Shoopy's Content

There have been 143 items by Shoopy (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#348345 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by Shoopy on 11 August 2015 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes Please Koree. Finally a war that is only 1hr and 15min away!

#347722 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by Shoopy on 06 July 2015 - 04:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Hopefully

#340685 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Shoopy on 24 July 2014 - 07:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be in attendance fo'sho. PA power repin' hard.

#336346 Electronics Help

Posted by Shoopy on 05 January 2014 - 04:18 PM in Modifications

Being a noob and all, Coop772 on YouTube has some pretty good basic mod guides (he has one for the Rayven) and does a lot of tutorials on more advanced junk like LED and rewring of electrics. Check him out on YouTube and I think he'll have some really insightful tips on what you're trying to achieve.

#336345 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Shoopy on 05 January 2014 - 04:14 PM in Homemades

I know I'm bring this back but I was working on this when Double Rainbows were still popular. This is my Double Rainbow PAC. LDPE handle and barrel/Plungertube spacers, 1.5' bow arms on each side, Tee+45 elbow stock, 7.5" of draw, 1/2" PEX tube with nested wooden dowel rod plunger rod, Tee pumpgrip, Skirt seal. Hits suppa hard and is super smooth and easy draw due to the bow string being placed all the in the back of the blaster.

Posted Image

#336303 First nerf of the New Year

Posted by Shoopy on 03 January 2014 - 05:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Great way to re-kindle the nerf season. Hopefully I can make it... with some extra clothing.

#335140 Ban the user above you.

Posted by Shoopy on 02 November 2013 - 08:27 AM in Off Topic

Ban the person above me for making no fucking sense even in his own retarded mind.

#334678 Are Doomsayers still used in NIC Wars.

Posted by Shoopy on 11 October 2013 - 07:03 AM in General Nerf

When all my other blaster do not function... Yes

#333990 MAGENTA MONGOLS MILLCREEK SMACKDOWN

Posted by Shoopy on 14 September 2013 - 07:54 AM in Nerf Wars

Maybe.

#332739 SoCen PA Battle

Posted by Shoopy on 06 August 2013 - 12:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Might be there. It's the weekend before I start school so I will have to see.

#332725 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Shoopy on 05 August 2013 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

The basic junk yo. It's gunna get pimped out tactic-cool once some parts come in,
Posted Image

#332283 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Shoopy on 24 July 2013 - 07:44 PM in Homemades

Commission for Craftsman. 12" plunger tube. 4.25" of draw. LDPE handle, Plunger head, and catch. Rainbow.
Posted Image

My old snapbow repainted. Glittery purple. My most reliable blaster.
Posted Image

EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POST:

This is my rainbow pump variant. It was mostly made of recovered parts from old WIPs and blasters.

Rainfire: plunger rod
Old rainbow pump: pump sheaf/handle & catch
Rainbow Pup by Ryan: LDPE handle/trigger
PAC bow: stock
Pumpsnap: plunger head, front bushing, & spring

All I had to do was make the body and assemble it. I wanted to make a quick pump action blaster as a back-up back-up for APOC.
Posted Image

#332279 Surviving the Apocalypse: Darts and Equipment

Posted by Shoopy on 24 July 2013 - 04:59 PM in Nerf Wars

If someone isn't wearing some kind of eyewear, they will be reminded of the requirement and asked to go get their eye protection. However, It is your responsibility to protect your eyes. I strongly recommend getting something that is rated for high impact (Z87+). Eyeglasses may not provide adequate coverage and may not be high impact rated. The '+' sign indicates a high impact rating.

Ok. Well I wasn't planning on wearing my glasses I was just wondering. Also, when I wear them I make for the stereotypical Asian.

#332268 Surviving the Apocalypse: Darts and Equipment

Posted by Shoopy on 24 July 2013 - 10:58 AM in Nerf Wars

Regarding eye ware, can regular eye glasses be worn in replacement of other eye ware? My lenses are impact resistant and made of polycarb so I'm not scared of having them get it.

#332246 APOC Pre-war

Posted by Shoopy on 23 July 2013 - 10:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Double post...

#332245 APOC Pre-war

Posted by Shoopy on 23 July 2013 - 10:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Not making it though I wish I could, on vacation then straight to APOC. Hopefully turn out turns out better.

#332225 You say Panther?

Posted by Shoopy on 22 July 2013 - 02:44 PM in General Nerf

Does it take fewer pumps to charge up?

I would not know because I only had one and every time I pumped the blaster the tank popped out. If I held it back and pumped I could only pump it about five times before it was too much to hold back.

