ejrasmussen's Content

There have been 175 items by ejrasmussen (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#337575 Terrible Tornado (photo heavy)

Posted by ejrasmussen on 21 March 2014 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

Get one of roboman's 3D printed 2K turrets, they work amazingly, and you don't have to do much to get them to work, unlike stock turrets which can be hard to persuade.

An entire 3D printed turret? How much do they go for, cheaper than regular 2K turrets?

#337574 Coming back to Nerf

Posted by ejrasmussen on 21 March 2014 - 09:57 PM in General Nerf

Welcome back. It's great to see people coming back to the hobby. There really hasn't been too much to replace quadshot'esque classics primary wise.

I've noticed that the new quadshots have a different shell, are the internals pretty much the same? IIRC some guns got changes throughout their lifetime that made modding much harder, such as the Nitefinder.

#337564 Coming back to Nerf

Posted by ejrasmussen on 20 March 2014 - 11:41 PM in General Nerf

Welcome back to the nerfhaven.

Thanks man, really appreciate all the effort you put into your reply. I remember the real downside of flywheels was the constant spinning sound, do the new flywheel guns only start spinning when you pull the trigger or something? What are some of the good new moddable guns out there now?

#337562 Coming back to Nerf

Posted by ejrasmussen on 20 March 2014 - 09:17 PM in General Nerf

To start this off I'm not sure if this really belongs here or in Off Topic, I haven't really been on the forums for around 4 years or so so I apologize if this in the wrong area.

I used to be a lurker on the forums but a largely active member in Nerf, modding guns, making homemades and having neighborhood wars with kids my age and even ones half my age. I started to grow apart from it after some time and eventually never really participated in it or any of the forums. I became active in other hobbies such as track & field, cross country running, cross country skiing and video games. This all lasted up until graduating from high school and starting college, I can't really participate in these sports anymore unless I want to dedicate an extreme chunk of my life to collegiate sports. And without a legitimate hobby I've felt like something is missing in my life all I do now is play video games and go to classes. I'd really like to get back into Nerf once again just to have something to do!

So on to the real point of this topic, I'm very curious of the current state of Nerf. To give you a gauge of when I left it was around the time that someone/some people (Ryan Mcnumbers I think) started making +bows with actual PVC arms instead of springs, and people were looking into drilling holes into the back of stefans to make them more front heavy and fly faster. What I'd like to know is how has Nerf changed since I left? Longshots, XBows, +Bows, and Quadshots were generally accepted as great primaries, have new guns gained dominance or has it remained relatively the same? What impact has 3D printers had on Nerf homemades ad well as modifications? Who currently are really great forerunners in the advancement of Nerf? Has Nerf started to make more guns with regular plungers instead of their horrible reverse plungers? How has the community changed over the years, is NerfHaven still the largest forum, are people leaving Nerf for other interests etc...

I'm sorry if all of this seems a bit much I'm just really curious at what all has happened since I was gone.

#301563 Near-Semi-Auto Rifle

Posted by ejrasmussen on 15 July 2011 - 12:21 AM in Modifications

It seems like this would work good with a hopper, have you tried one out?

#281783 Nerf Spectre Rev-5 Reviews

Posted by ejrasmussen on 01 August 2010 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

Um, how much is 115 = to in USD?

Its about 15 USD.

#280028 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by ejrasmussen on 12 July 2010 - 01:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe. I might have conflicting events.

#279937 3 Shot Sspb

Posted by ejrasmussen on 10 July 2010 - 10:55 PM in Modifications

Dark Ninja- I have had the same problem happen to me recently, I fixed the problem by just going crazy with the trigger, like moving it around, pushing it in a circular motion around the rim of the base. I hope you find this useful.

#279778 Ben's Wtb

Posted by ejrasmussen on 08 July 2010 - 08:09 PM in Modifications

Even though this is in the modifications section I guess I'll still post, I have a SSPB with a CPVC barrel replacement and the pump plugged, also I have an extra Vulcan chain.

#277603 Litter Box Core

Posted by ejrasmussen on 13 June 2010 - 03:38 PM in Homemades

Why not just cover the holes with paper? It would be easily penetrable, and I am sure that the darts would stay in.

#276901 Hornet As-6 Modification

Posted by ejrasmussen on 05 June 2010 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

I know I am necroing my own topic, but this is a relevant post.

Apparently this mod does not work with anyone else!

