Griever 2112's Content

There have been 389 items by Griever 2112 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#364118 APOC 2019 - Saturday August 3rd in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Griever 2112 on 31 July 2019 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't wait..... holy crap... people still come here?

#360608 APOCALYPSE 2017 - Saturday August 5th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Griever 2112 on 16 June 2017 - 02:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there. Woohoo APOC!!!!!!!

#355481 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Griever 2112 on 10 August 2016 - 03:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't believe it's taken me this long to write this...

Pros:

• Getting to see my friends, Clownie, Beaker, Aeromech, Miguel, Dan, Joe, Zach, Van, after my small hiatus.
  • Getting to meet some awesome new people like Chicken, Drac, RandomShadow
  • The Rain held off, the Nerf deities smiled upon us.
  • Played my fair share of rounds and my Plusbow and Pullback held up very well.
  • I didn't die of heat stroke.
  • Me and Clownie's AWESOME FLAG.
  • The options Langley offered during rounds.
  • Getting to film Chicken vs Van in that Effeminate 1v1

Cons:

• The Nerf deities cursed us with a ton of humidity.
  • Some of my darts were jamming, and not in a cool, rocking out way
  • The Alpha Trooper Dos.0 is retired after 1 war (R.I.P. you OMW piece of junk)

Overall, APOC is always an amazing war. Great time was had by all. Got some really good footage if anyone wants to got watch it. https://www.youtube....h?v=voGEqWZFZGA

And for anyone who wants to join me, I accept Drac's challenge for next year 4v4 North vs. South.

#355144 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Griever 2112 on 22 July 2016 - 01:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Time off at work has gone in, looks like finally gonna make my first APOC. Me, open field, August heat.......sounds like an ambulance ride impending.

Fear not my friend, I am certified in CPR... please don't make me use it.

#353418 East Coast Geddon Warmup War - June 4th in North Brunswick NJ

Posted by Griever 2112 on 12 May 2016 - 11:37 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me for a solid maybe, and a guest. Just got to make sure nothing is going on that day.

#352798 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Griever 2112 on 13 April 2016 - 06:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I am more of a super stock guy as I don't really do the homemade+stefans.

Dude, the first APOC I went to I didn't have a "competitive" homemade. But if you got something you can work with, then work it. My first time I had an Alpha Trooper for one of the capture type game. The guys were like really? Then they saw what I could do, and were like I want you next round. Granted it was like 4 years ago, but still.

#352721 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Griever 2112 on 11 April 2016 - 11:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh hell yes!! I missed last year, I ain't missing this year. I may have a guest or two with me.

#349519 PA Super Stock War 11/28

Posted by Griever 2112 on 10 November 2015 - 02:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I want to say solid maybe for me. As far as I am aware I have nothing planned that day.

#349485 PA Super Stock War 11/28

Posted by Griever 2112 on 09 November 2015 - 10:50 AM in Nerf Wars

I have not actually done one before, depending on date and location, I could be down for it.

#348914 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by Griever 2112 on 30 September 2015 - 12:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

That is cool.... I'm using that...

#348897 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by Griever 2112 on 29 September 2015 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Plains plays well to both superstock and NIC blasters. The point is to have fun, plain and simple.

#348884 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Griever 2112 on 28 September 2015 - 10:41 AM in Nerf Wars

It's a few days late but this was a great war.

Pros:
- The Megas Rounds were the silliest thing I've played in a long time, and sooo much fun.
- Overall good amount of games and rounds.
- The in-between rounds were full of fun.
- Always great seeing everyone.
- RRRRRRRRRR! PPPPPPPPPPP! GGGGGGGGGGG!
- No major blaster issues.

Cons:
- Everyone who bailed because of the Philhaus and Aerofluenza issues.
- Small Sicilian pizza...
- Dice making me feel old...

Overall good war, DX and Alfatrooper did a good job.

#348842 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Griever 2112 on 25 September 2015 - 11:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Going to be running a little later, Should be their after 10, but hopefully like 10:30ish... For the Megas Round, I have a spare Cycloneshock and Magnus if anyone wants to borrow one, I just don't have many Mega Darts.

#348816 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Griever 2112 on 23 September 2015 - 08:38 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to be looking for some darts too... probably only 100 though... going to try and get some made this week, but I won't be able to make enough on my own.

#348753 The C.L.E.A.R

Posted by Griever 2112 on 16 September 2015 - 09:53 AM in Homemades

This was pretty c-a-t smart... I get the concept... but I'm having trouble visualizing the how it actually fires... Do you have a firing video?

#348752 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Griever 2112 on 16 September 2015 - 09:42 AM in Nerf Wars

Do we know where we are playing yet? Babbage or John Adams?

#348656 Deploy CS-6

Posted by Griever 2112 on 04 September 2015 - 12:47 PM in General Nerf

Sorry, you do sound like an ass and it's not your problem/business. I also said before that it's a longshot and I'm not stupid. It is completely irrelevant to this forum and thread what Hasbro does in a situation like this. I bought this blaster several years ago and you yourself said it was 4 years old and I had not yet found the "the world of nerf" as I have today. I am not interested in your lecture, and it's not about being "dissatisfied" it's about something absolutely not working and there are laws that say that the product has to do what it's expected to do. You have no actual proof (at least not that you state here) that suggests Hasbro should not do anything. Do not treat me like I'm an idiot.