#332163 NerfHaven / Apoc Official Team Bandannas

Posted by Shoopy on 20 July 2013 - 05:50 PM in Site Feedback

I would buy one a pair of the APOC 2013 fo'sho. It's a great fund raiser.

#332143 You say Panther?

Posted by Shoopy on 19 July 2013 - 07:13 PM in General Nerf

A convenient way to sidestep this is to use a piece of 1/2" cpvc to pass through the bracer, connecting the tank to a coupler of your choice on the other side of the bracer. This way the tank will remain in its resting place behind the plastic bracer.

The ranges aren't as great as your standard Panther, but I'm easily pulling 70-90 feet which, honestly, is fine for such an inexpensive blaster.

I'll snap some pictures when I get back from NOMNE this weekend.

Great job. Thanks for posing this. Though this mod is an easy way around the "no touch zone" it also has some dead space which might reduce range but probably not that much at all.

My guess and everyone else's would be that the range decrease is because of the smaller tank..,

And, when you were done, did u notice a different firing noise than an older version panther?

#332108 You say Panther?

Posted by Shoopy on 18 July 2013 - 09:59 PM in General Nerf

@Ambience @nine: Yes. The smaller tank will provide for easier integrations because of its smaller size. But like I said before, it's about the size of a hornet tank.

You know, I would measure the tank but I have seemed to misplace it. I have heard that many other people in this thread have bought them so maybe they could assist you. Also, I only have a standard ruler so I don't know how accurate the measurements would be.

#331966 You say Panther?

Posted by Shoopy on 15 July 2013 - 05:52 PM in General Nerf

Safety of the kids...and liability.
Too bad these tanks are so small. Thanks for posting this Shoopy.

No problem. I just wanted to make sure people didn't do what I did and buy a lot of them because I was surprised Walmart carried them.

@shanaynay: I agree, I actually did think of saving the blast button unit because it looks a lot easier than the old unit to reuse.

#331927 You say Panther?

Posted by Shoopy on 14 July 2013 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

I was talking with Venom and he said that the Walmart Panthers have smaller tanks and are not very consistent to modding. So far at Toys r Us the panthers there have been the same with there tanks.All the same size. i would just buy them at Toys R Us just for the extra buck. All and all i had the problem too so i just sold mine.

Good thing they still have them at ToysRus, even for $6. Mine is being sold to the trash can.

#331925 You say Panther?

Posted by Shoopy on 14 July 2013 - 07:10 PM in General Nerf

Pics are up...

It looks like the usual externally...
Posted Image

And here's the new look internally...
Posted Image

Tank close up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Blast button --> Tank connector
Posted Image

Was white and fat, now black and skinny.
Posted Image

#331924 You say Panther?

Posted by Shoopy on 14 July 2013 - 06:59 PM in General Nerf

Hey all. I didn't find another person with the same problem that I had with a panther so I guess I will put this here.

Basically what happened is that I bought a panther at Walmart and opened it up. I was so glad to stumble upon a panther because I remembered they were only in select stores. I was shocked that the tank was reduced to about the size of a hornet. Also, the line that connects the tank and pump is now changed to black and is much smaller. The tank is not secured to the line in any way and there is only an o-ring creating the seal. Even though all these changes were made, I just slapped a 1/2" pvc coupler on it and reduced the front to accommodate. When I pumped it for the first time, the entire tank assembly came out of the front. I must have cut an important piece off that keeps the tank back on the o-ring. Another problem is that it does not sound like a regular panther. When I cut off the front barrel to attach the coupler, the usual junk came out. I can't remember if there was an air restricter in it. When I keep the tank back and pump, then pull the trigger it sounds like an air restricted panther. So, I'm not sure if they changed the tank's AR or moved it. I'm too lazy to investigate further so it's in the trash.

Long story short, they changed the panther to be lame-o. I'm sure the tank can be changed so it sounds like an old AR removed panther. I'm not sure how performance will be effected because of the smaller tank. Maybe, you guys can figure out what's the deal with the newer version of the panther. You might want to buy up some older versions if they are still made because they might become pretty valuable for they're modding potential. Good thing I already have a few of the older versions in my gun box.

Possibly you experienced the same problem and can talk about it here. Let's get to the bottom of this.

-Shoopy

#331758 DCNF7

Posted by Shoopy on 10 July 2013 - 07:26 PM in Nerf Wars

250 a day Chaos. 250 a day to keep up to me.

Sadly I won't be able to come got a important appointment.

