LTJG Rob's Content

There have been 26 items by LTJG Rob (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#324332 Philadelphia Winter Nerf War Dec 22nd DATE CHANGED TO DEC 22nd!

Posted by LTJG Rob on 09 December 2012 - 11:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe for now.

#317776 P.W.N>U #2 <JUNE 30TH!>

Posted by LTJG Rob on 30 June 2012 - 08:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Another great war guys. Glad I could make it. Can't wait till next time.

#317712 P.W.N>U #2 <JUNE 30TH!>

Posted by LTJG Rob on 29 June 2012 - 03:27 PM in Nerf Wars

You can borrow some darts at the war from me for some $. But, I prefer not to sell any. I have only 50ft of foam left and want to preserve it for as long as possible. I have a ziplock bag of 1.5" blanks that I can part with. I also have leftover 1.25" blanks (about 200). I mean, I will sell anything for the right price. I'll just bring everything and we can talk further at the war.

Thanks for letting me know. I understand about wanting the foam to last. I'll make my own and see how it goes but if you are willing, I'd love to take those blanks off your hands. but like you said, we'll work out details at the war.

Redshot, I'll be bringing some water and food as well.

#317675 P.W.N>U #2 <JUNE 30TH!>

Posted by LTJG Rob on 29 June 2012 - 08:24 AM in Nerf Wars

There's usually some nice trading going on at PWN>U. I guess I have some stuff I can part with...

After a hard day's work I got these babies done. #8 washers, White foam (Supa thick), and black Mcmaster felt. I hope to actually recover most of them so I can use 'em for Apoc and what-not. Cool jazz...

I know it is last minute but would you be willing to sell me some darts? Most likely some foam as well? The foam I have is crap.

Also, 1 more day. Get pumped.

#317652 HHNO

Posted by LTJG Rob on 28 June 2012 - 07:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe kind sir.

#316986 P.W.N>U #2 <JUNE 30TH!>

Posted by LTJG Rob on 14 June 2012 - 08:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I just wanted to let you know I will be able to make it. So yay for me. Just wondering, is there a preferred dart type for this shindig?

Edit: I am looking to get my hands on some BBB arrows. Is there anyone that would be willing to sell/trade to me?

#316734 P.W.N>U #2 <JUNE 30TH!>

Posted by LTJG Rob on 08 June 2012 - 09:22 PM in Nerf Wars

It will be great warring with you again, Rob.
Anyway, it looks like I will only have 1 guest with me for this war.

You too. I've got some major prep to do if I can actually make it.

#316724 P.W.N>U #2 <JUNE 30TH!>

Posted by LTJG Rob on 08 June 2012 - 05:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe for now. I just need to make sure I don't have to work.

#316051 DCNF#5

Posted by LTJG Rob on 23 May 2012 - 12:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe plus one or two.

#303930 TEPAW 4! Reunion ~ PA war

Posted by LTJG Rob on 27 August 2011 - 09:18 PM in Nerf Wars

For that one, might I suggest a winter TEPAW? Or do we not want to wait that long for another war?

I would vote for a winter war also. Some time between December 8th and the first week of January would be ideal for me since I'll be back for semester break.

#303098 TEPAW 4! Reunion ~ PA war

Posted by LTJG Rob on 09 August 2011 - 10:13 AM in Nerf Wars

NOOOO! I'm going to be down in Georgia until December. Maybe if there isn't any snow we could do something then. I'd be all in for running around shooting at each other in the freezing cold!

#302240 Barrel Break Nitefinder

Posted by LTJG Rob on 25 July 2011 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

Is it necessary to use the 1" PETG for the plunger tube or could you use the NF plunger tubes? Did you not use them because they were too short or just for personal preference?
Other than that one question, I absolutely love it. I've been looking forward to seeing this. I might have to try it out for myself.

#302077 Territories

Posted by LTJG Rob on 23 July 2011 - 10:04 AM in General Nerf

I like it. When you flip your team's length of pvc up do you also flip down whatever other team that may have claimed it? I would think that is the way it is meant to be played. Also, I think that it might be difficult to tell who has claimed which of the depots. Maybe some kind of flag would be ideal/necessary? Also, who would you deal with people trying to camp the depots? Does each team start with a depot their color or do they start from naught?