-pusur

Then stop sounding like one. If you bought this years ago, and just decided to act on it now, then you are an idiot. The majority of lemon laws are designed for Cars and other Motor Vehicles, what you have is a broke toy. It is calledreturning it to the store. Which, if I worked at hasbro and saw this... after laughing my ass off, would be to reply back of. 1) Did you make any attempt to return the product to the store you purchased it from for another one? 2) if you did? Did you have the same issues? 3) What dart clips are you using with the Deploy?

Your 6 round clip works... which is what this blaster came with, and was originally designed for. So therefore you do not have a defective blaster, it is possibly your darts or the 18 round clip that is at fault for causing the misfeeds.

I work as a triage support technician... I've seen and heard it all when it comes to product complaints. I had a customer like you where they had a device of my companies that stopped working. He threw it out and a year later called saying he wanted a replacement at no charge cause his didn't work. Never made any attempt to have it fixed, repaired or anything, just chucked it, and wanted a replacement a year later.

The Centurion when it came out. was eating darts, at least 1 out of 6 darts through a good amount of the first run centurions was destroyed beyond use. Hasbro never issues any recalls or replaced any blasters. Give it up. Go buy something else and take the Deploy and either mod it, paint it, or throw it out.

It's a lost cause, and don't get pissed with me boy, I'm telling you how it is, the Deploy is junk and you are a snot nose little brat who thinks some giant corporation owes him because you got screwed 4 years ago and never did squat about it. Grow up.

#348653 Deploy CS-6

Posted by Griever 2112 on 04 September 2015 - 08:02 AM in General Nerf

I am trying to get nerf to replace the deploy and give me another blaster of a different type. It's not really relevant but I explained this to Griever because it would be a smart business idea to give me something else because then it would be possible for me to buy extra equipment and giving them money in the long run instead of leaving me with a non-working blaster that I can't do anything with and a bad taste in the mouth about Nerf.

OK, you seem to be under some kind of assumption that because you are dissatisfied with the Deploy that Hasbro/Nerf is going to replace it because it would be a "smart business decision." I'm failing to see the logic in this thought process. I'm sorry if I'm about to sound like an ass... but... You obviously have internet in some form wherever you are (since you mentioned it, a country might help a little to understand this better) but a simple search on the Deploy and you would have known not to get it. Especially if Nerf is so scarce where you are, and you seem to have an interest in it, I would have looked into it, but that is me. Also there is a saying "Buyer Beware", meaning if you just go and throw money at something and it isn't what you were hoping for... that is on you, not the manufacturer.

Also this is one blaster that we all have told you sucks. Hasbro most likely will not care, if you want to get something better, look into it... There are plenty of youtube videos and blogs reviewing these things. Watch a few, there are those who are shills to hasbro and say everything is awesome (avoid NerfBoy Productions reviews) but watch a few see the general consensus and make a choice.

Take it as a life lesson, You bought something, it sucks, deal with it... get something else.

#348636 Deploy CS-6

Posted by Griever 2112 on 03 September 2015 - 09:17 AM in General Nerf

Anything that might make it actually shoot...
I might just write to nerf and tell them to take it back because it obviously is a fabrication fault since this is the norm for all deploy blasters.

-pusur

A) Hasbro won't do squat for a 4 year old blaster that has been out of production for 3 years. B, using a 6 round clip, I never had a feeding issue. Maybe try splitting the difference and use a 12-round and see if you keep having feeding issues. C) You possibly could just have a bad blaster. If that is the case, make it a prop or something. I have 2 depoys, and one is getting a nice mass effect overhaul.. .cause that this ONLY use I can see with that thing.

#348523 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by Griever 2112 on 25 August 2015 - 10:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Going to miss this... not realizing the date, it is actually my parents anniversary.

#348331 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by Griever 2112 on 11 August 2015 - 07:54 AM in Nerf Wars

I think I should be good for any of those dates, if something comes up I will let you know.

#348310 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by Griever 2112 on 10 August 2015 - 09:38 AM in Nerf Wars

I have to check... since I have committed to GnomeFEST, I may have to miss this one....

#348276 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by Griever 2112 on 07 August 2015 - 03:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I'M IN!!!

#348042 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by Griever 2112 on 25 July 2015 - 05:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Lot of fun today. Warring with old friend and new ones.
Pros:
Field was pretty good
Running 3-1 all day instead of 3-15 was a nice change.
Lot of rounds despite late start.
Lots of people playing

Cons:
It was a hike to the playing field.
Hard to run much other than 3-15
The late start... But it was fine.

#348033 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by Griever 2112 on 25 July 2015 - 09:00 AM in Nerf Wars

Where be everyone???

#347969 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by Griever 2112 on 21 July 2015 - 10:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey Koree, I checked with my friend, unfortunately they are busy this weekend, so it is just going to be me attending.

