Pebbles's Content

There have been 16 items by Pebbles (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#215027 At2k Question

Posted by Pebbles on 25 February 2009 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

I've got a couplered 2K turret on my BBB, and I loose only about 5 feet of range versus a singled BBB.

The range of a quadded 2K may be more than 20 feet less than a singled, and it takes longer to reload after all four shots.

#197982 "the Professional" By Airzone

Posted by Pebbles on 22 December 2008 - 10:44 AM in Modifications

I just found one of these at big lots. Stock, it gets about the same range as a stock 2k, and only holds air half the time you pump it. It seems to leak air out the pump as you pump. I'm working on modding it now.

The copyright date on its box is "2008", so they're still being made.

Thanks for the mod, Frost!

#170526 New Nerf Games On Kotaku

Posted by Pebbles on 19 August 2008 - 06:19 AM in General Nerf

The ammo belt looks like it fires megas at least. There could be room in there for jumbo or larger sized darts!

Mongo'd Vulcan, anybody?

#170347 Bsa

Posted by Pebbles on 18 August 2008 - 03:59 PM in Off Topic

I'm a star right now, after a few weeks of Physical Fitness I'll have life.

8 out of SANA's 10 members are members of Troop 941.

#170307 Longshot Restrictor Removal

Posted by Pebbles on 18 August 2008 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

A friend did something very similar on his longshot. If you don't glue it shut and it misfires, the back part will go above the front part and jam the gun. If you have a stronger spring, it may break something.

#169920 Nerf Arena Blast... And Beyond?

Posted by Pebbles on 17 August 2008 - 07:53 AM in General Nerf

If we change how fast the darts fly or other parts of the game wouldn't we need to update the AI?

On a different note, part of the fun NaB has for me is that I can do things I can't do in real life. So if we do a remake, would it still have the special fire modes for the guns?

And the reload time: do we change it to be more realistic or keep it the way it is?

#169916 Big Blast Or Big Salvo?

Posted by Pebbles on 17 August 2008 - 07:25 AM in General Nerf

I'm going to disagree with the majority of the people in this topic. I like the Big Salvo, because it can get (reportedly) 125+ foot ranges. I have been trying to find one locally for years, and I had the pleasure to use one in an all-stock war. It out-ranged NF's, BBB's, a Titan, Single and Ten Teks, etc, stock. It's also one of the most accurate stock guns I've ever seen. Besides the durability problem, it seems to outperform even the Big Blast.

#162522 Are All Pistols Created Equal?

Posted by Pebbles on 12 July 2008 - 02:44 PM in General Nerf

The TTG pistol and Disk Shot is also more prone to malfunctions and breakage, I've had two of both and all were funky. Out of 8 NF's modded, and a crossfire, I've never had any problems. Another gun to consider is the BuzzBee Single Tech and Lite Tech, both of which can get good ranges, better than a crossfire, but not as much as a NF.

#162358 Ever Nerfed On Your Birthday?

Posted by Pebbles on 11 July 2008 - 08:47 AM in Nerf Wars

11th birthday, made some blowguns and some cheap matchstick darts. That was when I only had a stock Mav and a banded, AR'ed NF. Awesome war. We just shot each other, no hits.

12'th birthday. I used every gun I had, even my brand-new reactor and FF. The reactor was the best gun, thanks to our style of play.

13'th birthday: Didn't actually have a party, thanks to parental delays. To make up for it, I got SANA GENESIS, a ten-person war with some reasonably modified guns and stefans. Awesome.

#162045 What Nerf Guns Would You Want Re-released?

Posted by Pebbles on 09 July 2008 - 12:35 AM in General Nerf

I do not believe that Hasbro owned the Nerf brand when the Crossbow was in production, therefore Hasbro may not have the molds and plans, which makes a re-release highly improbable. However, a gun with many of the same assets of the Crossbow, I.E. a long-range springer with simple innards and good looks, could easily be released. I personally would not want re-releases of old guns, because their flaws would still be present. However, re-designs of older guns, like the PowerClip/MagStrike conversion, are very nice. Right now, I'm hoping for a cranked belt gun, a volley pistol, and a good air pistol.

Now, if we did get a "Collector's Classics" line of guns, I'd like to see the Sawtooth, BnA, Ratchetblast, and Hiddenshot, because I think there's some untapped potential in those guns.

#158370 Big Bad Easy

Posted by Pebbles on 07 June 2008 - 09:09 PM in Modifications

Mine used hot glue to hold the adapter together, but the coupler can grip the BBB's barrel with friction. Hot glue does produce a better seal than friction.

#158362 Big Bad Easy

Posted by Pebbles on 07 June 2008 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

I never said he had to, just that I wouldn't mind if he did.

Back on topic: one reason to use the Big Bad Easy Adapter is that it's easily removable, and will allow you to shoot arrows again with stock (plenty, in this case) power while allowing you to use darts when needed. This is not possible with many barrel mods, although there are some exceptions. This is also a very good mod if you can't open your BBB, or if you don't/can't use hot glue or a saw.

#158358 Big Bad Easy

Posted by Pebbles on 07 June 2008 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

You had a good idea, and from the responses, it works. This situation is like having an independent company verify your claims: it probably means they're good.

I wouldn't mind a little "pebbles had a similar idea on his site" edit on the first page, though.

#158353 Big Bad Easy

Posted by Pebbles on 07 June 2008 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Look Here!

I've had this on my site for at least two months. Mine actually got 60 feet easily, with stefans. However, I have now moved on, and done a full BBB mod to my bow.

I don't say that you copied my idea intentionally, but I'm pretty sure I did mine first.

Pebbles

#157783 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by Pebbles on 02 June 2008 - 01:38 PM in Modifications

While looking at a friend's Longshot, I noticed that the catch plate seems a bit fragile. Do they break or need reenforcement?
Thanks.

Edit: Question answered.

#157652 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Pebbles on 01 June 2008 - 08:50 AM in Modifications

A couple of my mods. None of them are anything new, except my half-coupler NF.

Posted Image
A closeup on a different half-coupler.

Posted Image
Reactor's paintjob.

Posted Image
Lite Tek (buzzbee) "turreted" with part of an old Mav's turret.

Posted Image
Closeup on my painted NF. Just CPVC barrel, no coupler.

Posted Image
The Nerf logo, same gun.

Posted Image
Full view, same gun. It was inspired by the "battle damage" paintjobs here.

Posted Image
BBB, with duct tape holder for extra Mav turret.

Posted Image
BnA, painted and coupler modded for a friend.

Posted Image
Closeup on the Nerf logo. There's crackle all over the gun, I was a little excited with clearcoat.

Posted Image
Crossfire, with a partial new barrel.

Posted Image
Overall pic on that BnA.

Posted Image
My arrowstrike. With a long barrel, not shown, it can get 40 feet.

Posted Image
TTG paintjob for a friend. Krylon Fusion Blue with some white paint accents, and a mist of white on top.

Posted Image
Same paintjob.

Posted Image
My singled reactor. CPVC barrel, AR removed, lubed, painted as shown above.

Pebbles