hamoidar's Content

There have been 335 items by hamoidar (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#342004 Elite Suction Dart Prob

Posted by hamoidar on 17 September 2014 - 11:42 AM in Darts and Barrels

You can also remove the black plastic ramps leading up to the flywheels. They are located in the flywheel casing, right at the dart entrance. I did this earlier today, and it helped with jamming.

#341986 Elite Suction Dart Prob

Posted by hamoidar on 16 September 2014 - 08:45 PM in Darts and Barrels

Make sure that the flywheels are fully revved up before you try firing the darts. That will probably help. I got the 2 in 1 a few days ago, and it does have a tendency to jam...which I partly fixed by removing that pesky rubber dart-cleaner in front of the flywheels.

#341934 Full Auto Barricade

Posted by hamoidar on 15 September 2014 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

Nice mod...My mod

Barricade mod

#334785 Airsoft to Nerf?

Posted by hamoidar on 14 October 2013 - 02:53 PM in Off Topic

The diameter tolerances are listed as ±0.020", about a tenth of the entire diameter of the foam. I'm not convinced that those tolerances are tight enough for a consistent fit in the barrel. And besides, how are you going to weight these darts? Put a little airsoft pellet on the tip? Then why not just shoot airsoft pellets?

I plan on running the foam thru a section of heated airsoft barrel, as the foam is heated it shrinks to exactly the diameter of the barrel.
The darts will be weighted with 1/16" steel balls from McMaster, and the foam will be melted into a dome over the steel balls.

The point of this gun is to have a really cool, SAFE, replica revolver that can be used at an indoor Nerf war.

#334771 Airsoft to Nerf?

Posted by hamoidar on 14 October 2013 - 12:39 AM in Off Topic

Is it just me, or are neither of the links working?

As far as Airsoft to Nerf conversions, I'm sure it's possible.

But for $50 you can make some wicked homemade internals that would most likely perform much better than the airsoft gun.

I've seen a few Paintball to Nerf conversions, but never an Airsoft one. You should undertake this project, if for nothing more than knowledge gained.

What you say is true, however, I would build this for the sake of aesthetics.

Airsoft guns are about an order of magnitude less powerful than a homemade nerf gun - pellets are about a 1/10th of the weight of nerf darts, and are propelled to about the same velocities as high-end homemade nerf blasters (about 300fps). Beyond that, the power systems are optimized around a projectile with 1/5th the cross-sectional area of a standard dart. Add the high price of even inexpensive airsoft guns, and you have yourself some hilariously cost-inefficient blasters. Maybe you'll do well against the Super Soaker conversion blasters.

Well, you wouldn't be firing standard darts, instead you would load the gun with mini darts made from the 1/4" foam from Mcmaster. Therefore, the darts would only weigh 3 or 4 times as much as an airsoft pellet, allowing the gun to fire them with relatively adequate power. Again the main purpose of this conversion would be for the "cool" factor.

#334767 Airsoft to Nerf?

Posted by hamoidar on 13 October 2013 - 10:21 PM in Off Topic

It's been a while.

Here goes.
I realize that airsoft is typically repulsed here at nerfhaven, but perhaps these unfortunate faux firearms can be redeemed.
What if one was to take this:
EBAY

And instead of firing 6mm rounds from this gun, one could make mini slugs/stefans from this:

6322K12

I also realize that this is a speculation thread, however, I would like to get some opinions from other members before I spend $50 on an airsoft pistol.
Has anyone done this?
Do you think it could work?

#334165 Trading Forum Glitch?

Posted by hamoidar on 20 September 2013 - 01:19 PM in Site Feedback

I just wanted to let you guys know that people who are not signed in/non-members can view the featured sales thread.

#329906 vortex disc mod

Posted by hamoidar on 16 May 2013 - 09:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

Nerf discs are actually quite stable in flight, even at higher velocities. Instead of modding the dsics, why not mod the gun that fires them?
I have found that with some modding of the disc blaster, higher ranges, accuracy, and speed can be achieved.

Here are a few helpful threads:
http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=21586' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>mod guide
http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=21743' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>magazine mod

#329905 The Roughcut 2 to 1

Posted by hamoidar on 16 May 2013 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

First of all, I really think this is a good idea! However, I can see a few problems.

1. The plungers do not fire at the same time, therefor, the first plunger that fires will have more effect on the dart than the second. This will decrease range but only slightly.
2. I wish the barrel was centered with the gun, as I like to sight along the tactical rail. Of course, this is a matter of personal preferance.
3. Not a problem: I think that using two smaller plungers to fire a dart at the same range as one large plunger is a great idea! why? Because, two small plungers might be able to fit into a shell/cavity that a large one would not.

