MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#67613 The Shoes Heely's

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 November 2005 - 09:07 PM in Off Topic

60 dollars for shoes that I would make fun of you for are a waste of money in my opinion.

Funny how that's coming out of a skater's mouth; skate shoes are hella expensive. I'm talking $75-100 for a pair.

Davis and Uncle Hammer, you're both retards.

I have Heelys, they're fun for messing around. You can't skate in them though. They're hella comfortable, unlike my VANS.

Beaver, cleaning out the wheels is simple. The axle is like a two-piece screw, you just twist it and the wheel and bearings come out. Wipe it with a tissue, put some graphite on it, and twist it back together. Simple as that.

#65838 4b - The Bacon Bow (semi-automatic Bbb)

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 October 2005 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

Oh my God, and I spent all that time typing out a detailed description of the action on the BBB.

Quit whining, it was one freakin' sentence dude. Get over it.

Murakumo, it pushes a piece of brass over another piece of brass, thus closing the breech and creating a seal.

PissBacon, that is fucking sweet.

#64837 25yr Old Homeade Genius

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 October 2005 - 01:13 PM in Off Topic

Why am I always late?

Happy belated birthday, and don't get caught with the guns!

#64835 Air Tech 2000 Mods?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 October 2005 - 01:02 PM in Modifications

*Cough*

#64285 New Clip

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 September 2005 - 10:26 PM in Homemades

I beleive he is thinking of something similar to the way a Lee Enfeild rifle is loaded, stripper clips. Good idea.

Haha, you said stripper clips! Kidding aside, what's a stripper clip?

#64208 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 September 2005 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

But you can get off two shots very quickly which in essence is like having a double shot gun that you hold with both of your hands.

Key words being "in essence"

#64206 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 September 2005 - 06:15 PM in General Nerf

If you dual weild them then it's no longer a single shot. Is it not?

If I carry around seven PVC'd Crossbows - two in each hand, one on a strap on my back, and two in my pockets - does that make them fully automatic?

So to answer your question: No, it is not. It is still single shot.

Edit: Typo

#64138 Question About Ompa's Titan Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 September 2005 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

It depends on your PETG. There are different sizes of PETG. There is no best barrel, it has to be what fits your darts. Nobody can tell you if there's a difference in performance between PVC and PETG because your milage is likely to vary.

ompas mod uses SCH80 PVC. To work with PETG you would have to use SCH40 PVC and coupler, and nest the PETG in the PVC. You wold only need a couple inches of PVC since it wouldn't be your main barrel.

#64114 Ammo Belt

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 September 2005 - 05:54 PM in Homemades

You could make one out of duct tape. Cut two really long strips and place one face-up on your working area. Place the other face down so it's halfway on the other strip and halfway on the table. Fold the stick edges down so there's no sticky piece showing. Then you can glue CPVC or something around the belt/bandolier.

#64112 Zero/unknown Breech

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 September 2005 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

Alright thanks.

Would my idea work though?

#64014 Zero/unknown Breech

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 September 2005 - 05:57 PM in Homemades

I was just looking at the Zero Breech thing under Homemades here on the Haven, and I started thinking. With that breech, you pull the 1/2" barrel out a bit, drop a dart in, and push the barrel back in. Well since PVC isn't extremely thing like brass or PETG, wouldn't the dart have a bit of trouble getting into the 1/2"?

So I was wondering if this would work: Do the same thing, but cut a hole in the 1/2" PVC too. Line up the holes and drop a dart in, then twist the 1/2" PVC. Would this work better or worse than the Zero breech, or not at all?

#64011 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 September 2005 - 05:39 PM in General Nerf

Just thought I'd add this. My local TRU (Totowa, NJ) has recently stocked up on BBB's. No joke there were at least a dozen on the shelf, of which I bought 3. The best part however, is that they were only 19.99 instead of 24.99 as others have reported.

*sigh* which means they'll be ~$32 here.

I wish it was at Target instead of TRU, because TRU always seems to inflate the prices. Anyone else notice this, or is it just the TRU in my town?

#64010 Happy Birthday Uncle Pinney!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 September 2005 - 05:36 PM in Off Topic

Damn I'm late.

Happy belated birthday!

#63872 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 September 2005 - 08:07 PM in Off Topic

Baseball:shortstop.

Haha, the short kid plays shortstop. I hate baseball but whatever floats your boat, even if it is steroids I guess...

I'd like to play lacrosse, it sounds cool, as does skateboarding. I inline skate and play soccer (forward and midfield). I like to ski too.

#63763 Nerf Flash Game

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 September 2005 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

Go to the NHQ gallery and Grant Theft Nerf is there.

With god as my witness, my game will be nothing near that horrible. In fact, it will be very similar to this previous Flash game i made.

