for the pump handle and create a larger draw.

Actually I was thinking of just using the pump inside the sidewinder along with a check valve and an OPRV set to what the at3k normally holds. Well I geuss now I just go get one and fiddle with it. :rolleyes:

#335136 New Buzz Bee Sidewinder

Posted by StraXXuS on 02 November 2013 - 02:13 AM in General Nerf

I was at my local Wal-mart and saw one of these:Not my pic(Pic from the late Urban Taggers blog) I searched the interwebs for any specs or internal pics, but was sorely dissapointed to find only one website that had very few. So now I ask the Nic, Does anyone have one of these that they've busted open? The main thing I'm looking for is if the pump has enough draw to fill an at3k tank with one pump.

#331572 Will Custom Darts Work in Stock Barrels?

Posted by StraXXuS on 04 July 2013 - 02:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

In some experiments I've conducted in trying to find a better than stock dart, I've found that if you cut a stock elite dart right where the stem from the tip ends in the darts shaft, then take the little orange dome off of the tip and clean up the edges, then put the now semi-flat tip onto the other end of the elite dart, that it performs quite a bit better than stock elite darts. (man that was a run-on sentence.)The only issue I've had with that method is fastening the tips back on. Hot glue melted the foam, and epoxy didn't quite hold it. I think maybe silicon might work. So thats my method, feel free to adapt and/or alter it any way you want to suit your needs. Just thought it'd be useful to you seeing as how you want to keep the use of stock magazines and barrels.

#329689 EAT Giveaway

Posted by StraXXuS on 11 May 2013 - 08:55 PM in General Nerf

If aliens would attack the earth, and their only weakness was foam. We would be humanity's last hope.

you have no idea how long I've been waiting for that. It would be so amazing because then foam melee weapons would actually have a use.
I was going to write a haiku
not really
I dont know how to haiku
so whatever
haiku

#328501 Has anyone modded the Pyragon for firefly tech?

Posted by StraXXuS on 02 April 2013 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

I was thinking of doing something exactly like what you just posted, but I was wondering if, while using slamfire, the discs would be in the light long enough to charge up. Has anyone used this who can comment?

I mounted an led inside my vigilon chamber and I can fire the whole clip in quick succesion and the discs will all be glowing. So mounting in the barrel shouldnt be an issue unless you're firing 10 discs per second.

#324551 Now open for commissions

Posted by StraXXuS on 17 December 2012 - 11:50 PM in Modifications

Title pretty much sums it up, rates are below. I need to raise some money for things and thought,"Hey, why not get paid to do something I like doing?" At the moment I do not have pictures to show my previous work, so its all just claims. So far I've completed successfully: 5 voltage mods(all still working the way they did at the time of modding), 10+ AR removals, 10+ Seal upgrades, 5 spring replacements,3 integrations, several brass barrels(not breech, barrel), and 1 cosmetic mod. If any of you out there decide you want to gauge my skills and would like to purchase my services, send me a pm and we can work it out. Buyer pays for shipping and blaster(unless you provide it).

Rates:
ar removal/seal improvement: free with any other semi-advanced mod, or $5 alone
spring replacement: if you send me the spring to replace, its free with any other mod purchase. otherwise you pay for the spring and the other mod
barrel replacement: depends on what barrel you want, if not specified I will use 17/32 brass for a total cost of $15. If barrel material is provided, cost is $8. If barrel material is not provided, but is specified, you pay for the barrel only.
integrations: can vary from $5 to $20 depending on the complexity of the integration.

I will do paintjobs upon request, you pay for paint and shipping if I don't have the paint. Shipping and labor if I do. Pics of previous projects upon request.

Special offer: free ar removal and seal improvement with any paintjob.

TL;DR, middle of the road services for cheap. Thanks for reading and goodbye.

P.S.: Yes my rep on here isnt the greatest. Im more of a lurker. that is all
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

This is not the trading forum. Having no evidence of your work does not a good commissions thread make.

#323250 NERF WAR experts needed for 10 part mini-series

Posted by StraXXuS on 31 October 2012 - 09:46 PM in Off Topic

This is fun.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
YO DUDE I KNOW TED IS COOL AND ALL BUT THIS AND YOUR OTHER POST ARE PRETTY UNNECESSARY.