Overall a very good job!

#327907 How has everyone been? who's still around?

Posted by hamoidar on 11 March 2013 - 09:16 PM in Off Topic

I'm still around.

Y'ALL EDWARDS
FRAUD EDWARDS
THAT'S THE SCRT I DON'T LIKE

#327565 The "Do-Not"s of Off-Topic

Posted by hamoidar on 03 March 2013 - 07:16 PM in Off Topic

How can I delete my account.

Contact a forum admin, (langley, Doom) and ask them to delete your account. Or, post "ban me" on langley's profile!

I'm going to change your name to Son Of Mr Hands, real talk.

Hamoidar: What?

#327022 NDA Exclusive - Nerf Gatling foam-ball blaster

Posted by hamoidar on 19 February 2013 - 01:49 PM in General Nerf

What I don't like about balls is my same argument with discs, they suffer when it comes to accuracy and precision. If this blaster or new line if ball shioters boasts some new range, will that range be effective? Or will it be useless because of accuracy issues?

Discs are more accurate than darts can ever hope to be.

#325704 NerfHaven Site Lag?

Posted by hamoidar on 24 January 2013 - 12:02 PM in Off Topic

My internet signal is always very weak, but my lag isn't that bad. Maybe it is just your internet connection. It takes maybe 30 seconds to load a page in the mods/homemades pictures thread. It takes like 5 seconds to load a thread like this. Sometimes though it takes a while to load, but that is not often.

30 seconds? That's crazy.

Although I don't have to wait 30 seconds, my site browsing has slowed down considerably since the server migration.

#325605 New Elite Blaster Whereabouts

Posted by hamoidar on 22 January 2013 - 11:56 AM in General Nerf

One of my friends at my war got the triad at TRU. Of course, he worked there, and found an out-of-box one just laying in the stock room. I guess that means their in the US, although I'm not exactly sure where.

#325535 FAR help

Posted by hamoidar on 20 January 2013 - 09:54 PM in Homemades

Okay, I also have built a FAR, and know a thing or two about them.

1. Are you using stock nerf darts?
2. If the answer to #1 is yes then there is your problem, as the heads of the darts will cause friction in the brass barrel. Therefore, preventing high velocities.
3. Is your plunger head to plunger tube seal good?
4. Is the shell to bolt seal good?
5. Is the shell to barrel seal good?

If you are not using stock darts then your problem is probably a seal. I had to remake the bolt/ejector 4 times before I got it to work!
Feel free to PM me!

Good luck!

Hamoidar

#325450 Featured sales threads?

Posted by hamoidar on 18 January 2013 - 06:11 PM in Site Feedback

I have been wondering (as I'm sure many others have) what the "Featured Sales Threads" subforum is for?
It has been around for a few months, and not a single thing has been posted there.

Thanks,

Hamholder

#325329 AT3K help

Posted by hamoidar on 15 January 2013 - 11:17 AM in Modifications

Did you mix the epoxy enough?
In my experience, JB weld is not good for tubing because it is rigid, and the tubing flexes, causing the JB to crack.
Most epoxy types take at least 24 hours to cure.
I would really recommend using super glue. It will hold the tubing like no tomorrow.

Good luck!

#325159 Titan homemade

Posted by hamoidar on 08 January 2013 - 08:26 PM in Homemades

The filter is there to help stop people from backseat moderating. If you see something wrong with a post just report it...simple.

#325149 My Nerf Dart Tag Sharp Shot Modification Guide

Posted by hamoidar on 08 January 2013 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

Those pegs on the side of the plunger rod fit into the shell to hold it in so it won't move around so cutting those off and putting the coupler down deeper seems to me like it wouldn't make the gun shoot any better.

Since air is compressible, the less "dead space" or un-used space the better. When The plunger is released, the air in the barrel/plunger tube is compressed behind the dart until the pressure is enough to overcome the static friction holding said dart. When you have a large amount of dead space, the air ends up compressing instead of firing the dart with as much force.

#325090 Fix for Elite dart jams in Longshots

Posted by hamoidar on 05 January 2013 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

Nice Idea! Does the range decrease after doing this fix?

The reason I ask is because it seems that this mod would decrease the launch tube's grip on the dart. And that would not allow as much pressure to build up behind the dart before firing, which might adversely affect the range.

#325078 Lost Firefly Screws

Posted by hamoidar on 05 January 2013 - 01:11 PM in Modifications

Take the screws you do have to Lowes, and find some that are the same. You could also measure them, and order some from mcmaster which have the same dimensions.

#324999 Blaster Patents

Posted by hamoidar on 02 January 2013 - 04:35 PM in General Nerf

This is crazy cool!
How did you find these?
Awesome.

