cxwq's Content

There have been 1000 items by cxwq (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#337658 Last Armageddon (Armageddon XV)

Posted by cxwq on 24 March 2014 - 11:49 PM in Nerf Wars

What the fuck have I done?

#296919 Ads?

Posted by cxwq on 30 March 2011 - 07:12 PM in Site Feedback

It's an injection attack against this version of IPB. We'll be down intermittently while I upgrade the site.

If I put ads on NerfHaven you'll know it. They'll be for drugs... and hookers... and duct tape.

#268669 Too Many Topics Are Being Closed

Posted by cxwq on 09 March 2010 - 02:07 PM in Site Feedback

Oh my goodness.

I laughed. I cried. Literal fucking tears rolled down my face as I read this wonderful thread.

I'll have you know I had to sign into the goddamn nerfhaven gmail account in order to retrieve my password and come here and tell you this.

Want to know what's in the nerfhaven gmail account? No, you don't but I'm going to tell you anyway.

Things like this:

my account name is n3rf-v4mp1re and i want to know why the smeg i have been suspended for a YEAR

my first post on the forums, yes...i admit it was an old topic to begin with...BUT A FRELLING YEAR??!!!!!

and

hey you are gonna fix my profile or ill sue you for the website and 100 dollars
make sure i get what i want because my godmom is a lawyer and my dad is a cop and my mom works for the courts and can file a warrent against you and/or can get my dad to hunt you down and arrest you so i get what i want there will be no problems
by the way ill hunt you down myself im a junior cop and can still arrest you and i have a tazer

and

please communicate with me about why my son was suspended, reddog421 received notice of suspension and is frantic, please help me, ken staaf

and, lets see... 1983 (dearly wish there was one more) that are more or less exactly like this:

To whom it may concern,
I had registered last Saturday, yet I never got a confirmation. I tried posting and it says I can't yet it shows me logged in. I have also Emailed you all 2 other times and have yet to get a response.
Please help with my issue.
Thanks,Scott
Tatfree is my user name.

#114895 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by cxwq on 07 July 2007 - 10:57 AM in Nerf Wars

I am in ur haus takin pictures of ur clans.

Posted Image

Looks like it was a fun sleepover, Falcon. Hope you and your crew are up for some nerf.

#114818 From The NH Mail Bag

Posted by cxwq on 06 July 2007 - 10:20 PM in News

So I just started reading the NH mailbox again - it's been a year or so and I thought it might be amusing. Here is one gem in particular...

------------------------

Trey Butler <treybutler@somewhere.com> <--- thenerfking

How do I get my account back

[a few hours later...]

why was i suspended
un suspend me i did nothing wrong

i cant even log out please un suspend me now
if i did do something wrong tell me what i did

[a few hours later...]

Why was I suspended from NerfHaven
I dident do anything wrong

[a few hours later...]

Tell me why I have been suspended
Give me a good reason why im suspended

[a few more hours...]

Id like to cancle my subscryption to nerf haven

--------------------

Fantastic. I think we already did that.

I'll post more in this thread as I delve into the backlog.

#114710 Poll: Do You Cuss?

Posted by cxwq on 06 July 2007 - 01:40 PM in Off Topic

do you curse any on this site? Any racial obcenity, cursing, sexism, or any of that.

What I want to know is if your for it, neutral, or against it. Please stay on topic and thanks, constructive critism or ideas are all welcome.

Have you read any fucking posts yet?

#114394 I Think I'm Done With Nerf, For Good.

Posted by cxwq on 04 July 2007 - 12:44 AM in Off Topic

What the hell is FTW? Surely it's not "Fucked the What?"

Results 1-10 of about 1,690,000 for "for the win" (0.12 seconds)

Come on, Google makes it too easy.

#111264 It's Clean-up Time!

Posted by cxwq on 14 June 2007 - 06:41 PM in News

Allow me to remind you and everyone who misunderstands, once again, that the owners of NerfHaven intended to create a HAVEN from the endless juvenile lunch-table topics that are prevalent on so many other forum boards, Nerf and otherwise. For just ONE site, members (of which many, to your surprise, are adults--as in 21 and over) can have a place to discuss our hobby, and OCCASIONALLY something off the normal topic flow from Nerfing. It shouldn't be that Off-Topic is a fairly close third behind GND and Modifications, in terms of overall posts.