Burned. Didn't DJ make GTN?

Good luck with your game, hope it turns out good.

#63715 Just To Clarify Things

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 September 2005 - 08:38 PM in Off Topic

I kind of figured it wasn't you, but its good to know that I wasn't mistaken.

That dude was just weird.

#63436 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 September 2005 - 04:52 PM in General Nerf

LBB's work better with darts because of size and aerodynamics and stuff.

So ultimately, it's more practical to use stefans than to use arrows/missles?

Your kidding right? Darts are smaller, more accurate, cheaper, get better range, and have much higher velocities then arrows. Common sense man.

Yeah but for indoor/unmodded/air-restrictor-removal-only wars, the Blast Bazooka missiles and Max Shot bombs are a lot of fun, and pretty practical too. They bounce really well which is useful and hella cool. If you know how to use them, you can win wars with them.

#63408 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 September 2005 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

es the Koosh things get pretty good range and amazing accuracy, but they're not good for so-called "losing." See if your Tornado gets 80 feet flat accurately (I have no idea what ranges they get, I've just heard good about them) and you try to hit me from 70 feet, I'm just going to step to the side a couple feet and rush you. Those things take forever to load, especially because of the slider thing. If you take that off it gets faster, but its still a bit slow RoF.

Edit: SG Pilot, LBB's work better with darts because of size and aerodynamics and stuff.

#63286 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by MattPaintballer on 07 September 2005 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

The Grenade's got some distance!
(The Tapping sounds are the stefans hitting the fence)

And I don't think the other Grenades, suck at all. I've made, Taita's Grenade, and NerfMonkey's Grenades, and they both work quite well.

I haven't tried NerfMonkey's grenade (but I should since I have a spare maverick spring) but Tait's Anzac grenades seen like they would work really well, if only I could find a rubber band that fits. Right now I only have 7" rubber bands (they fit perfectly doubled over Nite Finders) so they don't work very well :lol:

I'm really liking this grenade though. It seems the easiest to throw and stuff. I gotta pick up some of those frisbees.

#63226 The Loud Nf

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 September 2005 - 07:54 PM in General Nerf

I found that taking the spring out completely greatly decreases the amount of noise the NF makes. Of course, you're going to sacrifice a little bit of range but your gun will be so quiet you can basically sneak up and barrel tap your opponents instead of shooting them anyways.

That's the best way to go, but if you want a little more range you can just use foam craft sheet, A.K.A. Foamies. Remember that fun little foam-ish paper-ish stuff from when you were 6? Just cut two circles of that and glue it on the back of the plunger head. Hot glue will NOT burn/melt the foam, maybe if its on "high" I don't know I just use "low."

Has anyone tried putting foam on the front of the plunger head? What I mean by this is the part that hits against the air restrictor, not the part that the spring touches.

Posted Image

#63209 Prototype Trampoline Spring Nerf Cannon

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 September 2005 - 06:20 PM in Homemades

Hmm, interesting idea.

I wonder how powerful it will be. I remember when I was helping put our trampoline together it was pretty hard to stretch the springs from the tarp to the base ring thing. I had to use the hook from a bungie cord to do it.

Yeah I was thinking of the spring flying out, too. On a trampoline the springs are already pulled a bit so they don't fly off and kill somebody in the face, but you're not going to be holding the spring back all the time (that would hurt after a while).

By the way, I'm digging your signature.

#63206 Homade Pump-action Rifle

Posted by MattPaintballer on 06 September 2005 - 06:11 PM in Homemades

In other news, I have been noticing a recent trend.  New members that use the baby stewie avatar get the 9999 special an overwhelming amount of times.  Whereas the users that have the Peter Griffin avatar are just annoying as hell.  Anyone else notice this trend?

Hey! Sorry if I'm annoying. I'm going to go change my avatar... Those PM's are funny, Shindig.

Nice one cx.

#63081 "j" & "le Grill"

Posted by MattPaintballer on 05 September 2005 - 01:33 PM in Modifications

I would make a trigger guard. Personaly I hate guns without one. Looks and feels weird.

Yeah and you can't spin it without one either.

I was never a fan of black guns/milsim, but whatever floats your boat.

#62954 Happy Birthday Bad Karma!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 September 2005 - 12:28 AM in Off Topic

Happy birthday. What NerfMonkey said

#62945 Gas Prices

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 September 2005 - 09:00 PM in Off Topic

I'd be curious to know how much the government wastes trying to get rid of pot. That's an even more pointless exercise than the war.

I don't know if this is true or not, but one of my friends told me that the government spent more money trying to get rid of marijuana than all the other illegal drugs combined. Which reminds me...

"...third world countries like Canada"
- Our President

I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies.

You're a genius. *added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole*

#62943 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 September 2005 - 08:43 PM in Off Topic

F@H just isn't working anymore.