Mully

Try this: GOOGLE

On topic: This is really cool! I wonder what happened to that 50 round drum mag?

#324974 through bolt cocking handle removal

Posted by hamoidar on 31 December 2012 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Once you have removed the handle once, you may have a problem with it falling off at inopportune times. Here is a quick fix: Priming handle fix

#324965 Happy Holidays!

Posted by hamoidar on 31 December 2012 - 05:07 PM in Off Topic

Just bought a Roughcut and a double vendetta sword, as well as some elite darts with my christmas money.

#324914 Dremel Recommendations

Posted by hamoidar on 30 December 2012 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

Get the 300 series. It is a good tool for a good price. I would also recommend some zip-bits, as they are capable of very fast cuts.(albeit, a little messy)

#324904 Separating the Strongarm Turret

Posted by hamoidar on 29 December 2012 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

The gun gets 75ft ranges stock. Removing the dart post/grate will not increase range. Instead, try removing the AR.

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't see where you said you were doing a barrel replacement. This is what happens when you stay up til 3am.

#324903 Latex Tubing Blaster

Posted by hamoidar on 29 December 2012 - 09:11 PM in Homemades

Just wanted to note that it's the same as the 2nd bullPAC and also the rubber band blaster, but not so much the 1st bullPAC, whose catch was somewhat similar to Atomatrons lever catch (ERTL?), and whose rod seal was merely "drill a hole of about the right size". Scroll down in that thread to see a picture of the 2nd bullPAC, as well as the rubber band blaster in assembled and disassembled state. Or just look down here to see a picture and diagram of the handle/catch as applied to the rubber band blaster:
Snip: image

The catch spring was rubber-band kludged here, and the housing block didn't come about until the 3rd bullPAC, of which only the handle was ever posted in the picture thread. As per usual, I didn't actually plan it out in advance so the catchspring housing just ended up taped on and looks much worse than Ryan's slick sandwich housing.

Might I suggest you take a peek at this: http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=23365' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Crossbow The catch I used in the crossbow is only one piece, and is capable of holding a 30lb draw longbow.

EDIT: all credit for the catch goes to Meaker IV.

#324900 Nerf Hailfire – Clip Reliability, Easier Reloading and Voltage Increas

Posted by hamoidar on 29 December 2012 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

Quote: 16v: 15-32m, most within 19-23m....BURN baby BURN

In all seriousness though, this is a nice set of mods! I'm not really a big proponent of extending the range of the elite blasters, as it is already quite good, but the other two mods are quite useful (to me, that is).
A few questions:

1. Does removing the "wings" above the clip holder detract from the structural integrity of the gun?

2. What are you going to do when you hit one of the clips against something and the locked clutch causes massive internal damage?

Good job, nice write-up!

#324744 Happy Holidays!

Posted by hamoidar on 25 December 2012 - 09:02 PM in Off Topic

Merry Christmas all. I got a Pyragon and a Praxis, +40 extra discs!!!!!!!! :D

#324702 Rough Cut AR/peg removal

Posted by hamoidar on 23 December 2012 - 08:59 PM in Modifications

Has anybody just twisted out the pegs with pliers? I really don't want to open it up until I get a second to do a full re-barrel. I have a war next week and just want to be able to shoot streamlines.

Just try it and see. If it doesn’t work you can just use mysterio’s method.

#324579 Simple S.S. AS-1 mod

Posted by hamoidar on 18 December 2012 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

Good job!
One note: You may want to think about resizing your pics, as I'm having a hard time seeing what's in them. (maybe is just my eyes :P)

#324578 Rough Cut AR/peg removal

Posted by hamoidar on 18 December 2012 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

So if all you're doing here is removing the pegs, why not just twist them off with needle-nose pliers? What's the benefit of also taking out the plate that they are attached to?

By removing the plates you allow for a bit more airflow.

#324244 power stocks for direct plungers?

Posted by hamoidar on 08 December 2012 - 12:14 PM in Modifications

That sounds like a pretty good idea! The only thing I would do diferent is to use an adhesive other than hot glue for the washers. Hot glue will not hold up to the repeated shock and stresses of holding on the spring rest.

#323883 Direct Propulsion Crossbow

Posted by hamoidar on 24 November 2012 - 12:39 PM in Homemades

I'm afraid that I will not have the range data for another few days. : ( I was trying to increase the draw on the bow and ended up cracking it in half. I tried using my longbow, but it just smashed the darts. I'm going to Lowes soon, and will pick up some CPVC.

