A Bear's Content

There have been 4 items by A Bear (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#319366 Seal suggestions for 2 inch pvc

Posted by A Bear on 28 July 2012 - 03:34 PM in Homemades

As for washer you already have, how thick is it?

The washer I have was 1/8" thick, as my Ace didn't have 1/16". I took another trip to Ace today and got a 1/16" rubber sheet and traced over it. That way I can adjust the ID and OD easily. Thanks for the help everyone!

#319339 Seal suggestions for 2 inch pvc

Posted by A Bear on 27 July 2012 - 11:00 PM in Homemades

Did you lube the PT? That helped immensely on a 1 1/4" PVC PT for me.

Alternatively, try cutting a tiny bit off of the edge of the washer, getting it absolutely perfectly round shouldn't matter if it's still in contact with the PT all over.

Not sure if any of this will work with whatever you're planning on using as your plunger head.

mcmaster carr shaft viper 9422K31

Meaker: Yes, I covered the washer in White Lithium Grease, but it didn't help much. I'll try trimming the washer.
Ryan: I would like to try the cup,but how would I attach the cup to the plunger head?
Proplus: Are you sure this part would work? Mcmaster says the OD is 2 and 3/8", which is even larger then the washer I used.

#319322 Seal suggestions for 2 inch pvc

Posted by A Bear on 27 July 2012 - 06:16 PM in Homemades

As the title says, I need something that will seal in 2 inch pvc, as the 2 1/4" washer I tried created horrid amounts of friction.I also have to be able to attach it to an up-sized superlative plunger head, if it makes any difference.

#318904 sperlative plunger head question

Posted by A Bear on 20 July 2012 - 07:00 PM in Homemades

I don't know if one method seals better, but I can tell you that the 1.25" washer is supposed to be in front of the 1.5". It helps cushion it from the "cookie cutter" effect that happens when you tighten the finishing washer.