Clownie, I already packed the XBZ Raiders in my bag so I don't forget them.

#347715 No one cares about the name you gave your gun

Posted by Griever 2112 on 06 July 2015 - 09:48 AM in Off Topic

screw it, I'm adding to this...

Regarding the nomenclatures that are given to items and blasters, I have tried to learn them since starting this hobby. The first time I saw 4B I had no idea what someone was talking about, then I went looking for it. I get it that yes, we want to make it accessible to newcomers and such, but sometimes a little effort in learning things, rather than being spoon fed the info is required. Yes calling the Rapid Fire Shotgun a Doomsayer all the time can be confusing, but that is what it is most commonly associated with, so who's fault is it, the person who decided to call his blaster something, or the ones who just keep calling everything like that the name. I've come up with names for my stupid things, but I also incorporate the name of the actual blaster into it. Is anyone going to care what you call your personal blaster, no, but that's also saying, no one cares what you named your boat or your car, or whatever else you made. It's not for everyone, its for you. Drac renames everything of his Fang something or [insert vampire thing here] Do most of us care... no. Does he, yes, because it is his and it is something he made and worked on.

That's just my opinion, take it or leave it.

#347710 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by Griever 2112 on 06 July 2015 - 08:26 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a solid YES for this. as far as any guests, that is in the air, but I am attending for sure.

#347554 OMW Hammershot O-Tac S1 Kit

Posted by Griever 2112 on 30 June 2015 - 11:57 AM in Modifications

That is all I have heard about this kit, it took them forever to get it out, and it still a mess. $40 for something that barely adds 10FPS and one shot is not worth it.

#347507 Chunlin Darts on Amazon, similar to Xplorer darts

Posted by Griever 2112 on 29 June 2015 - 08:44 AM in Darts and Barrels

If you order them, definitely post up your findings. Personally I have a great love for those Koosh Darts, the description in the listing and the product picture sound a little contradictory, and that foam looks weak (in the bending picture) So I would hold off myself, and let someone else take one for the team.

#347341 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by Griever 2112 on 22 June 2015 - 09:41 AM in Nerf Wars

Since i am missing APOC, I am going to do everything in my power to make this. Also I will have at min a plus 1 up to 3

#347204 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by Griever 2112 on 15 June 2015 - 11:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey, even though I'm not making APOC, any talk of the pre-war, and when that would be?

#347103 [REVIEW] Knock-off Elite Suction Darts!

Posted by Griever 2112 on 10 June 2015 - 10:09 AM in Darts and Barrels

I just got mine in the mail, they're shorter than normal lol, but they do fine for me. Maybe your batch is bad Griever?

The Elite knockoff and the suction cup ones are both shorter than the standard elites. But the ones I got with the blazestorm just honestly didn't impress me. I am of the consensus that the Koosh Darts are the better alternative to the official darts... plus the ones I got if you really are just looking for suction cup darts. the cup is self is very thin, and the base is hard plastic... again in the batch I got... but since they are visually very similar, I don't think they are going to have much of a variance in design and quality between sellers.

#347093 [REVIEW] Knock-off Elite Suction Darts!

Posted by Griever 2112 on 09 June 2015 - 03:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

Don't know, but honestly I don't recommend them. I got 10 with a Blazestorm, and they are terrible. Better off buying the Koosh darts. Better dart and quality.

#346316 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by Griever 2112 on 20 April 2015 - 08:23 AM in Nerf Wars

This sucks... my niece's sweet 16 is that day, and in the afternoon to boot... Have fun everyone. :(

#345750 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by Griever 2112 on 23 March 2015 - 09:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Well I'll go ahead and do the Pro/Con reply since no one else has.

Pros:
- First indoor war and it was amazing. (Koree you did a great job)
- Getting to see some friends I only get to see at APOC (Aeromech, KBK, Miguel)
- Popping Clownie's (blasters) cherry :P
- Getting to play with Clownie after a long hiatus.
- Games were plentiful and really fun.

Cons:
- exhaustion after that 2:30 timer demo round.
- Most of my footage of Rounds filmed is dark, but I will make it work somehow.
- Long drive through God's Country...

Overall can't really complain about it, it was a great day. Can't wait for the next war.

(I need to do a lot of editing, I will have my video up as soon as I can)

#345708 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by Griever 2112 on 21 March 2015 - 08:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Looking forward to Sunday... Is someone brining coffee?

#345630 eBay Nerf darts

Posted by Griever 2112 on 18 March 2015 - 08:04 AM in Darts and Barrels

They should. They work with my OMW Massacre Alpha Trooper. I have some stock stuff, I can double check tonight, but they are designed for regular use, not just in modded blasters. they just happen to perform better in modded blasters then stock streamlines.. and overall.

#345607 Need help making Reaper's Hellfire Shotguns.

Posted by Griever 2112 on 17 March 2015 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

Agree with the consensus... Roughcut, the profile is perfect.

#345606 eBay Nerf darts

Posted by Griever 2112 on 17 March 2015 - 04:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

beautifulwoman2012 on ebay sells koosh darts at a good price. they work work with clip. good construction and are better than streamline darts.