Fu-BJ's Content

There have been 20 items by Fu-BJ (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#297887 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 05 May 2011 - 07:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

Sample packs available

http://cgi.ebay.com....e=STRK:MESOX:IT

#297837 Massacre 6

Posted by Fu-BJ on 04 May 2011 - 06:05 AM in Nerf Wars

When I get the money for this shit. I'm going to fly from Australia to Canada just to attend Massacre - might I add maybe you should have another achievement called

Sharpshooter - Person who scores a "HIT" from the furthest distance

It would be interesting to see who can pull that off :P

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the video!

#297592 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 26 April 2011 - 10:35 PM in Darts and Barrels

In regards, to hoppers. I'm not sure what the issue is with streamlines as I haven't used them yet. But the heads are much more solid than streamlines, they aren't hollow and don't compress. That said they don't leave nasty welts like plastic caps or metal tips and the sting from these out of a 4B is reduced from experience by at least half. I have tested them out of RSCB setups if that's any help and they work fine hitting about 130FT out of a triple shot setup.

@ blue

The blue foam has an increased density and slightly smaller hole than Nerf is using, but not small enough to affect someone using a stock gun. You'll need something ridiculous to blow holes in this foam.

@ darksircam

I will have sample packs up on ebay shortly. I already have some guys at Nerf Revolution looking to bring in a large amount to supply which ever side of the US. I believe perhaps working with one-two people on each side of your country to distribute them out might be a good option. As for me to ship a 500g parcel to any part of the US is $15.00 which blows it out of the water. However drop shipping can solve that issue and avoid the freight costs altogether and then anyone ordering smaller amounts only has local within US freight which is much cheaper.

I have this method going in Singapore through Hanzo on their forums. I basically supply the foam and tips direct to him at a heavily discounted rate very close to my cost, then he distributes it to the of the community.

#297531 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 25 April 2011 - 08:22 AM in Darts and Barrels

Reading SGNerf's review, it seems as if they are not 100% silicone. Then again I've never snorted silicone so I wouldn't know what it smells like (if you've read his review). Would that have to do with the ability to use superglue to fix them to the darts? From what I've been reading about silicone tips, it seems that gluing them to anything is a complete bitch. However if that solves the problem I would say it's an ingenious solution.

I have the ROS certification that these are 100% silicone here, but you never know what actually ends up in these products as there is a number of factors which could cause a change. Superglue according to my supplier is the only cost effective way to bond these two types together, you can see in the video I'm shoving the heads in really easily as superglue is paper thin.

I'd never seen this article until now, good to see someone is further testing :)

#297527 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 25 April 2011 - 07:48 AM in Darts and Barrels

Littlebro has left me with his login to reply.

@ Chaospropel

Nice looking darts are good to, I'll agree. But really once you start warring every second week, it's ridiculous to supply 30-40 person wars constantly, especially when your spending more time making darts than playing. Our public generally looks down on dodgy looking darts, but when they walk past and see something which looks safe, they think positive about what's going on and it gets the parents of the younger kids approval to.

@ andtheherois

Posted Image

You can see the tip has a stub which holds it in. The adhesive used to bond silicone and Foam together is just your cheap store super glue. You can do roughly 100 darts with a packet which costs $1.00. The tips themselves are solid silicone, so they may work in your hopper, you can't manipulate the shape of the head by pushing on it like streamlines. I haven't built one myself but they work flawless in RSCB setups.

You can easily customise the weight of the dart by cutting the stub down to, a lot of our community is into stock guns for some silly reason. So when they purchase these the trend is cutting off the stubs to get less weight, after testing this out of lower powered reverse plungers you'll notice and instant 4-5 Meter (15FT) increase on range. But out of 4B's, Titans and anything shooting in excess of 100FT most guns are accurate at what you are aiming at at a pretty good distance.