You won't find the adult members of NerfHaven discussing things like "Favorite Alcoholic Beverage", or "What Condom Works Best for You?", or "401(k) or IRA?". There are other venues for discussing such things, and we feel that NerfHaven isn't the place for it.

How about politics AND beverages? /g/

It's good to see the place growing again.

Cheers.

#103877 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by cxwq on 04 May 2007 - 12:57 AM in Nerf Wars

The 7th eh? Sounds fun.

Lemme know who's staying at my place and when to pick you guys up from ONT. I'll plan to be ill on Friday the 6th so timing is not an issue.

I'll need the day to work on my shit anyway. My guns and darts are exactly as you last saw them when you flew out after the last Armageddon.

Falcon can continue to run the actual war planning of course as he's doing a fine job. Let me know where to show up.

Cheers.

#102345 Shooting At Virginia Tech

Posted by cxwq on 16 April 2007 - 11:26 PM in Off Topic

I'm alive. I'll post more later.

Like many here, this was the first place I went when I heard the news. Glad to hear you weren't on campus at the time.

#101734 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by cxwq on 02 April 2007 - 11:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Fuck.

Leave it to Jordan to get to a guy by chatting up his woman.

#98464 3/4" Orbit Watermaster Inline Solenoid Sprinkler Valve

Posted by cxwq on 18 January 2007 - 02:05 PM in Homemades

The reason I used that specific valve was because it has a lever-style bleed rather than a screw bleed. This is extremely significant if you intend to use it in a mechanically actuated fashion rather than hooking up batteries and a switch.

If you want to go this route (and save some of the cost of a normal sprinkler valve gun), my suggestion is to go to Lowes and start taking them out of their boxes and examining them until you find one that has a lever bleed valve.

Incidentally, all the information I just typed can be found within the writeup itself.

#96023 How The Fuck Are You Guys?

Posted by cxwq on 06 December 2006 - 01:21 PM in Off Topic

Hey Steve, how's college life? Not too surprised to hear you ended up at a party school. /g/

It would be swell if you made it to a war sometime. Heck, I might even show up if you came to town.

Have a relaxing winter break.

PS: I love you, you bitch!

#95481 Holiday Raffle

Posted by cxwq on 28 November 2006 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

#93842 Bowling Anyone?

Posted by cxwq on 07 November 2006 - 01:26 PM in Off Topic

Wow, never thought I'd see a penis waving thread about bowling.

Hey, wait, lemme bring up my favorite hobby so I can tell people how great I am and how much they suck!

The off-topic section has really gone to shit lately, how about something that actually gets some interesting discussion going?

#93841 Ultimate At3k?

Posted by cxwq on 07 November 2006 - 01:17 PM in Modifications

Is there anything else I can do to make it a better weapon?

I'd investigate CO2. Perhaps an under slung nerf grenade launcher.

#92229 A Revolutionary Idea... As Long As It's Novel

Posted by cxwq on 19 October 2006 - 10:50 AM in Modifications

I have not ever met a more arrogant sounding person in my entire life. Maybe that is because I don't know many people, but I'm simply speaking from my own perspective.

Oh, I started out in the NIC way more arrogant than that.

Then I got worse.

Anyone else don't like what they see, PM cxwq and have me taken off staff.

You know Piney, nobody has ever taken you up on that offer. My PM box is overflowing with people whinging about selling them crap or posting their stuff or giving them custom avatars and titles but nothing about removing the Piney.

Which pretty much sucks because I'd so love laughing in their face.

#92155 Old Posts

Posted by cxwq on 18 October 2006 - 12:49 PM in Site Feedback

It's a browser-dependant glitch that resulted from a DB move a couple years ago. I've been fixing them as I notice them. Post links here and I'll repair the threads.

#91822 Signature

Posted by cxwq on 12 October 2006 - 04:49 PM in Site Feedback

link

#91330 Thread Views

Posted by cxwq on 06 October 2006 - 12:48 PM in Site Feedback

Bots don't add to the thread view count. They aren't registered users, Invision is recognizing them by their browser ID so that they aren't added to the statistics.