I was on vacation and completed multiple WUs, all of which were rejected.

I think my computer is slowing down, too.

Anyone else notice this besides the all-mighty Pineapple (you have a sweet golf cart if you're reading this, by the way) and myself?

#62909 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 September 2005 - 11:48 PM in Off Topic

I'm suprised a little old group of nerf fanatics have gone so far on F@H

Has the Revenge of the Nerds series taught you nothing? Never underestimate the power of nerds or their computers in large groups.

Yeah but we passed up Folding@MENSA. How the hell did that happen?

Fold on or fuck off, bitches.

#62836 Gas Prices

Posted by MattPaintballer on 31 August 2005 - 07:24 PM in Off Topic

I hope this isn't considered spam or against the rules. If it is, I apologize.

Sept. 1,3, and 11th are national no gas buying days.  If most of the country doesn't buy any gas on those days the oil companies will go near bankrupt and have to lower their prices to stay ahead.  Just something to think about.

#62679 Punisher Skull On My Ar

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 August 2005 - 08:05 PM in Off Topic

It looks badass either way, but I think it looks better on the gun, not the magazine.

It's your kickass gun though so do do what you want.

#62452 I'm Back From Outer Space

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 August 2005 - 03:24 AM in Off Topic

Blech.

Today Project Wisdom has licensed more than 12,500 schools in 50 states, reaching more than four million students each school day.

That's just sad.

And hilarious at the same time.

#62429 I'm Back From Outer Space

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 August 2005 - 05:06 PM in Off Topic

make it great day ... or not, the choice is yours.

Holy shit, deja vu. Oh wait nevermind that was our school "TV station"

I liked the Ultimate Nite Finder. Everybody who didn't just said that because it was too badass for them. They couldn't accept the fact that the Ultimate NF was better than their gun.

#62407 Other Nerf Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 August 2005 - 01:16 PM in General Nerf

There is one gun that thay sell at wallgreens. It has a five shot clip and a top cocker. I think it costs about three dollars.

They have that same gun at my local K-Mart. I was thinking of buying one, doing a barrel and spring replacement. I think you might be able to get atleast 30 feet with it.

To answer you question. Well I can't answer that because I think they covered all the ones I know.

Could it be the infamous WCLP?

Mod on YakMan's site

Edit: Whoa LMA those guns are pretty cool. Too bad only nanos fit.

#62371 Firefly In Stock At Walmart.com And Dart Tag

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 August 2005 - 10:55 PM in General Nerf

That would be really hard to get the timing right though. It is timed so that the turret rotates and shoots for every trigger pull, which is perfect for the FF but its trigger pull is most likely different than that of an AT2K.

What you could do to remedy this though is to hook up the FF's cocking mechanism to the firing pin of the AT2K, so you pull back the orange slider to shoot, and just pull the trigger to line up the barrels. This would only work if the turret mechanism is like the Maverick's - a full trigger pull (not the release) lines up the barrels, and a full trigger release gets them unaligned.

#62369 Other Nerf Guns?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 August 2005 - 10:25 PM in General Nerf

The Total X-treme air series is arguably the best foam blaster line still avaliable.

Over the Airtechs? No.

Dude he said "arguably." See there's this thing called opinion, and yours isn't the only one out there.

#62368 Baghead's Maverick Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 August 2005 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

Bags, nice mod.

I think I'm scarred for life.

#62276 Wildfire Predetor Style

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 August 2005 - 09:36 AM in Modifications

Ehh AVP the movie was okay. The game is hella badass though.

And if you got this to work, that would be even more hella badass!

It sounds hard to do though. You'll probably end up having leaks so you should use vinyl and a lot of plumber's goop to try and prevent that. Also, how are you going to attach the Wildfire(s)? I think pinhead's idea was good - putting it on a shoulder pad.

This reminds me of something.

Posted Image

Good luck with your schweet idea.

#62235 Ompa

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 August 2005 - 02:21 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday ompa!

Stay cool B) :lol:

#62221 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 August 2005 - 11:54 PM in Off Topic

My computer:

Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz, 512 MB SDRAM

My points are a little low and are going to be that way for a couple days cuz I'm uploading CD's into iTunes.

#62153 Firefly In Stock At Walmart.com And Dart Tag

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 August 2005 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

I saw them at the TRU in Vegas near the mall.

Dart Tag: $41.99
Firefly: $24.99

I think those are the highest prices we've seen aren't they?

#62152 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by MattPaintballer on 17 August 2005 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

If you look at the trigger, notice how it is shaped like a U and fits over that little rod.

To fix that horrible trigger pull, I just put some hot glue on the back of the U. It's easier to layer the glue rather than just globbing it on; put a bead around the U and let it dry, then put another bead over that, let it dry, etc.