I can't see why it isn't possible in using them in blank FBR stefans if you cut the hole right. Hell you could even cut the stub off completely and super glue them on. The bond is exceptionally strong. The full tip weighs 1.6-1.7g. Cutting off the stub will bring it down to about 1.2-1.3 which would imitate a BB weight I guess.

#297523 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 25 April 2011 - 04:15 AM in Darts and Barrels

Hey Guys

Thought I'd let you know what inf0rm3r @ oznerf has been been working on over here in Australia for the last year. Video pretty much explains his two current completed projects.

First project was a Custom Tubular foam, second was 1.7g safe Silicone tipped dart heads. Video also shows how much time this method saves in creating darts. 50 Darts in 3 minutes and 38 seconds.

From May 15, both Pink and Blue will be available.

He doesn't have a user account activated here so I have posted it on his be-half.

#296811 Internal Air Compressor Titan (nerf Modification)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 29 March 2011 - 03:07 AM in Modifications

I wasn't trying to be a "ignorant 13YO" about this, I was just curious. But, since you're taking it there... That 40-50 dollar thing would get you the hornet and the scout. Those will cut the price down to about 20 dollars, would it not? I can understand the airsoft battery thing, but I would hope that you know you don't have to get the better ones. Cheaper ones work. Your total cost is more like 75 dollars, unless I'm missing something. I would never sell or buy a nerf gun filled with LEDs for 100 dollars. That is ridiculous. In fact, you can buy LEDs super cheap here (on ebay, from china). It would cost about 20 to make one. Paying 100 dollars for ANY maverick is just stupid. I don't care if it has lights and was touched by jesus. Make me a gold plated one. I might pay 100 for it... Toss a few diamonds and maybe a ruby or two in there.

Sorry. It's hard to interpret the tone of people over the internet. I was the one who was acting like the ignorant (and arrogant) 13YO. I'm 19 by the way <,<.

Fortunately, the ebay market have 'stupid' users who CBF doing an LED Maverick themselves, and that's where you get the $100 from. This includes the aesthetic mods that nerfnerdaniel does. His stuff is full of sh*t and just there for asthetics. Nerf forum members generally go for purchasing Nerf Blasters with 'performance' over looks.

Nope. Here in Australia Nerf Unity Titan packs costs $70. So that drops down $40-$50. That's already almost half the cost of the Titan. However, you need to pop into the modders seat (which you did with the LED Mavs), would you spend 5-8hours on a creation that would dominate the playing field and sell it at cost price?

1. It's got an AC and Batt
2. It's got an back-up pump when the AC runs out
3. Charges under... I'm not sure, check the video.
4. Put multiple darts there - your hit% will increase dramatically
5. When the enemies here the nenenenenenene from the AC, they will flinch.
6. It's compact and doesn't have leads pulling from anywhere (unlike the uin13 design, and many others), you won't snag it on something.
7. Can still use Titan Rockets (not demonstrated in the video)

Disadvantages>
1. Costly of $200 commissioned (w/o postage) (worth it though?)
2. Pretty heavy, but if you have a hefty dominant arm, it'll be like a feather.

@Utahnerf - I'm not actually too sure where my friend got his battery sack from, he might of sowed it haha.

My friend has commissioned one, but you get to choose what you want on it. The one he commissioned though didn't have the external manual pump as it was not requested.

#296755 Internal Air Compressor Titan (nerf Modification)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 28 March 2011 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

Buying a new Titan here still costs at least $50, plus shipping since I haven't seen one in a store for a long time. These guys are also in Australia, which I seem to remember reading has some pretty high markups on Nerf guns.

Edit: Dang, that's what I get for being slow and double checking prices while I post.

It would be cool to see some pictures of the inside though.

Thank you for understanding VelveetaAvenger! You actually understand the value of Nerf Blasters. We get alot of those people from the Oznerf forums who 'question' the value of Blasters without prior research. I wish alot more people like yourself would do the research before making statements :).

It's like the old question of Blaster Vs Blaster? What should I get.