#301324 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 10 July 2011 - 08:37 PM in Nerf Wars

While I'm thinking about it; how about that little kid that wanted to play with us?

#301257 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 09 July 2011 - 05:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Well. I think we can all agree that today was a day well spent playing with toys meant for children. It was great to see all the guys I met at TEPAW 1 and it was real cool to met some new people. Red, once again you have hosted a great war. The only cons I can speak of are the fact that my blasters kept failing to preform for one reason or another and the long wait time between some of the rounds. But I'm sure the second one will be fixed the next time around. The first, well, that's all up to me. Hopefully I'll be able to get out at least one more time before I head down south to get some learnin'.

#301146 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 07 July 2011 - 08:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Forgive me for my late response, but I may be able to go, so list me as a maybe. I hope this makes a good first war!

I hope you can make it because Red Shot hosts a heck of a war. TEPAW 1 was my first war. A good time was had by all.

#300599 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 27 June 2011 - 12:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Cam, I may not be able to make it to this one. I got scheduled to work on the 9th even though I asked to have off. I'm trying to work it out right now to see if I can come or not.

Edit: I'll be there.

#300111 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 18 June 2011 - 05:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll also have a couple things for sale:
1. 2 stock Barricades-$10 each OBO
2. Stock blue AT3K- $20 OBO
3. Several Paracord lanyards in various colors( bright orange, bright green, black) - $7 w/o clip $8 w/clip
4. Stock yellow Nitefinder- $5

PM me if you are interested or just wait until the war.

#299856 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by LTJG Rob on 14 June 2011 - 01:21 PM in General Nerf

People have been selling mod kits for nitefinders for years, it's not going to suddenly ruin the game because somebody decided to do the same thing for recons.

So does this kit fit on any of the other "recon internal" blasters? Just curious if we can put these on an alpha trooper or raider to get some pump action, or if we have to wait for an "official" version.

I know for sure that the kit won't fit either the AT or the Raider. It might fit the Deploy or the Long Strike but I wouldn't know for sure.

#299814 Another Recon Mod

Posted by LTJG Rob on 13 June 2011 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

Out of curiosity, have you had any problems with your Recon not firing when you pull the trigger with the OMW catch installed? For some reason I have been having a hard time getting it to fire.

#299604 What Happened?

Posted by LTJG Rob on 09 June 2011 - 04:17 PM in Off Topic

There was a hacker. The site was down for a while but everything is up and running again. Everything except some of the topics posted within the few days before it happened was able to be saved.

#299364 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 05 June 2011 - 07:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey I am fairly new to nerf, and have never been to an actual war. I have been interested in going to one for some time, and this looks like the only one that is some what close to me (about 2 hours away) So is it open to everyone, or would it be kinda awkward if I showed up not really knowing what to do?

You should come. In fact, you need to come. TEPAW 1 earlier this year was my first war. It was great. You'll know what to do, I promise.

#299253 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 03 June 2011 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm all in for the ninth. I'm going to try and bring someone with me but I don't know yet.

#299151 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 01 June 2011 - 07:45 PM in Nerf Wars

They are generally are too narrow for PETG. I know PETG can differ in its inner diameter, but I can't say my slugs will work. At best, they'll probably produce an airgun-fit. I've seen my slugs get stuck in PETG because the slugs are too narrow. In case you are wondering, I use McMaster FBR.

That'd be perfect for me since I would be using them in an airgun. Maybe we could talk about how many and for how much on the IRC?

#299148 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 01 June 2011 - 07:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I would be using slugs but I just can't find any good materials to make them. I'll probably be using modified streamlines any way.
By the way, shandsgator8, you said your slugs only really work in CPVC. How well do they work in PETG?
Also, Red can we get some kind of consensus on the date yet?

#298880 T.E.P.A.W. 3! -Recapping (please see new thread!)

Posted by LTJG Rob on 28 May 2011 - 06:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I am up for any of the dates. But I need to know which one it is going to be as soon as possible so I can take off from work and get my blasters ready. Also, I may need some one to provide me with some stefans. And yes, I am willing to pay for them. The first one was great by the way.