inf0rm3r's Content

There have been 9 items by inf0rm3r (Search limited from 05-December 93)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#308117 008-M2 Rifle Review

Posted by inf0rm3r on 08 December 2011 - 07:04 AM in General Nerf

It was found in a factory in Asia, I sampled this one and about 20 others including various knock offs etc.

#308115 008-M2 Rifle Review

Posted by inf0rm3r on 08 December 2011 - 05:48 AM in General Nerf

#308098 Photon Storm Review

Posted by inf0rm3r on 07 December 2011 - 08:08 PM in General Nerf

@Taerkitty

The stock ranges are about 40-50FT with the darts in the box. Could be improved with custom darts and stinger darts.

This blaster was completely stock. I think SG nerf has already done a voltage upgrade on it etc and improved the range substantially.

#308085 Photon Storm Review

Posted by inf0rm3r on 07 December 2011 - 04:46 AM in General Nerf

Just a video review of the Photon Storm for those of you looking at purchasing them but don't know much about them.

#303487 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by inf0rm3r on 18 August 2011 - 09:41 AM in Darts and Barrels

Just some updates on the video tutorials on how to make these and some more information into them.

There's also this one for the Stinger darts, I couldn't embed because of the restrictions on my account.

v=p0uwYu_BGq8

#299981 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by inf0rm3r on 16 June 2011 - 09:58 PM in Darts and Barrels

Good to see some replies as to why these aren't working in hoppers.

I can easily manufacture something more flat or even perhaps a weight internal to the dart, if the only issue is the Heavies friction generated because of the rubber compound then that's easily overcame. Has anyone tried the Lite tips, these are far smoother. I can sample to any who are interested cost free.

#299571 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by inf0rm3r on 09 June 2011 - 12:03 AM in Darts and Barrels

Hey Martin

Just e-mailed you this morning about it :)

#299328 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by inf0rm3r on 05 June 2011 - 07:23 AM in Darts and Barrels

@ ryan

The heavy tips are quiet hard this is to generate the weight, it's basically a silicone rubber compound, it's the only way to generate such a weight in such a small area, they hurt nowhere near as much as glue domes and aren't quite as hard, using a rubber compound also gives you the ability to use super glue as an adhesive which is way cheaper than hot glue.

If you want something softer we have lite tips basically a 1.0g (1.2g with foam) weight in the same shape, it's 100% silicone and much softer. You'll find when you fire these they actually bounce of things pretty crazy. The only downside to using 100% silicone is you have to use a silastic glue (dow corning 734, flowable) works best which costs about $20.00 for roughly 1,000 darts worth. I'm currently testing 732 which only costs around $8.00 for the same volume tube but it isn't flowable so I'm not sure whether it will bond correctly on the foams end.

I always thought the length of the foam was the only thing affecting the hoppers, I will try and make an aussie hopper to trial some on and check out what exactly is causing the issue and gain some more understanding on how the tips can affect it.

If it does come down to it being the tips I can easily customize the design to suit what everyone needs if you have ideas throw them at me I'm easy to work with :)

#299271 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by inf0rm3r on 04 June 2011 - 06:16 AM in Darts and Barrels

@ Dark Sir Cam

I have been giving some pretty flash pricing on it and absorbing the shipping altogether I've already cut two orders of 200M each.

Here's the deal I'm doing.

200M of Foam @ 0.50c per metre or 15.2 cents per foot, this is much lower than the selling price here purely because I need to move a lot of this stuff.

Shipping that box is $42.10

So if you add that up it equates to $142.10

this means your buying foam at 0.71c per Meter OR 0.216 cents per metre. From looking at other sales thread this is darn cheap considering what some of people are selling FBR on this forum for. Not to mention this stuff is just about the best material in a number of applications.

I have offered some crazy deals on the tips direct to people's door but no one is willing to fork out for 10,000 yet. Tips for 6.5-7 cents to your doorstep is darn cheap considering the performance and speed you can make these darts at. I mean I can crack 1,000 in an hour sure I work like an asian but it's not hard.

I am flexible talk to me, I started this project with the aim of making the sport safer here and everywhere else so we can keep playing without causing trouble with police and authorities, sure I make a little on the side but it's nowhere near enough for me to live off it pays for my blasters to be modded and the events I put on here so I don't mind if I'm selling close to my cost.

In your hoppers and thing's have you tried cutting them down, it may waste a little but it's still very cost effective and time effective to a lot of other methods even with a little waste. I'm trying to gather interest again on 1M lengths for my next order so if enough people register enough interest I can order it.

@ utahnerf

In regards to how to make them there is the video on you tube which gives you the general idea.

The heavy tips are silicone with a rubber compound to generate weight and to enable the use of super glue as a cost effective adhesive.

The lite tips I've just brought in aimed at more stock players are 100% silicone so the adhesive used is dow corning silastic 732 or 734 flowable. The 732 is cheap at around $8.00AUD and is a 310ML package so you can do a lot of darts with it.

If you have any questions feel free to forward them to sales@foam-sports.com I answer questions there pretty quickly as I check it once a day :)