hoongfu's Content

There have been 229 items by hoongfu (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#363843 Dart foam is cracking, but the heads are not blowing off.... Help plea

Posted by hoongfu on 29 April 2019 - 10:20 AM in Modifications

This isn't a direct answer to your issue, but you can fix your darts by dropping a little bit of super glue in the cracks. That should seal them up. If that doesn't work use clear packaging tape around the area and make sure the tape wraps all the way around and attaches to itself. I've revived many darts using those two techniques.

#357481 South Jersey Nerfers

Posted by hoongfu on 06 January 2017 - 05:21 PM in Nerf Wars

It's still cheap compared to paintball! 

Be sure to drive up for APOC this summer (usually first week of August).  Hopefully joedimarco hosts some Philly wars  or maybe BHaj or Princess Peach will.  Sadly I moved ;_;

#357255 Homemade Crossbow Blaster

Posted by hoongfu on 21 December 2016 - 10:36 AM in Homemades

Look up guides for the AA Bow, it has all the answers to your questions. 

Edit: Here you go http://nerfhaven.com...actually-a-bow/

#355914 And we're back....

Posted by hoongfu on 21 September 2016 - 10:38 AM in News

WOOOO, Thanks for all your hard work Langley!

#355438 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by hoongfu on 09 August 2016 - 09:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Thank you Snoop for the video of Langley dancing.  Made my year.  I'm going to download it now before you get a DMCA notice. 

#355122 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by hoongfu on 21 July 2016 - 08:49 AM in Nerf Wars

I can't wait for someone to put a lure down during Carpe and wreck everyone that's distracted. 

#354995 SPANO 2016

Posted by hoongfu on 14 July 2016 - 03:41 PM in Nerf Wars

IM SORRY GEARS! ;_;

#354642 Looking back at 14 years in the LGLF...

Posted by hoongfu on 28 June 2016 - 03:37 PM in Off Topic

Nice.  Thanks for the recap and sharing. 

#354640 Looking back at 14 years in the LGLF...

Posted by hoongfu on 28 June 2016 - 03:27 PM in Off Topic

Man I can't tell if that's Mahala F. Atchison or not.  Because its definitely not Swimming River....    If only I had spent more time riding my bike around the neighborhood a bit more I would have run into you all.  If only I had talked to the Horsemen playing at Swimming River that one time.   If only. 

#354426 Indianerfolis 2016

Posted by hoongfu on 21 June 2016 - 10:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Ah that's too bad. Maybe next time! (There will be one).

Nice I do look forward to the next one.  There were wife circumstances that shouldn't appear again, because hopefully best friends don't get surprise proposed to twice haha.  Hope you take some photos/videos!

#354380 Indianerfolis 2016

Posted by hoongfu on 20 June 2016 - 11:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Dang I can't come anymore :(   Sorry!

#354318 SPANO 2016

Posted by hoongfu on 17 June 2016 - 02:54 PM in Nerf Wars

DANGIT.  Gota drive the wife to chicago for a surprise proposal.  ARRRRG!!!!

#354307 Nerf Wars Pictures/Footage Thread

Posted by hoongfu on 17 June 2016 - 09:15 AM in Nerf Wars

https://www.youtube....OMm6xPtozxVK7Zg

Armageddon 2016 footage, raw.

#354221 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by hoongfu on 15 June 2016 - 10:40 AM in Nerf Wars