I have gotten too many PM's asking me how I pulled off the barrels so easily, I must have gotten a Hornet with loose barrels, If there is anyone who has successfully followed my write up, please say so that I can get a count of if this mod actually works on other Hornets.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#276782 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by ejrasmussen on 04 June 2010 - 04:14 AM in Off Topic

Hello guys, I think I remember posting is a steam thread one or two years ago, I just got back into nerfing after I saw a whole bunch of new guns at Walmart. So anyways:
Steam ID: Jwrazmo
Games: Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Portal, Counter Strike: Source, Garry's Mod, Plain Sight (Great indie game!), Half Life 2, Sam and Max: The Devil's Toy box, Synergy.

Note: This is not all of my games, this is the games I frequently play.

#276773 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by ejrasmussen on 04 June 2010 - 12:06 AM in News

Ugh, I am so tired of reverse plungers.

#276710 Semi-auto Shotgun

Posted by ejrasmussen on 03 June 2010 - 06:45 AM in Homemades

You just blew my mind, seriously. The shotgun barrel is so simple but yet so ingenious that I now feel like an idiot for never thinking of this, I just got back into Nerf this summer after a while of a break and this is the only thread I am actually intrigued to post in because this idea is so amazing. Now I really feel like making a HAMP. Keep up with the sweet homemades.

Also do the stripes represent how many kills you get with it in 5 seconds?

Edit: Checked out your videos on youtube, was amazed, then clicked Subscribe.

#248255 District 9

Posted by ejrasmussen on 23 August 2009 - 03:56 AM in Off Topic

I think district 9 was a very good movie. Saying that, I am not sure how I think it places against star trek because I have forgotten all about star trek over the summer, but all I want to do is say what I thought about District 9. First of all the aliens were amazing, they looked so real. There were shadows on them there was dirt all over them when they moved they brushed up dirt and the way they moved looked like they were living creatures. I persoally thought the plot was very good having a man that was an enemy to the praws but llater in the movie he needs their help.

#237666 Consumed By Video Games

Posted by ejrasmussen on 20 June 2009 - 07:20 PM in Off Topic

Hello Everyone, I have been gone for quite a while now, during the time I have been gone I have been overly obsessing with video games. I cant even recall the last time I had a nerf war. So this is why I am here, I want to get back into nerf but I am to addicted to video games I need your guys' help.

Sincerely.
E.J.

#223755 Steam Account

Posted by ejrasmussen on 15 April 2009 - 01:16 AM in Off Topic

My steam Id: jwrazmo
Games I play: Gmod, TF2, CS:S, HL2, L4D, and more.

#204256 The Playstation Network Topic

Posted by ejrasmussen on 17 January 2009 - 08:53 PM in Off Topic

I'm up for this weekend or whenever. Just add me when you feel like playing.
Once again PSN= johnniemetro

#203507 The Playstation Network Topic

Posted by ejrasmussen on 15 January 2009 - 02:17 AM in Off Topic

My PSN account is johnniemetro i have COD4, Uncharted drakes fortune, Warhawk, rock band, Rock band 2, Resistance fall of man, Resistance 2, GTA 4, Ratchet and clank future tools of destruction, Ratchet and clank future quest for booty, Little big planet, Echochrome, Motorstorm, Transformers, Turning point fall of liberty, Metal gear solid 4,Haze , and last but not least ABBA sing star :blush: i get on every day and will probably try and make it to the Cod 4 nerfhaven thingy.

#196269 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by ejrasmussen on 15 December 2008 - 12:07 AM in Off Topic

Fallout 3.

#196268 Ol' Painless (updated With Video December 20th)

Posted by ejrasmussen on 15 December 2008 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

Isn't the rare hunting rifle in Fallout 3 called ol' painless?

Sure is.

Personally I prefer Lincoln's Repeater.

I use the terrible shotgun and the xuanlong assault rifle.
What platform do you have it for.

#196254 Ol' Painless (updated With Video December 20th)

Posted by ejrasmussen on 14 December 2008 - 11:14 PM in Modifications

Isn't the rare hunting rifle in Fallout 3 called ol' painless?

#196253 Semi-auto Super Maxx3000

Posted by ejrasmussen on 14 December 2008 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

When I saw that pic I jizzed in my pants
Anyways I would never had thought that the rotation mech was like that. Also for now is it just hooked up to a compressor, or do you have a tank and if so how many shots can you get with it.

#190849 Hornet Barrel Replacement

Posted by ejrasmussen on 19 November 2008 - 10:55 PM in Modifications

The White plate is a very large air restrictor.