#296753 Internal Air Compressor Titan (nerf Modification)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 28 March 2011 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

You have to be joking with the 120 dollars in parts thing... And 200 dollars for this? The titan costs around 20, and you can get those air compressors here for around 10 (if not cheaper). Where does the rest come in?

Hmm. You forget that I live in Australia. It costs about $40-$50 to get one of these in Australia. $15 for the compressor. $30-$40 for the Airsoft / Tamiya Battery and Charger. Schrader valve $5. Switches and wires $10. Tubing replacements $5. Did you remember to take everything of those accounts into consideration? Nope.

Never assume, you'll make an ass out of you and me. Nevermind that, you just made yourself look like an ignorant 13YO (presumably you probably aren't one, but your mindset is of one).

The question is, if you were to be able to 'commission' this. You will realise how much time and effort it is to structurally create. It's like people making LED Mavericks. For US - Costs about $30-$40. If you made an LED Maverick, would you sell it for $50? You would sell it for $100+. The demand value is approximately that much.

#296737 Internal Air Compressor Titan (nerf Modification)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 28 March 2011 - 03:03 AM in Modifications

@Wes7143 - We're from Brisbane, Australia :). We live down undaaa (slang). Unfortunately my friend is not too keen on exposing the internals of our blasters as he likes to keep the audience in 'suspense' :). However! If you are wondering how we're getting 'miniture' sized ACs that fit in Nerf Blasters...

I can add that you probably saw the switch on the side. The trigger activated switch to turn on the AC is just a push button switch - Similar to the Stampede and Swarmfire mechs. If you're electrical savvy, it shouldn't be too hard.

Posted Image

@durka durka & Wes7143 - My friend basically just hacks it apart to get the actual 'compressor' motor inside it. The size decreases it to 1/3 of the original compressor size. So hopefully, that helps. Alot of our other Australian members across the nation has taken on board this idea and have made AC Magstrikes. Compact and Powerful :).

@Keola88 - Here are some statistics.

20PSI - Tank half full (/w OPV intact) - 80ft-100ft
40PSI - Tank FULL (/w OPV intact) - Typical Titan Ranges 100ft-130ft)
60PSI - Whistler can hit up to dare I say 150ft-200ft.
120PSI - Well, let's just say you shouldn't be using it at that high because it shoots probably as hard as a paintball gun. Maybe even worse.

Also. My friend can commission one of these for $200 (excluding postage). Pretty cheap if you ask me. Blaster costs about $120 to make. + 5-8hours of labour. If you want to contact him. I would suggest you PM the youtube channel and I will direct the mail to him :). It weighs about 7-8kg (15-16pounds)

#296690 Internal Air Compressor Titan (nerf Modification)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 27 March 2011 - 04:48 AM in Modifications

There's alot of things you can do with an Air Compressor. Pump your tires, up with it... well that's all I can think of. You can also put it inside a Nerf Titan! This is probably one of the best Nerf AC Titans you will have seen around.

If you've noticed, MANY of these modifications are freaking bulky, have a tube running from a backpack or fanny pack and has a HIGH RISK of snagging on something unpleasant, ripping off, and BAM GG there goes your Nerf Blaster. Yes, at many wars these AC Titans are banned, but doesn't stop my good friend phuonguyen in putting an awesome compressor inside it.

Specs:
Pump Relocation (So you can use it after the battery dies)
Inbuilt AC 12V
12V RC / Tamiya Battery
Pure Awesome
Safety switches (check the video).

Video covers most angles of the Titan.

If you want this commissioned then PM phuonguyen on the youtube channel. Also subscribe if you want more crazy modifications.

We definitely have a surprise for you guys in a few weeks times (when we can be bothered to make the video) - Especially aiming towards you RyanMcNumbers :D.

#294980 Brisbane, Australian Nerf War Videos (updated 23/01/2011)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 23 February 2011 - 02:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Bump!