The Good
  1. Hanging out with friends
    1. Seeing old ones KOREEEEEEEE, Jlego, Ice9, Pants, Beaver,  Cannonball, Zorn, Ryan, Groove, Zaxbys!
    2. meeting new ones - Pete, little kid, Apollo, Bags (If I forgot your name I'm sorry)
    3. Actually nerfing with Beaver after gazing at his majestic presence walking around at Apoc 2011.
  2. Ice9 hosting the war - Super well run, lots of rounds in, good crowd control despite people not listening, good game types.  
  3. Good footage - I was so happy when I watched some footage that my gopro wasn't aiming at the sky ala Apoc 2013.
  4. Food - Pastrami, chili cheese fries, In n Out, Ice cream sandwiches, croissants, and Korean Tacos for days!  
  5. Hanging out all day and night and experiencing Art - Thanks Beaver and Ice9!  
  6. Duels with Cannonball - Man ever since the Christmas war 2 years ago I've been itching to duel Cannonball again.  I lost pretty much every duel we had that day except for one, which I hope I caught on video (haven't watched through everything yet).  That's one thing I like about east coast wars, despite 40 people around there is always sometime and someone to duel.  
  7. Wonder Twins dota - heroes and minions duking it out in lanes
  8. Freezetag - So much fun in a perfectly balanced field with a speedloader
  9. Pull back and a Speedloader - I used it most of the war and had more fun than using any pump action with a hopper
  10. People having fun and being effective with near stock blasters
  11. Balls to the wall:  Man it was so coooool seeing a good percentage of the players utilizing Nerf's latest invention, the Apollo blaster.  And they were effective too!  
  12. Carpe was a lot of fun, even though I felt like we were losing the whole time because of the pressure put on by the Twins/Cannon ball/Bags.  Screaming at people to pick up balls (I'm sorry I called you an old man Pete!  You're super cool).
  13. Last round of Carpe was so much fun because it wasn't about winning.  Rather it was about winning in our own terms, which we did to the max.  It's always fun to play against your friends but even better to play with them.  
  14. Weather was almost perfect for me, I didn't sweat a ton.  Overcast works really well with the GoPro because it has a harsh and delayed transition from shadow to sunlight.  Any footage in the center square would have been unwatchable if it was sunny.  
  15. Bright Pink polo from Goodwill - Keeping it Cali
  16. Ryan invited me to come over and mod and use the 3D printer <3
  17. Not being sweaty on the plane
  18. Not being tired at all during and after the war , even after the massive lunch, also not pulling any leg muscles
  19. Grabbing In n out for breakfast
  20. Dart recovery was amazing as always
  21. TSA was super chill, even in LAX.  
  22. Super cheap range time.  
  23. Little kid was super interested and Dad allowed him to join after a while.  I think he had lots of fun.  
  24. Dad's playing and having fun.  I hope to join your ranks some day.  

Not as good
  1. No Langley/Gears 
  2. Beaver kept getting his food first, I kept getting my food last, like 10 minutes after Beaver finished. 
  3. People including myself not respawning properly during Carpe
  4. People shooting way too close, like that one guy who shot Koree from 0" away.  Even I waited for the kid to run past about 10-15'
  5. Silicon or rubber tipped rock darts, ridiculously dense darts 
  6. Fell asleep too early.  Missed the hugs.
  7. Boom o rangs and other flying melee.  It sucks bad to get hit in the face with one as Bags found out.  Thanks Ice9 for not allowing them the rest of the war.  
  8. Red eye flight and work 

I'll be working on a highlights video soon, my first one so it will take a long time and will suck a lot.    I'll post it in here after its done.  

#354010 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by hoongfu on 06 June 2016 - 12:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Happy Birthday Pants!

#353561 Nerf Wars Pictures/Footage Thread

Posted by hoongfu on 18 May 2016 - 11:43 AM in Nerf Wars

https://www.youtube.com/user/hoongfu/videos  Mostly raw war footage. 

#353342 Indianerfolis 2016

Posted by hoongfu on 08 May 2016 - 10:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Beaver, I'll check with my wife and you could probably crash at my place the night before or something.  I'm an hour and a half away from the site.  And I should be able to make it.  Might have to borrow something from Gears as all I have are overpowered homemades :( 

#352778 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by hoongfu on 13 April 2016 - 08:36 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be bringing my gopro.   As always, raw/lightly edited footage uploaded way late on my youtube channel. 

#351860 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by hoongfu on 28 February 2016 - 01:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in.   I'll see if I can bring my giant magnet on a stick. 

#350600 What was your favorite war experience?

Posted by hoongfu on 08 January 2016 - 03:05 PM in Site Feedback

There are too many experiences to count. 

One of the top ones is definitely at APOC 2013 where I was selected to be one of the few siding with the LGLF and Magenta Mongols and friends against everyone else at APOC.  I believe we had about 8 of us versus 50 or so.  And Langley nerds out with a "I've always wanted to do this" Avengers speech bit.   I wish my camera angle was better but here it is:   https://youtu.be/MBY59Sp_Bgc?t=3m4s

The greatest thing is we ended up winning the deathmatch without losing anyone.  Many great stories were born from this round.  Just ask Koree. 

Pretty much every war (local, invites, & SoCal) I've ever been to has been a memorable, one way or the other.  Post war shenanigans are the best though. 

#349720 War footage

Posted by hoongfu on 28 November 2015 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

https://www.youtube.com/user/hoongfu/videos Raw footage mostly. 

#349194 Why is this wiki so strict?

