Greydon's Content

There have been 32 items by Greydon (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#317814 Nerf Elite Retaliator

Posted by Greydon on 01 July 2012 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

Thanks ZORN!

UPDATE!

Ok here are some more pictures that everyone asked me for. First of all a picture of a Recon and the Retaliator internal together.
Posted Image

You can see the differences.

Now it is time for the breeches and boltsleds. The Boltsleds are the same, but the breeches are different. Top is the Retaliator and the Bottom is the Recon.
Posted Image

Small = better here. Usually we hear bigger is better.

I was asked if it was like the nitefinder. Well here are two pictures the top one is the Nitefinder and the bottom is the Retaliator. These are the plunger tubes.
Posted Image

The Retaliator is a little shorter. Seems to be a decent seal. too. In order to get the Plunger rod out, you have to boil it or cut it at the orange piece at the end.

Next up is the NF and Retaliator Plunger rods. The retaliator is a bit shorter length wise, but they are about the same size for the rest of the rod. I didn't do a caliper measurement because I don't have one. I did use a ruler though and they are the same.
Posted Image

Next up is the Catch mech. The white one is the Retaliator and the orange one is the recon. I did two pictures. The first one is the side by side, and the next one is the laying over shot. You can see the differences better.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Next Up is the Spring. The right is the stock retaliator, and the left is a stock NF spring.
Posted Image

RANGE TEST WITH STOCK INTERNAL MINUS AR COMING SOON. GOING TO TEST ALL THE STREAMLINES.

#317752 Nerf Elite Retaliator

Posted by Greydon on 29 June 2012 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

I thought this wasn't going to be out for months. The TRU website doesn't even have it listed. Maybe your local TRU just screwed up royally and put it on shelves early?
Edit: The trailer says it is set for release on 9.9.12 so your TRU must have really dropped the ball on this one.

Maybe...I am stoked though. I may get the rampage tomorrow. Then I will be good.

#317747 Nerf Modifications Directory

Posted by Greydon on 29 June 2012 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

You can add this too, thanks!

Nerf Elite: Retaliator

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=22756

#317746 Nerf Elite Retaliator

Posted by Greydon on 29 June 2012 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

Cool! I have been waiting for these things to come out since I frst saw them. (I will most definitly have to check my local TRU) Do you have any of the elite darts? If so, could you post a few pics, I'd really like to see how the're different than normal streamlines.

I got 12 with the blaster.

They have a softer dark blue foam, and a harder streamline tip.

#317742 Nerf Elite Retaliator

Posted by Greydon on 29 June 2012 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

I believe you are the first to mod an elite blaster, kudos! How wide is the pt by the way? is more or less than the nf?

Ok I will take pictures tomorrow it will be easier to tell you that way. They will be posted in the first thread.

#317738 Nerf Elite Retaliator

Posted by Greydon on 29 June 2012 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

I expect that the idea was to go the reverse direction and install those internals within a recon shell.

If that was the case then yeah you could do it that way. However they are smaller so be prepared to do some modifications to hold it there. Will take a picture tomorrow of it with a recon.

#317734 Nerf Elite Retaliator

Posted by Greydon on 29 June 2012 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

No! I say this being a fan of the recon. The hole in the back of the shell going into the stock attachment, is smaller. The breech is smaller and there is a small piece of white plastic that would stop the recon internals.

I don't know why you would want to swap them out? But due to being smaller, I would say it would take some internal modifications to fit the recon internals.

#317726 The Official Internals Directory

Posted by Greydon on 29 June 2012 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

NERF ELITE: RETALIATOR INTERNALS

Posted Image

#317725 Nerf Elite Retaliator

Posted by Greydon on 29 June 2012 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

I bought this at my Toys R Us TODAY!!!

#317723 Nerf Elite Retaliator

Posted by Greydon on 29 June 2012 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

Hey guys this is my first mod writeup. This IS what the write up is about.

PHASE ONE: AR REMOVAL!
Posted Image

The Nerf Elite Retaliator. Here is another Blaster Pic.

Posted Image

The Accessories
Posted Image

The Clip of 12 Awesome points!
Posted Image

The Internals
Posted Image

First, off this is a direct plunger system meaning that white piece you see, is the plunger tube. The orange piece sticking out of it is the Plunger rod. Look at the pic you will see that the breech is also located within the plunger. Kind of weird at first. Those two white pieces at the bottom are the locks.

This write up is just the simple AR removal, and locks. This is just like the recon but smaller breech and a different set up. Going from reverse plunger to direct is a little weird. The Spring not seen in the picture rests on the orange PR. IT is weak, but we will get to that. First you need to remove the PT and breech set up. It is easy it slides out.

First we are going to look at that pesky AR/peg. There it is see it? Sorry for the pic. I couldn't get it at the right spot.
Posted Image

"How do I remove it?" Asks the kid in the back row.

