sjoseph371's Content

There have been 2 items by sjoseph371 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#310156 Nerf Wargames for Kids

Posted by sjoseph371 on 26 January 2012 - 12:35 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the ideas so far - I like teh idea using 3 pieces of flagging tape to keep track of how many hits the person gets and the one where you have to score hits into a box.

Keeping track of the darts - I tried something like labelling the darts with everyone's name at a Nerf War sleepover for my son and it was a nightmare trying to separate out everyone's darts - multiply that by 10 for 60 kids. What do you guys do at teh "pro" Nerf War matches?

Any ideas for "skill" games? My idea since there were so many kids and only 1 large gaming area was to have 1/2 of the kids in the gaming area and hte other 1/2 doing something else . . . . some kind of skill game . . .

Thanks for the great ideas - keep them coming!

#310069 Nerf Wargames for Kids

Posted by sjoseph371 on 25 January 2012 - 12:47 PM in General Nerf

OK I’m an FNG, so forgive me if this topic has been beat to death already. I’m looking for Nerf War games to play with a larger group in an area the size of a medium sized school cafeteria. While I am NOT planning on doing this in a school, I am trying to organize a Nerf activity for a school age youth group than I lead. The group consists of boys age 7 – 11 and possibly their parents. Obviously safety is a factor so we’ll be donning the appropriate safety gear, but I need something that’s “controllable” where I just don’t have a bunch of boys running around and potentially hurting each other, but I cannot have something that’s too complicated for kids to understand, either.

I’m also looking for some kind of games of skill other than just shooting at Solo cups.

Finally, this is a “bring your own” Nerf event, so do you have any ideas how to keep track of the darts? I can let everyone know to bring X darts and to expect a percentage of them to be lost, etc, but I don’t want scrubs to bring their worst darts in and leave with someone else’s cream of the crop darts, etc. Since funds are limited, I cannot buy darts for everyone, and I also cannot charge an “admission fee” to cover the cost of buying new ones either.
Thanks for any ideas!