#323248 NERF WAR experts needed for 10 part mini-series

Posted by StraXXuS on 31 October 2012 - 09:21 PM in Off Topic

Watch out everybody we have a new sherrif in town goes by the name of StraXXuS! He's one tough son of a gun.

Wow I make a misinformed comment and suddenly im a sheriff? cool.

#323241 NERF WAR experts needed for 10 part mini-series

Posted by StraXXuS on 31 October 2012 - 03:41 PM in Off Topic

Wow. The 20 posts that you have really gives you the impression that you're tough shit now, doesn't it?

No, not at all. I'm just a major critique when it comes to things like this. I refer you to my above response to VelveetaAvenger.

#323236 NERF WAR experts needed for 10 part mini-series

Posted by StraXXuS on 31 October 2012 - 02:10 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, I've never seen nerf spelled in all capitals before.

Posted Image

Point taken, all I'm saying is that this looks an awful lot like one of those ads that says something like,"looking for (your search here)? find the best prices on (your search here)!"

#323234 NERF WAR experts needed for 10 part mini-series

Posted by StraXXuS on 31 October 2012 - 01:43 PM in Off Topic

This is very hard to believe. First off, the company's name is Hasbro, not "NERF," Nerf is the line of toys. Secondly, anyone who capitalizes "NERF WAR" or just "NERF" has got to know practically nothing about the subject. Along with the fact that making a TV series about a nerf war is one of the worst ideas I've heard of. Sure maybe a youtube video but there's no way you could get a series out of it! I conclude that this is spam. Hope the mods have fun with this one.

#322693 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by StraXXuS on 17 October 2012 - 12:55 AM in Modifications

First off is my rayven, which has clearly had a recon stock grafted onto the back. why? because i like recon stocks. also you can clearly see the black and white paintjob, based off of some of johnsonarms works.
Posted Image
next is my OMW unleashed stages 1 and 2 recon. made a custom grip out of the foregrip of a quick 16 and the rail piece off of a strikefire. lots of bonding agents were used. i really like metallic blues, so i threw some on there along with some black. turned out better than expected. also decided to use the praxis stock instead of the recon stock.
Posted Image

#322623 Vote for NH's Next Avatar Pack

Posted by StraXXuS on 15 October 2012 - 01:45 PM in Off Topic

Super Villains

#318824 longshot lubrication problems

Posted by StraXXuS on 19 July 2012 - 06:26 PM in Modifications

yep the teflon lube did the trick, thanks for the help!

#318775 longshot lubrication problems

Posted by StraXXuS on 18 July 2012 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

Thank you for the suggestions, I tried some liquid wrench spray lube to no avail, I think I saw some teflon dry lube in the cupboard though so Ill try that and get back to you. @hamoidar I think thats originally what I had on there, but I didnt put nearly enough on for it to last.

#318756 longshot lubrication problems

Posted by StraXXuS on 18 July 2012 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

I recently brass barreled my longshot, along with adding two springs, and it got ranges of 120'+ angled. after a few shots though I noticed the ranges dropping down to about 80'. so I went and opened it up and it had worn the lubricant off. now Ive tried multiple lubricants already but cant seem to find one that works. so I was wondering what lubricant any of you would reccomend for a longshot?

#314918 The Hailfire letdown

Posted by StraXXuS on 28 April 2012 - 05:33 PM in General Nerf

It would really be a beast if someone modded the turn table under a stampede.

thats exactly what I was hoping this blaster would accomplish, because of how Effeminate it would be!

#314896 The Hailfire letdown

Posted by StraXXuS on 27 April 2012 - 10:52 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, Hasbro gets it wrong too, kind of upsetting.
For reference.

hmm I stand corrected. my geuss to why they did that is because "clip" is much easier for children to remember than "magazine"

#314889 The Hailfire letdown

Posted by StraXXuS on 27 April 2012 - 07:43 PM in General Nerf

Sorry multiposted because of an error

#314888 The Hailfire letdown

Posted by StraXXuS on 27 April 2012 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

Also I believe you mean magazines, not clips.

