- → hoongfu's Content
There have been 229 items by hoongfu (Search limited from 27-November 93)
Man I can't tell if that's Mahala F. Atchison or not. Because its definitely not Swimming River.... If only I had spent more time riding my bike around the neighborhood a bit more I would have run into you all. If only I had talked to the Horsemen playing at Swimming River that one time. If only.
Ah that's too bad. Maybe next time! (There will be one).
Nice I do look forward to the next one. There were wife circumstances that shouldn't appear again, because hopefully best friends don't get surprise proposed to twice haha. Hope you take some photos/videos!
- Hanging out with friends
- Seeing old ones KOREEEEEEEE, Jlego, Ice9, Pants, Beaver, Cannonball, Zorn, Ryan, Groove, Zaxbys!
- meeting new ones - Pete, little kid, Apollo, Bags (If I forgot your name I'm sorry)
- Actually nerfing with Beaver after gazing at his majestic presence walking around at Apoc 2011.
- Ice9 hosting the war - Super well run, lots of rounds in, good crowd control despite people not listening, good game types.
- Good footage - I was so happy when I watched some footage that my gopro wasn't aiming at the sky ala Apoc 2013.
- Food - Pastrami, chili cheese fries, In n Out, Ice cream sandwiches, croissants, and Korean Tacos for days!
- Hanging out all day and night and experiencing Art - Thanks Beaver and Ice9!
- Duels with Cannonball - Man ever since the Christmas war 2 years ago I've been itching to duel Cannonball again. I lost pretty much every duel we had that day except for one, which I hope I caught on video (haven't watched through everything yet). That's one thing I like about east coast wars, despite 40 people around there is always sometime and someone to duel.
- Wonder Twins dota - heroes and minions duking it out in lanes
- Freezetag - So much fun in a perfectly balanced field with a speedloader
- Pull back and a Speedloader - I used it most of the war and had more fun than using any pump action with a hopper
- People having fun and being effective with near stock blasters
- Balls to the wall: Man it was so coooool seeing a good percentage of the players utilizing Nerf's latest invention, the Apollo blaster. And they were effective too!
- Carpe was a lot of fun, even though I felt like we were losing the whole time because of the pressure put on by the Twins/Cannon ball/Bags. Screaming at people to pick up balls (I'm sorry I called you an old man Pete! You're super cool).
- Last round of Carpe was so much fun because it wasn't about winning. Rather it was about winning in our own terms, which we did to the max. It's always fun to play against your friends but even better to play with them.
- Weather was almost perfect for me, I didn't sweat a ton. Overcast works really well with the GoPro because it has a harsh and delayed transition from shadow to sunlight. Any footage in the center square would have been unwatchable if it was sunny.
- Bright Pink polo from Goodwill - Keeping it Cali
- Ryan invited me to come over and mod and use the 3D printer <3
- Not being sweaty on the plane
- Not being tired at all during and after the war , even after the massive lunch, also not pulling any leg muscles
- Grabbing In n out for breakfast
- Dart recovery was amazing as always
- TSA was super chill, even in LAX.
- Super cheap range time.
- Little kid was super interested and Dad allowed him to join after a while. I think he had lots of fun.
- Dad's playing and having fun. I hope to join your ranks some day.
- No Langley/Gears
- Beaver kept getting his food first, I kept getting my food last, like 10 minutes after Beaver finished.
- People including myself not respawning properly during Carpe
- People shooting way too close, like that one guy who shot Koree from 0" away. Even I waited for the kid to run past about 10-15'
- Silicon or rubber tipped rock darts, ridiculously dense darts
- Fell asleep too early. Missed the hugs.
- Boom o rangs and other flying melee. It sucks bad to get hit in the face with one as Bags found out. Thanks Ice9 for not allowing them the rest of the war.
- Red eye flight and work
Beaver, I'll check with my wife and you could probably crash at my place the night before or something. I'm an hour and a half away from the site. And I should be able to make it. Might have to borrow something from Gears as all I have are overpowered homemades
There are too many experiences to count.
One of the top ones is definitely at APOC 2013 where I was selected to be one of the few siding with the LGLF and Magenta Mongols and friends against everyone else at APOC. I believe we had about 8 of us versus 50 or so. And Langley nerds out with a "I've always wanted to do this" Avengers speech bit. I wish my camera angle was better but here it is: https://youtu.be/MBY59Sp_Bgc?t=3m4s
The greatest thing is we ended up winning the deathmatch without losing anyone. Many great stories were born from this round. Just ask Koree.
Pretty much every war (local, invites, & SoCal) I've ever been to has been a memorable, one way or the other. Post war shenanigans are the best though.
- Have waivers signed by parents
- Mandatory eye protection
- Clear boundaries
- Clear rules and game types
- Have a few older people - even older participants help you with keeping kids in line
- Figure out how to work out darts and such (I bough a ton of darts off Craigslist and ebay, about 1700, and charged the participants $1 each if they wanted to use my darts, otherwise they could bring their own and take their own back because inevitably darts get damaged and lost. I also bought about 50 blasters and loaned them all out, free of charge of course.
- Get help, getting a ton of kids under control when they are shooting each other, even before the round starts is really rough on your body.
I can pick you up, or you can sleep over. I have Friday off because of the pope.
Give me a week to recover from last weekend before I buy another plane ticket. I'll probably be there, assuming I can snag a pick-up from the Philly airport again.
LOL nice Dom. Man, missed you this year!
Man, what a great day. I gotta say my performance was the worst ever though. I probably fired around 250 darts and didn't hit a single nerfer. The upside I guess was nothing broke. See y'all next year.
Question: it seems like if one were to show up late, then they would be unable to make the war? I ask this because of the fact that we'll all meet at one location in the morning, then go to the actual nerfing grounds from there. If one, such as myself, were to show up late, then they'd have no way of knowing how to get to the actual playing field?
I can text you the address we head off to Shandsgator8. I have your # already. Hope to see you again!