Here's the latest footage of the humans vs zombies war we had in Brisbane. Approximately 30-36 people rocked up for this round of HvZ. The footage taken in this video is a game we made called Last Man Standing.

The scenario is that you're the last man standing on the earth plagued by zombies and you must defend yourself against the increasing numbers of zombies each wave. The goal is to survive as long as you can. This is sort of like tower defence.

Footage

Subscribe if you want to stay tuned of what's happening down under! :).

#294455 Angel Breech That Accepts Streamlines

Posted by Fu-BJ on 13 February 2011 - 06:51 PM in Modifications

Saw this video a few days ago. Like I read in a few posts before. SGNerf already done this ages ago, so it's nothing new. Good work on making in standard measurements for the people who use that type of measuring units. I work off metric since I'm Australian.

However, just because you make 'two vids' a week. Very seldom are your modifications are original, they're just taken off other people and revamped so it makes it look like your work. I'm not trollin' either. It's just the truth.

Still, at least you still contribute to the Nerfing society which is what people rarely do even though they're trolling you. It's picture heavy and very clear :). Keep the good work.

#294454 Write-up: Dart Tag Furyfire Modification

Posted by Fu-BJ on 13 February 2011 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

@the mod man & utahnerf - The only real purpose I saw in removing the pegs is to be able to use streamlines (for those who use stock darts for Nerf Wars). From my experience, I have tested drilling out the PEG for 'better airflow', it does not improve the range at all. So I didn't see the point of putting unnecessary effort.

It's just a 'tiny' common misconception of modders in increasing air flow. I doubt it really gives you the extra 5 or so feet from what I've tested.

@cheerios - I'm not sure what you mean I got the pictures of the springs mixed up. However, the stock furyfire spring is EXACTLY like the stock Maverick spring. The spring I used actually has some 'kick' to it. Unfortunately, you can't purchase this spring from SG anymore cause it's out of production :).

#294448 Write-up: Dart Tag Furyfire Modification

Posted by Fu-BJ on 13 February 2011 - 05:33 PM in Modifications

Step 5:
Place the pegs back in and close up the barrel. Remember to line it up with the screws! There is even a groove marked in the gun on where you need to position the turret. Forgot to take a picture of that, will do it later.

Posted Image

Step 6:

You will need to put some epoxy putty behind the arrow pointed in the picture below. If you were to use a stronger spring, that thing will snap right off. Inf0rm3r has experienced this so I took this into consideration. In the second picture below Step 6 you will see that with my upgraded spring I filled that dead space with epoxy putty.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step 7:
Time replace the spring! As you know replacing the spring in the FuryFire and Maverick is fairly hard as there isn’t any springs with ‘good compression’ or ‘the right size’. I bought my spring from black-tactical and work very well. Unfortunately you cannot purchase the spring anymore as they do not sell it on the Singaporean site anymore.

Above Picture: Stock Spring (from the internals picture)
Below Picture: DTG upgrade spring from black-tactical.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step 8:

Place the gun back together. I can’t really explain how you would do this as there are many bits and pieces, but the internals picture will give you somewhat of an idea on what you need to do. The best I can do is label bits and pieces shown in the internals pictures for you. The rest is up to you.

Posted Image

You’re done! Ranges are very impressive for a small reverse plunger gun.

PTG: 15metres (45-50ft)
ATG: 20metres (60-65ft)

It’s a great all rounder gun to modify, but only recommended if you have at LEAST modified the maverick and a few other guns. It dominates in a lot of wars. The best example being that inf0rm3r’s best mate is almost impossible to rush when combined with his Big Blast and FuryFire. Signing off with another first person shot...

Posted Image

Video:

I've seen one or two write ups on this modification, but this is my outlook on it. Enjoy :).