#323869 Ballzooka seal improvements

Posted by hamoidar on 23 November 2012 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

Nice job! I like how simple it is. How are the ranges after the mod, compared to the original ones? Now, if only I had one of these!

#323778 Direct Propulsion Crossbow

Posted by hamoidar on 20 November 2012 - 08:02 PM in Homemades

I could see how that'd be an issue - unless you can sand the inside of the slots, they'll have burrs that stick out. I was planning on building a square barrel, as you've done previously, which would alleviate that particular issue.

Since the PVC is flexible, you can widen the slot enough to get sand paper/Dremal in there to sand the burs down. A square barrel may help with friction (somewhat), but I can say that with the PVC one, the ranges are around 70ft flat. (conservative estimate)

#323772 Direct Propulsion Crossbow

Posted by hamoidar on 20 November 2012 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

Since your "barrel" has slots cut for the bow string, your dart is going to encounter disastrous energy losses that make this mechanism much less efficient than a pneumatic.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say that the slots make the bow inefficient. Do you mean that the dart gets stuck/creats friction along the slots?

#323755 Direct Propulsion Crossbow

Posted by hamoidar on 20 November 2012 - 10:15 AM in Homemades

What kind of wood did you use as the bow?

A branch from a Crepe Myrtle.

#323746 Direct Propulsion Crossbow

Posted by hamoidar on 19 November 2012 - 09:42 PM in Homemades

Again, all credit for the catch design goes to Meaker IV.

Also, I decided to go green, and used a bow drill for all the holes.

This blaster is a continuation of my direct propulsion series, which started with the cardboard pistol, and the DP pistol. I don’t really think that I can call this a gun, as it is quite literally, a crossbow. Now don’t you wish your middle name is Archer? (like mine)

I made this bow solely for testing the range capabilities of direct propulsion blasters.
Being a prototype, this bow is neither pretty nor clean, and I don’t really care. : )

PARTS:
½” PVC
½” thick cutting board
1/8” thick Polycarbonate
A few random screws
A small spring
A bow*
Electrical tape
Kite string

*I made the bow out of a straight branch found on a tree in my backyard. You could use ½”CPVC, if you are totally lame. Let your inner caveman shine, and use real wood!

TOOLS:
Screw drivers
Drill + bits
Dremal + bits
Branch clippers
Band saw or scroll saw (you could use a hand saw…I guess)

Time to start. (Note: Before you cut, make sure your PVC is not bowed...)

First, cut a 16” long section of your ½” PVC:
Posted Image

Now, cut a 1/8” wide slot on either side, leaving about an inch of PVC at each end:
(I would say that cut is straight as an arrow…)
Posted Image

Drill a 3/8” hole on one end, perpendicular to the slots:
Posted Image

On the other side, drill a tiny hole (1/8”), and cut a ½” by 1 ½” slot:
Posted Image

The holes should line up:
Posted Image

Next, make two of these: (MAKE SURE TO DRILL ALL THE HOLES PICTURED)
Posted Image

They need to be opposed to each other, like this:
Posted Image

Cut a ½” by 1/2” by ¼” piece of cutting board:
Posted Image

Bevel the top:
Posted Image

Drill a hole through the side:
Posted Image

Stick a nail through the piece pictured:
Posted Image

Add the cutting board chunk that you just made:
Posted Image

Make the catch:
Posted Image

A better picture:
Posted Image

You need to have a pole in the catch that sticks out 1/8” on both sides:
Posted Image

Attach the catch to the piece which has the cutting board chunk on it, as pictured:
Posted Image

Make the handle:
Posted Image

Tape on a spring like the one in the picture:
Posted Image

Now, screw the catch/cutting board chunk/side plate onto the handle:
Posted Image

The spring should line up with the notches in the trigger:
Posted Image

Make this:
Posted Image

Screw it to the handle:
Posted Image

Attach the second side plate:
Posted Image

Drill a hole in the handle:
Posted Image

Screw the handle/catch to the pipe:
Posted Image

Add a small bow and you’re done!!!
Posted Image

Here it is cocked:
Posted Image

Close-up of the catch/string:
Posted Image

I am currently working on testing the ranges with different darts, and bow tensions.
I should have the data finished by Friday.

#323678 Direct Propulsion Pistol

Posted by hamoidar on 17 November 2012 - 06:00 PM in Homemades

In order to stop the dart pusher from flying into the front and damaging it, couldnt you have the opening at the back of the blaster instead of the front? you would still need to reinforce both sides, but the dart pusher would be hitting a solid part of the original material, instead of something cut and glued together.

It's really just a problem with the size of the dart pusher. When you have more than two rubber bands, one or two will come off of one side when you fire the gun. The o-ring pieces keep the dart pusher from damaging the gun body.