"Simple", I say. "However you need to know that thing moves the length of the breech shaft and there is no way to grab it unless you have a longer set of needle nose. So what I did, is that I took a screwdriver and hammer and removed the peg by nailing it. (A laugh chuckles from the class. Mr. Greydon looks sternly at them.) Once you do that you will notice that the three prong AR piece is still there. I didn't have long enough needle nose pliers to get them out so I kept it in there. But look at it it creates a small hole.

Posted Image

That could be used for a better air flow. I kept it in there, because of my situation with the needle nose pliers. But class that is the simple AR Removal. I will get better Needle nose pliers and get that thing out of there. But here is the first write up of an Elite blaster. Hope you like. No! I didn't do a range test it is too hot here to try one. So don't ask.

PHASE 2: SPRING REPLACEMENT! COMING SOON!

#317207 NJW8 - The APOC pregame

Posted by Greydon on 19 June 2012 - 09:31 PM in Nerf Wars

2 wars in back to back weekends won't happen for me. So...I will be going to this one. Count me in!

Work Schedule has me working this weekend AFTER I requested it off. AHHHH! I will try to be @ 8.5.

#317206 Apoc 2012 Dart Restrictions

Posted by Greydon on 19 June 2012 - 09:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Does length of stefans matter? or if I follow the rules pisted in making them I can go 1.25" instead of 1.5"

#316696 Apoc 2012 Dart Restrictions

Posted by Greydon on 07 June 2012 - 09:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a question. If I can go I plan on using stock foam with #6 washers and felt tips in them. What is the weight restrictions on them with adhesives added to the mix?

#316601 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by Greydon on 06 June 2012 - 09:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe for APOC! I have saved the date on my calendar, I get back from working at a summer camp that Friday. So I might be good to go on Saturday!

#312130 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by Greydon on 29 February 2012 - 04:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Looked like fun. If it wasn't on a Sunday I would have went. Any word yet on Grid Code 2?

#311539 NJNO4

Posted by Greydon on 20 February 2012 - 04:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry was reading both posts and posted in the wrong one.

#311536 NJNO4

Posted by Greydon on 20 February 2012 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounded like it was loads of fun. I wish I could have went. But Alaa, it was on a Sunday and Sundays are not good for me to war.

#311225 P.W.N>U ~ PA War Nerfers Unite!

Posted by Greydon on 14 February 2012 - 10:43 PM in Nerf Wars

the 26th is a Monday. You do know that right?

#310903 Avatars in the next version of IPB

Posted by Greydon on 08 February 2012 - 11:34 AM in Site Feedback

So Langley let me get this straight. They are changing the complete software package? Or, is it more of a skin option for the boards as a whole? If it is the latter, we just need to choose the skin we want. If it is the former, then hopefully we will not have the timeline. That thing sucks!

#310241 Nerf Wargames for Kids

Posted by Greydon on 27 January 2012 - 09:36 PM in General Nerf

I just had a war with the kids I work with. They all prefer the free for all modes, Zombies or Capture the Flag. Well as I said these are the kids I work with. It could very from place to place. But as long as they get out of the house, and away from the TV and video games anything is good.

Also depending on the age group the simpler the style of game, the more fun they will have.

#308859 Nerf or Buzzbee?

Posted by Greydon on 28 December 2011 - 10:39 PM in General Nerf

I see where you are coming from Eraser. I have never owned one, but have felt the plastic. So I based it off of that. Looks as if I might have to buy one just to see how it is.

#308854 Nerf or Buzzbee?

Posted by Greydon on 28 December 2011 - 09:44 PM in General Nerf

There is an old saying: You get what you pay for. That is what you get with Nerf. There is a reason the have been around for years.

I don't own any Buzz Bee stuff for me it is just I trust the nerf products. They are more durable in materials used.

#308822 Simple CPVC Tek-3 Micro Turret With Vacuum Loading

Posted by Greydon on 27 December 2011 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

All I have to say, is that this is cool. It takes a single shot pocket rocket and gives it RoF. Albeit this was writen up in a different way, but that is the thing about modifications. Take something done one way and make it slightly different. I like it.

This way, I find it may be easier to integrate. I could be wrong.

#308711 Nano Jolt - Inline Mod

Posted by Greydon on 24 December 2011 - 10:16 PM in Modifications

Very cool. I like Jolts and integrate them into just about anything. I did this too, but with slightly different way, and it works. Way to go. I call mine the boom stick. I will do a write up for it here soon. Well, as soon as I can find my pictures.

#308694 X-Shot Stealth OverHaul

Posted by Greydon on 24 December 2011 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

Good job man. I think this is very interesting, especially with a water tank too. I really like that part. That not only could it shoot darts but also water. Score...well except on cold days.

#308123 Photon Storm Review

Posted by Greydon on 08 December 2011 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

Can the stock in the back be removed? It looks a lot better then the recon's.

#308053 PAS - Speed Modding Challenge!