Here's something you can do with your Furyfire sets. I dual toned mine and they're pretty mad looking...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#294447 Write-up: Dart Tag Furyfire Modification

Posted by Fu-BJ on 13 February 2011 - 05:31 PM in Modifications

Hey dudes, phuonguyen and me were modding the 4 FuryFires I had in my garage and we decided to do a little write-up for you guys who are interested in a FuryFires but didn't know whether they should get one. However, before we begin, the FuryFires is a fairly intermediate gun to mod. There are so many fragile pieces that if you don't do it properly, you can cause it to break, fire like shit and make you rage. Successfully modifying this gun will bring great rewards because it can be a great side arm in an outdoor war OR a very good primary indoors. This is just a brief overview and won’t get into great detail.

Step 1:

Open up your FuryFire of course! There are many angles of the internals because they are somewhat hidden.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step 2:

This is somewhat very similar to a maverick but…

DO NOT OPEN THE SCREWS FROM THIS SIDE…

Posted Image

There are THREE hidden screws in the three holes presented in the picture below. You may need a thin screw driver to into the small area.

Posted Image

Step 3:

Remove the ARs, they will fall all out just like the Maverick would.

Posted Image

Step 4:

Remove the pegs by cutting it down with scissors. It is optional to drill it out or dremel it, but if you don’t do it properly, the seals will be crap and thus your gun will perform crap. It is very similar to the Maverick if you guys have modded one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#294377 Internal Air Compressor Magstrike (nerf Modification)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 11 February 2011 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

The internals looks basically exactly like the SGNerf Air Compressor Modification. However, if you look very carefully you can actually see the air compressor that has been carefully integrated into where the MS pump was (i.e. the metal like motor thing. I'll highlight in red what I mean in the picture below.

Posted Image

It's basically 'internal', but you could say it's a minimisation modification also for an air comrpessor modification. The cord then is linked to a schrader valve (bike tire valve) which is connected to the bladded (very similar to SGNerf's design [there's a link of what I mean in the first post])

You probably know that carrying a 12V mini car battery with a full size mini compressor is fairly cumbersome. Where as this has been minimised by installing the compressor internally, there's no need for a backpack to hold your blaster together.

If you guys are wondering about the issue of the 'exposed cogs'. It's been to a few wars and has hit a few 'humid / rainy' days but the compressor is still going strong. However, we will probably covering it up with some plastic and spray paint it :).

If you're wondering how much it weighs, I think it's about 6lbs (about 2.7kg - 3kg). Maybe 8pounds. However it's much more compact and would be great for indoor wars and what not :D. Combined with my friend who modified this blaster, we have a combined total for 10 MS clips :).

#294353 Internal Air Compressor Magstrike (nerf Modification)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 11 February 2011 - 03:58 AM in Modifications

Hey guys.

It's littlebro05 from Brisbane here. You would of probably seen a few air compressor modifications that have been added on with certain Nerf Blasters. For example, the renowned SGNerf who successful modified a magstrike to take an air compressor. However, from what I know, no one has actually installer a compressor INSIDE the magstrike.

Here is the video of it. All specs and features are explained within the video below.

Just as a quick overview. It operates very much similar to SG Nerf's Air Compressor strike so if you're wondering what's inside, it's basically the same - minus the inbuilt compressor.

http://modworks.blog...compressor.html - Courtesy of modworks by SGNerf (if you want this link remove, contact me via youtube account of BrisbaneNerfGroup)

Here are a few pictures of it below. These are just screenshots from the video overview on this modification. This modification is done by phuonguyen from oznerf (Australian Nerf Community) and all credits and effort goes to him. He is one of my high school buddies. I was with him when I filmed this for him and we were bored lol.

The Internal Air Compressor Magstrike
Posted Image

The on/off switch.
Posted Image

Pressure gauge (35PSI is max pressure before you'd probably blow it.
Posted Image

Tamiya connector
Posted Image

12V 3800mAh Airsoft / RC Battery
Posted Image

The compressor motor.
Posted Image

If you want this commission follow the info box displayed below on the video link. You'll be seeing more modifications every now and again soon :).