#90585 Cxwq

Posted by cxwq on 27 September 2006 - 12:30 AM in Off Topic

Abbreviation?

If so, it would have a period at the end and would take the place of something like "cxwqgrypzm" which is rather unwieldy to type. No period, no abbreviation, that's what I always say.

Don't even suggest that it's an acronym please. If so, it would naturally be in all caps like "VACC" which, incidentally, has a rather rude expansion.

I've answered this question in a less irritating manner previously. Someone who was present may deign to post my previous response. Or not.

Falcon, please plan the war as if I were unlikely to attend. At the moment, that would be a high-probability assumption. Perhaps the war after that as well. Not sure about the probability on that one.

#90114 Chronicles Of An East Coast Nerfer

Posted by cxwq on 20 September 2006 - 06:31 PM in General Nerf

You know the drill...

Right click -> Save Link/Target As

The Movie

#89637 Recent Topic Section And Mod/homeade Update

Posted by cxwq on 13 September 2006 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

You guys just need to realize that Cx is extremely busy; I highly doubt this site is anywhere near his number 1 priority. They'll be updated as soon as he has some free time.

~ompa

Could a forum moderator be given control of the page?

We're working on handing over editorial control to the more active admins. Your patience is appreciated. If you wish to speak with a customer service representative please call back between our regular business hours - 3:00AM to 3:15AM, Pacific Standard Time.

/Beep/

#88286 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by cxwq on 25 August 2006 - 01:06 AM in General Nerf

I <3 Piney.

#88246 Dremel Nearly Killed Me

Posted by cxwq on 24 August 2006 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

You never put yourself in the plane of the wheel.

Ever.

#88212 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by cxwq on 24 August 2006 - 12:59 PM in General Nerf

Try checking out with about 25 at3ks and max shots and see how funny they look at you. It was two carts full.

As I'm now in my 30's, I assume most clerks think I'm buying for my kids but if someone gave me that kind of shit I would most definitely speak with the store manager about his/her insolent little employee.

#87358 Armageddon Recap Thread

Posted by cxwq on 14 August 2006 - 01:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Just remembered (before the video is shown and whatnot) that I needed to bring this up beforehand.

I did everything I could to make sure everyone was seen in the video. Still, Katie only filmed for one round that day (the first one after lunch) and filmed mainly from a vantage point out in the field. That being the case, some people aren't seen a whole lot (either because they had a tendency to stick to the hallway away from the grass or because they were eliminated fairly early). So I'm sorry if you (general statement) aren't seen very much in the video, but I did the best I could with what footage I was given, and everyone is in it at some point.

If it's under 10MB, send it to nerfhaven@gmail.com

If it's over 10MB, email won't work and I'll set up an FTP account for you.

Let me know.

#87124 My Name

Posted by cxwq on 11 August 2006 - 09:34 AM in Off Topic

OP, your name has been changed as requested in your PM.

I think perhaps you may not have known about the filter but I'm not sure so I followed your request to the letter.

Next expected bored date: Sometime in 2033.

#87059 My Name

Posted by cxwq on 10 August 2006 - 04:59 PM in Off Topic

my email shows as my name on the site how do i change that.?

You indicate what you would like your display name to be, then wait for a bored admin to fix it.

#86824 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by cxwq on 08 August 2006 - 05:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Falcon, hate is a strong word, so I will leave it at I HATE YOUR GUTS!!!!, and the 2/3rds of a tank that my mom, Toj, and Jon went through, thank you.

wow, a slightly different alais = new account, one that is already known... nice way to get around the ban.

-bags

I actually told him that I would let him back in.

I will personally hold him responsible for the quality of his posts, however.

#86440 Favorite Music Style -poll-

Posted by cxwq on 03 August 2006 - 06:27 PM in Off Topic

Hey sponge head, go read Shindig's post.

The point of threads like this is to blather about things nobody else gives a shit about, just to see yourself type.

Duh.

#86395 Favorite Music Style -poll-

Posted by cxwq on 03 August 2006 - 10:37 AM in Off Topic

http://www.last.fm/user/cxwq/

chillout, electronic, idm, ambient, experimental, rock, trip-hop, punk, post-punk, indie rock, ska, reggae, jazz, classical, etc.

