ACLakeside's Content

There have been 13 items by ACLakeside (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#68319 Xbox 360 Is Out Of Hand

Posted by ACLakeside on 26 November 2005 - 12:26 AM in Off Topic

I just think it is retarded to try to make a what almost 700 dollar profit of an xbox. Thats just greedy.

Making a profit is not greedy. You need a profit to make money. You can't live without money, it is a necessity. If you think that a 700 dollar profit on an xbox is greedy, think of all the realtors who make thousands of dollars of profit on each house they sell.
Taking advantage of people who are willing to pay that much on an xbox is not greedy, it is business.

Plus, what good games does PS3 have?

Agreed!

Viper, I agree with you that Nintendo is going to do the best in this round of consoles. The controller really is revolutionary, which is what nintendo was going for. If the new idea is good, then in 2010 or whenever the next wave of consoles comes around, you'll see sony and microsoft trying to work their way around the patents and make a similiar controller. If the new controller doesn't succed, I still congratulate nintendo for trying something new to help further advance the gaming industry.

I have a feeling the revolution is gonna be another gamecube which means no good games and posibly mario party 15

No good games?!!! There are plenty of great games for the cube, and they suit all different kinds of people. Sure there's Sesame Street and whatnot for all the little 5 year olds, but there is still Medal of Honor and Resident Evil and Soul Caliber for the people who prefer a bit more action in their games. Super Smash Brothers Melee was a great game for all ages. There is no blood and gore, but its still very fun for older audiences. Also, you can learn to play in half an hour, but its impossible to master, making the replayability great.
However, I have to agree that nintendo is going way overboard with mario party.

I may sound like a fanboy, and I suppose I probably am a little biased towards nintendo. I'm not totally against Sony and Microsoft, their systems are great too, I just prefer Nintendo's systems because of the fact that they are friendly to all ages. If you want to whine that my opinions differ from yours, go cry to your mommy.

#50632 At2k Mod

Posted by ACLakeside on 26 March 2005 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

If you think its good with a crayola on, rip off the crayola and try an 8-inch brass, petg, or cpvc. It will be much better(ranges of 90' - 100' flat)

#50187 Ipods

Posted by ACLakeside on 21 March 2005 - 06:55 PM in Off Topic

I too am planning on buying an ipod mini. However, I have a question. My friend recently (2-3 weeks ago) bought a new mini. The wheel is touch sensitive, but you can also push the sides of it and they are like little buttons. Is this the click wheel or the touch wheel, because I am sure that that is the kind I want.

Thanks!

#46725 New Lbb

Posted by ACLakeside on 30 January 2005 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

Well, I was at walmart yesterday and when I went to the nerf section, they had some first shots. I looked for max shots but they didn't have any. Also, I found this weird Lanard gun. It had a rocket similiar to a titan missle, but the gun was basically a long extendable stick that is hand-powered. It was only $3 but I didn't buy it because it didn't seem to have much potential.

I have also heard of people getting Lanard guns at TRU. Mine does have blast bazookas, but my neighbor bought one and it sucked, so I'm not sure if I want to buy one.

#44620 General Stefan Questions/comments

Posted by ACLakeside on 23 December 2004 - 11:19 AM in General Nerf

Edit: Nevermind, Cx beat me.

#44301 Do Airtechs Suck?

Posted by ACLakeside on 18 December 2004 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

Okay, so first off you'll need to decide what barrel material to use, to make it single or multi-barreled, and any other extra things you might want to do(paint it, add a strap, integrate with other guns, etc.)

For barrel materials, you could choose from copper, brass, PETG, CPVC, PVC. In this case, you'll probably want to use micros(they go farther because they are smaller and you have more barrel choices) so we can rule out the 1/2 PVC. Now we have the other 4. Brass is probably the best because it comes in various sizes to get a perfect fit for the dart. It is also the most expensive at around $2.50 a foot and can dent fairly easily. Next best would most likely be PETG. PETG is a clear plastic tube that is fairly hard to find(you will probably have to order online. It is very light and costs between $.75 - $1.50 a foot. Copper usually as a pretty loose fit on the darts, so I wouldn't recommend it for the Air Tech 2000. Also, it is fairly heavy and I'm not sure on the pricing, but I think it is around PETG prices. CPVC is very tight fitting but I prefer it because it has pretty good range and is very cheap($3.00 for 10 feet) and available as it can be found at any hardware store.

Now, you need to decide whether to make it single or multi-barreled. The advantages of single barrel are better range (by about 10 to 20 feet) and you can make a breech loader for faster ROF(rate of fire). However, range isn't everything and you may want to consider a multi-barrel mod for a pretty fast ROF but you will need a ramrod(in most cases).

#44299 Sharpie Markers

Posted by ACLakeside on 18 December 2004 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

Wow. I am working on my AT2K right now with a black sharpie and I like how it is working out. The coat is a little uneven looking from close up (say like, a foot or less), but it looks very nice from a little bit farther away.

Edit: Okay I just finished it and it looks great here's a picture. It's a little small so you can click on it if you want.
Posted Image

I like how it looks, but it smells like sharpie if you get too close and the feel is a little weird. However, it worked well, but I would still use paint because it is easier and you doesn't take as long.

#44297 Do Airtechs Suck?

Posted by ACLakeside on 18 December 2004 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

This is pretty normal, but you are in luck because it is great once you modify it. Post what materials do you have and I can help you with a mod.

#43764 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by ACLakeside on 11 December 2004 - 11:51 AM in General Nerf

First of all, please don't post in old topics. I know that mattpaintballer was only about a week ago, but if you looked back a few more posts, you would see that the last post was in late July.

Also, we are probably not going to get the colored FBR because ShortShit hasn't replied for quite some time.

And we don't paint the darts because it would be too much extra effort, the darts probably wouldn't fly as far, and the paint would rub off pretty fast.

#43289 Nitefinder Feng Shui

Posted by ACLakeside on 04 December 2004 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

That sounds like a pretty interesting cosmetic mod. Good Luck with this.

#42517 Nintendo Ds

Posted by ACLakeside on 25 November 2004 - 05:34 PM in Off Topic

No, the DS will play any previous Gameboy games, and its own games.

#40708 Hey

Posted by ACLakeside on 03 November 2004 - 06:58 PM in General Nerf

Okay, Thanks!

#40694 Hey

Posted by ACLakeside on 03 November 2004 - 06:30 PM in General Nerf

Where can you buy a RF20? I haven't seen any in stores and the ones on ebay are $30.