#331743 DCNF7

Posted by Shoopy on 10 July 2013 - 02:55 PM in Nerf Wars

It's starting to look like a war now. Plan on me coming Chaos.

#331619 Tampon Darts (yes it is true)

Posted by Shoopy on 06 July 2013 - 09:40 AM in Darts and Barrels

You might try asking TED, he always seems to be on his period.

Tis the master on female hygiene.

What I think would be the easiest would be to use a super basic homemade, possibly a snapbow. They can be created with limited tools, skill, and money (about $30).

With a homemade such as a snapbow, you can use various barrels easily. With the 1" x 1/2" bushing you can swap various barrels with ease. The thing is, you need to find a piping at your local hardware store that will have a snug fit on your tissue vampires. Then, you have to figure out how to get that pipe to 1/2" pvc. It will take a little bit of messin' around. It will also provide you with the maximum nerfing power.

I don't know how informative this is but maybe it will spark a conversation. And I know you want an actual nerf gun but that might be a tad tricky.

Nerf-o-mania has a easy to follow guide on youtube.

#331617 DCNF7

Posted by Shoopy on 06 July 2013 - 09:13 AM in Nerf Wars

How many people are coming to this Chaos? I don't want to come if its just three people people because we all know how that goes down with you around...

#331589 Wristband Poll

Posted by Shoopy on 05 July 2013 - 07:02 PM in Site Feedback

The sample wristband photo above? The other side says "LGLF".

Awh Phil! You always one up us kids. We are humbled by your glory.

And in a war of clans, PA POWER is always keep in' it swag.

Posted Image

#331575 Wristband Poll

Posted by Shoopy on 04 July 2013 - 06:13 PM in Site Feedback

I like the idea...I'm down for any of those, but would prefer APOC 2013.

Same here. Smart minds think alike Bhajj.

Though, like usual, PA POWER is already one step ahead representing with our own wristbands.

#331414 Apocalypse 2013

Posted by Shoopy on 29 June 2013 - 09:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Let's go. I will be there fo'sho.

Can I request a clan round please. PA POWER representing.

PA POWER: "Is that all ya got LGLF?"
LGLF: "Nope, we have Hero, Koree, and VACC."

#330696 DCNF7

Posted by Shoopy on 09 June 2013 - 07:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Hoping to come Chaos! Let me check if I'm good for it. I promised you I would come to one of these stupid wars, gotta' fulfill sometime.

#330665 [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War, June 15th

Posted by Shoopy on 08 June 2013 - 01:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry, it's a no-go for me.

#330585 [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War, June 15th

Posted by Shoopy on 05 June 2013 - 12:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeh, leave that to my brother!

Fosho. Print out this rule and stick it on your brother's body so he doesn't forget, Brad.

#330324 [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War, June 15th

Posted by Shoopy on 28 May 2013 - 09:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Hoping to come.

#330230 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Shoopy on 24 May 2013 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

She's all done. This is my air compressor powered sceptor. Works beautifully.

So far, I have only taken her up to 50 psi. It takes about 12 seconds to get there and I can fire off about 6 good shoots.

I don't care (if you ate sceptors and air compressor powered blasters... especially combined) I love it.

Posted Image

#330223 South Central PA Nerf War May 25

Posted by Shoopy on 24 May 2013 - 03:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I won't be coming RedShot. I am way under prepared and have to help out with yardwork. School is out in 3.5 days! Let's start planning for the next one!

And finals are done! Let's nerf!

#330222 Electrical Problems

Posted by Shoopy on 24 May 2013 - 03:34 PM in Modifications

Roboman, I think I understand everything you said. In the first attempt, one the button would work to turn it on and when I went to turn it off, the compressor still worked but it was much slower. The second attempt, my wiring just smoked and burned and everything.

OK thanks to everyone who helped!

In the pictures, I made the mistake of drawing the positive and negative wires switched. It actually wasn't like that.

I rewired with the new wire and installed the new switch. Everything works flawlessly.

Thanks for all the help.

#330190 Electrical Problems

Posted by Shoopy on 23 May 2013 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

Just picked this up. I believe that is was my wiring. I WAS using 18 gauge, now I have 14. And the new switch I got says its rated 16 A at 12VDC. Testing now...

Posted Image

#330182 Electrical Problems

Posted by Shoopy on 23 May 2013 - 03:07 PM in Modifications

I currently have the battery connected to the compressor directly with no button. When ever, I connect the plugs, the compressor still work. I'm guessing I didn't do anything terrible to the components yet because they still work.