No he meant clips. Hasbro refers to them as "quick reload clips." Though I suppose the names are interchangeable.

#314885 The Hailfire letdown

Posted by StraXXuS on 27 April 2012 - 06:58 PM in General Nerf

Full auto for Nerf blasters is overkill in most circumstances. In the indoor wars I have participated in, the semi-auto capabilities of the RF20 we had made it far more useful and effective than the pair of Magstrikes we had, even when someone could run around with up to four loaded magazines for their Magstrike.

I for one was actually pleasantly surprised to learn that it was semi-auto rather than full-auto. If this thing gets halfway decent ranges, it would make a ridiculously powerful indoor blaster due to the sheer quantity of foam you can unleash before needing to unload.

in the case of the stampede and vulcan(both full auto,save the vulcans manual mode) you could fire semi-auto if you pulled the trigger once rather than holding it down. I was hoping the hailfire would be a hybrid of a vulcan and a stampede(a.k.a. rain doom upon your enemies for extended periods of time before reloading) which is why i'm dissapointed.

#314866 The Hailfire letdown

Posted by StraXXuS on 27 April 2012 - 01:53 PM in General Nerf

Hasbro released a teaser video for the elite hailfire on their facebook page. This video let on to just how much of a let-down the hailfire is. Turns out all those who thought it was a flywheel blaster were right. And even though it has the capacity for 8 clips, hasbro decided to only package it with 4. On the upside however, we now know that the front handle is what advances the clip mechanism. What aggravates me the most, is that hasbro decided that the blaster with the highest dart capacity should be semi-auto(thats right its semi even though it can hold up to 144 darts) rather than full auto. Anyone else feel finger cramps coming on?

#314233 Vulcan problem

Posted by StraXXuS on 10 April 2012 - 12:58 PM in Modifications

1-Strech the spring that pushes the nub out that holds the tube forward
2-Remove any lube that might have got on the nub and rough up the surface so that there is more friction so it doesn't slide off as easy

I will get back to you after said mods are finished, thanks for all the help!

#314184 Vulcan problem

Posted by StraXXuS on 09 April 2012 - 10:46 AM in Modifications

I can fire through a whole belt manually. So I think its a problem something like what darthrambo said in that the seal is being removed before the dart is launched. I'm not totally sure how to fix that though. I'll have to look into it when I get another chance to open up my Vulcan.

#314117 Vulcan problem

Posted by StraXXuS on 07 April 2012 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

Recently I opened up my Vulcan to install an OMW upgrade spring(5 KG if you are wondering) and after installation I reassembled it. One problem, it seems to Be awful picky about what darts it fires. I can hear it firing but the darts dont leave the belt at all. If it makes any difference I also have an 8 AA battery holder voltage mod.

#313719 Painting problems

Posted by StraXXuS on 29 March 2012 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

Yes I have had the same effect, and the same result. I used a matte finish so it completed dulled the chrome and from what I was told a clear coat in general will either dull or eliminate the chrome effect unfortunately, but try a high gloss and let us know what happens

Ok thanks! any recomendations on what clear coat to buy? Im new to the spray paint thing.

#313715 Painting problems

Posted by StraXXuS on 29 March 2012 - 09:40 PM in General Nerf

I was painting a jolt into MIB colors earlier today, everything was going fine until I go and spray clearcoat onto the black and chrome paint job. The clearcoat dulled the chrome to an almost steel pipe grey. Has anyone else had this happen to them? anyone have an explanation?

#312678 How I deal with spiders

Posted by StraXXuS on 10 March 2012 - 02:22 PM in General Nerf

I hope people don't see this and then think nerf is about murdering animals.

That, my friend, seems just a bit far fetched. A single post about an alternate use for our skills, most likely wouldnt change anyones opinion about us. Of course im not from any of those animal rights groups, but I dont think anyone particularly cares if a few flys die.

#312664 How I deal with spiders

Posted by StraXXuS on 10 March 2012 - 03:10 AM in General Nerf

So im not the only one who does this! Trains your Aim and gets rid of Pests! Try going for flys, its quite gratifying to know you took one out.