#190662 Hornet Barrel Replacement

Posted by ejrasmussen on 18 November 2008 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

When you look down the barrels do you see gray at the bottom?

#190618 Hornet Barrel Replacement

Posted by ejrasmussen on 18 November 2008 - 08:50 PM in Modifications

As I can tell you are having troubles with your hornet mod. To actually get rid of all of the air restrictors i suggest doing my mod. If you've tried it but can't get the barrels out with the screw driver than i suggest getting a dremel and cutting the bottom mid section of the barrels that attatches to the shell with a cutting disk. From there you should be able to ory the barrels off from the black cassings. If not just cutt off the cassings, im sure it wont do any harm.

#182857 Cosmetically, What Can I Change?

Posted by ejrasmussen on 10 October 2008 - 06:55 PM in Homemades

Gah , how in the world did you do that in google sketch-up.

#178816 Spore.

Posted by ejrasmussen on 22 September 2008 - 03:16 PM in Off Topic

Last night I got it. Right now I am in the creature strage of evolution. The game is extremely interesting. When you start out you start as a cell. You make the choice to become a carnivore omnivore or herbavoir. I chose a carnivore. Throught the cell stage I ate many cells and eventually got to the top of the food chain. When you mate with your own species you get to customize your creature. This is when you get to choose what your cell will do. When you become a creature you have to learn how to hunt and gather food. thats all for now ill share more when i ghet home

#178553 Spore.

Posted by ejrasmussen on 21 September 2008 - 12:47 AM in Off Topic

I have seen topics about this on at least three different forums. I am not one for online games but what is the real plot of the game?

It is a game where you create your own species and play as your species as you go into evolution and eventually become an intellegent lifeform. Also the game is single player but you can have other peoples speciees in your game.

#178530 Pumpkin Carvings...post Your Own.

Posted by ejrasmussen on 20 September 2008 - 10:33 PM in Off Topic

I dont think it is weird. Captain Slug is a nerf idol. He has came up with countless contributions for the nerf community, personally I think we all should make a bomberman jack-o-lantern for halloween.

#178511 Spore.

Posted by ejrasmussen on 20 September 2008 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

Huh I havent heard of that but now that makes me want to buy it even more.
Also if anyone is interested my spore page is http://www.spore.com...ile/ejrasmussen

#178498 Spore.

Posted by ejrasmussen on 20 September 2008 - 09:03 PM in Off Topic

There is this new game called spore out for the pc. I just have the trial version which you only get to make creatures but even though it is only a trial it has gotten me hooked to it. The trial can be found at www.spore.com and you can even download the whole game off of the internet instead of you having to go to your local store. It looks like a great game and i cant wait to get it.

#169625 Hell Before Halloween. #2

Posted by ejrasmussen on 16 August 2008 - 12:37 AM in Nerf Wars

I think I will be able to get my pasport in time to maybe come to this one. I was wondering about the airlines at Pearson international, Does alaska airlines fly there because my mom is a flight attendant and I get fre tickets on alaska air .

#166847 Homemade Magazine

Posted by ejrasmussen on 06 August 2008 - 03:18 PM in Homemades

For my homemade logshot clips i used reactor spring.

#164514 Beta Testors Needed

Posted by ejrasmussen on 25 July 2008 - 06:58 PM in Off Topic

Im preety sure that that engine is fps creator. It's real fun you can make pistols that are auto shotguns.

#163763 Magstrike Clip Mod For A Magstrike Clip And Gun Mod

Posted by ejrasmussen on 22 July 2008 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

Its not actually that cold skinny dipping up here.

#162968 I'm Not Allowed To Help The Environment

Posted by ejrasmussen on 16 July 2008 - 04:41 AM in Off Topic

Wait a sec. Your under 13?

#162795 Nite-finder Mrt-6

Posted by ejrasmussen on 14 July 2008 - 06:46 PM in Modifications

I added some etape to the base of brass to create a seal. You can see it in one of my pics.

#162731 Vr Jspb

Posted by ejrasmussen on 14 July 2008 - 05:14 AM in General Nerf

This looks really cool but I can not play it. I downloaded it but, when I open it, it opens in a note pad with a huge wall of random text.

Edit: nevermind I found out.

#161003 Highest Form Of Flattery.

Posted by ejrasmussen on 30 June 2008 - 03:34 PM in Modifications

Someone at NHQ made one. link