#293375 Brisbane, Australian Nerf War Videos (updated 23/01/2011)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 25 January 2011 - 09:02 PM in Nerf Wars

BUMP!

Here's the latest footage of a war we had in Brisbane. This was an HvZ war throughout the day and we finished off with a good classic Team Deathmatch.

We got approximate 18-21 people attending this war, and hopefully more to come next time.

It was great exercise and as one of the member from the Oznerf forums commented to me on the day... HvZ is totally not a game for us Nerfers as 80% of us are unfit. Nonetheless, it was great. Edited video footage below.

Subscribe if you want to stay updated on our latest wars :).

#292920 Brisbane, Australian Nerf War Videos (updated 23/01/2011)

Posted by Fu-BJ on 16 January 2011 - 07:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Hello guys up in America. I'm known as littlebro05 in the Australian Nerf Forums called oznerf (google search it). Just a quick introduction... I've been Nerfing since the start of 2010 and have modified many a gun (SGNerf Brass Breeched Longshot, Stampedes with 16Vs and spring upgrades, Recons, Raiders, Tripleshot conversion to a Quadshot, Singled BBBBs | BBUMBs | Buzz Bee Mega Missile (BBMM), Magstrike air tank expansion mod, furyfires, and lots more than you could imagine).

My friend who is one of the admins on these forums have done MUCH more than I have. This includes and air compressor MagStrike, a stampede working at around 90ft MAX, vulcan that shoots aroudn 60ft and a whole lot more. We also have a great modder who has made a homemade "air pressurised" raider which uses a brass breech design, that utilises clips and what not. These will be seen in the videos ahead of time once the weather in Queensland gets better, we will be able to have another Nerf War :D.

Before you watch, our Nerfing community does not aim for mega ranged Nerf Blasters. We love to have a mix of ROF and range to keep the game interesting, instead of having everyone shooting 100ft+ guns and standing super far away. I see that as kind of boring as there's no 'variety' in the Nerf Wars we have. However, if certain communities love to war that way, I have nothing against it as we all have different 'views' of fun.

The reason I've made this topic is because to update you guys who live in America that the Nerf community is not limited to just the US and Singapore. Also, just so you can enjoy some videos I make. It has grown pretty big ever since I've started having a record number of 35 people turn up to one war.

If you are wondering what type of darts we use, we have a supplier under the username inf0rm3r who sells blue foam tubing that we use to create darts. We use snap caps (screw caps) as our dart heads to eliminate inconsistency. The foam is 12.7mm (1/2 inch) foam which WILL fit in all stock guns. He sells this foam worldwide and if you want some. I'll ask him about it. We also have new silicone tips which will eliminate the need of making 'Hot Glue Domes" and you can simply just slow the silicone tip in the blue foam with some silicone glue. I will update you on this later.

Anyway here are some of the videos. I will be constantly updating this thread for videos :). Enjoy!

Recent War We had in the rain

Humans Vs Zombies - Roleplaying (our most intense video yet!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfCu_FY8PT8

Humans Vs Zombies - Paranoia Infection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJMb5n8YUnI

Biggest Nerf War today in Brisbane - 36 people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjM76uhUy9w

The 2nd War in our area - I didn't get footage of the first proper one we had. However, this was one of the wars that established our community.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGNdBlZGTg

This was a war organised by another group down in Brisbane, Australia. Their Nerf Wars consists of stock or near stock blasters. Not my cup of tea, but still fun. Just lacks cover which is extremely important in a Nerf war imo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5RcyBVqyO4

That's all for now. I have a few more videos, so feel free to browse my channel ;). Which reminds me... there doesnt' seem to be a option for embedding videos... is that possible on these forums? For more updates, you can subscribe to the Brisbane's community channel so you can keep updated one of many parts of the world who Nerf. I will update this thread when I go to more Wars. I only recently started to add music to my videos as I realise they can be pretty dull at times. Thanks!