#85400 Armageddon Recap Thread

Posted by cxwq on 20 July 2006 - 12:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I would personally prefer if you would stop blaming me for everything that went wrong and just use the thread for what it was intended for. I understand all of the "trouble/grievances" I have "caused" and I sincerely apologize, but all of the information was here, whether you saw the correct information or not. I did what I needed to do, and no one can be blamed for what happened. Oh, and give credit where credit is due; it wasn't my war to host; I merely provided the location. Cxwq ran this thing, and I don't want to get any credit for organizing and running something like the war on Saturday. He did a great job, but it wasn't me.

I'd like to publically thank Falcon for providing *3* great locations for the last couple YANOs and this year's Armageddon. I was, quite frankly, done suggesting new war locations over a year ago. My involvement in running wars is currently limited to three things.
  • Setting a date that is agreeable to most of the people I like
  • Explaining the rules to people / getting rounds started in a timely manner / picking team captains for each round
  • Screaming obsceneties at people who cheat
You'll notice that "finding new war locations" is not on that list. Falcon stepped up and we had a great war. Of course I'd have been happier if the fine folks in the Glendora USD hadn't decided to rip the fuck out of Cullen in the first place because that area is essentially identical to the urban area at Venado which is our Armageddon staple. Given all the things that were out of our control, everything went as well as possible.

Thanks Falcon.

#85398 Sicklefin Devil Ray, Or Just Sicklefin, As Seen @ Armegeddon

Posted by cxwq on 20 July 2006 - 12:06 PM in Modifications

We did discuss whether the extensions disqualified it as a shield. The feeling most people had was that it wasn't a huge change in surface area and it was done well so we didn't mind. For my part, I tried to make sure bags was on my team.

#85293 What's Your Favorite Gun?

Posted by cxwq on 18 July 2006 - 05:38 PM in Off Topic

No nerf, airsoft, or paintball guns please.

moubeus5018 [sic],

Twenty of your twenty-one posts are on the subject of firearms, airsoft, and video games.

This is a Nerf forum.

-The Administration

#85062 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by cxwq on 14 July 2006 - 10:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Guys.

I'm a little scared to go to sleep.

The Easties are REALLY pissed off about all the trash talking.

I guess it's mainly Falcon they want but DAMN.

Hardcore shit.

#84922 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by cxwq on 13 July 2006 - 12:35 AM in Nerf Wars

I guess I'll have to switch from my dark shirt to my bright-vibrant no-shirt style!

I worry, cause last time we played it was humid too, plus 80-90 temp. I wanted to shoot myself sadly enough. But I guess that won't be the case, so least I hope. But none the less I had a cooler given to me as a wedding gift. And what better way to break it in.

Cx. Yeah...I kinda hope theres soda too. Some of us (Mainly me) Don't drink. So, some coke would be nice. And I'm not a jackass, so you can drink to your hearts continent while I'm around, it doesn't bother me at all.

Check it out.

28% humidity at 11:00AM, decreasing from there.

Can I get a headcount for apres-war please? I have beaucoup brew, but need to go on a soda/chips/dogs run tomorrow. PMs would be fine.

Two days and a few hours to go! About time to start working on guns/darts...

#84875 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by cxwq on 12 July 2006 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there - probably filming for whoever wants to give me their camera. Or I'll be hobbling around kicking all of your asses. Who's bringing the Coronas?

Cool, glad to hear you'll be there Ray.

Beer will have to wait till afterwards, and if anyone wants US/Mexican-style beer they'll have to bring their own. I do have pale ale, brown ale, and stout on hand, as well as various soda.

Edit: Just checked out the extended weather forecast and we're apparently looking at 100 degrees in Glendora on Saturday. Everyone bring a truckload of water and don't forget the sunblock.

#84795 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by cxwq on 11 July 2006 - 02:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Well shit, wouldn't you know it. The UPS guy just showed up with two of these - I wasn't expecting them for at least another month. I'm training the kids to use them now, we should be set by Saturday.

#84514 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by cxwq on 07 July 2006 - 10:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Call me skeptical, overly-cautious, what-have-you...but, uhhh...

I think you have a point, personally. Aside from which, I'm not really interested in a night war.