Posted by hoongfu on 19 October 2015 - 03:28 PM in Site Feedback

You are probably the 10000000000th person to ask this. You could probably find a bunch of locked threads regarding this topic. And there is spam cooldown, 30 seconds must pass between posting. Why is the forum to strict? Because the owner(s) and admins wanted it that way. I think this forum isn't strict enough at times. Being strict also cuts down on a lot of spam and impatient, stupid people. If you dig into the archives section or just super old posts you'll see bans being given out left and right. So coming from that era into a period where bans are rarely seen, I'd say its a lot less strict than it used to be. Just lurk, accept the FNG status for a little bit, then enjoy full member privileges. It doesn't take that long.

#348912 PA] Novemember Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena

Posted by hoongfu on 30 September 2015 - 10:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Ugh, this conversation brings back nightmares from the 2nd to last war at GridCode where Split used a modified Stryfe to wreck fools. Oooh and the guy with the Pyragon. ;_;

#348821 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by hoongfu on 23 September 2015 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I can confirm I'll be there. Is anyone bringing darts for sale? I could use some. Just let me know how much you'd like for (x) amount.

I have slugs for sale.

#348818 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by hoongfu on 23 September 2015 - 03:19 PM in Nerf Wars

uh oh

#348805 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by hoongfu on 22 September 2015 - 02:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Anyone interested in a speedloaders/breeches only round?

#348712 Youth Group Nerf Event

Posted by hoongfu on 10 September 2015 - 03:35 PM in General Nerf

I've run several nerf wars in my old church , inside the building.

• Have waivers signed by parents
  • Mandatory eye protection
  • Clear boundaries
  • Clear rules and game types
  • Have a few older people - even older participants help you with keeping kids in line
  • Figure out how to work out darts and such (I bough a ton of darts off Craigslist and ebay, about 1700, and charged the participants $1 each if they wanted to use my darts, otherwise they could bring their own and take their own back because inevitably darts get damaged and lost. I also bought about 50 blasters and loaned them all out, free of charge of course.
  • Get help, getting a ton of kids under control when they are shooting each other, even before the round starts is really rough on your body.

#348589 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by hoongfu on 31 August 2015 - 09:21 AM in Modifications

Forgot I did this a few weeks bag. Just couplered. Posted Image

#348316 Crossfire Bow + Blastzooka Integration

Posted by hoongfu on 10 August 2015 - 12:37 PM in Modifications

Great mod and well done on the write up. Hows the air seal as a result of the secret shot-eque select barrel feature?

#348287 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by hoongfu on 07 August 2015 - 09:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Give me a week to recover from last weekend before I buy another plane ticket. I'll probably be there, assuming I can snag a pick-up from the Philly airport again.

I can pick you up, or you can sleep over. I have Friday off because of the pope.

#348286 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by hoongfu on 07 August 2015 - 09:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there! Maybe with a +1 if that's cool.

Nice, I have some of your darts.

#348274 GnomeFEST 2015

Posted by hoongfu on 07 August 2015 - 03:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#348264 [PA] August 29th Post-Apocalyptic Philadelphia War

Posted by hoongfu on 07 August 2015 - 11:42 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm in. Maybe wife too.

#348183 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by hoongfu on 02 August 2015 - 11:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Man, what a great day. I gotta say my performance was the worst ever though. I probably fired around 250 darts and didn't hit a single nerfer. The upside I guess was nothing broke. See y'all next year.

LOL nice Dom. Man, missed you this year!

#348157 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by hoongfu on 31 July 2015 - 09:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Closing ceremonies? OH BOY! Maybe CHOPs can empty the gatorade cooler on Langley this time!

#348041 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by hoongfu on 25 July 2015 - 04:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks everyone for coming out and hope you all had a good time!

#347843 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by hoongfu on 15 July 2015 - 08:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Question: it seems like if one were to show up late, then they would be unable to make the war? I ask this because of the fact that we'll all meet at one location in the morning, then go to the actual nerfing grounds from there. If one, such as myself, were to show up late, then they'd have no way of knowing how to get to the actual playing field?

I can text you the address we head off to Shandsgator8. I have your # already. Hope to see you again!

#347771 I was scammed by Drac?

Posted by hoongfu on 09 July 2015 - 08:45 AM in General Nerf

What Aeromech said. Also file a dispute on Paypal.

#347384 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by hoongfu on 23 June 2015 - 09:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Plane tickets and clean undies are secured. Touching b(utts)ase at TedTown July 31st for biers mit Giers.

Who's making me darts?

I can....sell you some? :P

#347300 Philly Area Help Koree Test a New Field War July 25th

Posted by hoongfu on 19 June 2015 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

In! My wife will be there also.