Posted by Greydon on 05 December 2011 - 01:49 PM in Modifications

I know this is a few months old...But All I have to say is that as a first time modder, I found this rather helpful. I found one at a garage sale the other day...a little roughed up in the outside. I saw this and decided to give it a go...and I liked it. What about using a RSCB or a hopper with this simple mod? or do I need to add a coupler to use those?

#307495 Lanard Blast Bazooka :First Mod

Posted by Greydon on 18 November 2011 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

I heartily recommend trying to make your own wyes. I made one, and while it was a bit of work, it was worth it. You just need to think about how the darts are moving, and what plastic might be in the way, and hold the two halves together, and do lots of pre-glueing feeding tests.

You may want to check out DMK hoppers on NerfRev, they require CPVC fittings, but they do the same thing as regular wyes.

I would also think about electrical conduit curves. Jerm made a wye from a 45 degree conduit curve a while back.

I contacted him so I knew where he got the idea from and found out where it was. I went to my local ACE hardware and found all the parts I needed for a lot cheaper than Home Depot. This is my current hopper, until I get my wyes and clear tubing. The top pvc pipe...is 7 inches long. It is very air tight, and I get a little pop when the dart comes out. I a pleased with it.

Posted Image

It Works! i made a few stefans to see how it would work. It is smooth. I like how it works. This maybe a permanent hopper too. Now all I have to do is cut part of the gun casing so that the ball valve can stick out of the gun. Then I can actually use the hopper.

#307432 Lanard Blast Bazooka :First Mod

Posted by Greydon on 16 November 2011 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

thanks Blue.

Cutting the front part is quick and easy. If you don't want to make it permanently hoppered, easy enough! Just PVC coupler it, and connect the wye to the coupler when you want to use it. Or you can just make a plug piece for the wye instead of the clip. You can also maintain the look of the gun, just make a hole in the shell for the clip to pop out of. And if you want to still use the orange barrel, cut it off the tank at the seam and wrap blue tape around the base until it fits snug in the coupler. I've found that other tapes have too much friction or unravel over time.

I want to get rid of the orange barrel completely with the hopper replacement.

Maybe still be able to use the stock dimensions of the shell to house the barrel from the wye. I mean by replacing the orange barrel with a smaller PVC one coming from the front hole. (See Picture #2) By using the holder, the orange barrel is in, on the gun. I plan on running the coupler through there. Then from there connect the hopper.

Wye's (1/2", the ones we use) are only available online through distributors or sellers here. Don't bother looking around your hardware store, or even a specialty plumbing store, because they will not have them. You can also try making your own wye.

Would buying a Tee..and then a 1/2" cpvc or pvc 45 degree elbow work? 45 degree fitting

What I am getting at here is cutting them to make a wye if I had too. would that be possible?

#307428 Lanard Blast Bazooka :First Mod

Posted by Greydon on 16 November 2011 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

Hello all,

I am new to the whole modding thing. Granted for years I have been removing air restrictors. That has been the extent of my modding until now, and I want your help. I want to start going to wars and want to mod one of my guns to be a gun I will use for the said war. That is why I am doing this.

The project: MY Lanard Blast Bazooka
Posted Image

Below are some pictures. What I am wanting to do is make it a single shot..which when moving the restiritor like I did makes it one. Shoots all Nerf darts and the couple Air zone darts I do have.
Posted Image

I sanded down that gray piece as well so that it was just flush with the orange. I didn't want to damage the orange piece, just in case I wanted to or needed to save it.
Posted Image

Now...This is work in progress I will update as I go. I have measured the distance traveled, but currently don't have it in front of me. I will post that when I get home. What I would like to do to this is make a hopper for it to in crease RoF. I have read the other mods about this, but I don;t want to cut the frame of the gun. Because in my opinion the design is cool, and I would like to keep it. Now should I mark out the hopper from the end of the orange barrel, where the dart would go? Rather should I cut it here? (The spot where the tank meets the orange barrel.)
Posted Image

To add the hopper, If it was at the blue tank. All it would take would be some trimming around this part, and cut off part of the top of the gun.
Posted Image

I have seen other peoples mods and received very different ways of modding it.

I just want to know which would be the best way to do it?

My other, and possibly final question for right now is where do I get the PVC "Y" hookup?

As of tomorrow afternoon I am off of work for a week. I can actually sit down and do this, and will update with pictures as I do.

#306932 NE PA War?

Posted by Greydon on 04 November 2011 - 07:35 AM in Nerf Wars

I am up near the Scranton area. so Northeast PA. Looked it up I am about 2 hours away. So....Count me in as a maybe.

#306916 NE PA War?

Posted by Greydon on 04 November 2011 - 12:00 AM in Nerf Wars

I was wondering if anyone new if there is a war on the eastern side of PA. I saw the one for Pittsburgh, but for someone on the other side of the state is a little hard to get there. So I was wondering if there was anyone on the east coast of Pa interested, or know of a war happening around there.